I wish you play, I wish you fight...

Amethyst

That field seems awesome. Amazed you still can find creative ways to rip my poophole open, weirdest part being that we all seem to enjoy that and are already theorycraft how to play/counter it, haha !

Btw, am I the only one noticing the Technoblast up on this field ? Isn't it Genesect's signature move ? A part from the Jirachi in Anna's team, can we as well foresee the big metal bug in Titania's one ?

PS : Probably, okkie538. It is likely that the Razor Fang will be available in the Dept. Store, 9th floor and that we will get access to the sticker in E16+.

Edited by Althah

I think Fern and Blake's usefulness has expired for the story since we already battled them several times. Besides Team Meteor and Lin will be pretty annoyed at their failure and apparent carelessness/disrespect.

Since only one will die I predict Lin will kill one of the two in front of the other, so that the surviving one understands that it's not a game and gets his shit together. I hope Blake dies because his character is less developed than Fern.

Another possibility is simply that Solaris gets killed by Lin since they don't seem to share their world view and Solaris is kind of an outsider now.

Or Taka gets killed by Solaris himself, although that's just crazy.

Basically somebody in Team Meteor will pay for their recent failures. I think it's too soon for Dr. Sigmund to die because clearly some other characters deserve Lin's wrath more at this point.

Another possibility is simply that Solaris gets killed by Lin since they don't seem to share their world view and Solaris is kind of an outsider now.

Or Taka gets killed by Solaris himself, although that's just crazy.

I'm not sure if Solaris would go as far as to kill Taka, but he does say that he feels forced to involve Lin at this point, and Lin might very well feel like Taka has screwed up one too many times. If she learns that Taka helped the PC, why would she spare him?

He's only useful to Solaris due to this whole "protect the land" and "descendants of an ancient civilization" stuff, but since it's already established by Sirius that Lin has different goals than Solaris, an Admin who screws up like this would definitely not be useful to her.

So IMO, if what you said is right and the next person to bite the dust is a Meteor character who gets punished for their failures, then Taka seems the most likely, because he has recently screwed up big time (not just failed to stop the player like Blake and Fern, but helped us), and from Lin's perspective there does not seem to be any redeeming quality to him.

The other higher-ups are at least still useful to Lin in some way.

I'm not sure if Solaris would go as far as to kill Taka, but he does say that he feels forced to involve Lin at this point, and Lin might very well feel like Taka has screwed up one too many times. If she learns that Taka helped the PC, why would she spare him?

He's only useful to Solaris due to this whole "protect the land" and "descendants of an ancient civilization" stuff, but since it's already established by Sirius that Lin has different goals than Solaris, an Admin who screws up like this would definitely not be useful to her.

So IMO, if what you said is right and the next person to bite the dust is a Meteor character who gets punished for their failures, then Taka seems the most likely, because he has recently screwed up big time (not just failed to stop the player like Blake and Fern, but helped us), and from Lin's perspective there does not seem to be any redeeming quality to him.

The other higher-ups are at least still useful to Lin in some way.

You're right, not to mention that Lin appears to have some sort of telepathic ability a bit skin to Lord Voldemort in HP, so she could know what Taka did. Unless the decision whether or not to battle Taka somehow influences whether the Meteors know what he did or not, and would decide his fate - which would be really cool. But since we KNOW that someone will die, either that happens later, or Taka dies regardless of our actions (which would make our decision whether to battle him or not pointless) or someone else dies entirely. Which is why I don't really like the idea of him dying.

UNLESS Ame said someone will die but it could be different people based on our decisions: either Taka dies if we didn't battle him, or someone else (Solaris, Fern, Blake, who knows) gets punished otherwise.

Unless the decision whether or not to battle Taka somehow influences whether the Meteors know what he did or not, and would decide his fate - which would be really cool. But since we KNOW that someone will die, either that happens later, or Taka dies regardless of our actions (which would make our decision whether to battle him or not pointless)

Mh, so far our decisions in the game mostly resulted in storyline changes/expansions that are interesting, but not altering the end results drastically.

It gives us lots of alternate/expanded dialogue and scenes (like Laura's participation in Tanzan, exposing Corey, the E15 end battle differences...), but in the end, all of them have ths far led to the same short-term conclusions. Whether this holds true for the story's actual end is another thing entirely, but I think that if our decision of whether or not we battle Taka in the WTC changes anything, it will likely only affect some dialogue/maybe give us slightly different scenes, in the same way that defeating Garchomp at Pyrous Mountain changed E15's end.

So if Taka were to die, our decision to battle him might, for example, change how he gets exposed.

The thing that interested me the most about this field was Doom Desire. Considering the lore behind Jirachi and what it has done in the official Pokemon story it would be interesting to see what would happen with a Jirachi in the wrong hands in this world, let alone a pulse one. I'm too rusty on the details of the story in Reborn at this point,m since it's been too long since I've played, so I'm not sure if there's anything obvious that will happen with Jirachi that I'm unaware of.

"Jirachi hibernates for extensive periods, forming a protective crystalline shell as it sleeps. However, it is still capable of fighting while asleep if it is in danger. It awakens for seven days every thousand year, but can also waken if sung to by a voice of purity. During the short periods when it is awake, Jirachi is said to grant wishes. However, in the anime, Jirachi cannot create an object that is desired from a wish. Instead, it teleports the desired object to the person that made the wish. In the Pokémon Adventures manga, Jirachi's wishes are granted by writing on the three tags located on its head. Due to only having three tags, Jirachi can only grant three wishes. The anime further reveals that Jirachi's awakening is linked to the Millennium Comet, and that its third eye has the ability to absorb the energy Jirachi needs for hibernation. Although it is extremely rare, Jirachi can be found in the mountains. Jirachi is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Doom Desire."

