Information on Reborn's roots in the Reborn League?

Tartar

I've heard a lot about how Reborn has all its characters based on real life people from the Reborn League many years ago, and this really fascinates me. Is there a place where the "events" that transpired during the league are catalogued and where you can read about them?

And also, how many of the original members of the league are actually still active members on Reborn?

As far as we're aware, none of the leaders are active on the site any more, no.

Not every character in the game was inspired by a real person. Many/most of them are, but notably, the Meteors aren't (with the exception of Lin, who was a Dragon type leader in the league's first season), and I'd reckon many of the more minor characters aren't, either. (Like, for example, the Magma/Aqua gangs.)

You could technically poke around the forums a bit to gather information from old threads that are still around, and the battle logs from the league are still intact as well. You can also freely ask any of the old members that are still around, and see if they feel like answering certain questions for you.

On occasion I've seen the ancient folks here tell a story or two about the league days, so who knows, you might be able to get some answers if you ask the right questions.

(Though as the link to the battle logs is no longer in any of the navigations, I'm not sure if it's ok to link to them? They're still there, but if I gotta be honest I'm never sure how much of the stuff that we can technically access is stuff that the devs want us to share with each other.)

Nah, most of he stuff went down on our Pokemon Online server. Much of it is lost to history. If you wanna ask about stuff, I'm sure myself and the few other ancient folks that remember/care could answer stuff when we can.

On occasion I've seen the ancient folks here tell a story or two about the league days, so who knows, you might be able to get some answers if you ask the right questions.

The days of PO weren't that long ago, were they? Ancient, a bit much. But yes, it's definitely been a while. The events that transpired are obviously not exactly as they were in game, but are accurate in some ways. Amaria did suffer amnesia but she didn't lose her memory by jumping off a waterfall as far as I can remember. But yes, if you dig deep enough or talk to some of the older members of the community, they could give you more accurate answers.

The days of PO weren't that long ago, were they? Ancient, a bit much. But yes, it's definitely been a while. The events that transpired are obviously not exactly as they were in game, but are accurate in some ways. Amaria did suffer amnesia but she didn't lose her memory by jumping off a waterfall as far as I can remember. But yes, if you dig deep enough or talk to some of the older members of the community, they could give you more accurate answers.

She lost her memory after a car accident

I dont know... I mean I would consider myself pretty ancient here almost everyone before PO is gone.

I've heard a lot about how Reborn has all its characters based on real life people from the Reborn League many years ago, and this really fascinates me. Is there a place where the "events" that transpired during the league are catalogued and where you can read about them?

And also, how many of the original members of the league are actually still active members on Reborn?

A1: You would probably just have to dig the forums and ask people about old league stuff.
A2: Hard to say

Looking at that s1 page, ever notice how most of the leaders got all emo and sad? They started off smiling then ended up sad or mean.

I asked about this before as well. Supposedly Fern was kind of a scrub, and would do things like disconnect mid match purposely and such, though he got better later on. Heather's dad really did commit suicide, and she became very withdrawn afterwards. Sigmund, somewhat disturbingly, did try out ECT on kids at his orphanage, supposedly he got caught by the police eventually. That one was so bizarre that it almost seemed like an RP, especially the way sapphira posted about it, but Reborn frankly had(and still has) people with a lot of issues.

Also elias signed up for the league to get in touch with luna, his daughter. I'm not sure if luna really ran away but I know the elias/luna thing has some real basis.

Kiki died IRL do to some disease she had. Either that or she got so sick she couldn't participate anymore.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Global Mods

Looking at that s1 page, ever notice how most of the leaders got all emo and sad? They started off smiling then ended up sad or mean.

One thing I noticed about Titania is that her attitude and outfit started off all flashy with the metal plating and "u can't beet steel!!!" and then over time her attitude wilted and her clothing got more casual.

Wait wait wait. So Sigmund was based on an actual dude... who worked at/ran an orphanage and actually used ECT on the kids? And if this is based on real life, does that mean Saphira, Charlotte, and Laura were actually orphans and were for a time were mulling around with their 'caretaker' in the league?

It's a little hard to believe and a little disturbing how much I'm learning about Reborn's real origins...

• Global Mods

Wait wait wait. So Sigmund was based on an actual dude... who worked at/ran an orphanage and actually used ECT on the kids? And if this is based on real life, does that mean Saphira, Charlotte, and Laura were actually orphans and were for a time were mulling around with their 'caretaker' in the league?

It's a little hard to believe and a little disturbing how much I'm learning about Reborn's real origins...

Yes. According to the interview with Sigmund, normally his patients aren't allowed internet access but he let Charlotte, Noel, and Anna on as a privilege under the condition he keeps watch over them also as a leader in the league. I think Laura and Saphira might have been adults by that time, but I'm not sure.

In a 2014 thread Ame said Sigmund had his psychology license suspended and was fighting a legal battle. I wonder what became of that.

Shhhhh, people like Ika, Ice or Swims are ancient to me. I'll call anyone who's been here for years ancient. Consider it my newbie privilege :')

But they really are ancient as far as reborn goes. except maybe swims. I forget how early he came into the picture, but certainly not as early as the other two. But they were all pretty involved in the league, where I was not. So don't go bugging me.

The Sigmund story is kind of amazing, and also incredibly horrifying. It's kind of incredible that the Reborn League attracted such a bunch of (pardon my words) misfits in one place, hopefully they're all doing well (or at least better now)

On a sidenote, what's the story behind Gossip Gardevoir and Randomus?

Bennet is the one that I kind of want to know more about. Did he have an E-thing for luna?

i don't believe so, although he was dating laura up until the league disbanded

also i miss char denying my professions of love to her feelsbadman

Sigmund, somewhat disturbingly, did try out ECT on kids at his orphanage, supposedly he got caught by the police eventually. That one was so bizarre that it almost seemed like an RP, especially the way sapphira posted about it, but Reborn frankly had(and still has) people with a lot of issues.

Also elias signed up for the league to get in touch with luna, his daughter. I'm not sure if luna really ran away but I know the elias/luna thing has some real basis.

Huh, I'd never guess Sigmund was based off a real person. Now that I know this, I guess it makes somewhat sense. Also, that's an interesting and disturbing story.

It's cool that the whole Luna is Elias daughter is real as well.

I'm pretty sure I read something that said that Luna ran away, and they were trying to find her? I think Gossip Gardevoir might've ran after her too but it's been a while so ye

There was a custody battle between Radomus, Serra, and El over Luna but that's all I've really read into it.

All this really is quite unbelievable. One single Pokémon battling community attracting all kinds of criminals, runaways and people who are related to eachother. It actually sounds very hard to believe, that for example a real person who uses ECT on orphans / patients in his custody / care, would let these said people on the internet on the same playground as him and risk being found out. And he was even an electric trainer to begin with, how convenient is that? Did he, like, become crazy about Pokémon battling and roleplaying and couldn't distinguish real world from a game?

Or the whole thing about three different leaders having a custody battle concerning a fourth leader? So a whole family being a part of this whole league thing? How could "Elias" even find out his born daughter is hiding in a community like this, and, of all possible ways of acting in a situation like that, decides to join the same community to stalk her?

Ehhhhhhhh... my head is spinning. These subjects are so mysterious and little talked about too, that it would to me seem that all this is a way to build the atmosphere around here to be this mystifying.

Well, what do I know. All of it just seems so extraordinary, yet most of the people who seem know something about these subjects talk about them very seriously and seem truthful.

Edited by Chilibunny