Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Probably to build suspense, perhaps. Wants to get the crowd hyped up. That, or I suppose the leaker was really tired after a long day and wanted to sleep. Or maybe, just maybe, they're working with Nintendo as it was speculated before? The world may never know.

Well if we go off of Grimer and Muk being based on water pollution, then it's quite simple. Different treatments of the water in Alola would result in different water conditions, and, in extension, different pollution and different Grimers and Muks. Frankly, it's more of a wonder that the water pollution in the other regions all appears to be the same level. I'm sorry, but I do refuse to believe that Kalos and Unova produce the same amount of water pollution as Hoenn. It just doesn't make sense that it wouldn't have adapted before now. But whatevs.

Also, Type: Null seems to be copying Arceus with its evolved ability (which is likely what the creators of Type: Null were going for, so good for them). It looks like it will be an interesting one.

I was honestly hoping for a pure version of Grimer, such as a Ground type Grimer family. However, it DOES kinda give credibility to the leaker who speculated about an Alolan Grimer, just a completely different typing.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that Type: Null was an attempt to create a pokemon as powerful as or capable of dealing with Arceus. It's page on the sun and moon website even says that "there was need for a pokemon capable of rivaling those spoken of in myths"

Did someone say Fighting type Jangmo-o evolution?

...because that would be awesome. Dragon-Fighting needs to happen (even if Fairies scoff at the idea).

---

Yeah, Nick....split evolutions tend to be what the community is going for as opposed to being against. That's quite the unpopular opinion. Mike beat me to the snarkfest.

---

Grimer is an odd candidate for an Alolan evolution....and seeing as in the current meta Muk runs like....Shadow Sneak, Poison-Ghost (ectoplasm) Grimer would have been TIIIIIIGHT and still would have countered Psychic types like the Dark typing does. At least it's just outright immune I guess.

Not gonna lie, the new Pokemon Center looks like a pretty dope coffee shop. I mean, it practically IS a coffee shop. LOOK ON THE LEFT! The PC looks pretty cool too, as it's not just a giant computer. I DO wonder where we find the place to change clothes, though... They cannot seriously be allowing us to just change clothes on the spot like we're Link or the Dragonborn or something. Hell, even the VILLAGER changes clothes out in the open in Animal Crossing! That's like May or other characters just randomly changing out in the open in the anime! Seriously Nintendo, what is your deal, letting children just see other children changing clothes like that?

I'm hoping we see Type: Null get another evolution after its middle evolution because I could definitely see it now being THE Pseudo-legendary of ALL pseudos. Especially with that OP ability, and even its design. Like, this thing could truly become a Pokemon that could rival Arceus' power, and that is something scary to think about.

Then again, a Rattata or even a Magikarp could knock out Arceus, so meh.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Nick....split evolutions tend to be what the community is going for as opposed to being against. That's quite the unpopular opinion. Mike beat me to the snarkfest.

It just seems off to me to depend that much in trading pokemon, when people are asking for less exclusives so they'd get the full 'pokemon gathering experience'. It is the first time since Hoehn that I am seriously considering to buy a pokemon game, so perhaps I am a bit picky on what features I'll enjoy having.

the alolan grimer typing was a typing i would definitely give mega muk(if it existed).but i was expecting something else,perhaps the origin of grimer and koffing that existed in a world without pollution with grimer being ground and koffing being fire.i am a little dissapointed to say the truth.

however,on the other hand poison+dark is one of the best type combos in the game so i am waiting for something good

corocoro11162.jpgcorocoro11163.jpgcorocoro11165.jpg

Can I just say Type: Null's evolution looks absolutely amazing. According to Serebii, "When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. It has a special item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item"

Jangmo-o is confirmed to evolve into a Dragon/Fighting Type, making it the first of that type. I like its middle evolution, but I'll have to see how it's final stage looks in-game

I think the screenshot of Alolan Grimer in-game actually makes it look better than how we see it in the artwork

Finally, we have artwork of Ilima and confirmation that she is the first trial captain that we face.

We can probably expect the English version of this news Friday when the next trailer drops

Edited by Lucky1998

I honestly wasn't expecting Type: Null's evolution to be so... unlike Arceus. It loses its Arceus-like helmet, and becomes a silver chimera being, Silvadi. Kinda almost want to name it Silver now when I get it... But its ability looks cool as hell, and so does its item.

But HOLY SHIT, Jangmo-o's evolutions look so MAJESTIC AS FUCK. ESPECIALLY JARARANGA. If this or Type: Null isn't the pseudo-legendary family, then I have NO idea what is, because DAAAAAMN, these look majestic as hell!

...Actually, I take it back, Silvadi still bears that resemblance to Arceus, in a way.

What I don't get from Silvadi is the name. A lot of names have some reference to the properties of the become itself, like chandelure or psyduck but I can't find it for Silvadi. Janmo-o is an interesting evolution, I don't like it but I do see the appeal in it. Very majestic. Probably the only dragon as of now with some reference to gold.

• Global Mods

I always assumed Type: Null would be a standalone. It just seemed like one based on its appearance and lore. So I already went ahead and prepared Type: Null puns some time ago. I guess I'll just have to do Silvadi instead. Its facial features and structure kind of reminds me of Dialga + Palkia. I wonder if AR stands for Action Replay :P

Jararanga looks pretty cool. I always wondered what they could do with a Dragon/Fighting design.

It's hard to gauge what Ilmia's type is, but I could see her using Normal.

I'm indifferent about Alolan Grimer, but I'm curious to hear the reason for its transformation.