"Jirachi will only awaken during the week of the thousand-year comet and if there is a partner that can be its friend. Max filled that role in the movie. However, Butler wanted to use Jirachi's powers to awaken Groudon. When Butler gained control of Jirachi, he forced it to use its power, inadvertently creating a fake Groudon that would devour everything in sight with its liquid-like tentacles. With the help of Butler, Max, and Ash, Jirachi managed to destroy the Groudon with Doom Desire."

Edited by Howin

Can i just ask why moves such as Hyperspace fury or Glaciate, or Steam Eruption are programmed to have effects on the various fields if only legendary pokes get them? Like does that mean we'll get pokemon like Hoopa or Kyruem in the game? Ive always wondered that....

Woah, a character being removed? I wonder who it will be!

fernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernfernpleaseletitbefern

And I love the Starry Field! It looks so cool!

I guess you could say this new Field has me... STARSTRUCK!!!

Can i just ask why moves such as Hyperspace fury or Glaciate, or Steam Eruption are programmed to have effects on the various fields if only legendary pokes get them? Like does that mean we'll get pokemon like Hoopa or Kyruem in the game? Ive always wondered that....

All 721 pokemon (and more than likely the new batch of Gen 7 pokemon, forms, and whatnot) will be available by the end of E19. Legendaries are planned for the post-game content.

Well if Anna has this field and she has a Jirachi which has Doom Desire (and doom desire/future sight are fixed), then... Let's hope you brought a flash fire Houndoom :3

Got bored, decided to see which types resisted Fire/Steel:

1/16 Damage:

Fire/Water

1/8 Damage:

Water/Electric

Water/Dragon

Fire/Electric

Fire/Dragon

1/4 Damage:

Fire

Water

Water/Steel

Water/Rock

Water/Normal

Water/Fighting

Water/Psychic

Water/Flying

Water/Poison

Water/Dark

Water/Ghost

Water/Ground

Fire/Steel

Fire/Rock

Fire/Normal

Fire/Fighting

Fire/Psychic

Fire/Flying

Fire/Poison

Fire/Dark

Fire/Ghost

Fire/Ground

Electric/Dragon

1/2 Damage:

Water/Grass

Fire/Grass

Water/Bug

Fire/Bug

Water/Fairy

Fire/Fairy

Electric/Steel
Electric/Rock
Electric/Normal
Electric/Fighting
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Flying
Electric/Poison
Electric/Dark
Electric/Ghost
Electric/Ground

Dragon/Steel
Dragon/Rock
Dragon/Normal
Dragon/Fighting
Dragon/Psychic
Dragon/Flying
Dragon/Poison
Dragon/Dark
Dragon/Ghost
Dragon/Ground

EDIT: I forgot fairy was weak to Steel oops.

• Developers

Well if Anna has this field and she has a Jirachi which has Doom Desire (and doom desire/future sight are fixed), then... Let's hope you brought a flash fire Houndoom :3

Got bored, decided to see which types resisted Fire/Steel:

1/16 Damage:

Fire/Water

1/8 Damage:

Water/Electric

Water/Dragon

Fire/Electric

Fire/Dragon

1/4 Damage:

Fire

Water

Water/Steel

Water/Rock

Water/Fairy

Water/Normal

Water/Fighting

Water/Psychic

Water/Flying

Water/Poison

Water/Dark

Water/Ghost

Water/Ground

Fire/Steel

Fire/Rock

Fire/Fairy

Fire/Normal

Fire/Fighting

Fire/Psychic

Fire/Flying

Fire/Poison

Fire/Dark

Fire/Ghost

Fire/Ground

Electric/Dragon

1/2 Damage:

Water/Grass

Fire/Grass

Water/Bug

Fire/Bug

Electric/Steel

Electric/Rock

Electric/Fairy

Electric/Normal

Electric/Fighting

Electric/Psychic

Electric/Flying

Electric/Poison

Electric/Dark

Electric/Ghost

Electric/Ground

Dragon/Steel

Dragon/Rock

Dragon/Fairy

Dragon/Normal

Dragon/Fighting

Dragon/Psychic

Dragon/Flying

Dragon/Poison

Dragon/Dark

Dragon/Ghost

Dragon/Ground

So lets hope everyone is packing one of these combos, and if it's one of the damage halving ones, that the mon is on the bulkier side. While I didn't do calcs on everything, obviously, I did a fair few and am reasonably confident in saying NOTHING can take a neutral hit from said Doom Desire without the assistance of something like Flash Fire or Sturdy, so that'll be fun ^.^

Also Doom Desire & Future Sight should indeed be fixed for E16, so no cheesing this damage if/when it eventually happens.

On 8/17/2016 at 7:17 PM, Isa-Chu said:

Why are we talking about ZEL, Taka and Fern's fates when Anna's guess on Cain's future still hasn't happened? And it's not a very nice one..

I dunno about Z.E.L and Taka, I'm fine with them staying.

But I, as well as many other people, would love to see Fern get cut.

I just don't realistically see characters like Fern or Cain dying any time soon (or at all), whereas Taka is honestly my #1 guess for who will die. That's why I'm talking about him.

And talking about ZEL is a thing I generally never pass up

I find Anna's visions intriguing, but they tend to be more of a general observance about a character/their story arc, than isolated incidents in the story. So they're more worth looking at in a big picture.

(Although I'll have to admit that Cain simply isn't a character I personally am super interested in. He's one of the characters who are just there, even if I find him likeable.)