Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

I'm not sure if anyone has written this anywhere but "Gender can define a character, but gender does not define characters." That's simply saying a character is not who they are due to their gender. But if someone really wanted to spout that out me, then I'd simply say, "I guess every protag must be a teenage boy." But I really wouldn't worry that much about it. Usually I care more about how well done a cast is over something silly like there not being enough guys. 

2 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm not sure if anyone has written this anywhere but "Gender can define a character, but gender does not define characters." That's simply saying a character is not who they are due to their gender. But if someone really wanted to spout that out me, then I'd simply say, "I guess every protag must be a teenage boy." But I really wouldn't worry that much about it. Usually I care more about how well done a cast is over something silly like there not being enough guys. 

I "deleted" said post mostly due in part that I didn't want to offend anyone, but it does still irk me when people address this to me as a problem. And it just so happened that the ratios ended up being what they are. It's too late to change it, and I'm not gonna change it for anyone just because "it has to be that way, because fuck you." Because I don't remember there being an undisclosed rule that all RPG parties MUST be primarily comprised of males. And if there way, then screw the person who made it.

Aside from the obvious venting that I did about female protags and shit, I am going to be bringing about some solid news.

Part 1 of the News

You all know about the ending anime-style animation that I made for my game, yes? Well, most of you know, hopefully:

At the moment, I am putting about 2000+ dollars on a large-budget, anime intro animation for my game, this coming August/September. This opening animation will play at the start of every New Game. Also, I am going to spoil the song that will be used for the intro. The song that will be used is called: 夢は終わらない - "The Dream Will Not End" and will feature much smoother animation than the current ending that you see here, since I will have a MUCH larger budget, compared to when I made this.

Speaking of the ending, I will also be going back to older frames of animation, in the ending, and tweak the cels and add new frames to make the animation smoother, within the coming month.

Part 2 of the News

New maps, including the aforementioned Nishima Island Hot Spring are finished, at last. You can, indeed, visit this island at any point in the game, once you get the ticket to go there, via the S.S. Valeria, after unlocking Allan and Hiro.

72a1e1cffdc2731358d72175adfc8323.png

33ce5d23412bb707b736d485540f1d4f.png

de1fbff223efad41528d1ca430540917.png

ce9ddfac77346fa39cffc758b4422533.png

6a70d742feb7f9299e7aff74783025ba.png

5d2619395df341abcd52b4375db77abc.png

• Upvote 2

Wow this is b-e-a-utiful!! Considering you put that much cash in the game, do we pay for the game when released???

42 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

Wow this is b-e-a-utiful!! Considering you put that much cash in the game, do we pay for the game when released???

I don't charge anything to play a fan-game. However, the manga you do have to pay for, because that is technically not illegal, and I actually have to enlist an actual, professional manga artist to draw the manga.

For those of you interested, there is a 7 page preview on my deviantART Groups page for said Manga: http://symphonic-horizon.deviantart.com/gallery/62248919/Comics

Only 7 pages, because you all will be having to pay for the full manga, in order to read past the first 7 pages. Mostly also because I know that there are some slime-balls who think it's funny to post other people's works illegally online, without my permission, so fuck you to those who do that. Also, there is a funny comic in there that is completely unrelated to the manga, and I felt like having this made, because it's hilarious as shit. The comic was more or less a parody that I commissioned a few years ago XD

commission__vice_vs_allan_transformation

For those of you interested in another video update, here ya are: The Nishima Island Hot Springs and it's wonderous dialogue about, you guessed it, boobs. In typical Tales fashion, the game has the usual, girl boob talk. Yes, that is a thing, for those of who haven't played a Tales game.

• Upvote 1

So, here's an update for NOT this game. Except for one of the new characters in this, who is actually just a regular Pokemon, much like Iggy. The characters I am going to be showing off, right now, are mostly for the 2nd game, aside from Master Shao, the blind Mienshao of the Celestial Island. The first character shown above is Celia Magnus, the main villain of the 2nd game. Also, in case you haven't already taken it in yet that my game is super weird, well... enjoy the ride, because it only gets weirder.

Celia is a natural born Planet Herald and Keeper of Time from the future timeline set 7 years after the events of Symphonic Horizon 2. She has lived for centuries and is technically the first Keeper of Time. She is extremely dangerous as a rogue who managed to kill the cast of main characters in the future timeline of when this game takes place.

