Please consider supporting me!

Amethyst

• Administrators

Hello! So this is a little foreign to me, but please hear me out. Actually, I don't know how to say this, so I'll just put it straight--

I've started a Patreon.

For those of you who don't know, Patreon is a crowdfunding platform that works on a monthly basis. Fans pledge to donate a small amount each month (totally up to the individual) and then in return, much like kickstarter, they get a set of rewards for that in return. This system allows people to support content creators that wouldn't otherwise have a way to make a living, and lets them make a living out of doing their thing!

...Like me! 

It is not really a secret that this kind of thing is my passion, and I would love to make games for you all for forever. But real life calls-- and the reason this is happening now is because my company just shut down. So I lost my job and I'm out on the metaphorical streets. And I could get another job... but it probably wouldn't let me work on Reborn as much. No matter what, I want to do what's going to give me the most time to make my games. And that happens to be this. 

I know a lot of you might be nervous about my accepting money for working on the project, given the copyright monster and all.. I am too. So let's talk about that. There's a few things I have going for me:

• We are not the first fangame to have a Patreon
  • This Patreon is for all of my games, not just Reborn.
  • I'm taking care not to be very public about connecting Reborn to this (although we all know that that's why most if not all of you are here). That's also why this topic is in a forum only registered members can see. 
  • Patreon itself operates in a kind of grey area where the donations are not for the intellectual property of (in this case) Pokemon, but for the work that the creator is doing. 

...Based on those things, I'm hoping for the best.

My end goal here is to eventually build up enough support that I can work on my games full time. That'll mean finishing Reborn first, but also Starlight Divide and another project that my Patrons will learn more about than they probably will ever have wished to. That always starts somewhere... So it would mean the world to me if you could pledge even just a dollar. 

Please visit the page to see what kind of rewards I'm offering for various levels of patronage!

And, thank you so, so much for standing with me here, and for taking the time to read all this. Your support would mean the world to me.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the first to pledge you, probably, likely. It was 0 but it turned into 30 after I subbed, but well, I'm very glad to support you for your work, and look forward for what you can provide for the days to come.

Congratulations on reaching the $50 a month milestone, Ame! This is a great achievement in a rather short amount of time, and I look forward to seeing where lengths you may teach next.

Hello Ame. Do you want people to share/tweet about this because Team Darkness can tweet about supporting a fellow amazing game creator if you would like?

I plan to help you a lot per month so I hope you continue to have lots of support from people. 

This was an awesome idea. I just hope it doesn't backfire later on somehow. :(

6 minutes ago, kakoi said:

This Patreon is for all of my games, not just Reborn.

What other games you made? XD

If I remember correctly after reborn she plans to work on her own game, I can't exactly remember the title but in time you can put ame in your "So worth the investment" list if you subscribe on patreon *.*

Unfortunately I don't have a stable income or a way to donate, or I would do so. Hopefully in a few months these problems will be fixed.

In any case, I wish you luck in your endeavors, and I'll be supporting from the sidelines until that time.

Now the struggle of convincing parents to let me help on Patreon begins! I think I'll at least be able to convince them to let me give 3 or 5 bucks a month. I'm really glad you're doing this though- you deserve it.