Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

So, I just checked something out, and so far there are 43 original characters in my game so far. Well 43 that have artwork, but there are actually 51 original characters in the entire game. That's 51 characters that are involved in the story and aren't NPC's that are copy/paste Trainers to fight. That's a lot of characters, and most JRPG's generally have about 30-50 on average. That's not counting generics. These are all one of a kind characters. As for NPC Trainers, well... who cares? I don't XD

However, I am going to be livestreaming in about 2 hours, so for those interested, feel free to hop in early:

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Approximately how long will we have to wait for the game to be released? I'm Looking forward to it.

Didn't you ask this before, a long time ago? I might be thinking of someone else with a Darkrai avatar. My answer is whenever it's released. I don't hold myself to a schedule, especially since I started working a full-time job at my University. I work on my game, whenever I have time and I'm not exhausted after work. At the moment I'm working on my game, but I'm finishing up some small touches before I let a few, select people, to play my game and test it.

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Approximately how long will we have to wait for the game to be released? I'm Looking forward to it.

Since he's releasing a full game and not a beta, it will take loads of time , I guess

10 hours ago, Dylanrockin said:

Didn't you ask this before, a long time ago? I might be thinking of someone else with a Darkrai avatar. My answer is whenever it's released. I don't hold myself to a schedule, especially since I started working a full-time job at my University. I work on my game, whenever I have time and I'm not exhausted after work. At the moment I'm working on my game, but I'm finishing up some small touches before I let a few, select people, to play my game and test it.

'Twas definitely someone else

I think that question is always gonna seldom come up again when people stumble upon the topic and dont feel like reading 41 pages o/

On 6/8/2017 at 6:07 AM, Masquerain said:

'Twas definitely someone else

I think that question is always gonna seldom come up again when people stumble upon the topic and dont feel like reading 41 pages o/

The thing is... the first page literally has a Q&A that says there won't be any beta for regular readers.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:17 AM, Yagami said:

Every time I see this game, I am amazed.Hopefully I can play this game when it is completed.

I try to keep production levels high, which is something you won't see in most fan-games, and is the main reason why my game probably won't be out for a good while.

Also, I believe I've done a good, in that I've finally finished 4 maps in 1 stream! The first 2 maps are part of Renma - East 23rd District and I'm sure you're thinking "why is it called that if it's not a town?" many reasons, actually, such as this is supposed to be a new expansion project that was set across 8 years to create a new district for Renma (the capital of the Northern Continent). The head of that project was Vaan Cresthart's mother: Reina Cresthart, who lived on the outskirts of Renma in East 23rd District. The first map is referred to as "Gate to The 23rd". Obviously since Reina passed away a long time ago the project was scrapped and was left as is. So, now this mountainous part of the Northern Continent keeps its original name: East 23rd District in honor of the original project. Also, if you progress further to the north of this area you will come across Vaan's old house, which is a completely optional area and only serves as extra character development for Vice.

As for the last few maps, these are part of the Renma Hills: Arch Cave. In this map, once Krista gains access to her powers to call Pokemon to aide her and be able to cross water and fly you will be able to go further through the cave to the final area where you will be able to fight the phantom Garchomp for the 3rd and final time. If you leave the area and come back, after defeating the phantom Garchomp from the Next Dimension, Terrakion will occupy this cave and you will be able to capture it if you desire. The Phantom Garchomp will be in its final form, which is its Mega Form and is level 85. MUCH higher level than it's previous 2 fights that you had with it. It also has a one-hit kill attack called Death Spiral that it can use after its countdown hits 0. Before that countdown hits 0 you can use protect, detect, etc in order to avoid taking damage, or even throwing out a Pokemon with Sturdy.

243f3099d1ca4fe43f80c1128cbab40e.png

d44299c30aa742e0fe1446305f050b8c.png

c71ca793620b21c8e38440cb185db5d4.png

dbb6a96a15db9c178088263087be9d12.png

dd7542e97909c04c8beb8a84de89ccba.png

• Upvote 2

Well the first page's Q&A mentions no beta but doesn't really mention  much about game release, so the "stop asking about when game will be releases" part isn't that clear, especially given that there is a bit that says something about expecting it to take at least another year or so (and since the post is written in 2015 it ain't that weird for someone to ask)

Nice caves tho....I hate caves in pokeman games but still

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a few weeks. I'm alive, disowned by my own father, kicked out of my own house, and living far away from them. Still have everything that I worked on, because there's no way I'd ever leave that stuff behind. But I have become 200% more no-bullshit in my attitude. My life has gone somewhere, and it hasn't been pleasant. I still have my job working IT and making a lot of money, but it hasn't been the most pleasant of experiences. Traumatized and heart-struck I guess would be the best choice of words to use, I suppose. I won't go into detail of what happened, because it's frankly no one's business, but I'm just gonna say it wasn't exactly something that I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Anyways, I've been working on my game, in my time away, fixing bugs and getting what I can done for my game, for people to test. I plan on livestreaming and talking about everything that went down, in the past 2 weeks, but all I can say is... I'm pretty upset and not in the best of moods. At all.

