What Pokémon would you wish never existed?

Ironbound

So, we've all wished at some point or other, "By the powers above, I wish that so-and-so Pokémon was never made!" I ask of you now which Pokémon would you wish out of existence.

Note that this needn't necessarily be your least favourite Pokémon from a design or competitive perspective; it may be any Pokémon for any reason. But do list the reason why you don't want that Pokémon to have existed.

As far as I am concerned, I could list a number of Pokémon which I find hideous or so utterly terrible that they are either poisonous to a competitive scene or are relegated to the bottom of the barrel (Looks at Volcanion and Meganium...) or are simply uninspired and overdone as a thing (Looks at all the useless electric rodent Pika-clones...)

But the number one Pokémon I never wanted to even exist?

WI0G1HU.jpg

Friggin Wormadamn. Not worth a damn, too.

Ugly, lame gimmick, useless and outclassed by every other Steel and by many a Bug type, terrible in every competitive way, and above all, a disgraceful slur on the otherwise noble Steel type. It even affronts me further by having the indescribable gall to insult the Steel type even further, by being only 1/3 Steel by technicality! Forretress makes a much better Bagworm; burmy could have just become a plain old Mothim and be done with it.

Misery loves company, so go on, and appease my foul mood by telling me what you wished never existed and why.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My honest answer is none. There are some pokemon that I like less than others, but every single pokemon contributes something and is liked by someone.

There are pokemon that I like that many people want to get rid of (dedenne, garbodor, vanilluxe and so on), and I'm sure the same would apply to those that I like less.

My least favourite is probably LickiLicki, but I wouldn't want to deny its existence based on personal preference.

When I played pokemon emerald, I used to hate Zubat and Tentacool because they where everywhere. In any cave, every two steps a wild Zubat would appear to annoy you. Same for Tentacools when surfing.

This little fella

shedinja.jpg

Wonder Guard could disappear for all I care.

Good luck getting rid of something you can hardly damage.

I dislike many pokemon for one reason or another. Reasons like:

• Playstyle: I love umbreon, but completely despise the way it works in terms of playstyle. I love gliscor, yet it specializes in that kind of stall that is of the worst kind: hardly counterable. Mega slowbro with calm mind and slack off, mega sableye with w-o-w and calm mind..... all these things play disgustingly, but are all around cool looking mons.
  • Design: mons like Aromatisse, Wormadam or Hippopotas, but they have a potential I can see and find interesting. Hippopotas evolves into Hippowdon after all, which is a cool ground type. Aromatisse could enjoy a cool mega if Gamefreak had any heart, and same applies to Wormadam. Jynx and Mr Mime are so disliked by players is not even funny.
  • Wasted potential: Bayleef is among my fav 2nd stage starters, and I was thrilled about meganium but it never plaid well for me in game. Unown is supposed to be this super cool parallel force of nature when they come together, bun in reality it is as weak as non-imposter ditto and only learns hidden power. Alomomola STILL doesn't evolve from luvdisc. Entei's attack is lower than flareon's. All tiny little details that never really made sense for me personally, and that I can't help but to see as wasted opportunities.

Despite that, all the pokémon I just listed might (and surely are) someone else's favorite, somewhere. If it was in my power to erase someone else's fav pokemon just because I dislike it, I would have a hard time doing so, because the same way others could say Gourgeist is garbage and needs to go, and I would kindly but firmly disagree.

I myself have made some fakemon that I consider cool yet others can't really stand the sights of them. Who am I to say "this other mon is shit it needs to go" then?

I think is not as much about wishing for things to get banned from existance as much as I would preffer to revamp them. Like, give unown an evolution, or better stats, or actual moves. Improve wormadam's stats, or give it better abilities. Mega evolve aromatisse. I would have made primals a little less broken, I would have made mega rayquaza not mega but a primal, I would have kept hoopa unbond a ghost/psychic type, I would raise the stats of Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Liepard, Pangoro, Malamar, Persian, ..... so many things I would do, but wishing mons to never exist is not really one of them, at least for me.

I don't really want to get rid of any Pokémon; there isn't one I really hate. I like that there are weaker Pokémon and stronger Pokémon, and that some are weirder than others, and some have useless gimmicks. It's a little flavour to the game, to me.

I dislike some Pokemon, including Wormadam and the Simians, but there is no Pokemon that I would wish out of existence.

One of the best things about Pokemon is that it represents a world, and there are bound to be things that are disliked. This is an integral part of building a (somewhat) realistic world. I think that a Pokemon game would less entertaining if everything creature was designed for beauty or competitive play.

Edited by Strider

3/4th of all the fakemon in order and chaos

but if I were to list the number one mon I want to gtfo then that would be

224.png

fuck you. you have no right to learn moves like charge beam or bullet seed, you have no right to evolve out of a fuckin fish, AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SLAUGHTER MY MONS IN LOCKES.

BURN IN HELL, OCTILLERY.

Primal Groudon.

