Spork Episode 8: Smoothie + Delicia's Delicious Dreamland

Ice Cream Sand Witch

• Global Mods
33 minutes ago, PieBob851 said:

No idea if this is the wrong place to report bugs, but both my last Pokemon and my opponent's were defeated at the same time which causes a crash now when I try to progress.

Specifics of what happened: (Spoilers for if you are not this far in the game yet)

Reveal hidden contents

I managed to lose the battle with the Mother/Father's day Meowstic at the same time as beating them (My only pokemon im using (Celesteela starter) fainted to life orb after winning battle) which sent me to the Pokecenter. When I went to re-enter the Citadel, a cutscene played of what I think was supposed to happen as I left the area once the gym was completed, consisting of Carol speaking to Emily and Crolea about where to go next. I missed this part; but I don't think it is all that important. I then tried to go back and finish whatever was in the Citadel, but find myself needing to battle the Meowstics again. The problem is, I crash with the following error right before the battle starts:

image.png.d300a4af2ab861330fc1690e62698874.png

Attached is my game file if you want to test anything.

Game.rxdata

There's a bug reporting thread here, but since it's also an issue with your save file, the save file troubleshooting thread might also have been relevant. This sounds it could possibly be a result of losing the battle; there've been issues before where losing a battle causes events to continue as if you'd won. It took me a while to fix those and I'm not sure if I remember how. But I'll see what I can do with your save file after dinner.

As for the cutscene, Carol isn't involved in that at all if it's the one I think you're talking about; is it possible you mixed her up with someone else?

EDIT: I've got past that battle for you; here's your save file back. 

Game.rxdata

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Very Doggo said:

I just completed the main game and I am tryna shiny hunt for Yveltal, so, I had to ask if the shiny appears within the battle itself or do we have to obtain it first and then it is determined whether or not it is a shiny?

Thanks!

Whether it's shiny is determined when you obtain it. The battle with Yveltal is set up as a trainer battle against it, and trainer Pokemon are never shiny unless you specifically set them to be shiny in the trainer data. 

Additionally, by ingame logic the Yveltal you obtain is the same one you battled, but by scripting logic they're two different Yveltal, since values like nature, IVs, etc. are randomized both in the battle and when obtained, as I didn't manually set anything. 

• Global Mods

PIIIIX~ ^.^

image.png.71a06ded502f9d2129559e9e30822eef.png

image.png.fb8cd8677ac2967f2f910f2c7227a623.png

These Sylveon sprites were made for me by Ame a while ago, as a prize for winning Midsummer Queen at the Summer Social. At first I just planned to use them in Reborn, since that was their original purpose, but I thought they fit too well not to use in Spork.

The first one is neopolitan ice cream, and the second one is based off of Ceolis's sprite. The neopolitan one is going to be Spork's shiny Sylveon. The Ceolis one is programmed in as a different species, since it's not possible to have two different shinies for one Pokemon that doesn't have multiple forms (this is also why Delicia's Ampharos is mega from the beginning). 

Some things I'm currently considering/brainstorming for:

-Ceolis's entire team has already been changed, and I might change a few Pokemon on other characters' teams too. My original plan with Ceolis's team, before Gen 7 had been announced, was for him to have one Pokemon from each gen, and Gen 7 meant I couldn't do that anymore. Some of the Pokemon on his current (public release) team had still been planned from the beginning, but looking back at it now, I feel like the team doesn't really fit him. 

I also noticed an inconsistency between Spork and Delicia's Delicious Dreamland: in Delicia's Delicious Dreamland, the Guardian has a Pheromosa during the ship scene, but in Spork they don't have one. I thought I gave the Guardian both Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but it seems like I only gave them Buzzwole. 

-giving more nicknames to Pokemon used by major characters. Nicknaming isn't really a detail I gave much thought to before most of the time, but almost everyone names their pets, so I think nicknames for Pokemon would be more common than they're used in Spork and most other games. My goal is to nickname every character's Pokemon, which means Ceolis's Sylveon in the screenshot above will be nicknamed too. I'm just not sure of what Ceolis's nickname theme for his Pokemon will be yet.

On both of those notes, Agne's team + nicknames are a mix of planets and other space-related themes, but I'm thinking of making all of her team have a planetary theme, which means I'd switch the two Pokemon that currently don't. 

