Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, Celebrant said:

How do you access the other parts of the hip hop ship shop. Because I cannot find. and how to you start the ditto sidequest?

There's three doors in the Hip Hop Ship Shop. The middle one is where the Ditto quest is.

image.png.80cbe7e47a3300195aaa42f6046d9c27.png

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, Celebrant said:

But when i go into the room there is nothing in there except four boxes

Also, is mega rayquaza available in spork because when I go to the move tutor, Dragon Ascent is not available as a learnable move.

image.png.4b1c3c2d4ea0eebc7709281ba643428f.png

This event wasn't here when you entered the room?

Mega Rayquaza, Keldeo Resolute, Meloetta Pirouette, and any other legendary forms gained from learning a specific move aren't currently available because I forgot to put them in. They'll be added in the next/final reupload.

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Celebrant said:

Okay i just figured that I already did the event sorry

how do you get back to the data vault after leaving?

Speak to the Guardian at the Sea Star Shrine and they'll ask if you'd like to go back to the Data Vault.

21 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The move relearner is she, not he, but she's in the Services District of Olidroll City.

yKQ6ihu5Qt6OAP1I4z2oMw.png

Thanks! where can i find the move deleter?

And sorry for the bothering

Edited by Sr.Kyle

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Sr.Kyle said:

Thanks! where can i find the move deleter?

And sorry for the bothering

The move deleter was deleted (pun intended) from Spork because of a game-breaking bug where deleting a move on a Gen 7 Pokemon would cause the game to crash. 

But the move deleter isn't needed since all moves (including HM moves) are deletable through normal means of learning a new move and forgetting an old one.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The move deleter was deleted (pun intended) from Spork because of a game-breaking bug where deleting a move on a Gen 7 Pokemon would cause the game to crash. 

But the move deleter isn't needed since all moves (including HM moves) are deletable through normal means of learning a new move and forgetting an old one.

i understand, thanks for everything, just one more question.......Is the Lucky egg in the game? i don't think it needs because it has infinite audino battles but, it's just for curiosity

• Global Mods
36 minutes ago, Sr.Kyle said:

i understand, thanks for everything, just one more question.......Is the Lucky egg in the game? i don't think it needs because it has infinite audino battles but, it's just for curiosity

In Liliech City, there's an NPC in a house who asks to see Eevee and all of its Eeveelutions one at a time. One of the rewards for showing her all of them is a Lucky Egg.

• Global Mods
34 minutes ago, apro said:

The opposing Slugma fainted!

THe fonts just randomly became small. Everything went back to normal after battle, but it was a bit weird

Pokemon Spork 2018. 09. 30. 13_40_31.png

Oops, I forgot about this one when making the known bugs list in the bug reporting thread. This has happened to a few people but I have no idea why. 

• Global Mods
On 9/27/2018 at 8:03 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Mega Rayquaza, Keldeo Resolute, Meloetta Pirouette, and any other legendary forms gained from learning a specific move aren't currently available because I forgot to put them in. They'll be added in the next/final reupload.

So I was partially wrong about this. Dragon Ascent isn't currently available, but apparently I gave Keldeo and Meloetta Secret Sword and Relic Song as learnable moves at level 90. I don't remember doing this, but that's what's listed for them in pokemon.txt. 

I guess I'll give Rayquaza Dragon Ascent at level 90 too for consistency. 

I even took a small break from nicknaming themes to do a legendary move tutor sidequest, which I just finished. After doing all the region quizzes in the trainer school and becoming Champion, you'd meet the region quiz NPC again in Party City's Pokemon Center and do legendary Pokemon quizzes, after which he could teach Dragon Ascent, Relic Song, and Secret Sword.

I don't know what to do with those quizzes now that I know there was no need for them...I don't really want to delete them after the time I spent on them, but I don't see what else I could use them for. I'm kind of embarrassed. 

On 9/30/2018 at 9:12 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

So I was partially wrong about this. Dragon Ascent isn't currently available, but apparently I gave Keldeo and Meloetta Secret Sword and Relic Song as learnable moves at level 90. I don't remember doing this, but that's what's listed for them in pokemon.txt. 

I guess I'll give Rayquaza Dragon Ascent at level 90 too for consistency. 

I even took a small break from nicknaming themes to do a legendary move tutor sidequest, which I just finished. After doing all the region quizzes in the trainer school and becoming Champion, you'd meet the region quiz NPC again in Party City's Pokemon Center and do legendary Pokemon quizzes, after which he could teach Dragon Ascent, Relic Song, and Secret Sword.

