Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

I really only glance at this stuff and read little bits once in a while out of curiosity. I don't really read too much as you can really only experience a game once. But also, I'm very good at forgetting stuff so it usually works out.

• Upvote 1

Here is a character transformation update for ya'll! This time I remembered to use the Spoiler tag! Just for you guys, and just so I don't get several people on my butt about me posting too much XD

[None spoiler features of the form] <-- Clarification, spoilers are below the picture.

This character transformation is for Krista's Planet Herald Awakened Form. This is a transformation that does not inherently affect the Pokemon she uses, but it does affect her normal powers, like Pokemon Regeneration as well as her overworld regeneration. Verdant wind and several Trainer abilities have heightened chances of occurring and all of her Pokemon gain an increase (20%) to all stats. The downside to this form is that in the overworld as you walk around with this transformation on, it will drain your Focus meter, and once it hits below 10% you revert back.

One other perk to this form is that her signature Pokemon: Gardevoir can be forcefully changed into Gallade, whenever a physical attack is used, and vice versa for Gardevoir. Also, when they're Mega Evolved, their stats are increased more than the other Pokemon in your party, by an extra 10%. Also, this form allows for Krista to manipulate Verdant Energy, including Arc Stone Fragments, and even control Legendary Pokemon. She is also able to completely forcefully change and revert a Pokemon, regardless if it belongs to her, back to their previous form.

17918384_1455068251233763_887780034_n_by

Spoiler

Now, for the spoilerific part. I'm sure you're wondering why she has a very evil sneer on her face and Groudon-esque marks on her body. Well, that's just what angered Planet Heralds are like. Naturally they needed a way to properly defend themselves, whenever a threat would try and stop them from their journey to revitalize the Planet's Verdant Energy with the use of the Arc Stone, so this form came into play whenever they were forced into a corner. Through sheer anger and sadness can this form be accessed and with it, the Trainer can impart their energy to their Pokemon, increasing their power manyfold. So much so that their power is equal to or greater than a Legendary Pokemon.

Krista first accesses this form during the battle in the Northern Base when she witnesses her foster brother be killed with Maron, and newly befriended Human Androids Rey and Asche be absorbed into Dr. Richter Dezel's bio-mechanical, Android Pokemon: Mega Mewtwo XY. Richter then lets himself be absorbed into Mega Mewtwo XY's body so as to take control of its body while mocking Krista at every turn, and stating how her best-friend, Mew, gave up its life in vain for a pathetic Planet Herald, while producing fake Mew clones so as to mock and anger her. This development causes Krista to explode with anger, and cause her body to start emitting bio-electricity and glow an odd shade of purple.

In this state Krista becomes incredibly sadistic and evil, going so far as to WANTING Richter to regenerate his lost limbs so she can make him suffer and scream even more. Her power is so great that her partner, Gardevoir can easily stop Richter/Mega Mewtwo XY in its tracks and bisect it completely with one hit. Eventually, after the fight is prolonged a good while, she extends her hand out and shuts down all of the Arc Stone Fragments within Richter's body, and uses Gardevoir's new Verdant Arte: Verdant Elysium and vaporizes him completely. After the battle is over, the Androids and Maron appear unharmed from the blast with Richter dead.

11 hours ago, Commander said:

I really only glance at this stuff and read little bits once in a while out of curiosity. I don't really read too much as you can really only experience a game once. But also, I'm very good at forgetting stuff so it usually works out.

Same most of the time

If you don't mind me asking, when the game does release, should I read some of these many pages of characters and lore or just hop in the game and find out about them firsthand?

I've been following the development for a while, but haven't undertaken the task of reading all this yet; it is a daunting task, factoring in all of the update notes in these 39 pages.

1 hour ago, seki108 said:

If you don't mind me asking, when the game does release, should I read some of these many pages of characters and lore or just hop in the game and find out about them firsthand?

I've been following the development for a while, but haven't undertaken the task of reading all this yet; it is a daunting task, factoring in all of the update notes in these 39 pages.

On the first page at the top I already stated that the game will be out when it's out. I don't owe myself to any kind of schedule and I work on my game when my motivation allows for me to. Also, I'm only one guy working on this, so you can imagine this will take a long time.

You can read if you want, but you should only do it knowing that those are spoilers. Going through 39 pages worth of content is quite a task, and only people who are really looking forward to the game and don't care about spoilers can take a read through it.

27 minutes ago, Dylanrockin said:

On the first page at the top I already stated that the game will be out when it's out. I don't owe myself to any kind of schedule and I work on my game when my motivation allows for me to. Also, I'm only one guy working on this, so you can imagine this will take a long time.

Just to clarify, the first part of my question wasn't asking about a release date.  I just made that sentence too wordy by adding "when the game does release".  Sorry for any confusion, since it is close to "when does the game release".

Thank you for clarifying and for a prompt reply.  I will probably wait to have the full experience.

