Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, HmMmmm said:

how do I evolve my swirlix? I just started the game and chose  it.

To evolve Swirlix, you need to use a Whipped Dream on it. You can buy Whipped Dream at the candy shop in Olidroll City, which is where the 6th and 7th gyms are.

• Like 2

Is there a known bug with lovely kiss or sleep moves in any version of the game? I went looking for documentation and couldn't find any. @.@

if not, I'm assuming that I fucked up my game by editing pokes and am not expecting anybody to fix it, but I would welcome help if anybody were feeling like a kind and magnanimous soul this fine Sunday morning :P

• Global Mods
On 11/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, QueenieAbsol said:

Hello! Out of curiosity, does this game offer console controller support?

Hi! By console controller support, do you mean the ability to play with video game controllers like Xbox, Playstation, etc.? I'm not really sure if RPG Maker games have that ability, or how to hook up the controllers if so. 

I also don't really know anything about controller support on a personal level either; I know there are people who use game controllers to play PC games but I don't know how to do that myself (or have any working controllers I'd be able to use if I did). 

Sorry that I wasn't able to answer your question. Maybe there's someone else here who knows more about controllers and how/if they work with RPG Maker. 
( @Punkeev might know? I remember you mentioned looking for a way to play DRV3 with Xbox controllers once)

edit @MycenaeanGal for error documentation, there's a bug reporting thread that has a list of the known bugs, but I haven't heard of any issues with sleep-causing moves. There have been a few people who had errors with their save file after editing Pokemon, but it's also possible there's an error with sleep-causing moves. Would you able to explain what happened with Lovely Kiss? Also, I'd be willing to help fix your save file if you upload it in the save file troubleshooting thread

• Like 1

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, HmMmmm said:

where can I find a cottonee? How do I evolve it? and how far in the game will that be?

Cottonee can be encountered in the Speed Room at the Virima Hotel's EV training center. It evolves through Sun Stone like in the official games.

There's a notepad file in the game folder titled "obtainablepokemon" that lists the locations of all the Pokemon.

22 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Cottonee can be encountered in the Speed Room at the Virima Hotel's EV training center. It evolves through Sun Stone like in the official games.

There's a notepad file in the game folder titled "obtainablepokemon" that lists the locations of all the Pokemon.

i found it! just saying is it supposed to be floating so high or just a bug? does this continue with  whimsicott?

• Global Mods
41 minutes ago, HmMmmm said:

i found it! just saying is it supposed to be floating so high or just a bug? does this continue with  whimsicott?

The altitude might be a little higher than it's supposed to be. At some point (I think after I copied over the Gen 6 Pokemon sprites from Reborn) I used an option in the editor to adjust the altitude of all the Pokemon sprites, but it also does something to Flying types and floating/levitating Pokemon that I don't know remember (there was something on the Essentials wiki about it, that values might be inaccurate for Flying types and levitating Pokemon because something is set to default for all Pokemon battle sprites, I don't remember what exactly because I did this 2 years ago). 

It shouldn't continue with Whimsicott because Whimsicott doesn't float or fly.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, PedruxXx said:

Hi. I've downloaded this game last year, how can I download the new version and not lost my save file? Also, it's in episode 7, that means that I can't play the earlier episodes?

You'll still keep your save file when you download the new episode, as your save file is stored in a separate place on your PC. This applies to all fangames made with RMXP + Essentials.

Just finished the game and grabbed all the legendary pokemon(even MewTwo) , just wanted to say it was a great adventure and thanks for making it!

As for some useful feedback: Hyper potions are listed in the store as restoring 120HP but actually restore 200.

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods
10 minutes ago, BardJesus said:

Just finished the game and grabbed all the legendary pokemon(even MewTwo) , just wanted to say it was a great adventure and thanks for making it!

As for some useful feedback: Hyper potions are listed in the store as restoring 120HP but actually restore 200.

