Things that you DONT like on Pokemon Reborn.

Karyuudan

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An NPC in Beryl mentions how she's almost 10, cute as a button and moody.

I just don't like the concept of a 9 year old child being among the elite of all trainers in the region. I mean she'd have to be a trainer of godly ability to be that good at 9.

She said herself that Corey doesn't even want her battling yet.

And learning from a young age means nothing considering she's still that young age. If she were a teen it'd make sense at least.

Also Corey "talented"? Pfff...

Yes, elite 4 at age 9 is UNTHINKABLE!

It's not like anyone from the main games became League Champion at age 10, right?

So really this just means that the estabilished lore we're working with shows that it's possible (especially considering the said main character in theory learned everything during the one-year trip he made) for someone to be something much greater than E4 at an only slightly older age.

Yes, elite 4 at age 9 is UNTHINKABLE!

It's not like anyone from the main games became League Champion at age 10, right?

So really this just means that the estabilished lore we're working with shows that it's possible (especially considering the said main character in theory learned everything during the one-year trip he made) for someone to be something much greater than E4 at an only slightly older age.

Red is 11.

You only get good at Pokemon when you reach the double digits

It's in the Pokemon Trainer handbook

Plus she could have easily burst out of Blake's "prison" save me the bother

I think she didn't have her pokémon?

I don't remember correctly, really. But probably.

Then again she is childish enough to just throw a tantrum

Every princess needs rescuing every now and then and whatnot

She had her Salamance.

I'm playing that part now and she uses her salamance along with Shelly's Yanmega to break a door.

I want whoever builds doors in this game to get a medal at the end of it

I'm playing that part now and she uses her salamance along with Shelly's Yanmega to break a door.

well sounds like salamence alone wasn't enough then

I figure structures in the pokémon universe must be fairly resilient somehow

well sounds like salamence alone wasn't enough then

I figure structures in the pokémon universe must be fairly resilient somehow

And a weaker magmortar could? Sounds a bit fishy.

I think you just spoiled a major choice in your nuzlocke (unless you do 2 runs at the same time).

well going by that way, the door is presumably a sturdy variation of steel, which is resistant to most things but steel can be melt by fire. magmortar used fire. sooooooooooooooo

I think you just spoiled a major choice in your nuzlocke (unless you do 2 runs at the same time).

the biggest spoiler of all this is that he didn't wipe out at charlotte :D

Edited by Jericho

Perhaps there wasn't enough space in that room to fit a Salamence in? It was really small, iirc.
Speaking of young people, there's still Anna, who some rumour to be the Champion/E4-member, who is probably around the same age. And she grew up in the orphanage, not really a place where you can practice battling a lot either.

Perhaps there wasn't enough space in that room to fit a Salamence in? It was really small, iirc.

Speaking of young people, there's still Anna, who some rumour to be the Champion/E4-member, who is probably around the same age. And she grew up in the orphanage, not really a place where you can practice battling a lot either.

She's WHAT???

I thought it'd be Amethyst...

Or my other theory that Amethyst is Lin and we'd have to pull a Scooby doo on her

And a weaker magmortar could? Sounds a bit fishy.

I mean, it was a joke, so yes

even a pichu could

they're stronk

it was probably a door coated in specific anti-salamence material

Heather's age in and of itself isn't too unusual in the Pokemon universe considering there's, what, how many 10-15 year olds who've taken down entire crime syndicates, catch legendaries, and become champion. But, unlike other ten-year-old champs, Heather is demonstrated to act her age for the most part -- and that's not someone I'd want to see in such a high position as E4.

I used to really dislike her, but she's grown on me a bit after the events in Ametrine. It was actually easier for me to accept her position after she's been shown some self-reflection and maturity, where before it was like she was taking a joy ride on a Salamence and yelling at everyone. Anna and Noel are young too, but Noel is explicitly described as a prodigy, and Anna has some mystical psychic voodoo going on with her. It's more reasonable for them to be more worldly.

If anything, what really bugs me is how the orphanage crew (especially Laura and Saphira) managed to have such high positions despite them being locked up in an orphanage for presumably years. Recent episodes try to address this by having a gym in the orphanage, but if Dr. Connal never let them battle, then wouldn't the League address that somehow? Either by telling Connal to fuck off and let them do their jobs, or if he won't cave, then give the gym/E4 positions to someone else?

I don't know how long they were locked up in there, but forget keeping their positions, how were they able to raise any Pokemon at all? iir the fire at Charlotte and co.'s home happened when they were fairly young, when Charlotte's Ninetails was still a Vulpix. If Connal kept their Pokemon locked up, how did any of them find the time to train their Pokemon? How can they be so powerful despite their circumstances?

• Global Mods

Recent episodes try to address this by having a gym in the orphanage, but if Dr. Connal never let them battle, then wouldn't the League address that somehow? Either by telling Connal to fuck off and let them do their jobs, or if he won't cave, then give the gym/E4 positions to someone else?

If you talk to the machine outside the arena that the gym guide has been replaced with, Ame says she didn't know Sigmund wasn't letting Noel battle and that she'd have to talk to him about it because it wasn't part of the deal.

If you talk to the machine outside the arena that the gym guide has been replaced with, Ame says she didn't know Sigmund wasn't letting Noel battle and that she'd have to talk to him about it because it wasn't part of the deal.

I know, but how long had this been going on? Surely the League would've noticed much sooner, whether by regular league inspections on the leaders (why wouldn't they keep in contact?) or by enough trainers complaining they can't battle certain gym leaders. And there's still the matter of how if they weren't able to battle all this time, how they were able to train their Pokemon to be so strong and have such a high rank.

I know, but how long had this been going on? Surely the League would've noticed much sooner, whether by regular league inspections on the leaders (why wouldn't they keep in contact?) or by enough trainers complaining they can't battle certain gym leaders. And there's still the matter of how if they weren't able to battle all this time, how they were able to train their Pokemon to be so strong and have such a high rank.

They might've been a little busy...y'know, team meteor activity and rebuilding city and stuff...might have some priority.

Connal might've become more strict over time (after certain events), plus challenges for badges. Not a lot, but perhaps enough for a prodigy.

In my case is Route 1/Adventurine Woods. Oh the the time I spent riding tauros, beating bouffalants, putting honey on trees, going back and forth justo to get something I forgot...

I almost began to reflect on my life choices until that point before the appearance of that wild tauros that takes you to the other side of the route, that made me almost cry in joy.

Oh, and the damn glasses for the sticker sidequest, that thing is really hard to find.

And also the fact that I couldn't burn that place to the ground.

Edited by pyroice

Oh yeah, the way to clear the path to get a Heracross/Pinsir and recovering the lost Glasses is way too difficult. That was the only "puzzle" in the whole game I despised. If you can even call it a puzzle, it was more like busywork.

Oh yeah, the way to clear the path to get a Heracross/Pinsir and recovering the lost Glasses is way too difficult. That was the only "puzzle" in the whole game I despised. If you can even call it a puzzle, it was more like busywork.

Yeah, everytime I start a new run It always comes in my mind:

Mind:"So, let's play from start again, huh?"

Me:"Yeah, It will be fun and-"

Mind:"You do realize, you will have to get the dpto. store stickers again, right?"

Me:"Oh...It's okay, they're not that hard to ge-"

Mind:"The glasses too."

Me:*Breaks down and cry while asking why*

Edited by pyroice