Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods

np!

Reading the FAQ thread just now made me realize I needed to update it for ep 8: the info about needing to merge the Universe Fragments is now included in the notepad file, and the nature changer is in now. The FAQ thread was still saying the nature changer will be in the next reupload and that I forgot to mention about merging the fragments in the notepad file. 

Also, since I posted these in the bug reporting thread today:

Map248 fixes a typo and Map024 fixes an invisible NPC; here are the files individually for those who want the fixes without needing to redownload the whole game. These go in the Data folder. 

Map248.rxdata

Map024.rxdata

• Global Mods
18 minutes ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

hi,im back,remember me? im the one asking you about the megastone and the saved files long time ago.Well the new ep finally has come and i tested it.Im doing the slime man sidequest and i have  question,where did Raymond go when he heard about the slime man's imposter?

Ocean Coast, where the Slime Man is from.

image.png.3918637f22513c82c81243251592037c.png

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

oh then thank you

also this is only my personal opinion but i think the bigger map update makes thing kinda out of place.Like the map got stretch in a weird way.Im okay with it but the game is like not the same anymore.

What do you mean by bigger map updates? The only map I updated was Ocean Coast, to add the new path south that leads to Staryu Valley. 

• Global Mods
21 minutes ago, nhannguyen2141 said:

that is just me seeing diffrences after not playing the game for a long time

im actually just checked and nothing was changed so yeah sorry for saying that in such a rush,im probably wasting your time

That's okay, and don't worry about wasting my time. Even if something turns out to be a false alarm, it's better to bring it up just in case. 

(I forgot to mention earlier btw but I do remember you)

Hi,

I signed up for this board simply because of how much fun I'm having playing Spork. I love how much character you've put into so many of the NPCs, and I really like how wholesome the plot has been so far. I just made it to Umira, and I'm really enjoying every moment. Delicia is easily my favourite NPC so far.

I laughed out loud so many times, making me feel the same kind of joy I did playing pokemon crystal on the GBC for the first time almost 20 years ago now.

I have 1 quick question for you, is there a punch trainer in the game anywhere? I'd like to give some of my pokes the various elemental punches and I couldn't find a reference anywhere to them. 

Also, one glitch I ran into with episode 8: the first Pokemon research institute mission gives a crash, when you go and apprehend the hackers. I played it on 7 and it worked fine. I think updating/changing esmerelda (?) did something to it.

Thanks again for this really fun adventure!

• Like 2

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, Fen said:

Hi,

I signed up for this board simply because of how much fun I'm having playing Spork. I love how much character you've put into so many of the NPCs, and I really like how wholesome the plot has been so far. I just made it to Umira, and I'm really enjoying every moment. Delicia is easily my favourite NPC so far.

I laughed out loud so many times, making me feel the same kind of joy I did playing pokemon crystal on the GBC for the first time almost 20 years ago now.

I have 1 quick question for you, is there a punch trainer in the game anywhere? I'd like to give some of my pokes the various elemental punches and I couldn't find a reference anywhere to them. 

Also, one glitch I ran into with episode 8: the first Pokemon research institute mission gives a crash, when you go and apprehend the hackers. I played it on 7 and it worked fine. I think updating/changing esmerelda (?) did something to it.

Thanks again for this really fun adventure!

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork! Reading this made me happy, and Delicia is my favorite too. 

Edit: 3 hours later, I just realized I forgot to answer your question about elemental punch tutors. There are move tutors at the Battle Frontier who teach them in exchange for BP in the postgame. @Fen (tagging you in case you already saw the post earlier when it didn't have the elemental punch answer in it)

I just reuploaded fixing this, along with a trainer this happens to in the Underwater Hotel, and an invisible NPC in the berry shop. 

If you don't want to redownload the game again, 

Map092 fixes the invisible berry shop NPC

Map187 fixes Scientist Esmeralda's battle

Map 205 and Map 272 fix Portal Agent Trixie's battles

these go in the Data folder

Map092.rxdata

Map187.rxdata

Map205.rxdata

Map272.rxdata

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I'm really glad you're enjoying Spork! Reading this made me happy, and Delicia is my favorite too. 

Edit: 3 hours later, I just realized I forgot to answer your question about elemental punch tutors. There are move tutors at the Battle Frontier who teach them in exchange for BP in the postgame. @Fen (tagging you in case you already saw the post earlier when it didn't have the elemental punch answer in it)

I just reuploaded fixing this, along with a trainer this happens to in the Underwater Hotel, and an invisible NPC in the berry shop. 

If you don't want to redownload the game again, 

Map092 fixes the invisible berry shop NPC

Map187 fixes Scientist Esmeralda's battle

Map 205 and Map 272 fix Portal Agent Trixie's battles

these go in the Data folder

Map092.rxdata

Map187.rxdata

Map205.rxdata

Map272.rxdata

Thanks for the reply and the fixes! 

Hey ICSW, another Episode 8 specific crash: Portal HQ, the fight before the exit of the room with the simulations in it.

(Also, if this isn't the right thread to be posting bugs, please do let me know)

• Global Mods

Reuploaded fixing Emily appearing in the BCC beyond the meeting room gate before the player opens the gate. 

Map107, for the individual fix without needing to redownload, goes in the Data folder. 

@nhannguyen2141 

If you've started the BCC quest and then spoken to the manager of the Waste Disposal Plant, you can enter the sewers by talking to this NPC:

image.png.31d59e7c8ec7d47e1ece3e437ecbd7e1.png

@Fen Map272 was supposed to fix that, but reading your post I realized that I updated the trainers.txt PBS file rather than the maps with the battles. The maps already had the correct data, the trainers.txt was the one that needed to be updated. So I'm not sure why I thought those maps would be the fixes. 

Here is the updated trainers.txt, it goes in the PBS folder. 

@apro responding to the question about Tubers on the wiki, they were removed from the game because entering a map where there were Tubers started suddenly causing the game to glitch during ep 8 development and I wasn't able to figure out why. Treasure Hunter is another trainer class that was removed from the game, since they're pretty similar to Hikers. Some Treasure Hunters were replaced with Hikers and some with other kinds of trainers. 

Map107.rxdata

trainers.txt

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reuploaded fixing an NPC changing skin color after going through the BCC Building. 

Map098 for the individual fix without needing to redownload the game; goes in the Data folder

@Hyljys the main story and the postgame are complete, but there are still a few things coming in future reuploads. 

image.thumb.png.2e461405654a5552de3eaf7a42bfd2b8.png

Map098.rxdata

• Like 1