I'm glad you enjoyed the game! I'm aware of the Hyper Potion issue and it's listed in the known bugs in the bug reporting thread.

• Global Mods

For the Gym Leader plate sidequests, Dylan and Wendy are the only ones remaining. I have the start and end of their quests planned, but I need to think of more details in the middle.

Making these sidequests has been really fun, and I think each one adds more depth to the Ceolis region in some way. A few of them incorporate background details that were mentioned in the story or through NPC dialogue that went unexplored. My favorite one to make was Aurora's, which involves a snowball fight with her, Agne, the player, and Crolea. (based on text from Agne's file in the Data Vault that mentions starting and winning a snowball tournament in Norall) It got more intense than I was expecting it to. 

A6nXm7OxiaSuAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

While I'm trying to think of more details for Dylan and Wendy's quests, I'm working on other updates in the meantime too. 

There are a few scenes in the story I think need dialogue changes, sometimes just because of awkward wording (Draga saying "Thanks for the bridge!" in front of Dark Dungeon makes it sound like she's thanking you for giving her a bridge) or with the conversation between Brutus and the librarian in Virima, it felt out of place to me. Later events with Brutus show that everyone knows he's changed and has forgiven him, but the librarian was still somewhat distrustful of him. So I changed that conversation completely. 

YQw3DF3WnPlTqdKcQqO3T53u6JJqgaqAKqAKyAr8H1K7eYjxhS7dAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

And changed Peach's mention to Ivan, because it makes more sense for it to be Ivan given his and Peach's personalities and roles. 

I've also been making POC NPCs. Spork has POC characters, but not any regular NPCs since Pokemon didn't have any until Gen 5. I'm doing them for every trainer and NPC class that appears in Spork. So far I've done the police officers + guards (along with adding the female officer NPCs from Rejuv), nurses, Pokemart cashiers, a few other NPC types that don't have a trainer class in Spork, Team Portal agents, Hex Maniacs, Fishermen, and Gentlemen. 

D9FSQjvOOYAQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png

image.png.1f56582d49adce049b4ef4fed7a8004c.png

also @ BardJesus I just noticed your post at the top of this page where you asked about if you'd be able to update and keep your save file. It seems like you've already updated, but sorry about not seeing it sooner. I think the reason I didn't notice your post earlier is because the post I responded to before yours was the last one on the last page, and I might not have realized that there was another new post on a new page. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i dont know it is a bug or not but i cant use shiny stone on eevee to evolve into sylveon .

31 minutes ago, lord kelvin said:

i dont know it is a bug or not but i cant use shiny stone on eevee to evolve into sylveon .

neverminnd lol i forgot that i give my eevee an everstone

• Global Mods
31 minutes ago, lord kelvin said:

neverminnd lol i forgot that i give my eevee an everstone

Oh, ok. But for future reference if you think something could possibly be a bug, it should go in the bug reporting thread

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, lord kelvin said:

I know is stupid but i still want ask, where to get stick? can it be found while hold by wild farfetch'd?

Wild Farfetch'd hold them, and there's also Farfetch'd NPCs in the overworld in Tinder Forest who give them when spoken to. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2018 at 10:37 AM, QueenieAbsol said:

Hello! Out of curiosity, does this game offer console controller support?

Hello Absol,

It does. 

(But not with the F1 command.) 

Whether it's joystick or say, official Xbox controller..
I'd first check out Bearadactyl Prime's nicely written guide here.

It involves using the program AntiMicro, which is free, I tested on multiple platforms it works with Spork good. (and is good_)

I've took the the time and confirm that Spork does work with JoyToKey6.1 as well, but it's moreso a free trial. It's USB support. If you already had it, the same settings work and config with Pokemon Reborn. Like with any download or freeware, but be more careful on this one.

I tested with *playstation TTX usb ps3&pc controller.

