Version 9 Status Thread

Jan

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

That would certainly be very interesting, but I don't see it as very likely or if we're ever getting that confirmed for ourselves. As for Gardevoir, I always imagined Gardevoir being somewhat related to Madame X, since they share color scheme. I double checked Gardevoir's shiny sprite (and reborn shiny sprite in case it was some kind of easter egg, which I doubted but still) and they're not alike, meaning there is something very weird about this particular Gardevoir.

Also from what Madame X says in the prologue, I think Madame X has been here over multiple "timelines" or whatever you would choose to call them, and she has witnessed the calamity many times over. I know that the professor guy (forgot his name) we meet in the past supposedly says that Team Xen are trying to bring another "Storm 9" I think it was called? in the present, but it seems that Madame X either has: 1. Failed multiple times and therefore gone back and try to make it happen, resulting in Maria/Marianette/Melia having to suffer over and over again (this could also be a reason she has so many different names) or 2. Madame X has other motives than what the professor lets on and we as the player character simply don't know enough yet.

There was also the time where she saved us from blowing all of Kugearen City into smithereens by telling us where the maid was and she said "Who are you? You weren't here last time" meaing that for some reason, the player character is alive/exists in this current timeline whereas in previous ones they did not. My personal theory on this matter is that in other timelines, Crescent wasn't on the ship to save us and we also got imprisoned on Blacksteeple Island, and since Crescent seems to know her fair share of things regarding us and prophecy I reckon she would want us alive/free for whatever goal she has in mind for later.

Also ICSW if you could tell me where in the game it is you read about the prophecy about the 4 heroes of light and 4 heroes of darkness, I would appreciate it. I know I've read it before but I can't for the life of me remember where in the game that information is located.

I think Madame X and Gardevoir's only connection would be that they're enemies. Kanon attacked Gardevoir after saying the masked woman told him those people would bring destruction to the world. So I don't believe that Madame X and Gardevoir are working together, or that Gardevoir is Madame X's Pokemon. If I had to guess at Gardevoir's trainer, I'd say either a new character or Crescent, seeing as Crescent is able to talk through her Gothitelle and seems to be a Psychic-type trainer. Or maybe she's able to speak the same way Braixen is, through Blakeory technology.

I agree about Madame X trying multiple times to stop the catastrophe. Assuming the locked building in Kugearen is hers since she takes the journal away from us when we're about to read the savior's name, she also mentioned an old guy setting up a disaster. 

The light and shadow prophecies can be found in two different places: the Hidden Library and Kristolica Palace (the name of the mansion in the sewers). At Blacksteeple Castle, there's also a statue that goes into detail about the shadow prophecy specifically, mentioning what each shadow represents (Raw Evil, Betrayal, Obsession, and Greed). 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I think Madame X and Gardevoir's only connection would be that they're enemies. Kanon attacked Gardevoir after saying the masked woman told him those people would bring destruction to the world. So I don't believe that Madame X and Gardevoir are working together, or that Gardevoir is Madame X's Pokemon. If I had to guess at Gardevoir's trainer, I'd say either a new character or Crescent, seeing as Crescent is able to talk through her Gothitelle and seems to be a Psychic-type trainer. Or maybe she's able to speak the same way Braixen is, through Blakeory technology.

I agree about Madame X trying multiple times to stop the catastrophe. Assuming the locked building in Kugearen is hers since she takes the journal away from us when we're about to read the savior's name, she also mentioned an old guy setting up a disaster. 

The light and shadow prophecies can be found in two different places: the Hidden Library and Kristolica Palace (the name of the mansion in the sewers). At Blacksteeple Castle, there's also a statue that goes into detail about the shadow prophecy specifically, mentioning what each shadow represents (Raw Evil, Betrayal, Obsession, and Greed). 

Yeah I also found it a little odd since Gardevoir and Madame X seem to be on literally the opposite sides of each other. It's probably just whatever color scheme Jan decided to go with.

Even though we barely know anything of Crescent's motives/goals, I find it unlikely that Gardevoir is her pokemon, I don't really have any proof or arguments as to why it shouldn't be, just a gut feeling. I think it's a new character altogether, and Crescent doesn't really seem to have any connection with the Garufa from what we've seen so far.

EDIT: Also where specifically in the hidden library? I'm currently looking around myself but some leads would certainly be appreciated.

EDIT2.0: Nvm I think I found it in the Absol statue

Edited by TheMoltenGuy

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Yeah I also found it a little odd since Gardevoir and Madame X seem to be on literally the opposite sides of each other. It's probably just whatever color scheme Jan decided to go with.

Even though we barely know anything of Crescent's motives/goals, I find it unlikely that Gardevoir is her pokemon, I don't really have any proof or arguments as to why it shouldn't be, just a gut feeling. I think it's a new character altogether, and Crescent doesn't really seem to have any connection with the Garufa from what we've seen so far.

