Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Morelull is based off a mushroom called the morel mushroom! I always thought its name was just More + Lull, but then I saw this picture and googled "morel mushroom" and it's indeed a type of mushroom.

14217991_330102740671494_1996510601_n.jp

We don't have Mushroom for puns like that around here.

iirc the team that works on the anime isn't the same as the team that works on the games, even if they are in the same company.

There should be some co-operation between them, at least after the first installment of the games (remember how Koffing and Shelder originally looked?). It is common for them to present features not yet included in the game, like Gen2 pokemon in Kanto (Ho-Oh, Maril, Togepi, Snubull), or the Z-moves.

Anyway, when do we expect news for S&M?

• Global Mods

I don't know if anyone's seen this, but it's been 100% confirmed that there are no gyms in SM. The file select screen doesn't have "Badges" listed.

I guess there's no equivalent to badges with the trials either, and they just pass the word along to the other captains and kahunas when you clear an island?

I just want to see the 1st stages of the starters! If I see a bipedal fire starter it will pretty much confirm the chinese leaks completely (meaning that I will choose that gorgeous Poplio's siren evo <3).

Also I want to see that freaking dolphin the leaks mentioned, as well as some new moves (pls give a good special rock move...)

I honestly thought that there was a new type for a second. Then it said it's a normal type and I realized that Type Null is the pokemon's name
I have a feeling that Jangmo-o might be the pseudo. It gets bulletproof which is cool
Alolan Raticate... lmao
The time difference between the games is really cool. They said that Sun will follow your 3ds time while Moon will be 12 hours ahead
I don't really know what to think of the Aether Foundation. They have interesting designs. The same can be said about the Team Skull admin
Sina and Dexio are in the game it would seem, and are have you collect Zygarde cells. You will probably have to collect all of them in order to encounter/capture Zygarde
Pokemon Snap Confirmed
Ultra Beasts. So are these even pokemon? Will you fight them? (I'm pretty sure UB-01 is Lillie)
Also one of the Japanese trailers revealed Cutiefly's evolution

What I think about this trailer :

-Type : Null (Sure, it's definitely not artificial) gave me the impression of a tank. I think he is OK, but it could be less... Chimerical and more like "A new being". Do you also think it bears a ressemblance to an Absol?

-The little dragon is cute! And I also feel like he could become a Badass Dragon-Juggernaught with evolution.

-Alolan Raticate is too fat! I would have prefered a "Mafia Continuity" which made him looks like a Don. At least, it's perfectly accurate from "Rat Society".

-Aether Foundation. They seem nice. And I insist on the "Seem"! I bet a coin on them being the TRUE villans of the games, and Team Skull like Modern Robin Hood who know the true face of Aether instead.

-Ultra-Beasts, heh? They didn't even said it's a kind of Pokemon. With UB-01 resembling the Professor's aide, I put a coin on them being Pokemon-Human hybrids. Or Human with Pokemon DNA, if you want.

-Conclusion : Nonetheless, I think Nintendo gives us the elements to expect a nice scenario and a possible new kind of outcome ! Since I highly play Pokemon for the story, these versions starts to catch my attention!

Edited by Shinyrio

• Global Mods

This is a lot of info. I thought there'd only be 2 or 3 things like in the Direct.

At first I thought Type: Null was like the ??? type that Curse used to be. Considering it's supposed to rival the strength of Pokemon from mythology, I wonder if it's a legendary?

I'm guessing Jangmo-o is Gen 7's pseudo legendary.

Alolan Raticate has chubby cheeks.

The Aether Foundation is pretty interesting. I'm guessing the Aether Paradise is where Magearna was created.

The selling Slowpoke is like Team Rocket with the Slowpoketails in Johto, except without the tails. I hope Team Skull isn't just a Team Rocket clone.

Gladion wasn't introduced as "Team Skull Admin" in battle like Plumeria was, so I guess Enforcer is either above or below admin. I didn't think there'd be any more notable people in Team Skull besides Guzma and Plumeria.

Sina and Dexio look stylish.

Ultra Beasts are a neat concept. I wonder if we'll get to battle them? I don't think we've ever battled a non-Pokemon being before, so that would be cool.

Japanese trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1ssSZfoGY

From both trailers we have:
We see a normal Dragonite so that means no Alola form :(
Gladion uses a lvl 38 Type: Null that know a slashing move (Slash probably).
Dexio's shirt has an Alolan Exeggutor lol.
Sandygast is bulky as hell! It takes 1/3 from tirtouga's Aqua Jet. It also can learn a Grass draining move (Mega or Giga Drain probably). Also Palossand was shown to use Sand Tomb or something similar.
Turtonator has around 70 base HP and at least 132 base defense! Always assuming that all IVs and EVs are 0. That Granbull did only 13 damage with Ice Fang!
Crabrawler can learn Dizzy Punch. Also Hala uses one.
UB-01 looks like it comes out of a portal! The characters all look astonished :o
Last, PokeInstagram has been confirmed :P

Edit: Magikarp submarine! Team Rocket confirmed :Phttp://prntscr.com/ceulbs
http://prntscr.com/ceumik Various shops have been seen. The shop with the sissors is probably for Furfour, so maaaaaybe we'll get new forms... Also that poor Delibird looks lost :(
Can someone tell me what pokemon is that on the poster? I can clearly tell the Luvdisc but is that in the middle an Alomomola or maybe a Luvdisc evo? http://prntscr.com/ceup3u

Edited by pyrromanis

Ultra Beasts are a neat concept. I wonder if we'll get to battle them? I don't think we've ever battled a non-Pokemon being before, so that would be cool.

You have fought stage props before in the movie studios in gen 5.

My thoughts about the trailer:

I must say I like type: null, the naming hints more towards a computer related thing since null is a term more reserved for computer science. So It might be a computer pkmn like porygon.

I must say Iike the tri attack animation.

raticate seems more like a hamster to me then a rat.

I'm not a fan of the time shift thing but I will probably reset my ds time when playing.

Aether foundation seems they are either too cliché or obvious villains. I don't think either one is good.

Zygarde gathering seems like an interesting thing but at the same time I hope it is not locked behind some event related stuff.

UB-01 is a silly name but they can be the pulses of pkmn sun and moon.