[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

"Well Jezhreal; the plan we have agreed upon is pointless if the village turns outbto have been populated by... Let's say sapient Chihuahuas; now the "dangerous" task we are asking you to do, is for you to go invinsible, walk over with the rest of us to an area where the villagers can not see us, and having you go there and use your invisibility to not get detected while you ponder the humanity of the residents, afterwarda all you have to do is walk back to where he rest of the group is waiting, and tell us what species is currently inhabitating the village, now is that clear? Because we're going in blind here, and this, this might be a good place to rest for the night."

Jesse

Ah fear, one of humanity's greatest flaws, it keeps them in check and trapped inside a box, it's kinda funny and pathetic at the same time. Jesse raised a brow as the two adamantly ask him to go the unknown village, and that's not the worst part, the angel serves this group without knowing any of their names yet and yet he blindly follows them because he is bound by duty to serve others.

"I think you must have confused me for a genie, but fine, if that's what you want doc.." Jesse sighed. "So no one will come with me in this scouting mission? I can assure you, we will return safe, it's not everyday you have an angel by your side."

[Fond amusement]

The mother-like Primordial smiled idly as her companions spoke and bonded with one another. A pleasant activity, and one she would normally participate more strongly in. But this group was too large to lavish attention on every single member - what she did for Aurora she could not do for everyone, not without techniques specifically for that purpose. Perhaps something to look towards in the future?

Then conversation turned towards the more practical. For instance, the town that they were oh so slowly approaching. Who would make contact, who would speak, who would scout, who would skulk in the shadows? Given some of their group's... less than friendly pre-conceptions, It That Embraces suspected there might be some wisdom in skulking in shadows. Not something she could ever do, of course, as she was essentially the opposite of stealthy.

[greeting, self: It That Embraces]

There were at least two new arrivals- new to her, at any rate. An ethereal, angel-like man, or perhaps ghost; and a flamboyant artist who flitted amongst the others. She kept her introduction brief, so as not to distract them too utterly- though they'd probably end up distracted by her more-than-real appearance none the less. Most people seemed to react that way.

Ah, they were still arguing. Debating? Debating. The angel wished for company while he scouted the town... the Primordial hummed.

And then glanced forward along the path, her eyes twisting and turning in reality. Wait a minute. Was that...? Yes, yes it absolutely was a reasonable amount of the group leaving them far behind.

[Amusement: {Snow} and {Izumi} have already moved forward. No scouting needed. Perhaps we should catch up to them?]

{Snow} and {Izumi}: concepts of their appearance/observed mannerisms/etc. She doesn't know their names either, sorry.

((FINALLY FINISHED THIS POST THANK GOD.))

Edited by Twei

"Slag it. They did go on ahead. That could be bad; we'll be lucky if she doesn't alienate everyone she meets," Alexandria sighs, venting air noisily. "Here I thought I'd be having a break from covering for... strong personalities. In that case, unless anyone else here has diplomatic training, I should accompany the scouting party. We'll probably need it badly."

• Upvote 1

Katsuo

"And where exactly do you expect to find a television around here?" Katsuo inquired.

Gwaedu bounced cheerfully.

"In the..!" Katsuo said incredulously, "Moron. What possible reason could there be for the armored lady to have a television? And for that matter, how would she even fit it in there with her?"

Gwaedu spun in a shrug.

"Hollow, yeah right. There's some crazy stuff around here, but that would just be silly."

Gwaedu spun around a bit more vehemently.

"I don't know what happened in Fullmetal Alchemist, I don't even know what that is!"

Gwaedu bounced once.

"...I would know if we had a television. Of course, yes, the television in the hollow woman. Which we can power with energy from the automaton that hates us."

Gwaedu's response was a quick swing.

"Company?"

Venus

Everyone else seemed too busy to consent a moment of attention to the ever extravagant artist. After exchanging goodbyes with Alexandria, he silently peered his eyes across the gathered group of beings from beneath his mask, noting that not all of them were human; the peculiar, stimulating environment enticed Venus, knowing that it would be a pleasure to acquaint with them all soon -- yet with alliances being formed and business between the seemingly stronger people of the group ensued, perhaps that had to wait.

Venus noticed a lone young man, with little to talk to as much as he did at the moment. Surely, he could entertain his cogitations and plans for the performances he would do there, or continue to make more paintings -- they appeased his mind well. The boy looked.....run-off-the mill; insipidly common, if Venus put it in his bluntest terms. Atypically a person who would a first, fail to gather Venus' interests. Yet interaction was important, and, like a pearl beneath the rigid, coarse shell of an oyster, perhaps something deeper resided within that plain exterior that would suffice in assuaging him at the moment.

