Verdant Tales: Symphonic Horizon

Dylanrockin

Game Release Date  

394 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like to see my game released?

• In a month?
    • In two months?
    • In three months?
    • Who cares, I just want to play a well-made game!
  2. 2. Who is your favorite character?

3. 3. Would you like Save Points to be the only method of saving?

• Yes
    • No
    • It makes sense, given the very "different nature" of your game, so yes.

Here's a little update on the current ending animation that I've been hard at work at. This showcases all 5 main characters looking over the horizon, but with no Krista(?) If you're wondering why Marissa looks so different, it's because she's wearing her "Next Dimension" clothes that she receives after a battle that changes her appearance and her eyes. During the battle the opponent Drake Kelbourne uses his Roserade to spew Toxic into Marissa's eyes directly, permanently blinding her and making it impossible to direct orders to her Umbreon, because she cannot see. She ends up fainting during the fight with her clothes becoming ragged and battered up with her eyesight completely gone, which then leads Vice to go out and search for the Lunar Harp in the Next Dimension before the next day of the tournament to summon Cresselia to restore Marissa's eyesight. I know @Masquerain likes the idea of Marissa being battered around XD

In doing so her eyes are no longer heterochromatic and are instead purple, which is explained by Cresselia that "the old eyes you once had didn't quite suit you, but blending red and blue together should result in something more fitting to your person. Purple I think fits you quite well; your new eyes should work the same if not better than before."

Also she is given new clothes to reflect her recovered eyesight.

Anyways, here are the animation sketches :D These are individual cells and are in the process of animating. (Also shipping <3)

Sorry to all of you who like Marissa with heterochromia, but for the sake of her character development in the Next Dimension they had to go.

17410025_1425748184165770_1210674700_n_b

17392022_1425748187499103_369437192_n_by

17439538_1425748197499102_764097655_n_by

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

More ending animation progress for those of you who care: still a work in progress.

17505649_1430500720357183_961618946_n_by

There will be several frames of animation for all of the scenes that I have featured here, including the sea and sun animating which is going to be fun to work, I can tell :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mr. Divergent said:

I really adore how intricate and beautiful this game is. I'm really excited for its release, and am expecting that I will enjoy it. :D

Hope you continue to pursue this project and may you have good health to do so. :)

Well, I haven't been on a hiatus from my game, I've just been taking it easy since I'm on Spring Break. I've been working pretty hard as of today, actually ;)

One thing in particular is the script that I wrote for Idle Animations with the characters if you stand still for awhile. I will be showing it off at a later date, but basically it's as the name would imply, after a set amount of time standing still your character will begin doing an idle animation until you press a button. It's little touches like this that give the characters even more personality, which is exactly what I'm going for ;)

On 3/25/2017 at 3:20 PM, Dylanrockin said:

More ending animation progress for those of you who care: still a work in progress.

17505649_1430500720357183_961618946_n_by

There will be several frames of animation for all of the scenes that I have featured here, including the sea and sun animating which is going to be fun to work, I can tell :D 

I herd you liek mudkipz sunsets

bootiful

Because I hate YouTube comments and the idiots who post random shit there that have nothing to do with the video, here's an exclusive, Reborn only update video:

This is an unlisted video, so only you guys can actually view it. Also, I find the comments here to be more on-topic than anything those people could ever make.

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

I just played 1-2 tales of, but this game is 1 of the few I'm waiting for. This because of its, like you stated, complicated or complex story.

And you spriter is very good, all these images are beautiful.

I hope that the verdant transformation isn't too strong, more like useful feature that help in need :)

Edited by ste237

16 minutes ago, ste237 said:

I just played 1-2 tales of, but this game is 1 of the few I'm waiting for. This because of its, like you stated, complicated or complex story.

And you spriter is very good, all these images are beautiful.

I hope that the verdant transformation isn't too strong, more like useful feature that help in need :)

Well, there are loads of videos that you can watch that will answer all of your questions:

• Upvote 1

This fangame is the definition of "amazing." The fact that this was made with rpg maker Xp and the Pokemon Essentials Mod is shocking. From the title screen, we can see how great the quality of this game is. I wish you good luck on this game! Can't wait to play this!