I do think it's more likely to be a new character (maybe the "Raw Evil" shadow). From what we know about her, I think Crescent doesn't believe in the prophecies and is trying to prevent us from getting involved in them (she said the future isn't set in stone no matter how many times people try to carve it). Although we've only seen her going after Team Xen and not the Arceus cult, I don't think she'd like the Arceus cult any more than she does Team Xen. I think she's on her own side. I mentioned before in a theory thread I did she seems like a "Chaotic Good" character. 

5 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I do think it's more likely to be a new character (maybe the "Raw Evil" shadow). From what we know about her, I think Crescent doesn't believe in the prophecies and is trying to prevent us from getting involved in them (she said the future isn't set in stone no matter how many times people try to carve it). Although we've only seen her going after Team Xen and not the Arceus cult, I don't think she'd like the Arceus cult any more than she does Team Xen. I think she's on her own side. I mentioned before in a theory thread I did she seems like a "Chaotic Good" character. 

Yeah I definitely agree with you on that part. I wouldn't be surprised if Crescent has jumped around timelines just as much as Madame X trying to do whatever it is she's trying to do since she definitely appears to have some sort of control over time and space thinking back on the time she saved us from dying in a pool of lava (or did she just teleport us out of there? I honestly don't remember). I would not be surprised either if Crescent actually knows who Madame X is or if they know each other in person, since they seem to have very similar powers in warping around anywhere they want and so on. I'm definitely going to have to explore all of the areas in V9 since I have forgotten a lot of crucial details regarding lore.

• Developers

Juicy talk in the Status Thread today, huh... It's always fun to read what you guys think. Makes me really happy.

Anyway! As for a small update. I've actually been taking a small break to play Zelda... Sorry if that's disappointing,

but I'd be lying if I said I was working religiously on it atm (I've waited so long for this game, give me a break :c).

Though, I will say that I have been working on it a little, and... Man, I am so impatient about releasing this. 

I'm so excited to see how you guys are going to react to all the changes and all the new details I've spread

across the land and whatnot. 

Is there a way to actually read what was on the Gardevoir statue in the hidden library post opening the stairs to the lower level? Or have I just lost that information forever now ;_;

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, Jan said:

Juicy talk in the Status Thread today, huh... It's always fun to read what you guys think. Makes me really happy.

Anyway! As for a small update. I've actually been taking a small break to play Zelda... Sorry if that's disappointing,

but I'd be lying if I said I was working religiously on it atm (I've waited so long for this game, give me a break :c).

Though, I will say that I have been working on it a little, and... Man, I am so impatient about releasing this. 

I'm so excited to see how you guys are going to react to all the changes and all the new details I've spread

I wasn't sure whether to get a Switch and BotW just yet or to wait, but everything I've seen and heard about it is tempting me to get it. 

6 minutes ago, TheMoltenGuy said:

Is there a way to actually read what was on the Gardevoir statue in the hidden library post opening the stairs to the lower level? Or have I just lost that information forever now ;_;

Here's what it says: 

e041e66368f6488f8f96304a37e82c13.png

Can I just say how much I hate Madame X's team.  

It's literally just a bunch of strong pokemon put together. Except the strong pokemon don't go together, and the battle looks relatively easy to beat with an auroras and extra healing. Which should NOT be happening considering how bad of a pokemon it is.

(Also, will the Solrock Lunatone fusion get it's own sprite? And maybe a movepool, ability, and stat update? I feel like this thing could learn more moves to make it cooler (moonblast, energy ball, some special fairy type counter part to "Solar Flare") , could be stronger, and should have a signature ability, such as a move that gives stab to fire or fairy type moves like steelworker (Dhelmise's ability)

Edited by Sceptilespy

• Developers
1 hour ago, Sceptilespy said:

Can I just say how much I hate Madame X's team.  

It's literally just a bunch of strong pokemon put together. Except the strong pokemon don't go together, and the battle looks relatively easy to beat with an auroras and extra healing. Which should NOT be happening considering how bad of a pokemon it is.

(Also, will the Solrock Lunatone fusion get it's own sprite? And maybe a movepool, ability, and stat update? I feel like this thing could learn more moves to make it cooler (moonblast, energy ball, some special fairy type counter part to "Solar Flare") , could be stronger, and should have a signature ability, such as a move that gives stab to fire or fairy type moves like steelworker (Dhelmise's ability)

What team, lol. She hasn't had a real team for a long time. That team was exactly as you described. It was comprised around the time I wasn't really into Rejuv that much and it was just a fight for my friends to go through, Since I've taken the game more seriously from then, she's gotten changes.  She has 1 Pokemon now and that's Yveltal. 

