Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

7 hours ago, Yagami said:

I liked the side quest.That move by Greninja was OP.I just loved that animation for renegade strike.

That move you're referring to is what's called a Verdant Arte, and each character has 2 for their main Pokemon. To use them, depending on which move you're going to use, requires a certain amount of Focus. Renegade Strike is a one-hit KO Verdant Arte, and those require all of your Focus. You can use them as many times as you like in battle, but building up Focus takes awhile, since it only builds when you take damage or deal damage. Or use Focus Sparks outside of battle.

Vivian has:

• Storm Shuriken
  • Renegade Strike

Vice has:

• Soul Strike
  • Soul Punisher

Marissa has:

• Twilight Rift
  • Almagest

Krista has:

• Divine Judgement
  • Verdant Elysium

Hiro has:

• Radiant Roar
  • Temporal Drive

Allan has:

• Aura Storm
  • Super Dragon Hammer
Edited by Dylanrockin

Update: I've been a little busy the past week and haven't done anything too major. However, I did put in some time to insert all of the character's idle animations that are tied to specific costumes in-game. Now, every character has all of their idle animations. What does this mean for you, the player? Nothing, since most people probably don't care about idle animations or any of my dick-stroking that I do talking about it.

Also, transformed Pokemon now have an aura around their bodies, which I had inserted for funzies, also because I could. This was done so that way it was easy to distinguish between a Verdant-Transformed Eevee, which always appears shiny, vs. a regular shiny Eevee and so on. I plan on livestreaming this weekend, but I also started pondering certain things as well, in relation to not just my game, but life decisions as well. That much, I won't really go into.

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2017 at 0:05 PM, Dypatome said:

Wow, I've been away and have missed a lot of progress. It's great to see that you're still going strong; best of luck as you continue!

Yeah, I've been putting in some decent work at the moment, but I've been trying to avoid certain posts, and since I got screwed over by my school, I won't have nearly as much money to pay for new artworks and other things this year. But, for everyone reading - I am working on my game, but I've been kind of on the down-low about what all I've been doing.

I plan on posting a new video soon, for my game, as it showcases a part in the game, where you can play as an additional, 7th character that is only a temporary party member and can only be played as for this one battle.

So, again, for those of you curious about the status of the manga, well, look no further, because there be more to show, in it's sketched glory. If any of you would like to support the manga, on Patreon, the link to it is here: https://www.patreon.com/SymphonicHorizonManga

These pages have no words, and are in their sketch phases, before I have them inked and toned by my manga artist.

49ccd94d880a8f5adfb4fcfb16c42788.png

db19aac86e8763c1e143dff9d1fe5450.png

Here's an update, for the 2nd set of Swimsuit costumes, and if I do say so myself, this sketch is looking quite... uhhh... fan-servicey, and I don't mind that one bit.

This is featuring Mia Vance and Vivian Vance, and yes, having these two in an artwork together was indeed intentional.

21151047_1627062974034289_1919139136_n.j

• Like 1

Update, because I haven't been doing that too much, as of late.

Currently, I am having my game tested, again, for some more, good-old, QA testing. Also, I changed some mechanics that I thought really needed to be changed, because I must've been high or something when I came up with the idea of Mega Evo's, and character transformations burning up your turn, but yeah I changed that. Also, the manga has been coming along pretty well. How well? Well, take a look for yourself :P

69d39a4fb8d0d7dc3efa1f47edb7a876.jpg

So, pretty darn good, considering! This coming summer is when Volume 1 will be officially up for sale, and you guys can freely read it at your leisure, during your breaks!

18 hours ago, Dylanrockin said:

Update, because I haven't been doing that too much, as of late.

Currently, I am having my game tested, again, for some more, good-old, QA testing. Also, I changed some mechanics that I thought really needed to be changed, because I must've been high or something when I came up with the idea of Mega Evo's, and character transformations burning up your turn, but yeah I changed that. Also, the manga has been coming along pretty well. How well? Well, take a look for yourself :P

69d39a4fb8d0d7dc3efa1f47edb7a876.jpg

So, pretty darn good, considering! This coming summer is when Volume 1 will be officially up for sale, and you guys can freely read it at your leisure, during your breaks!

>that pikachu getting slammed

#worth

Greetings from the exhaustion that is school! Good news, everyone! I got paid, which means more content, which means more stuff for you all to look at that has ultimately no meaning to any of you whatsoever! Why? Because I'm dull like that.

On a more serious note: Concept artwork won't be rolling out as much, due to the fact that... well... almost all the characters in my game have been conceptualized, sprited and finished. There's really no need for me to showcase more than I need to now. Unless I actually have more to showcase, in which case... yeah.

However, at the moment, I'm rolling out a couple update videos for my game, which some of you may or may not be interested in, who knows. I've also started working on locations after the Northern Base arc, and currently having the latter areas of my game tested. I do feel a little bad that I haven't been doing updates as frequently, but that's mostly because all the systems and gameplay mechanics are for the most part finished. Details on things regarding that have been a little but under the cover as I work on certain game mechanics behind the scenes, especially with how to make the battles more... different. As in how they play out that involves more player input than just "choose move, go". Been experimenting with that, as of late, but that final system may or may not be included in the final version of the game - who knows.

But, yeah, sorry for the lack of updates, I do apologize, but school's been hectic and I've been short on cash as of late. Especially since I've been focusing on the manga of my game, in terms of finances as of late, which... has been stressful to say the least. Several hundred dollars a month isn't something that I have at the ready 200% of the time, sadly.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:25 PM, Dylanrockin said:

Greetings from the exhaustion that is school! Good news, everyone! I got paid, which means more content, which means more stuff for you all to look at that has ultimately no meaning to any of you whatsoever! Why? Because I'm dull like that.