I don't know what to do with those quizzes now that I know there was no need for them...I don't really want to delete them after the time I spent on them, but I don't see what else I could use them for. I'm kind of embarrassed. 

No sweet-y, please do not be embarrassed.

You could take away those legends from learning their respected special moves at level 90 if you want to keep the quizzes, as none of these Legends learn their respected special moves through level up (only by move tutor, according to Serebii). That way, your hard work with the quizzes wouldn't be for nothing and you could keep Spork a bit more original. Your hard work is always appreciated~

• Like 2

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, SilverHelio said:

No sweet-y, please do not be be embarrassed.

You could take away those legends from learning their respected special moves at level 90 if you want to keep the quizzes, as none of these Legends learn their respected special moves through level up (only by move tutor, according to Serebii). That way, your hard work with the quizzes wouldn't be for nothing and you could keep Spork a bit more original. Your hard work is always appreciated~

Thanks Solviera! I decided to do this. I was a little worried that people would've rather had the moves readily available through their level-up movepools, but I think this is more fun and also gives people another quest to do. Even people who aren't interested in the moves might enjoy the quizzes. 

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Added progress sections at the end of the first post for the final reuploads of Spork and DDDL. 

Idol Activities Part 1 is everything from the formation of Smoothie up to making the PV

Part 2 is everything that comes after that, including exploring the new area with Smoothie and the song afterwards based on your experiences there

The Data Vault is being expanded for Spork and DDDL because there's trivia and background info I forgot to put there for both games. One example is what Delicia's role was going to be in early planning stages (Steffi and Yoru know this already). Also, I mentioned in one of the rooms about Jim's original planned gym design, and that entry's been removed now that Enigma made it a reality. 

Other/Misc. Updates = all other small quests and features added around the region. This includes the nature changer (thanks again to Cassie for adding this in) as well as the legendary quizzes mentioned above. 

I'd like to add some sidequests for characters that don't get as much screentime. I had a hard time coming up with a nickname theme for Angela because outside of what she does at the aviary, nothing is known about her at all and she has very few appearances. I did eventually decide on one and incorporated that into a sidequest for her, which is going to be available early on. 

At the moment I'm kind of bouncing between multiple different things. The past couple weeks I've mainly been working on nickname themes but I've also done some idol activities, some of the new Data Vault entries, and a few misc. updates for both Spork and DDDL. 

• Thanks 1

• Global Mods

Decided to spend the evening and night adding the new Data Vault entries for Spork and DDDL while they were all in my mind so I didn't forget about them later. So those are finished now. 

Now I'll probably focus on finishing the nicknames, then return to the idol activities. 

Current nickname theme progress: the ones remaining are Raymond, Dylan, Lee, Wendy, Isabelle, Mulder (currently working on), Seamus, Peach, Agne (need to switch Beheeyem and Minior for Pokemon that could fit the planetary theme), Quinn, Lemon, Blueberry, Rania, and Kayla. 

I also changed Orange's nickname theme this morning. 

For some of those I have themes in mind, and for some I have no idea yet. 

The amount of time a character's nicknames can take ranges from a few minutes to a few days. Some are easier to come up with themes for than others, and some themes I need to do research for because I don't know much about the topic. But I've been having a lot of fun with them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Global Mods
Just now, Mewtwo Prime said:

Did Halloween Espurr's animation sprites get fixed? When I go to play as her, she walks sideways or backwards and stuff. (Basically, certain left-facing and rear-facing animations are swapped or something).

The walking animation directions of Espurr's overworld sprites are in a different order than most other overworld sprites. The base overworld sprite is from Reborn and I recolored it orange and black. I'm not sure if there are other Espurr overworld sprites out there that are in the normal animation order. I'm not sure if I'd want to replace them even if I did though because I think it's funny. 

Recently started playing this game. I was reluctant to download it a few months ago due to the fact that is was not as serious as reborn and rejuvenation and desolation. I regret it now, as this game is very entertaining. My question is: where can I find a shroomish/breelom and a skarmory? Thanks

• Like 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, BaratheonStag said:

Recently started playing this game. I was reluctant to download it a few months ago due to the fact that is was not as serious as reborn and rejuvenation and desolation. I regret it now, as this game is very entertaining. My question is: where can I find a shroomish/breelom and a skarmory? Thanks

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! The above poster is correct about Shroomish and Skarmory's locations; also there's a notepad file in the game folder called obtainablepokemon that lists where all the Pokemon can be found.