Edited by seki108

HEY GUYS LOOK, REMEMBER THAT ANIMATION I WAS TALKING ABOUT?! IT'S DONE!

This is the ending credits sequence for the game, and well... it's amazing, and I animated all of these frames that you see here. I am very proud of this, indeed. This is the version without the credits in it, except for the clock and FunimationNow, because... this shit is on Funimation, yo 

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dragonza11 said:

does this mean the game is almost done?

Nope, not in the slightest. I've mentioned before the story is done, but the game itself is only about 70% of the way finished. The other 30% I'm taking my time with.

Edited by Dylanrockin

1 minute ago, Dylanrockin said:

Nope, not in the slightest. I've mentioned before the story is done, but the game itself is only about 70% of the way finished. The other 30% I'm taking my time with.

take your time, i just dont want to see your game dying like some other on on this site because it looks azaming

19 minutes ago, dragonza11 said:

take your time, i just dont want to see your game dying like some other on on this site because it looks azaming

I've been working on this game for 6 years now. Quitting isn't exactly something that have in mind. I do take 2 week breaks every now and then, while working on the game in bits and pieces.

So, to anyone who gives a shit, I took the animation down. 'Kay? Cool. Because apparently me posting the video has pissed many people off, so at this point... fuck it. People complain about spoilers, people complain about everything, and I just can't fucking win at all, can I? So now, no one wins and no one gets to enjoy anything, happy?

You know, when I set out to make my game, I did it with passion and fun, and not to take it so damn seriously.

Edited by Dylanrockin

• Global Mods
45 minutes ago, Dylanrockin said:

So, to anyone who gives a shit, I took the animation down. 'Kay? Cool. Because apparently me posting the video has pissed many people off, so at this point... fuck it. People complain about spoilers, people complain about everything, and I just can't fucking win at all, can I? So now, no one wins and no one gets to enjoy anything, happy?

You know, when I set out to make my game, I did it with passion and fun, and not to take it so damn seriously.

Well, I'm glad I saw it before it was gone, because it looked really good!

and yea, sadly no matter how amazing something is, there will always be people who try to find something to complain about and ruin it.

Since I've made some edits to the animation, and whatnot I'm gonna reupload this, but just remember that this is not the final, final version of the animation. And the only reason why I'm reuploading this is because I'm mad, I am irate angry at my YouTube followers, but I'm doing this so people don't get mad back at me. So, here it is, again... whoopie. Again, I can't ever win.

Edited by Dylanrockin

just a quick question, im problebly a derp for not getting it but

are there gonna be multiple versions or 1 version with multiple chapters because i'm a bit confused about the age thing and when they appear.

witj the 'end of the road arc', I do get that SH 2 is another game but are the arcs seperated or how does that work?

35 minutes ago, dragonza11 said:

just a quick question, im problebly a derp for not getting it but

are there gonna be multiple versions or 1 version with multiple chapters because i'm a bit confused about the age thing and when they appear.

witj the 'end of the road arc', I do get that SH 2 is another game but are the arcs seperated or how does that work?

There is only 1 game, it does not follow any standard formula for any Pokemon game, thus 1 game only. It's not chapter based, and to clarify, this follows an J-RPG formula from the Tales series, so characters are gained as you progress through the story. You should probably refer to the videos that I have posted, in the forum post or even go through my YouTube playlists about my game. It'll answer your question and then some. Or even refer to my older posts.

Also, the end of the road arc applies to the previous game, and doesn't apply to this game. The previous game is structured in such a way, for me when I wrote the story for that game, that it helped me organize the story better. Mostly for my own convenience.

Edited by Dylanrockin

12 hours ago, Dylanrockin said:

There is only 1 game, it does not follow any standard formula for any Pokemon game, thus 1 game only. It's not chapter based, and to clarify, this follows an J-RPG formula from the Tales series, so characters are gained as you progress through the story. You should probably refer to the videos that I have posted, in the forum post or even go through my YouTube playlists about my game. It'll answer your question and then some. Or even refer to my older posts.

Also, the end of the road arc applies to the previous game, and doesn't apply to this game. The previous game is structured in such a way, for me when I wrote the story for that game, that it helped me organize the story better. Mostly for my own convenience.

Just casually lurking to say that I also believe that creating a prologue/backstory/flashback story is a solid way to organize your main one better O:

So, Androids and Krista, this time around. I already mentioned Krista's dealio, but the upcoming one is Asche Beckett, also known as Rae's brother, who was also converted into an Android Trainer.

Much like with Rae, he also wears a jean-jacket, but the difference between both of them is that he has a version with sleeves. Also, I don't really have to go into much detail about Asche, since I explained his dealio as well with Rae's up above. They were both regular Trainers who aimed to become the strongest, double-battle duo in the entire region. And they could've if they weren't captured. Both of them were Trainers that were in line for a battle with Helena, a year before the main events of this game occur, as they gathered all 16 badges of the region. They were captured and yada-yada-yada, you probably already read what I posted above.