20292163_1588471481226772_1417807295_n_b

The 2nd character is Caryl Rose, also known as the daughter to Velvet Amelia Rose the Witch. Caryl, is very much like her mother, aside from the fact that she does not possess the same abilities that Velvet does - transforming into a Persian at will. That said, she does use a similar broomstick to travel between dimensions, just like her mother does as she is capable of going too and from the Next Dimension and the City of the Timeless at will. She isn't so much an important character in the 1st game, as she appears in the ending of the game, but she is very much important in the 2nd game to assist in future travel.

20370392_1588465101227410_1253930496_n_b

The last character on the list here is Master Shao, the Blind Mienshao. Very similar to Iggy, where I decided to characterize a Pokemon with human characteristics, such as... wearing clothes XD Master Shao is a Mienshao that possesses the ability to speak the human tongue, but lost his eye-sight several years prior to Symphonic Horizon 1. He serves as a mentor character in the Next Dimension Tournament arc, and even takes part fighting in it, as himself. Master Shao eventually reveals that behind his blindfolds are eyes that are always shut, due to him being... well blind. He becomes intrigued by Marissa Brennan, after she loses her eyesight, and begins teaching her how to battle without her eyes and to sense things around her. He even teaches her how to further master her Mega Evolution beyond what it can normally do, and evolves it into a completely different transformation all together. (Note) This is all before Cresselia restores Marissa's eyes with Heaven's Gaze, two purple eyes that allow her to see life energy and verdant energy, while also restoring her vision.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Characters and Shit

Edna Rose

Is playable in the 2nd game, and only appears in the ending to the 1st game.

20504219_1593125620761358_1566282805_n_b

Celia Magnus

Main villain of the 2nd game. Also, if you've noticed, I like to have a black outline, around the eyes of my villain characters, as well as Vice in his Verdant form. It's just a style choice that I choose to do with villains and Vice.

20496333_1593209027419684_1311598402_n_b

So, manga news: Here are some progress details on some story-boards in relation to the manga pages. Been working hard with my manga artist to get pages as perfect as possible, however again, I am not posting the actual, finished pages, because as I've stated 100000 times, the manga will only be available for purchase as it is not free, unlike the game which is free. So, for now, enjoy these story-boards.

If you want to read the first 7 pages of the manga, you can on my dA Groups page. (See post above for link or in my signature or even on my profile page)

psh2splash_by_dylanrockin2122-dbi9p47.jp

6_7_by_dylanrockin2122-dbi9p2f.jpg

8_9_by_dylanrockin2122-dbi9p14.jpg

10_11_by_dylanrockin2122-dbi9ozt.jpg

Edited by Dylanrockin

Spoiler Character Update!

If you do not want to be spoiled on the details of this character, then do not click the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Here's another new character: Ayame Monochroma Vance, also known as Vivian and Allan's future daughter, in Symphonic Horizon 2. She is the cousin to Luke and Anise Braving, as well as Hiro and Vice's niece.

2e39556534440d8931ac5554b9741ac3-dbiejd6

• Upvote 1

SO, for those of you unfamiliar, my game has a host of 10 costumes that the player can wear, once unlocked. I have a video of it on my YouTube channel, for those interested.

I had a random thought come to my mind, and that was "fan-service". I had this thought, when I was looking back at several of the Tales games and how they went about their use of fan-service, and then it struck me: let's do more with that. And you know when that comes to mind, you just know that I'm going to do something ridiculous. Like what? Well, I thought about doing more with the swim suit designs, because... why not? XD Well actually it's because I wanted to depict them (mostly the females) in actually their swimsuits. So, you'd be able to play as them with them partially clothed, and with just swimsuits on. The males will get a redesign that functions as just a 2nd swimsuit for them. And I intend for these to be as... *ahem* fan-servicey as possible, because why not? The scenes will also have different and unique scenes for each character as well, rather than them posing in front of a green-screen.

In a nut-shell, this is 2nd helping of upcoming swimsuits is JUST for fan-service, and can be unlocked as soon as you obtain the 1st set.

Vivian's Swim Suit

c92ac960190358b0a54c004d12eb394e-d9soon6

Hiro's Swim Suit

66f5a1f906709c7305d6a102c7de29ab-d9s7hhf

Krista's Swim Suit

60fc774363c1c72113e57f8a92dc72d7-d9rz16l

Marissa's Swim Suit

09133379c55c0b7d40f04e66b69efb4e-d9qjfne

Vice's Swim Suit

7337f41f409fe2f5dbb83122cb01937f-d9qtlps

Allan's Swim Suit

c5ecd9c4e35cd79e27ab66ac436c177e-d9ra74f

Update: So, I've been kind of sick the past few days, due to dentist visits and having to take some nasty medication that they prescribed to me and shit - which means that I haven't been too much at work on my game. BUT, I have managed to complete several new aspects of my game.