(although it seems like Skarmory's location is listed as Attack Room 2 when it should be Defense Room 2...I've fixed that now)

• Global Mods

Am still working on nicknames, but I made a lot of progress yesterday. Only 6 are left now: Raymond, Lee, Wendy, Isabelle, Rania, and Kayla. 

I've done all the team changes I'm going to do though. Originally I was going to put the team changes and nickname themes in the same post when I was finished, but I'll do the team changes first because the nickname theme post is already going to be long. 

Jim: his team is now static throughout the game instead of having a few differences in each battle. He still has Staraptor and Girafarig. The other four are Bibarel, Heliolisk, Alolan Raticate, and Sawsbuck. 

Ashley: Emboar -> Alolan Marowak

Aretha: Gourgeist/Decidueye -> Cacturne (used in both gym and postgame battles)

Chelsea: Whiscash and Jellicent -> Corsola and Lapras

Lee: his team is the same but I switched his mega from Blaziken to Medicham

Carol: Togekiss -> Slurpuff

Alumia: Aegislash -> Stakataka

Arnalda: Poliwrath -> Crabominable

Triston: Wishiwashi, Jellicent, Barbaracle, and Kingdra -> Pelipper, Poliwrath, Wash Rotom, and Golisopod

Seamus: Shiftry -> Victreebel

Peach: Alakazam -> Beheeyem

Agne: Beheeyem and Minior -> Bisharp and Naganadel

Kayla: Talonflame -> Meloetta Pirouette

Ceolis: his entire team changed. His new team is Forretress, glitch Sylveon, Milotic, Togekiss, Meloetta Aria, and Mega Alakazam. 

Guardian: Vivillon -> Pheromosa

Ivan: Corsola -> Slowking

ICSW: Carbink and Mega Abomasnow -> Glaceon and Mega Diancie (DDDL team is staying the same but using a different nickname theme)

Sometimes I changed characters' team members in order to have Pokemon that match the nickname theme better, and sometimes I just thought a Pokemon they had didn't fit their personality and switched their team around because of that. In most cases it was both. 

Some notes on specific changes and the reasons behind them:

Jim: I wanted him to have all dual-typed Pokemon. I also felt like his gym team was kind of disorganized and didn't really suit him for the most part. Sawsbuck also has another reason for being there, to match his wife's Deerling.

Carol: When doing her nicknames I thought "Delicia doesn't have Slurpuff anymore and Carol's parents are bakers, so why not give Carol Slurpuff?" It fit better with her nickname theme too since I couldn't think of one for Togekiss that matched the theme.

Alumia: I've really wanted to give her Stakataka for a while

Kayla: Originally I was going to switch Volcarona, since the rest of her team are physical attackers that use Swords Dance. But I liked the idea of her sharing a Pokemon with her sister, and aesthetically Volcarona fits Kayla well. Meloetta can't learn Swords Dance, but since Ceolis has Meloetta now and those two are the founders of the league, I thought it'd be cool if they shared a Pokemon too. Plus Meloetta Pirouette is Kayla's style. 

Ceolis: all of his Pokemon are shiny. Some of them use Rainlove's shiny sprites that she's been posting in the Creative Works section, which she's given people permission to use and I've PMed her about it too. For Forretress and Alakazam I'll be making shiny sprites for them myself. Shiny Forretress is going to look like a disco ball. EDIT: Actually, I decided to PM Rainlove asking if she'd be willing to do the disco ball Forretress.

ICSW: Mega Diancie was always the mega I wanted to use, but originally I decided on Abomasnow because I didn't know how people would feel about characters having legendaries (especially a self-insert). In Natalie's case there aren't really any other bat Pokemon options (and Emolga is already a stretch; it's a flying squirrel with some batlike characteristics), so I thought people would understand her having Lunala. For Peach, since Lunala is used I thought someone could have Solgaleo too. And for Ivan having Manaphy and Blueberry having Phione, the situation with their legendary status was explained in the story. 

But I decided to just do it ✅. I already established through the game's dialogue that multiple Diancie (and Meloetta) exist in Spork. I wouldn't give a legendary to a character that there's only one of like Mewtwo or the Weather Trio, but I'm fine with doing it for ones that have more than one of their species. 

P.S.: Before Gen 7 I had no idea what to do for Natalie's sixth team member, so I'm glad Gen 7 gave us another bat. 

• Like 1