As for the fusion, it already has its own sprite? I can see the movepool being updated, but I think its stats are fair. 

KzoyHh1.png

When I said sprite. I meant like when you click "Pokémon" after clicking X. Because when you do, it just shows regular Solrock's sprite. IDK, why I'm so obsessed with this thing, it just looks really cool

Edited by Sceptilespy

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, Jan said:

*Jan chuckles at our ignorance, fumbling around in the dark

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

Plot Twist: Jan is Madame X.

And IHE and Aquaman are gay lovers.

everyone in Uganda knows kung fu.

The Emoji Movie was the greatest Idea for a movie ever.

genius.

I also hope, that somehow in V9, they go more in depth on Dimension Rift Pokémon. Because quite frankly, it's Rejuv's version of a PULSE Pokémon, and isn't gone into very much other then the fact that "Hurr durr, dese p0k3m4n 4r3 st0nk n0w" From what I know, all we know is:

1. Zetta can (or could) make them, for whatever reason.

2. They seem to be able to suck the energy out of a certain area and replicate it inside the dimension rift? The Pokémon directly effected by the Rift also seems to keep the Rift stable. (Somehow)

3. Dimension Rift Garbodor was able to be saved. (Haven't read diary yet, so can't go into detail why)

BUT

1. Zetta is a solosis created from Melia's DNA so why can't Melia make dimensional rifts. And why doesn't Zetta attract shiny pokemon like Melia does? SO MANY QUESTIONS.

2. Number 2 only happened in Goldenrod. The other Dimensional Rifts took us to a completely different place, for whatever reason.

3. Who except Team Xen knows how to cure Dimension Rift Pokémon. Why would they write that. And from what I understand, they don't have operations in West Gearen.

Nothing is adding up. Jan. Explain yourself.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:35 AM, Mr. Divergent said:

Can't make the player too OP

Haha. Believe me, you can never be too OP in this game

On 3/10/2017 at 4:04 PM, TheMoltenGuy said:

Tbh I don't think/hope the "final battle" (if there's even going to be such a thing, honestly wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't) won't be against Madame X, that would just be a bit too cliché for my taste, the great hero battling the ultimate evil in the end and all that. I don't doubt at all we're going to battle her at full power but what I do doubt is that it's going to be the final boss of the game.

There are (obviously) A LOT of mysteries surrounding Madame X and I really want to talk about them and share my own personal opinions but that would: 1. Take me like 1-2 hours to write down, and 2. This post would be several hundred words long which I will spare you the burden of having to read right now. If anyone ever wants to discuss anything lore-related when it comes to Rejuv (or any other fan game that I've played) they are welcome to message me or something in that style. I always like an intelligent and interesting conversation.

What would be cool is if at/near the end of the game you could choose to kill or spare Madam X, if you dispose of her well obviously she dies but if you spare her then she goes insane trying to understand after all she has put you through why you would spare her, then runs away or somehow exits the scene that in some way leaves her death ambiguous. 

On 3/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, Jan said:

What team, lol. She hasn't had a real team for a long time. That team was exactly as you described. It was comprised around the time I wasn't really into Rejuv that much and it was just a fight for my friends to go through, Since I've taken the game more seriously from then, she's gotten changes.  She has 1 Pokemon now and that's Yveltal. 

As for the fusion, it already has its own sprite? I can see the movepool being updated, but I think its stats are fair. 

KzoyHh1.png

I got the shiny and it was worth it, it looks kinda like the yin yang symbols 

• Developers
1 hour ago, Milotic said:

Jan you never confirmed whether or not I got the stats right for the Solrock/Lunatone fusion lol

http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21264-lunatone-and-solrock-fusion-base-stats/

I never saw it. I don't have the stats up in front of me, but this looks correct. I'll confirm this later. 

On 3/10/2017 at 4:29 PM, Jan said:

UGHH r u kidding me? my heart DROPPED when it said this is the end of chapter 8 stopped in out tracks im very sad rn ;_; my last resort now is to play reborn or insurgence but amzing work so far

Edited by thefithcaptive

34 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

I'm asking everyone on this thread.

Who is your favorite character in the game? Excluding the MC. 

Currently, my favorite character in the game is Venam. I immediately liked her when she was introduced (that begging scene) and she has continued to impress me since. I enjoyed her interactions with Amber especially the scene wherein Amber attempts to get Venam for stealing her mom's Charizard but fails to do so because Venam is able to ride the train before she is caught. Venam's punk personality and her charms are mainly the reasons why I like her as a character and not even Melia, my second favorite, comes close to her.

2 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I'm asking everyone on this thread.

Who is your favorite character in the game? Excluding the MC. 

currently i'd have to say Saki

while meeting her first i thought not much of her, but she grew on me really quick.