V8 Discussion Thread! SPOILERS!

Polaris

Am I the only one who noticed how Erin's team is basically all Mega-Evolvable mons? Think she may have something to do with the Garufa since they're the ones responsible for Mega Evolution in Aevium?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

I didn't really consider April/Krystal being the Champion, but it would explain why she has to keep changing her name.

I was really conflicted on whether to expose Flora or not, but decided not to in the end. I went with Erin when the paths split. This seems like the closest to "neutral". Flora wants you to believe Bladestar is good and Florin wants people to think they're bad, while Erin says to see past biases and form your own opinions. I want to wait to see what will happen. I think Bladestar and the GDC government are going to fight in V9 with or without Flora. Without knowing the full story behind either of them, I don't want to make any moves just yet.

I don't really trust Cassandra or Bladestar because neither of them are innocent. Cassandra apparently has a problem with little kids getting free haircuts, and Bladestar destroys things and tries to frame the government (or at least Flora did). In order for me to want to side with someone, they'd have to 1) not try so hard to persuade me to join to where it feels like they exaggerate their good points and enemies' bad points and 2) they have to be completely innocent. No stealing or terrorism etc. At this point, both Bladestar and the government feel like they need to be taken out to me.

I did do the manor sidequest. It was really interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing it continue.

Am I the only one who noticed how Erin's team is basically all Mega-Evolvable mons? Think she may have something to do with the Garufa since they're the ones responsible for Mega Evolution in Aevium?

Zangoose can't mega.

Venam withdrew her title as GL "temporarily". Her mom is freaking out in front of her house. I thought it was quite amusing.

Amaria is worse off but also more amusing. She swore vengeance against you.

Edited by FairFamily

• 2 weeks later...
3) I battled Florin, lost the first time because of a crit..grumble...grumble.. but then I couldn't find out how to battle him again... I've finished the whole version and still can't figure it out....crap

5) Sh*t! What manor sidequest?!

Have the same, when I lose to Florin it jumps to a scene where they start looking for Aelita and I have to meet Erin in the forest. Do you just have one try to fight Florin in this version?

And yeah, where can I find the sidequest? :)

I betrayed her. Not getting involved into her schemes.

As for the Flora situation; we are probably fucked either way. We will either have to deal with a dictatorial bureaucrat who will probably hamper us at every turn, or with a madman/woman who most likely superseded Floras orders regarding the rail sabotage in a way that COULD HAVE LITERALLY KILLED A WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE. Remember, Krystal stopped the train because she had a vision of an oncoming disaster, so you can be guaranteed that the leader of bladestar is probably just playing Flora and the kind hearted grunts, exploiting their good nature to overthrow Cassandra. Either way, we are utterly fucked, and are gonna have to deal with some form of evil. Cant say i found her brother a breeze; her team is distinctly anti-sweeper which screws over my sweeping heavy team. Didn't have even a bloody chance to set up my Blaziken (And this dangerous thing swept through the entire water gym like it was paper using 2 bulk ups and a stacking shot). His breloom just took the opportunity to set up its own sweep and then outpaced my blaziken with mach punch (screw the 1 IV for def on my blaziken) and instantly knocked him out. Wimsicot destroyed it in 2 moonblasts, that is if it doesn't use that move that screws over my spec dev. Roserade just uses extrasensory.

My Noivern swept through the gym pretty quickly though, with the blessing of RNGeesus not fudging up my hurricanes. The only real issue was his Contrary Serperior which would annihilate my entire team if i missed my hurricane after a dragon pulse. His mega got just instagibbed by gardevoire, pretty sad.

I don't think we've seen Florin before. What did he say to suggest we've seen him before?

I also recall something to that effect. I also wonder who Melia reminded Erin off.

I'm happy that I actually managed to find a spot with internet at the place I'm currently at (It's burning hot here).

Anyways, I think I found Jan's source of inspiration for this episode. I mean, Exposing people, Blade"STAR", a bit of rudeness...

It must be:

7dVbDJYQ.jpg

Well, that, and i also recall a NPC in west gearen saying "What are thoseeeeeeeee"

So yeah, definitely inspired by keemstar

Well, I was really tempted to keep using my old save file and enjoy V8 from where I've left off, but after reading a few things, I took the awesome decision to start over, and man it was worth it. The remapping of the Terajuma section was really great. The new maps not only look prettier, but the idea of exploring them feels a lot more inviting too.

The slight story reworks made that part of the game seem a lot more cohesive, while adding a better sense of immersion and connection to certain characters (to me Tesla is the greatest example of that).

I still didn't finish all of the new content, but from what I've seen of it so far, V8 really shows Jan's development as a storyteller and even though it's still more than too soon, I'm already looking forward to see what he'll deliver with the future updates.

I really enjoyed V8. I hadn't played since V5, so it was rather nice to return and see all the updated content.

Krystal is a really cool character. I also got the feeling she was the champion, but you never know.

As for the Flora/Florin situation, I sold her out. I went with Erin and was totally digging her character, so Flora just seemed like a brat to me. Sorry not sorry. Unfortunately, I wasn't among the wise many who saved, so my decision was permanent. I'm planning on doing a second playthrough on intense mode though, so I'm looking forward to revisiting that part and making a different choice.

Since I only fought Florin on Normal Mode, I didn't have too much trouble. My team is pretty slow, so good ol' Ampharos came in handy with Thunder Wave. Also, Vileplume was pretty godlike with the relative ease it had Toxic stalling and tanking pretty much all of his Pokemon.

Also, because I'm a major snot and like to correct people,

My Noivern swept through the gym pretty quickly though, with the blessing of RNGeesus not fudging up my hurricanes.

The battle actually happens in the rain, so that wasn't rng. Just the sweet blessing of weather.