Pokemon Genesis

Making teams is easy and takes little to no skill. Making unique teams and memorable ones is another story. I think I hit myself against the wall when making a defensive Heliolisk for Julia. I believe I had to change the moveset eight different times before it'd work like it's supposed to. I suggest you get very familiar with AI mechanics and debug mode because you are going to be spending a lot more time then you think working kinks out of the leaders.

I can help with team designs, but I prefer giving leaders gimmicks then the strongest possible Pokemon they can have. Even with the hardcore mod, I didn't ever really pick what I knew was the strongest, but thought of curveballs to throw people off guard. But yeah if your ever stuck in a wall, just bother me and I probably can think of something.

Story is supposedly something I could help on, but usually I like to let people do their own thing only giving small suggestions. I don't know how much you have done, but from what I've seen you've got a pretty good idea what to do. I wish there was more I could do, but I'm still trying to learn all this stuff which takes time. (I'll likely pick up the game when Version 1 is out...so I don't know too much about this game so far).

That's really nice of you, thanks! I'll let you know when I need any help.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making teams is easy and takes little to no skill. Making unique teams and memorable ones is another story. I think I hit myself against the wall when making a defensive Heliolisk for Julia. I believe I had to change the moveset eight different times before it'd work like it's supposed to. I suggest you get very familiar with AI mechanics and debug mode because you are going to be spending a lot more time then you think working kinks out of the leaders.

I can help with team designs, but I prefer giving leaders gimmicks then the strongest possible Pokemon they can have. Even with the hardcore mod, I didn't ever really pick what I knew was the strongest, but thought of curveballs to throw people off guard. But yeah if your ever stuck in a wall, just bother me and I probably can think of something.

Story is supposedly something I could help on, but usually I like to let people do their own thing only giving small suggestions. I don't know how much you have done, but from what I've seen you've got a pretty good idea what to do. I wish there was more I could do, but I'm still trying to learn all this stuff which takes time. (I'll likely pick up the game when Version 1 is out...so I don't know too much about this game so far).

Yeah what i was thinking of doing was learning the kind of person the gym leader is and picking the main pokemon off of that and the type.

Example:

i made up this one

an elegant lady that is calm and loves flowers.

roserade or liligant would be her main poke and i can put some other pokes like bellosom, leafeon, etc.

and i think i will be fine figuring out gimicks.

Yeah what i was thinking of doing was learning the kind of person the gym leader is and picking the main pokemon off of that and the type.

Example:

i made up this one

an elegant lady that is calm and loves flowers.

roserade or liligant would be her main poke and i can put some other pokes like bellosom, leafeon, etc.

and i think i will be fine figuring out gimicks.

You say those things and you don't even mention Ludicolo...or Cherrim. Sun or Rain is pretty much a good use for a grass team to make sure a fire type won't 100% sweep a grass gym. Since you want to use flowers, most of them benefit from the sun (usually speed). Bulkier Pokemon prefer the rain as it cancels out the fire weakness. If you try to work with both, the team will be much, much weaker.

You say those things and you don't even mention Ludicolo...or Cherrim. Sun or Rain is pretty much a good use for a grass team to make sure a fire type won't 100% sweep a grass gym. Since you want to use flowers, most of them benefit from the sun (usually speed). Bulkier Pokemon prefer the rain as it cancels out the fire weakness. If you try to work with both, the team will be much, much weaker.

I wasnt trying with that team.

Ill make a team right now give me a few minutes ill be back.

Making perfectly crafted teams 100% of the time isn't important, most of the help will be in just making minor trainers. When we get into bosses, leaders, and rivals then yes, having a strategically built team is very important. I'm not remotely good when it comes to this so I'll be happy to get help from both of you.

• Developers

If you want some helping with eventing I wouldn't mind lending a hand. Like if there's some game situation you're not entireeely sure how to make you could pm me a script and I could try and make it happen ^_^

I could make some maps too, I posted some examples on the first page of this thread. Yes, third gen, yada yada, if you want I can show you some fifth gen creations. But I wouldn't mind making a few maps for you.