Feels sad to learn such a thing happened.  Your emotional situation is completely understandable, given the situation.

On the flip side, you have gone past the point where you were dependent on someone else, so you can at least slowly adapt to your new reality.  

Keep powering through bullshit like you always do, and keep kicking ass, like, again, you do.

On 6/26/2017 at 5:07 AM, Dylanrockin said:

It's been a few weeks. I'm alive, disowned by my own father, kicked out of my own house, and living far away from them. Still have everything that I worked on, because there's no way I'd ever leave that stuff behind. But I have become 200% more no-bullshit in my attitude. My life has gone somewhere, and it hasn't been pleasant. I still have my job working IT and making a lot of money, but it hasn't been the most pleasant of experiences. Traumatized and heart-struck I guess would be the best choice of words to use, I suppose. I won't go into detail of what happened, because it's frankly no one's business, but I'm just gonna say it wasn't exactly something that I'd wish on my worst enemy.

Anyways, I've been working on my game, in my time away, fixing bugs and getting what I can done for my game, for people to test. I plan on livestreaming and talking about everything that went down, in the past 2 weeks, but all I can say is... I'm pretty upset and not in the best of moods. At all.

Oniy few words for ya dude. Just chillax and keep doing great work and don't let the no-bullshit attitude drain off. Imagine this, you do something awesome and bam, you're on paper or TV. Then, people want ya. It's all about kicking unwanted stuff at the right time. Who knows you living alone might actually end up being productive. 

On 6/26/2017 at 1:37 PM, DemICE said:

Feels sad to learn such a thing happened.  Your emotional situation is completely understandable, given the situation.

On the flip side, you have gone past the point where you were dependent on someone else, so you can at least slowly adapt to your new reality.  

Keep powering through bullshit like you always do, and keep kicking ass, like, again, you do.

23 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Oniy few words for ya dude. Just chillax and keep doing great work and don't let the no-bullshit attitude drain off. Imagine this, you do something awesome and bam, you're on paper or TV. Then, people want ya. It's all about kicking unwanted stuff at the right time. Who knows you living alone might actually end up being productive. 

I wouldn't say it's exactly easy to do at this point, since progress on my game has been slow, due to... you know. It's a constant thought in the back of my head that pressures me into working, when I don't want to. I will try to get some progress done, but I'm gonna be a lot more laid back about working on my game, at the moment, due to my high stress levels.

So, ever since my emotional stress has been at an all time high, I produced something that reflects how I felt. It's something that appears in-game as an optional scene between Vice and Vivian. It's a tad shippy, and the scene is quite long, so I just cut the gif down to the meat of what I find as the most striking part about the scene. Also, I created a new mechanic to the game called "Character Relationships". No, you cannot ship Vice with anyone besides what the story has planned for him, if that's what you're thinking.

What the new system does is that there are several new scenes that I created in the game that if you were to watch those optional scenes, certain characters' relationships with other characters will increase. Some of them are a little out of the way, and yes you can completely miss any opportunity of seeing the scene as they are only accessible during moments where the party is not all together. What this effectively does is that if one character is partnered with another character in battle there are random effects that can occur in battle, such as:

• One character protecting the other, completely, from damage.
  • Increase critical hit ration for one attack
  • 10% stat buff for certain stats throughout battle, so long as they are partnered together
  • Can save a Pokemon from fainting and allowing them to hold on with 1HP.
  • Can produce unique in-battle conversations depending on how high their relationship level is

Since this is completely optional it has no real effect on the story of the game, besides more character building and development for said characters. However, the scenes, regardless if you watched them or not, will still be considered canon, but not mentioned unless you watched the scene. So, either way the scenes are canon and will be only referenced if you viewed it. I say that, because regardless of you watching them or not, they will be referenced in the follow-up, sequel to the game.

glomp.gif

ffd3112aeb466024072acb8d5288a908.png

d888cb82e37bc0ab0894866c64d5f196.png

f9eb17e709d9d0d1a9e48607da3848f9.png

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dylanrockin said:

So, ever since my emotional stress has been at an all time high, I produced something that reflects how I felt. It's something that appears in-game as an optional scene between Vice and Vivian. It's a tad shippy, and the scene is quite long, so I just cut the gif down to the meat of what I find as the most striking part about the scene. Also, I created a new mechanic to the game called "Character Relationships". No, you cannot ship Vice with anyone besides what the story has planned for him, if that's what you're thinking.