On a more serious note: Concept artwork won't be rolling out as much, due to the fact that... well... almost all the characters in my game have been conceptualized, sprited and finished. There's really no need for me to showcase more than I need to now. Unless I actually have more to showcase, in which case... yeah.

However, at the moment, I'm rolling out a couple update videos for my game, which some of you may or may not be interested in, who knows. I've also started working on locations after the Northern Base arc, and currently having the latter areas of my game tested. I do feel a little bad that I haven't been doing updates as frequently, but that's mostly because all the systems and gameplay mechanics are for the most part finished. Details on things regarding that have been a little but under the cover as I work on certain game mechanics behind the scenes, especially with how to make the battles more... different. As in how they play out that involves more player input than just "choose move, go". Been experimenting with that, as of late, but that final system may or may not be included in the final version of the game - who knows.

But, yeah, sorry for the lack of updates, I do apologize, but school's been hectic and I've been short on cash as of late. Especially since I've been focusing on the manga of my game, in terms of finances as of late, which... has been stressful to say the least. Several hundred dollars a month isn't something that I have at the ready 200% of the time, sadly.

Well I will never understand the need to continue spending money you don't always have on things that turn out to not generate much interest, but...you'll do you. I'm not even sure what you are referring to in the first bit of your post but ... o/

Even for your manga, don't stress yourself so much, there are always daily life necessities to take care of before you cough up a few 100s per month on that.  Take whatever time you need to rest and take care of things, we're all here waiting anyway

So, today is my 22nd birthday, which means... old, getting older and worrying a lot. However, I have a little something for those of you who've been following my game for some time now. This is artwork done by one of my close friends on dA as a birthday present to me and I thought I'd share it all with you.

A nice, group photo with the main cast of characters from my game!

good_kids_by_krisantyne-dbnlsyy.png

Original link: https://krisantyne.deviantart.com/art/Good-Kids-704776426

1 hour ago, Dylanrockin said:

So, today is my 22nd birthday, which means... old, getting older and worrying a lot. However, I have a little something for those of you who've been following my game for some time now. This is artwork done by one of my close friends on dA as a birthday present to me and I thought I'd share it all with you.

Happy birthday :D

9 hours ago, Dylanrockin said:

Happy birthday man. Remember to relax today. Take a break and enjoy.

So, here is a screenshot of the entrance to the northern base, with gif included!

c78ebee8e54a7cd1b47fe596de527146.png

capture008_by_dylanrockin2122-dbjr43i.jp

adf_by_dylanrockin2122-dbo7dm1.gif

This has been something that I've had done for about a month now, but have been lazy, lately, and haven't really put much time or want to actually show it off. Also, if you can't tell, I do have snap-edges on all of my maps, because it reduces lag, because all my maps are disconnected, and are only connected via warps. Which, if you're putting maps into a huge canvas, and rolling with that, then your game is gonna lag something fierce, and is generally a bad option to go with.

• Like 1

Good news, everyone! I am currently having my game "stress tested" by one of my good friends on dA to test for bugs and anything that could be potentially causing issues with the game. And at the moment I started working on creating several new maps and another optional, secret area for post-Northern Base and whatnot.

Here's a preview of shiz:

a46bc38e5056150a4141f0d6202d68e0.png

f0d9e8624d14d64d917d5e662cb1802c.png

7c430edd014696ee084b50300556189a.png

These are maps for the inside of the Northern Base's prison sector, and the hallway leading up to Richter Dezel, the Northern Base's head-honcho, along with Reynard Maxwell. The prison is usually reserved for human Trainers that were captured by the Dark Fangs to be used for the artificial Arc Stone Fragment project, with their Pokemon being taken to a special room where they are placed in stasis until they too are converted into energy for the project.

• Like 1

I have been watching the progress of this game for quite some time and I am amazed by the effort and passion you have put into this. It is so good looking and I would definitely play it when it becomes available :) Keep up the good work!

On 10/1/2017 at 4:56 AM, groniack said:

I have been watching the progress of this game for quite some time and I am amazed by the effort and passion you have put into this. It is so good looking and I would definitely play it when it becomes available :) Keep up the good work!

How long is a long time? Did you see my posts somewhere else or was it just from here?

4 minutes ago, Dylanrockin said:

How long is a long time? Did you see my posts somewhere else or was it just from here?

About a year or so. At that time, I hadn't created this account and I had just been looking at various threads anonymously. I was keeping up with the updates from this forum.

Since I, at last, decided to create an account here, I express my support for the game now :)

23 hours ago, groniack said:

About a year or so. At that time, I hadn't created this account and I had just been looking at various threads anonymously. I was keeping up with the updates from this forum.

Since I, at last, decided to create an account here, I express my support for the game now :)

Hmm, your name seemed familiar, so I thought I saw someone like you before, make a post at some point or another.

Anywho, Discrete Mathematics exam done and over with, now to continue working and getting my hands dirty with some hard-coding, nonsensicalness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a new update video, for the first time in a month, because I'm lazy af. But, this video showcases all of the available transformations in the game for all 6 characters. However, everything that isn't Vice don't have much in the way of an actual change of clothes when transformed besides an aura. Mostly because Vice is special like that, because Magic Clothes ftw. Krista's is a little unfinished, and I might get around to fixing it sometime soon, but for now this is what you get.

I might also show off all the costumes in the game, but I already did that a year ago, and... yeah. Don't really feel like doing that kind of work again. Lazy af, as you know. Also... school.

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1