Edited by Electiwirez

So, I've got a bit of an update for ya. First of all, I've got a lot of new programs written for a lot of... neat touches that most people probably won't appreciate, but I probably will, because I'm crazy. But, again, more idle animations have been created, because I love neat touches like that, which give personality to the characters in more ways than just doing a dialogue spew to "show" personality.

I've cleaned up a lot of my code, used some new Methods, Classes and aliased some older methods to make them better suited for the new changes I've made. Especially since I haven't cleaned up that code in like... a month, so there was a lot of Method changes.

Also, progress on the anime ending: I believe I will have it all edited and inserted into the game, in a week or so... Hopefully. It depends, but I've got an exam coming up, and several other crappy projects that I have to do for school, but, at least Summer is right around the corner and I can start building up some income, right?

I'm also thinking about making an update video, but, at the same time... I really hate YouTube and at this point, showing them anything is just gonna have them crawl up shirt asking me for everything that I've ever worked hard for. Personally... I don't want to do that. But at the same time, I'd rather not have these updates be the equivalent to "vapor-ware" without showing for it.

Edited by Dylanrockin

take your time. finish the game. that's it.

I've seen those videos u created on youtube.................man they pack some serious punch

I'll occupy myself with some stuff...........i can wait even 5 years for this 

do i have to??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I'll go into the future, get the game and play it.

So, this isn't much of an update, but it's fun to watch a Skit every now and then, right? I haven't done one of these in awhile, but this Skit basically explains why the Trainers do things themselves, rather than having the Pokemon do things for them. Basically, these Trainers aren't incompetent and useless like ALL of the Pokemon protagonists that have to constantly rely on Pokemon to do the work for them.

PSA From Dylan

When certain-other fan-game developers with a bad rap don't know when to take a hint when you absolutely don't want them around you. I'm the type of person that is pleasant to be around, but when you annoy or piss me off I'm not afraid of telling you outright. There's being a hardcore fan that's endearing to be around and then there's being obnoxious, rude and creepy. Take the hint and respect that person's wishes... I don't want you around me and stop following me everywhere I go. This is why I don't want to have a forum anywhere else, or make facebook/twitter/website, because you get people like this who aren't exactly endearing... Also one reason why I'm not too fond of other fan-games and their developers. That's me being honest and truthful. Learn personal space people; it's not hard. It's even creepier when they find you on Reborn or on deviantART, when you never told anyone about the fact you were there in the first place :L If I blocked you on Twitter or on another site, it was probably because you were annoying and creepy.

Edited by Dylanrockin

Update: For those of you who have yet to see the skit video above, feel free to do so if you wish :) at the moment I have now finished receiving every frame of animation for the ending animation, which means I've got myself some work to do this coming weekend :D 

bfd4c261a6b61bc6dd8e7ee38da83b66-db4xp2v

It very much looks like it's from an anime, and I am very pleased with the results :D If you're wondering "wait, these 6 frames are all the animation there is?" no, all of these specific scenes animate. It's just I wanted to show off specific parts of the ending animation, without showing the actual animation yet. Next week I should have it finished ^^

For those of you new and don't know who the purple-haired woman is, that is Ninetales' human form, which... is exactly just that - it's her human form. If you want to see some of the artwork for these characters you can always feel free to check out my deviantART Groups Page, here:

http://symphonic-horizon.deviantart.com/

We got ourselves a Super Group and just set up our custom page layout, which so far is super awesome and I love it :D 

Edited by Dylanrockin

Update: Androids, in my Pokemon Game? Of course!

17841563_1448717615202160_490111719_n_by

So, this is one of the 2 Android Trainers in the game. Her name is Rae Beckett, a human that was captured by the Dark Fangs, alongside her brother Asche Beckett. They were both extraordinarily powerful Trainers, who were skilled enough to take on high-ranking members of the Dark Fangs, and even somewhat challenge Vincent Burklight many years back. When faced off against Nero, he gave them the chance to join and be Generals, like Craig, Alex, Aria, Reynard and Richter. Of course they turned it down, and were instead forcefully captured and brought to the Northern Base where they were experimented on by Richter Dezel, who slowly converted their Pokemon and human bodies to have modifications done to their body to make them mostly human, but also mostly robot. They are more human than robot, as they still bleed, and can feel emotions, as well as even being able to maintain their personalities from when they were completely human.

