Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Does anyone know what time the demo will be up. I know they said "late morning" for Europe, but does that mean it will be midnight in the US, and they are going for a worldwide release?

It seems to be aiming towards a world wide release atm. Which if that's the case, it will be live everywhere at 12pm EST as that's when the Eshop updates in the states. Don't know the other times for different timezones off the top of my head though.

• Developers

since the demo has you starting out with greninja I'm guessing they have probably made this a separate game to prevent the possibility of data miners. It's likely the demo will be restricted to the pokemon revealed so even if someone were to mine for data the only pokemon in data are ones they've selected for the demo. if you have wild encounters. Final fantasy 15 did something similar with their demo.

• Global Mods

since the demo has you starting out with greninja I'm guessing they have probably made this a separate game to prevent the possibility of data miners.

The ORAS demo's content wasn't part of the actual game either, but people still were able to datamine it.

Just looking at it makes me think it's fake. But hey, you never know, there were Pokemon we all thought were fake but turned out to be real. Is that for a Sun and Moon box?

EDIT: I take it all back, it indeed does look like it's a new Pokemon. Saw the page, too.

Just looking at it makes me think it's fake. But hey, you never know, there were Pokemon we all thought were fake but turned out to be real. Is that for a Sun and Moon box?

Yes, it can be found on Amazon (it is a Sun/Moon Booster Box). Going off of what we know...

It could be a Wimpod evolution...

• Developers

I saw a video by Shofu mention this and I agree this looks like a alternate evolution to bounsweet but more along the lines of the nidoran line bounsweet having one evolution being a queen and the other a king. This would also make since one of the key elements of these games is variants of pokemon so this would be a king maybe grass/water but I'm 110 percent confident that this gives off a male tsareena vibe.

Idk, I read that thing and it doesn't 100% mean he's confirmed that its them. He recognized what they're supposed to be but doesn't actually say that those are the correct designs. All he really says for sure is that the company hasn't released the final evolution designs yet. It's a stretch to say he confirmed anything.

Okay I've been playing the demo a bit and here are my thoughts so far (putting in spoiler tag in case you don't wanna read them).

The first bit of it is odd. There are some cheesy cutscenes where you get your greninja and get a tour of the pokemon center.

The marts are still in the centers and there is also a cafe of some sort.

Ash-Greninja has a physical moveset... why?

You do a trial where you take pictures of then battle the pokemon, which is pretty easy and fun enough.

The team skull battles are pretty easy, but their facial expressions are hilarious.

Z pika that you get for a while is cool.

I'm 99% sure HMs are being removed because you smash rocks with the tauros you ride (which can be called anywhere at any time). When you aren't on a tauros it displays rock smash text.

You get to catch pokemon after you finish the first bit in a pokemon catching contest thing. All I've found are Pikkipeks, Rockruffs and yungooses.

Overall the game is visually great at the moment and while it lacks gameplay depth that's to be expected in a demo.

I might post some more stuff as I keep playing

Okay I've been playing the demo a bit and here are my thoughts so far (putting in spoiler tag in case you don't wanna read them).

The first bit of it is odd. There are some cheesy cutscenes where you get your greninja and get a tour of the pokemon center.

The marts are still in the centers and there is also a cafe of some sort.

You do a trial where you take pictures of then battle the pokemon, which is pretty easy and fun enough.

The team skull battles are pretty easy, but their facial expressions are hilarious.

Z pika that you get for a while is cool.

I'm 99% sure HMs are being removed because you smash rocks with the tauros you ride (which can be called anywhere at any time). When you aren't on a tauros it displays rock smash text.

You get to catch pokemon after you finish the first bit in a pokemon catching contest thing. All I've found are Pikkipeks, Rockruffs and yungooses.

Overall the game is visually great at the moment and while it lacks gameplay depth that's to be expected in a demo.

I might post some more stuff as I keep playing

evolve them, you gotta