Not regular groudon, mind you, I love regular Groudon, mascot of the first game in the series that I played and the first legend I ever caught as a kid. No, I just want the primal form gone (And you could take away Kyogre's primal too, for all I care). I think it goes without saying how utterly fucking broken this thing is, even in ubers- I mean, come on... when something is so over the top that upon being introduced, it straight up re-centralizes even the highest ban-level tier around itself, I think we have a very obvious issue in balance. Like literally, the only thing that can reliably check it without taking a lot of risk with being KOed is it's counterpart P-Kyogre... and even then, it's a fucking game of musical chairs to try to invalidate the other sides weather.

So yeah, Primal Groudon...let's not meet.

Combee. If Wormadam was bad... well... yeah. Having only 12.5% of them actually be (debatably) usable is worse. And those are only usable because they evolve; the other 87.5%, to which are refer, are at the end of their evolutionary line. An astounding 7 moves to choose from, with none of them useful due to having literally no stats. Sweet Scent is the only notable move it gets, and only in-game.

AKA, wishing the evolve-gender-lock out of the way

Edited by Cobalt996

I don't really wish that any of them didn't exist at all, but I always pitied Unown pretty hard.

I really do like the concept of them, but unless you're playing Reborn and looking for a quick way to get Exp, they're... pretty useless.

I honestly don't know why GF bothers to make a Pokémon that only learns one move that has no notable effect to speak of and cannot evolve or change forms.

With Pokémon like Magikarp and Feebas we can excuse how awful they are to use, because they evolve into something awesome. And 'mons like Ditto and Smeargle at least do something with their moves.

Unown does nothing. It's stuck with a single move, so what do you do? Carry it around 24/7 and hope that you eventually get to let it fight 'mons that are weak to it's HP?

I don't wish it wouldn't exist, but I wish it wasn't made to suck so hard.

Unown - I never really consider this as a Pokemon. How I wish they didn't come alive and just stay as writings on the wall instead of being such waste of space in the Pokemon list.

Patrat evolution line - it's their eyes that bothers me, couldn't the creators make their eyes normal instead of like they're on acid or something.

I think it's been stated above. Although there are some Pokemon I cannot stand I still don't think that should be enough of a reason to deny their existence. Even with that though I really wish unown wasnt a Pokemon. I don't hate it or anything but it hardly has any value.

I really despise Pelipper, the Protect-spamming piece of sh-
It really soured surfing around in gen III, constantly needing to surf back to a pokécenter because it drained my PP with that annoying move it refused to stop using. And almost everyone had one or two of the f-.
It was rather cool in spin-off games, so I don't want it to take a nuke to the face anymore.
Unown just desperately needs an ability to make use of its gimmick. Maybe "fusing" (like with the DNA Splicers) coud help it? Their non-stone-dropping counterparts in Aegis cave were really annoying, though.

But if I really wanted a pokemon gone, it's Plusle/Minun, simply because they are so forgettable in use and concept.

Magnezone, Bidoof/Bibarel, Ampharaos and Jumpluff have stupid design with shitty potential as it's role is niche at best. They should be in NU because i'll Never Use them. Just how did you fuck up Game freak like mega Rayquaza farfetch'd the meta away. Go back to gen 1 where none of the pokemon existed and the meta was balanced again. Make pokemon great again.

Kidding. I want to joke around some people thatmaygetrevengeonmeoneday. But i'm perpared of thator not.

My real opinion is that all pokemon have a purpose and is good on something everything, I don't wish any of the pokemon gone.

Through it's something i don't like and that is pokemon that doesn't have an evolution and it's sucks. Game freak could really fix them up in next generation like on some pokemon they with base stats, evolution, items, mega stone etc.

But that would rarely happened through. It have, but not so much in my opinion.

Magnezone, Bidoof/Bibarel, Ampharaos and Jumpluff have stupid design with shitty potential as it's role is niche at best. They should be in NU because i'll Never Use them. Just how did you fuck up Game freak like mega Rayquaza farfetch'd the meta away. Go back to gen 1 where none of the pokemon existed and the meta was balanced again. Make pokemon great again.

Kidding. I want to joke around some people thatmaygetrevengeonmeoneday. But i'm perpared of thator not.

My real opinion is that all pokemon have a purpose and is good on something everything, I don't wish any of the pokemon gone.

Through it's something i don't like and that is pokemon that doesn't have an evolution and it's sucks. Game freak could really fix them up in next generation like on some pokemon they with base stats, evolution, items, mega stone etc.

But that would rarely happened through. It have, but not so much in my opinion.

[15:17:46] God Вibаrel: 'Magnezone, Bidoof/Bibarel, Ampharaos and Jumpluff have stupid design with shitty potential as it's role is niche at best.'
[15:17:54] God Вibаrel: im going to kick shings ass
[15:17:58] +RBRN Azery: by the lord
[15:17:59] +RBRN Azery: get viri
[15:18:07] +RBRN Azery: it's time hunt shing down
[15:18:10] +RBRN Azery: get zumi too
we are coming for you son

Sawk and Throh

These two creep me out. I am so sick and tired of people complaining about Mr. Mime and Jynx being too human-like. These two look even more human than Mr. Mime and Jynx. They are not even attempt at being Pokémon, because they both look like a blue and a red guy dressed up.

Also Arceus. Screw Arceus: we never needed any "god" Pokémon or anything like that. Get the hell out.

Edited by Lilleen