• I've changed the EXP Yields for all the Pokemon in the game to be 3/4th's as much as they once were, due to the game being too easy.
  • The player can now unlock the both beach costumes, in-game, via an event near Horizon City, which involves a photo shoot with all the characters, at the beach.
  • The player can now unlock the Christmas costumes, when the player is able to purchase a house on Freezedry Path, and the characters end up celebrating Christmas early.
  • Northern Base is now accessible, and is the end of the 3rd Arc of the game out of 5. The 4th Arc is the Celestial Island, which is really short, with the final Arc being Next Dimension Tournament and Destiny Outlook.
  • I've refined some programming aspects of the game to make it run smoother, while also adjusting some boss fights to have dialogue in them as well as scripted scenes in those fights.

Also, new artwork for battle damaged Vice, during the Final Boss fight of the game. Yeah, in the final battle Vice gets pretty fucked up.

7c42626465c942aa5221f041e8cab64c-dbja1jt

Also, I will be posting another video of my game, very soon, but it won't be anything too amazing, since it will be mostly just a Sanctuary and I just felt like posting the solution to the puzzle there.

Edited by Dylanrockin

A question to my readers: How do you all prefer my updates? Do you prefer to see them in the morning/afternoon/night? Also, how do you prefer the format to being? Also, new update in regards to ze game.

New location: Horizon City - Lighthouse Island.

This island was originally accessible, in the earlier versions of the game, but I expanded it so that way the player can now get the new swimsuit costumes ver. 1 and ver. 2, as well as serving for Vivian gaining access to her own, personal, Shaymin. Because, yes, you can enter the Flower Paradise, from the northern part of Lighthouse Island. The shack featured in the lower part of the first screenshot serves as the location for where you get the swimsuit costumes for all the characters, via an event where Vivian (because I love doing this to Vivian, hahah), is chosen as the next swimsuit model for the shack, as well as possibly being featured in Pokemon Trainer's Swimsuit Magazine Monthly. The graves featured in the 2nd screenshot are past caretakers of Shaymin Village, with the 5th, 7th, and 10th caretaker's graves being accessible. Vivian is, "unofficially", the 13th caretaker of Shaymin Village. Checking those graves is what triggers the event for Shaymin to take you to the Flower Paradise, the first time. Afterwards you can go there anytime, by checking the grave on the nearby, small island.

These maps are also one of the first maps that actually utilize Krista's "Call for Help" ability the most, which allows her to surf on the back of a Wailmer. That said, this special in-game, optional event can only be triggered AFTER you finish the Northern Base and Androids Arc of the game - much like most character specific, optional events like this. Same goes for the swimsuit - you can only have the swimsuit modeling event trigger after you finish the Northern Base and Androids Arc.

d6b78daafc7f71be4b77641d4370193c.png

8aaa4cbd274accfe7b65cc815b8b7f8c.png

c7a0fbefb7d5b44644eab01e33158ad9.png

Update from yesterday included, because new page on this forum post was made and it annoys me whenever that does happen :L

Update: So, I've been kind of sick the past few days, due to dentist visits and having to take some nasty medication that they prescribed to me and shit - which means that I haven't been too much at work on my game. BUT, I have managed to complete several new aspects of my game.

• I've changed the EXP Yields for all the Pokemon in the game to be 3/4th's as much as they once were, due to the game being too easy.
  • The player can now unlock the both beach costumes, in-game, via an event near Horizon City, which involves a photo shoot with all the characters, at the beach.
  • The player can now unlock the Christmas costumes, when the player is able to purchase a house on Freezedry Path, and the characters end up celebrating Christmas early.
  • Northern Base is now accessible, and is the end of the 3rd Arc of the game out of 5. The 4th Arc is the Celestial Island, which is really short, with the final Arc being Next Dimension Tournament and Destiny Outlook.
  • I've refined some programming aspects of the game to make it run smoother, while also adjusting some boss fights to have dialogue in them as well as scripted scenes in those fights.

Also, new artwork for battle damaged Vice, during the Final Boss fight of the game. Yeah, in the final battle Vice gets pretty fucked up.

7c42626465c942aa5221f041e8cab64c-dbja1jt

Also, I can't remember if I already posted this, but Verdant Tales artwork for Vaan vs. Mia:

vaan_versus_mia_by_rialynkv-dbczjtk.png

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Like 1