Once everyone's nicknamed, I'll make another post with all the nicknames + team changes for people who are interested in knowing!

-extends ribbon and Ribombee-

743Ribombee_Dream.png

(extended Ribombee also made by Ame)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

After the 13th gym we have to go up straight right?? But carol is still blocking the path what have i not done??

That was the ending point of episode 4.5. If you're still playing 4.5, then you'd need to download episode 7. A few other people have mentioned this and all of them were still on 4.5 too.

3 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

That was the ending point of episode 4.5. If you're still playing 4.5, then you'd need to download episode 7. A few other people have mentioned this and all of them were still on 4.5 too.

How to transfer my save file then I'm just a new person doing this so can u help me plz

• Global Mods
11 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

How to transfer my save file then I'm just a new person doing this so can u help me plz

You don't have to worry about transferring it anywhere, you'll still have the same save file after downloading episode 7. 

• Global Mods
41 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Thanks and one thing more is the speech of celois the post championship story??

And how to enter the gate in the sand castle??

The post-Champion story is everything after the Champion up to that point, yes. 

For the Sand Castle:

You need to have obtained Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.

• Global Mods
7 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Just one thing more

Reveal hidden contents

i can't seem to get necrozma from the right side of the mirror behind gina and i have all the four universe fragments

I forgot to mention this in the notepad file, but after getting all four of the Universe Fragments, you need to speak to the scientist in the Pokemon Research Institute and he'll merge them.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

this is out of nowhere but i had a crazy plot for a pokemon game but the problem is that i am not much of a game designer so would u just listen my story and reply me how is it???

The best place for something like this would be to make a thread in the Developing Games section.

Update(?)

Update:

@Yoru91

Missing picture was found. Thank you so much for your work ! As you may already know, it technically brought us back in a way. Also, I noticed the file date the same as my veteran.. yeah. I don't know if you heard the file saving story as well, but yes. Public for all now:

2017-09-23.png.8a96c64b13b7b5562ada51b2d413fd5b.png

More can be found in the official art thread on this subforum, as mentioned by ICSW.

Also: pix 🌮 :2:

(it's Delicia related?) inspired. :looking:

delicious.png

🎀

Even if small I hope this counted .. ah. 

I'm personally looking foward to what''s already been stated. ^^ I hope this is ok.

profile_picture_by_steffipowa-dcmsu7u.jp

- Punkeev

Edited by steffi
Clarity
  • Like 2

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, jonathannelson20 said:

i'm curious, when do you make the update for the pixie plate.

The final reupload won't be for some time. Originally I estimated somewhere between mid-August or September, but a lot's happened since then. 

For one, I underestimated how much time it would take for what I already had planned before making the first announcement about the final reupload. 

When I made the first announcement, what I had planned was this:

-fixing any reported issues that I was capable of fixing

-expansion of Ocean Coast with more sections and side content

-the player being able to join an idol group with the fruit-themed characters

-updating the BCC Building for the postgame (I never mentioned this before, but it's something I've had in mind for a while. I just thought it was weird nothing happens with the BCC after Team Portal abandons the building. the grunt/agent that stays says she wants to make a new, genuine BCC that really does want to help keep the beach clean, but nothing ever came out of that)

and since then, new plans and developments have come up:

-the idol event in the postgame is pretty much its own story arc now (thanks again to Palletite for the player characters' idol costume sprites!)

-Enigma has offered to revamp Spork's maps (and thanks again to Enigma for offering to improve the maps!)

-every character's Pokemon are going to have nicknames, and there will be some team changes (currently working on this)

-a few other small events and updates

Even if I was confident in the August-September estimation at first, in hindsight I don't think I should've given an estimated timeframe. This is going to be the final reupload, so I'd like it to be as polished as possible, and giving anyone expectations about when it might be finished might cause me to sacrifice quality for speed in order to reach a self-imposed deadline. I don't want anyone else to feel pressured either.

There's also been days where I didn't physically work on the game and just did brainstorming. 

I think I had more to type and forgot some of what I was going to say. But after typing all this, it occurred to me that I can just add a Pixie Plate to your bag if you send me your save file. 

• Like 1