What the new system does is that there are several new scenes that I created in the game that if you were to watch those optional scenes, certain characters' relationships with other characters will increase. Some of them are a little out of the way, and yes you can completely miss any opportunity of seeing the scene as they are only accessible during moments where the party is not all together. What this effectively does is that if one character is partnered with another character in battle there are random effects that can occur in battle, such as:

• One character protecting the other, completely, from damage.
  • Increase critical hit ration for one attack
  • 10% stat buff for certain stats throughout battle, so long as they are partnered together
  • Can save a Pokemon from fainting and allowing them to hold on with 1HP.
  • Can produce unique in-battle conversations depending on how high their relationship level is

Since this is completely optional it has no real effect on the story of the game, besides more character building and development for said characters. However, the scenes, regardless if you watched them or not, will still be considered canon, but not mentioned unless you watched the scene. So, either way the scenes are canon and will be only referenced if you viewed it. I say that, because regardless of you watching them or not, they will be referenced in the follow-up, sequel to the game.

glomp.gif

ffd3112aeb466024072acb8d5288a908.png

d888cb82e37bc0ab0894866c64d5f196.png

f9eb17e709d9d0d1a9e48607da3848f9.png

Hopefully your situation turned out for your ultimate good dood. Keep at it, you'll come out a better person from all this.

Anyway, it seems creative ideas come to people at times when their mind is experiencing a flurry of emotions, so at least we can say there is a positive side to all this?

So, guys, I hope you're enjoying all the 3rd Party, embedded images that I post here, because Photobucket clearly doesn't... This, by the way, is bullshit:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photobucket-now-charges-399-for-third-party-hosted-images/

I occasionally post from dA, from my stash, but jesus christ man. Like, why is this even a thing? I have the majority of my photos from there, and I thought that having my subscription to them, already was enough. But, no, they think that I should charge them 399 per year, or 39.99 per month in order for me to post content of my game.

Fuck. right. off.

I'm gonna be using dA to post photos from now on, because seriously, fuck that shit.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Just found this game randomly looking at Reborn update log, and like, mind blown. So much detail and dedication can be shown so far and I am extremely hyped for this game. Keep up the GREAT work and I really wish this game was out today!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GingerBoss said:

Just found this game randomly looking at Reborn update log, and like, mind blown. So much detail and dedication can be shown so far and I am extremely hyped for this game. Keep up the GREAT work and I really wish this game was out today!

Appreciated, however, most of the images that I ever posted on here aren't allowed to be here, anymore, thanks to Photobucket's policy changes, which require me to pay 399.99 per year or 39.99 per month just to post images.

That uhhh sucks so much. We all know I use postimage for stuff and it hasn't disappointed me yet. But I'd honestly just go with Deviantart at this point. I wouldn't even pay a single cent to share images since imo it would be like having to pay Google every time you search for something. At least it is just images and doesn't affect the actual game.

Lol wow, geez.... by no means should you pay anything to photobucket. Just transfer all of your images elsewhere. There are plenty of options such as imgur or DA or puush, surely you don't need to use photobucket anymore

So, as of today's livestream I have completed 2 1/2 new maps. Technically I just refined 2 and started working on another. The last of which... I'm having some slight artist's block with, but... eh.

Also, I will be announcing a new character for the game! Technically not new, since she's been planned for the game, for a long time, but I haven't gotten the time to have her made yet. She's similar to Ninetales in that she has a human and Pokemon form, but at the same time has extreme relevance at the very end of the game. So important in-fact that she becomes a pseudo-party member. I say pseudo, because you can't "technically" use her for Pokemon battling, however she has a very unique function that I think will tickle many people's fancy. I'll be announcing her within this week, hopefully.

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 2

Update: So, I've made some pretty good progress along the road to completing my game. Many bugs fixed, many things added in, and new maps created. First I'm gonna show off a few maps for the Dark Fang's Northern Base. This was a weird thing for me to work on, since it's extremely difficult to try and make several bases that look and feel very much different.

9450f91b63af5fe40cbe20d6d3b38759.png

429a25ebfd000beaf8488d753c3de6c5.png

675851530790f35d3c11dba6c6765841.png

Side Note: Also, it's probably a fact now at this point that I'm probably the biggest fan of Tales of Symphonia on the Earth, since I now own EVERYTHING Tales of Symphonia related, including all of the overly expensive figurines, blu-ray dvd's, posters, Japanese manga, Japanese novelization, wall-scrolls, and all versions of the game (including Japanese exclusive versions). Yes, I am a nerd, yes, I am a huge fan-boy who has plans to go to a Tales of Festival in Japan, and YES... I want to get my stuff autographed.

Also, this is going to be starting the date where I have nearly all of the costumes completely finished. These including costumes with rideable Pokemon, fishing, etc. However, the methods to unlock said costumes aren't totally finished yet. BUT, I intend to get around to doing so this week.

• Upvote 2