He approached Katsuo, bowing for the third time that day. "But a pleasure to acquaint with you, my boy. I see you and I aren't the most social ones, but perhaps it is such that would bind us together, like birds of a feather. My name is Venus."

"Oh, yes, hello." Katsup bowed politely from the waist.

It wasn't a gesture he used often, but it felt rude to not bow in response to another. Even if that other was some weird dude in a mask.

"Nice to meet you. I am Himura Katsuo and the expressive earring is my partner Gwaedu."

Gwaedu spun happily.

"She says it's nice to meet you as well."

• Upvote 1

"An alliance, huh? I mean, considering that I'm pretty sure we're all supposed to be working together in this situation, an alliance is kind of redundant. Not that I'm averse to the idea, though. Always good to make more friends.

"And how, pray tell, are you so certain of that?" Magna mused. "It was certainly... convenient that we were able to band together back there. But what's to say that won't change in the future? All these different people, different backgrounds, different philosophies... Who could say what might happen? But I digress."

"Besides, I saw that little trick with the shadow creatures. Pretty strange ability, that. Haven't seen it in a while. Not too common these days. Definitely seems like it would come in handy for a ton of situations. Like doing household chores."

"It is rather convenient, yes. It does save me a lot of time back home," Magna replied. As to doing what, she didn't explain further. It seemed Kagari was one of the more observant ones; Magna had assumed the people at the vanguard would be too pre-occupied with battle to notice. "In any case, if you could keep that little bit of information a secret for the time being, that would be lovely~ I can't have everyone knowing the cards in my hand immediately~" It was still too early to be outed; she could reveal herself later at a more appropriate time.

Kagari grinned and held out her hand for a customary handshake.

"Well then, pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'd love to take you up on your offer... Magna, was it? I hope we get along."
"Yes... Magna Sigyl," Magna introduced herself. Odd, she had only mentioned her name once, and that was when she introduced herself to H.K. who was alone at the time. Already, Magna was amused. She met Kagari's hand with her own. Despite being gloved, Magna believed Kagari would figure out her the nature of her anatomy immediately. "Charmed. I look forward to working with you too~"

"Oho."

Kagari fought to suppress her surprise as she felt Magna's hands. Now this was rare indeed. Here was a creature she thought had died out. Or, well, fell in numbers. It felt weird to describe the undead with the term "dying".

However, if she was willing to reveal this to Kagari, Magna clearly trusted her to some degree. The onus was on Kagari to reciprocate the trust. Kagari made a snap decision.

Making sure nobody could see their hands, Kagari very briefly released the human form of her hand and wrapped Magna's hand in a translucent pink slime. Then, as quickly as it had appeared, it disappeared and was replaced by a human hand.

"What do you mean they have already went ahead? Katsuo? Isn't that the one that glows? That sounds like a terrible idea, bright lights and stealth never mixes well"

The grey cloaked man summons several books and constructs them into a floating platform.

He walks onto the floating platform, and he takes a seat on a chair placed on the front of it; the seat is more than slightly uncomfortable.

"Right, well this is working, does anyone want a ride to the village, or do you want to walk there?"

The grey cloaked man turns to face the "Angel" he had talked to earlier.

"The name's Solomon, and I have a map of this place"

It That Embraces regards the floating platform of books with a small burst of [Amusement].

It is a conveyance, at the very least. Somehow, she suspects it is a suboptimal use of books.

And not especially stealthy.

Edited by Twei

Jade O'Duffle

Jade was bewildered after the cloaked man summoned those books and now he's offering us a ride on those books to the town. Not the most subtle way of entering a town but it's definitely a way. All Jade knows is that he's not stepping one foot on that hardcover. "While I appreciate the offer, I think I'd rather walk to the town then get whisked away on a flying book. No offense, I just ain't the scholarly type."

Eon

"A mobile book platform? Certainly one of the more interesting ways I've seen books used. Though I guess that means that any stealth options are now no longer on the table. Oh well." Eon muses, not particularly minding how they get to their destination as much. Though he had to wonder whether this was a good use of books.

"I suppose I don't mind carrying anyone around either, though I'm not sure how comfortable the rest of you would be with that," Eon decided to say, knowing full well that most of the humans would be more than likely to take the less strange of the two options...though flying books may not necessarily be normal.

"When did the concept of walking become so unfashionable? It seems far more prudent, given the circumstances. I'm of the opinion that we should take the most primitive method of transport available to us. Whether these people are our enemies or not, we would seem less threatening."