If you're still interested or if anyone needs help, I can share or upload my settings here. 

between those two or any more questions regarding, likewise

• Like 2

On 9/21/2018 at 12:54 AM, Punkeev said:

I got Mochi

But that is in Pokemon Reborn. In DDLC, or Delicia's, I think I got some kind of Mochi--Neo 🍨 shiny flavored ?

Hide contents

8gUmziM.png

Late predication. You'll see in the next update. Currently, we (palletite) are working on nicknames, or first post. Check out the wikia for more funfacts. 

• Like 1

Capture.GIF.799f06954fb39384e48351d72faff691.GIF

For future questions like these I'd like to perm redirect to the official subforum first as the wiki is still in progress, but if anyone here in this thread (or outside topics) would like to forward an answer I never would mind. There's a lot location info and data but the aid hasn't reached there yet, though I'm thankful for the incoming views. 

what's the next plot point :SylveonRip:

Though I acknowledge and encourage @ anons /+ user efforts.

^^" I am sorry that it has been a week 

again if anyone has an answer would be appreciated, ty.

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Reinforcing what Steffi said, the subforum here is the quickest + most likely place to get a response to questions. Questions posted on other places might end up going unnoticed as they could be buried under all other activity or we could just never see/click on where the questions are asked. 

(also thanks to Steffi for posting that here, I've answered the question and let them know the above)

On the topic of the wiki, Steffi and me have been making a lot of progress with it recently, with guidance from apro on how to use templates and categories. 

For the game: right now I'm working on Dylan's plate sidequest, which is the last of the leader plate quests that needs to be done. There will be a notepad file on where to find these quests and what to do for them. I also finished making all the POC trainers + eventing and populating them yesterday. 

I've also edited some more story events:

-at the scene with Emily in the Tourist Info Center, there's now a story reason for the Pokedex being the way it is, since I know some people were put off or confused by the entries. The receptionist accidentally gave the player and Emily copies that were glitched by Isabelle, and they're waiting on their next shipment of Pokedexes from the Pokemon Research Institute, so they can't be replaced with an unaltered Pokedex at the moment. Emily accepts this because she prefers getting to know Pokemon through interacting with them anyway, and the player agrees. 

-when the player and Emily meet Agne at Wonky Woods, the entire conversation is different. Looking back at the dialogue for the scene, it looked like it was rushed before, plus I didn't like Emily's slight hostility towards Agne in the beginning and automatically jumping to asking her if she was with Felicia. Instead of asking if she's with her, Emily now asks if she knows her. And Agne now does know that Felicia is a magician, where before she said she didn't know anyone named Felicia. Also clarified that Agne is pronounced like the ain in rain, because in a lot of Youtube videos people have been pronouncing it "Anne" or "Annie". Sr. F is the only one I've heard pronounce Agne's name correctly. 

-the reason Pandora tells the player about the Data Vault is because she thinks since the player has had encounters with them + negative experience it's at least fair that the player knows what Team Portal is trying to do, even if the player doesn't agree. Before she mentioned at Mt. Spoon she was giving the player a chance to learn about Team Portal and possibly convince them to join, and I didn't think that made sense. It would've made a little more sense if Pandora told the player why she wanted to go to the Data Vault, but for story reasons I couldn't reveal that at that point in time. 

-added aspects to Lee and Angela's characters: Lee likes stargazing and Angela has worry stones (for herself and her Pokemon). Lee's TV interview has been edited to be about stargazing and the old interview is no longer canon

-changed the last ranger and police sidequests; the Guardian is no longer involved with them and their history with the dentist is no longer canon (the Snorlax quest is the same though)

-not done yet, but Emily will help against the BCC instead of staying back

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So, I've been exploring the Reborn forums and found this? I think I have a new game to play tonight...

So, I chose Riolu as my starter, knowing I can get a Lucario almost immediately with max happiness....

And got an Adamant shiny on my 3rd soft reset. Oh boy, I like this game immediately! 😁

• Upvote 1