This whole conversion has it's ups and downs. First of which is that not only are they Androids but so are their Pokemon, which means they can issue orders without even having to say anything, which in a battle is a huge advantage. Krista is unable to detect them, which posed a huge problem for them in Infinity Mine. Also, they are able to detect the slightest fluctuation in the atmosphere, which means that if say Greninja was to use Shadow Sneak, which is an instantaneous move, they would detect Greninja reappearing and compensate for it quickly.

Rae Beckett herself hates Richter Dezel for the experiments she was forcefully subjected to, and the only reason why her and Asche follow his orders at all, is because if they don't he can kill them at a moment's notice. However, they do find find sport out of hunting Krista and beating down the main cast of characters, as they were in need of a challenge. The downsides to being an Android is the fact that they can be instantly killed, by their creator, and that they are overly-reliant on data that was gathered on the main cast, which leads Asche and Rae to have no prior knowledge of Allan or Hiro as well as their skillsets.

androids??? wow this game is like a full package. yay

the story is all in here. the total story of the game. 1 W3N7 4#34D 1N 71M3 4ND 8R0UG#7 17!!

Spoiler

D0N'7 L00K 47 M3. 1 #4V3 N07H1NG F0R Y0U

6 hours ago, BRS swag said:

androids??? wow this game is like a full package. yay

the story is all in here. the total story of the game. 1 W3N7 4#34D 1N 71M3 4ND 8R0UG#7 17!!

Hide contents

D0N'7 L00K 47 M3. 1 #4V3 N07H1NG F0R Y0U

Well, they're not straight-up robots XD And what do you mean by the total story of the game?

nothing.....it's just to fool the people who would try to check the spoiler tag i've put.

the statement came out randomly. I know ur game will have an epic story and I'm waiting for it to get released.

Just to play around. the spoiler tags always look like a chest of gold. it would be nice to have nothing in it to try n fool anyone here.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:21 AM, BRS swag said:

nothing.....it's just to fool the people who would try to check the spoiler tag i've put.

the statement came out randomly. I know ur game will have an epic story and I'm waiting for it to get released.

Just to play around. the spoiler tags always look like a chest of gold. it would be nice to have nothing in it to try n fool anyone here.

I see, well chances are most people tend to avoid reading my text-heavy posts anyways, in fear of spoilers, because I am too lazy to use a spoiler tag and people say to me "why or how is this character, such and such" is mostly the reason why I don't use the spoiler tag.

Also, to all the other readers, here is Rae's official design:

rae_beckett_by_rialynkv-db5as6y.png

The lack of any pupils is intentional, to show that she is an Android. Her and her brother both have pupil-less eyes, as it is a key distinguishing feature to them.

Also, as an added update, I will be showing off a new video, in relation to a rather cool project that I've been working on, along with the Anime Ending sequence that I've been talking about for awhile. The only thing stopping me from animating those scenes is a few visual quirks and awaiting some extra frames of animation. But, just as a heads up, there be cool stuff to look forward to in the near future!

Edited by Dylanrockin
  • Upvote 1

You are building a pretty diverse cast right there.

Sad to say i'm one of those people that avoid reading your spoiler-heavy texts on your characters , because i get a much better immersion by learning everything about them by playing through the game. Which means ...  well.. future stuff xD

20 minutes ago, DemICE said:

You are building a pretty diverse cast right there.

Sad to say i'm one of those people that avoid reading your spoiler-heavy texts on your characters , because i get a much better immersion by learning everything about them by playing through the game. Which means ...  well.. future stuff xD

Well, at the point in the story that I'm at now, I'm currently up to ~40, original characters or so. I'm too lazy to check, but the last time I did I was pretty close to that number, and it's only gonna get closer to there soon.

And yeah, that's fine too, but as this is technically a blog I do post things in a text dump, not just for my readers, but for myself as well. Sometimes when there is something that isn't in my stupidly long script file and I get a writers strike, I can always refer back to what I wrote on the forum post as a good reference to whatever it was that I mentioned. Also I'm just too lazy to actually use the spoiler tag, because chances are people still won't read a 400+ word post on here anyways, unless their immensely curious and don't care about spoilers. ( I know one person who commented on the Vice vs. Allan video was a total smart-ass about me putting "spoilers" in the title of the video with him saying he'd forget what he saw and read anyways :P )