• Upvote 1

"While I do realize that the platform is the least stealthy option available; the plan was to drop all of you several hundred meters away from the village, and to try and catch up with the glowing boy, and what I can only assume was the source off the glowing light that healed the now suspiciously missing orange man"

"You know... Maybe the dragon is right; maybe some of us should ride him to our destination; at best they'll think of us as several adventurers looking for a place to rest with our giant pet dragon; at worst they'll think we're hostile amd try to kill us"

"Nice chain of command you got here in this group," Jesse mumbles with has dead pan expression on his face as everyone on this group seems to have opinions on what stealth is and figuring out how do they approach this village, Why do have to complicate things? make up your mind humans, is anyone here making any sense? the angel thought to himself as watch the humans bicker. first it was amusing then it got annoying real quick.

Jesse can't help but to sit on rock and waits for them to come to an agreement, which in his thoughts is close to impossible.

A man with shaggy, medium-length brown hair in a short black jacket and black pants appears from the direction that Eon had previously seen houses in. He draws closer, waving down the people beginning to leave the area. "Wait! Don't run off just yet. I need to talk to you."

After another few moments, giving the people more distant a chance to return to the main group and for himself to get there, slowing from a jog to a walk. Now that he's here, a distinctive weapon can be seen thrust through a loop at his hip; it looks a lot like a broadsword, but it has the distinctive mechanism of a revolver near the handle, complete with a trigger. "I'm guessing you guys are new here. Judging from the Heartless you just took out, and the fact that you're not Nobodies, you're not here to destroy anything. If you just follow me, I can explain a little of what's going on, I think. We've got extra supplies too. I do have a favor to ask, though, so follow me; I'll explain on the way." He gestures toward the direction he came from.

• Upvote 1

Eon

"Oh this is convenient. Someone has come to break up this little mess. Also answers the questions of whether the main inhabitants are humans. Very well, I'll see where this goes," Eon tells the man, eager to finally get moving after the empty discussion over approaching the town.

• Upvote 1

Well, he certainly seems nonthreatening. Even if he is a danger, I doubt that we wouldn't be able to defeat him.

Extra supplies...

Edmond hesitated momentarily, and then approached.

"Where would you be taking us? I'd appreciate a brief explanation until, just to ensure that you're trustworthy. I'm willing to go with you after that"

Edited by Strider

Snow, the Lady Ashford.

"By Aelia's Tits, hurry it up. I ain't got all day pretty boy. So ya best get yappin'. Oy vey more humans loooovely... I really wish they sent Dust on this instead. He likes people, for some reason. Weirdo." The armoured woman seemed none too happy by her rigid and rather twitchy body language. It was hard to tell entirely with all that armour on but tone of voice also helped sell it.

While the shaggy man converses with the rest of the group; the grey cloaked man had been orbiting the dragon; or "Eon" as it called itself; while trying to do his best to get it's attention.

"I saw you with a book earlier; what was it called?"

After the shaggy man finished talking; the grey cloaked man landed his aerial construct next to the man and said.

"Now why don't you just wait a moment; is that really a way to introduce yourself to the group? I get that you want us to come and help you, but at least tell us your name first"

Edmond started that this most recent statement by Alexandria. He had read the works of the ancient Greeks once, back in his teens. They were fond memories, from a simpler age.

A sudden thought struck him. "Excuse my ignorance, but would you be speaking of Homer, as in author of the Iliad and the Odyssey?"

"Do you know of another? I was under the impression that it was not a common name in modern times," Alexandria quips, "He was a fantastic poet, although his works suffer somewhat when translated. Excellent commentaries on human nature, unmarred by the sensationalism of later works. Well, relatively speaking of course."

The man sighs heavily at Snow's reaction. "Great. Another one that thinks they're gonna do great by themselves. Just, please, for the love of God, don't start talking about your 'inner darkness' or something, I've dealt with enough of that. . ." He seems to be recalling something distant but still irritating before he shakes his head and tries to assume a cheerful demeanor once more. "I'll just be taking you back to town. This world is called Hollow Bastion, by the way. As for Nobodies and Heartless, you've fought some of the latter already. Shadowy things, weird empty heart symbol on them. They devour worlds, shrouding them in darkness forever. . ." Again, he looks distant for a moment. "Nobodies are something else. The shell left behind after a person becomes a Heartless. They sort of don't exist, not the same way we do. I haven't seen any around lately, though. Heartless, though, there's been a huge amount around lately."

• Upvote 1

"Sorry to interject, but the man also wrote a stunning comedy that I can't read due to everything being written in ancient greek"

The grey cloaked man responds to the shaggy man's words with.

"Thank you for telling us what this world is called, but I was referring to your name sir; if you will not tell me, then I shall be forced to refer to thee as sir shaggy."

Edited by Cronos5010