8928938c054ab3106111c3f9eeecb93c-db69bth

8bfda42da8b37f6654ad03bc755975f4-db5vbdt

Gonna just copy/paste Krista's here:

Spoiler

Now, for the spoilerific part. I'm sure you're wondering why she has a very evil sneer on her face and Groudon-esque marks on her body. Well, that's just what angered Planet Heralds are like. Naturally they needed a way to properly defend themselves, whenever a threat would try and stop them from their journey to revitalize the Planet's Verdant Energy with the use of the Arc Stone, so this form came into play whenever they were forced into a corner. Through sheer anger and sadness can this form be accessed and with it, the Trainer can impart their energy to their Pokemon, increasing their power manyfold. So much so that their power is equal to or greater than a Legendary Pokemon.

Krista first accesses this form during the battle in the Northern Base when she witnesses her foster brother be killed with Maron, and newly befriended Human Androids Rey and Asche be absorbed into Dr. Richter Dezel's bio-mechanical, Android Pokemon: Mega Mewtwo XY. Richter then lets himself be absorbed into Mega Mewtwo XY's body so as to take control of its body while mocking Krista at every turn, and stating how her best-friend, Mew, gave up its life in vain for a pathetic Planet Herald, while producing fake Mew clones so as to mock and anger her. This development causes Krista to explode with anger, and cause her body to start emitting bio-electricity and glow an odd shade of purple.

In this state Krista becomes incredibly sadistic and evil, going so far as to WANTING Richter to regenerate his lost limbs so she can make him suffer and scream even more. Her power is so great that her partner, Gardevoir can easily stop Richter/Mega Mewtwo XY in its tracks and bisect it completely with one hit. Eventually, after the fight is prolonged a good while, she extends her hand out and shuts down all of the Arc Stone Fragments within Richter's body, and uses Gardevoir's new Verdant Arte: Verdant Elysium and vaporizes him completely. After the battle is over, the Androids and Maron appear unharmed from the blast with Richter dead

Edited by Dylanrockin

Spoiler

Another character artwork update: This particular character is probably... one of the most important characters in the story, at least for Marissa, in that this is her mother: Mariah Brennan

Spoiler tag above if you want to read this, because who this character is, is actually very spoilerific. I'll just say her first name here: Mariah and leave her last name to be up for debate, unless someone read the spoiler tag, in which case, nevermind.

18035718_1464832840257304_136461711_n.jp

Huh,  they got complaints? I don't get it.  Would they have someting to complain about if it didnt exist at all?    Meeeeeeh  screw them, you should have ignored them and kept the video like it was xD  That would be your win.  

It clearly says its animated scene from the END of the game! Of course it's gonna contain some spoilers.  If one doesn't wanna get spoiled, all they have to do is not watch it. The thumbnail alone can give an idea on the art.

inb4  Krista is gonna be tsundere af  

6 hours ago, DemICE said:

Huh,  they got complaints? I don't get it.  Would they have someting to complain about if it didnt exist at all?    Meeeeeeh  screw them, you should have ignored them and kept the video like it was xD  That would be your win.  

It clearly says its animated scene from the END of the game! Of course it's gonna contain some spoilers.  If one doesn't wanna get spoiled, all they have to do is not watch it. The thumbnail alone can give an idea on the art.

inb4  Krista is gonna be tsundere af  

Well, in the comments on the video before I deleted it yes. But, admittedly I was a bit more upset that day than necessary, and I had other things factored in as well. But, it's not a big deal anymore, I'm over it and I shouldn't have taken it down like that in the first place nor have gotten angry about it. If someone does complain I'm just gonna shrug, delete their complaint because I can and move on with my life. It's not a big deal anymore, as I have clarified in the description that it contains spoilers.

No idea who that lady is but she looks like she could be Marissa's mom or something (speculation purely based on fancy design and imagining that the lady is blond )                      乁( ´-` )_/¯

So, thanks to the recent livestreams I've managed to catch myself up in terms of progress (even though the stream I did today was a total bust and no one showed up ;w; ). Thankfully though I managed to pull-through and finish the entire Volcano Base today with all the eventing done, minus the story events that take place there. I also managed to finish doing some story events in Infinity Mine, thank god, because that place was a slough to get through because of how meh the Minetracks were to make.

Also, I've been debating about making a programming tutorial video, but honestly... I think I'd start with teaching the basics of Java and then do Ruby later on. Mostly because it's advised, generally, to learn Java first, then Ruby. At least that's what I did in college o.o

On 21/04/2017 at 5:01 PM, Dylanrockin said:

Finished art of Mariah:

ef940cef6637a805c38f75da5bb16a25-db6lqt5

Also, for those of you who haven't seen this animation, you should totes watch :D

Mariah looks great :D and congtats on the progress^^