V8 Discussion Thread! SPOILERS!

Polaris

So, I've witnessed quite a few people who have finished the current release discussing certain, very spoiler-ridden details in the V8 release thread, and I want to shift all that discussion over here so no one who hasn't finished the release accidentally stumbles upon it!

Wellllllllllllllllllll, what'd you all think??

What do you think of Krystal???

Did you expose Flora???

How was the Gym Battle??? Who did you battle against???

Where the hell is Aelita??? Saki??? Braixen??? Adam??? Valarie???

Did you do the Manor sidequest???

Let me, and others who are itching to discuss the latest release know what you thought!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krystal is chlll, I am curious as to how her dialogue changes on whether you did the help request or not.

I exposed her at first,having partnered with her brother, but went back and changed it after hearing what happens if you partner with her.

as such I battled both her and her brother. Flora is more difficult in my opinion (mainly due to whimsicott getting helped more by the field and Mega Venasaur)

kinda not invested in the others atm, woops!

Manor sidequest is cool, the reward is somewhat disappointing (unless i missed something other than the lightball)

I am curious about the safe in the manor though.

Well I am almost 100% sure Krystal is the champion. I did not expose Flora, after hearing about how this person named Cassandra seems to have a dictatorship over Grand Dream City it became apparent that team bladestar seems to be a group of rebels and I usually root for the underdog. The Gym battle was very easy. I teamed up with Flora because I felt like I needed to keep an eye on her and in the end I ended up battling just her. I just set up calm minds with my gardevoir and killed most of her pokes with a boosted moonblast. I even got a swift swim boost which I traced off her ludicolo. Then I just cleaned up with Chandelure. I did do the manor sidequest but I just got a light ball so it didn't seem very worth it aside from getting some lore. Also I want to know if anyone has managed to summon the "Devil" in Darchlight. I tried but it didn't work.

Edited by TheMightyPickaxe

Judging by her response to Venam's outburst, I'm about 70% certain Krystal is the champion.

I did expose her, but backed up the save in order to explore both branches.

Battled the brother, went down fairly easy with the exception of me underestimating Mega Sceptile's speed and having it take out my Yanmega.

I'm gonna say they're all kidnapped.

In the process of doing the sidequest now.

1.) I wouldn't be surprised if Krystal was the Champion. I got Crescent vibes from her when she talked to Kanon and I think she assigned some sort of "role" to him like Crescent did to Nim / Lorna.

2.) Yes, I exposed Flora. However, I feel that both her and her brother are guilty for different crimes so bad events will happen whether you expose her or not.

3.) Since I exposed Flora, I battled Florin (on Intense). My Nidoqueen ripped through 4/6 of his Pokemon. My Magnezone OHKOd his Cradily and my Gardevoir did the same to his Mega Sceptile. My Typhlosion couldn't do too much due to Uproot dealing ~70% of his HP and pretty much all of his Pokemon out-sped my Typhlosion. Overall, it was pretty easy for me but I can see Flora and him being nasty for those who don't have a fast or very bulky answer to extremely powerful Grass-Moves. Flora is definitely harder with her Mega Venusaur + Screens and Whishmoncott's Moonblasts.

4.) I think that Aelita is the red-haired girl in the forest. I think that the others are either deep in the forest we cannot access of inside of Grand Dream City. I sure hope that they haven't turned into stone! D:

5.) Yup! Did the manor sidequest (which was great btw) and am currently exploring for hidden goodies with Strength.

Anyways, I am really enjoying the exploration factor of this Version and the map redesigns, especially on Terajuma, are phenomenal! Kudos to Jan and the others that assisted in the creation of Pokemon Rejuvenation. It has been a blast watching this game progress! :D

[scree

Krystal helped out, so that's good in my book. (You'd think the conductor would notice the broken rails, but nope~)

I didn't expose Flora, since she did help me get past the grunts.

Believe it or not, Flora was really easy. Acrobatics Crobat torn through her team outside of Ferrothorn, even 2HKOing Mega Venusaur! For Ferrothorn, I just used Chandelure to roast it.

Chances are they're probably beyond the thick fog in the forest. Now if only we have Defog...

I did the Manor Sidequest. To be honest, I'm quite disappointed by the reward (Light Ball, really?). Perhaps the true reward is within that safe...

For a short version, it sure was a good one. Felt like we did so much in a short amount of time, which aint bad at all. Loved how the forest connected to like 5 different areas. Like eveyone else I agree Flora was definitely more challenging still pretty easy tho, since fairy types are super OP on that field just moonblasted everything. Also decided to keep Flora under the radar, its more fun that way lol. Now I dont think Krystal is the champ, but looks like theres about to be some lati twin action with her and Nim. V9 should be pretty lit

As mentioned by multiple people in this thread, I do have a good suspicion that Krystal is the champion, but you never know... Also, I did not snitch Fiora 'cause I'm from the streets, I'm gangsta yo. The police could have me pinned on the ground and have a gun pointed at my head asking for a name, but I ain't snitching on no one. I battled against Flora, and it was too easy, I felt bad for her. Volcarona is so good that I just quiver danced once on the Ludicolo lead and swept her entire team. I am curious to find out where Aelita, Adam, Valerie, Saki and Braixen are though, perhaps they are already at the Grand Dream City? The manor sidequest was interesting with the creepy music, but something tells me the light ball isn't the only reward you get... :unsure:

Regarding the Flora being a Bladestar situation, there will probably be two branches later on: one where horrible things will happen because of the corruption in Grand Dream City and you'll have to deal with those without the help of the Bladestar, and another where you do get the help of the Bladestar, as the problem is solved more quickly but can lead to Flora being possibly betrayed by the co-founder of Bladestar, that became/is themselves a corrupt person. I explored both branches, just in case.

Krystal screams Champion.

Florin was kinda easy.

Cradily was taken down with combination of my starter and my Grass-type. Contrary Serperior died in two hits, Ludicolo died because I used Freeze-Dry on U-turning Jumpluff, which then died to it as well. Ferrothorn died to combination of burn and setting up.

The only thing that was really problematic was his Mega, which obliterated most of what was left of my team, and had to be Toxic stalled.

The way the dialogues go, they cliche-lock Krystal into the champion position imo :P I hope we learn more about the people of Aevium that can use magic btw.

Expose Fiora? nonono the dark side has more cookies! If im given the chance to play the dark side in any game, i jump right in!

I battled Flora. The gym battle was decent. Could have won first try, but i wanted to hold back, so i won the second.. In fact, i held back the second try too. I could have swept everything with Vivillon's Hurricane but i settled for only one Quiver Dance, so Mega Venusaur survived and got her in the end.

-Pros: Interesting (as in unexpected) half-grass half-fairy themed field effect, which made the Whimsicott pretty deadly.. Whimsicott was the one who punished me for holding back the first try and swept my everything.

-Cons: I think there is still some space for improvement to make her harder (in intense mode only. since we are the masochists of the bunch). I mean, i still have nightmares from Amber...

-Suggestion: Make Ludicolo start always with Damp Rock - boosted Rain Dance.. At least it will help against one of the grass' many weaknesses, and will help Whimsicott have a perfectly accurate Hurricane.

Hmm maybe they are all in the grand dream city and turned into stone already? Or they could be locked into the Oblitus town gym for all i know.

Yeah i did the sidequest, got the light ball, spent some time pulling my nipples trying to find some hidden Rotom anywhere, then went to get an ice cream from the kitchen to console myself.

Edited by DemICE

What do you mean, a light ball? I got other rewards from the manor, including a TM and a key for something which I have no idea where it is

Nevermind that. Just really curious on how you get

the Rotom

, though.

Edited by ddfail

Oh I didn't know there was a resolution where you could battle Flora. I'll have to try that then for sure because Florin was a complete and udder joke.

I didn't even change my team or know it was a gym battle because I always make sure I don't read the text on my first playthrough so I'm surprised when I record it afterwards.

Went to him, battled, my blaizken 2 shot his cradily, then weezing took out his mega and my jumpfluff took out the rest. Could have easily beaten that gym with just two pokemon if I prepared for it. Not what I expect from a battle on Intense mode in this game - especially since there wasn't a gym puzzle or anything like that too.

The more I think about it, the more I am disappointed though. The story is always cool, but the gameplay was pretty oddly lacking this time. Making us travel to this "town" for basically no reason. Could have just cut that part out, nothing happened there except some banter. We are looking for Kelvin, but then all of a sudden he is found etc.

Just seemed a bit less than what I'd normally see in Rejuv.

But I loved it nonetheless.

something makes me curious about the gyms, there's one in obitus town which is abandoned i assume that will get a new gym leader which would probably be fighting.

grand dream city is what im most curious about, grand dream city is split up into 4 districts, dose that mean there is a gym for each district? and if so what type would the 4th gym be? we have psychic, grass and flying there

Edited by sandy

Krystal seems like an interesting character. Looking foward to see her again. ~

Yes, yes I did. I know it might not have been the best choice, but I honestly don't care. Flora was an annoying character from the get go. That said, I might have liked her more if I paired up with her, but as for now, I don't regret exposing of her.

EDIT: I felt like I should explain myself a bit more here, because I realized I did sound quite heartless here. The reason I exposed of her is because she gave me a bad first impression. When you first meet Flora, she shouts at you to leave. When Florin offers a gym battle between you and Flora, she straight up refuses to do so. The first thing she does when we fall down into the cell was yelling at her brother, making it seem like he is in fault of them falling down the trap. She also complains when Erin is in charge. Flora was just an irritating character to me who seemed like she was only able to complain about everything. I really dislike both characters and people IRL like this.

I battled against Florin. I set up Swagger with my Mightyena until Cradily knocked her out. I then sent out my Mawile who knocked it out with Iron Head. As for M-Sceptile, I sent out Vanilluxe (who barely survived an attack from it), who OHKO'ed the Sceptile with Ice Beam. The Jumpluff was taken down by two Flamethrowers from my Delphox.

They're all dead (lol, kidding). I don't know what to think of them as for now.

Yeah, but I felt cheated when the only thing that was there was the Light Ball.

Edited by Lilleen

I'm happy that I actually managed to find a spot with internet at the place I'm currently at (It's burning hot here).

Anyways, I think I found Jan's source of inspiration for this episode. I mean, Exposing people, Blade"STAR", a bit of rudeness...

It must be:

7dVbDJYQ.jpg

Edited by Don Dolo

I was doing the Missing Mother help quest in Gearen city, as i am replaying through the game, and one of the npc's made mention of Grand Dream City and how the mayor is very particular about how she likes things run, along with acting like she was afraid of the mayor. Something to think about.