Edited by Caz

If you want some helping with eventing I wouldn't mind lending a hand. Like if there's some game situation you're not entireeely sure how to make you could pm me a script and I could try and make it happen ^_^

I could make some maps too, I posted some examples on the first page of this thread. Yes, third gen, yada yada, if you want I can show you some fifth gen creations. But I wouldn't mind making a few maps for you.

Awesome, your help would be much appreciated.

--

A general update for everyone, I've been talking with a buddy of mine who is into scripting (though he's not very familiar with rgss) and after some brainstorming we thought up a new feature that hopefully I can include in a future update. It's essentially a complete overhaul of Pokemon Contests, closer to the anime in their style and structure.

That's about all I can tell you for now, since it's not even in development yet. More details soon. But hopefully we'll implement it eventually. I was just really excited to put this out now, so yep! Excitement!

Edited by Sunbean

Awesome, your help would be much appreciated.

--

A general update for everyone, I've been talking with a buddy of mine who is into scripting (though he's not very familiar with rgss) and after some brainstorming we thought up a new feature that hopefully I can include in a future update. It's essentially a complete overhaul of Pokemon Contests, closer to the anime in their style and structure.

That's about all I can tell you for now, since it's not even in development yet. More details But hopefully we'll implement it eventually. I was just really excited to put this out now, so yep! Excitement!

HELL YES!

Hey, I dont know if you would like to but i thought of a good idea for a character, a memorable one at that. I was thinking of a Gem maniac (like a miner, or those scientists looking for fossils, but for gems and stones and stuff like that) that would give you stones for beating him in certain locations (anything from oval stone to dusk stones to eviolites.)

Gem Maniac Marcos(you could change the name if you would like)

Pokemon: Mawile,(a big part of the character/ Can in much later episodes hopefully mega evolve)

Sableye,(negotiable)

Nosepass,(Aesthetic and mostly just there for the image of an explorer)

Sandslash,( I put him on the team because i thought of an idea for an event you could do, where you could put a pokeball in a forest somewhere as bait for a trap with a sign that says "free leaf stone ahead" or something and have the player be jumped by a sandslash that comes down from a tree and knocks the trainer out as he goes for the bait. This is because Sandslash are known to be good climbers and ambush its prey sometimes)

Swampert, (Also there for the characters image, for example, searching underwater caves and avoiding dangerous weather.)

Gigalith, (Aesthetic as well, for lighting up dark caves and stuff like that.)

P.S. I know that balancing is a thing one must do, so it does sound reasonable to gradually introduce this team.

First intro: "I haven't seen you around here before. Did you come for my Treasures?"

First outro: "If you wanted some so badly you could have just begged."

P.S.S. I say first cause this is only the first meeting, there would be other events, so different dialouge.

A little bit of character( its not me, i swear.....no, seriously): He is a little serious, but has a great sense of humor. His jokes are hit and miss. Is a Big flirt but doesn't handle Genuine romantic feelings from others with a calm or suave demeanor. He is also a bit DEVIOUS ( which is why mawile is his signature pokemon).

AND thats all i got so far, but if you choose to use this i'm sure you could do some Great things to it. I have a bit of knowledge and experience when it comes to character creation and things like that, so hit me up if you would like ^.^~.

Wait, wut? Contests? Anime Contests? In a fangame??

...You have my everlasting approval.

I appreciate your approval. <3

Hey, I dont know if you would like to but i thought of a good idea for a character, a memorable one at that. I was thinking of a Gem maniac (like a miner, or those scientists looking for fossils, but for gems and stones and stuff like that) that would give you stones for beating him in certain locations (anything from oval stone to dusk stones to eviolites.)

Gem Maniac Marcos(you could change the name if you would like)

Pokemon: Mawile,(a big part of the character/ Can in much later episodes hopefully mega evolve)

Sableye,(negotiable)

Nosepass,(Aesthetic and mostly just there for the image of an explorer)

Sandslash,( I put him on the team because i thought of an idea for an event you could do, where you could put a pokeball in a forest somewhere as bait for a trap with a sign that says "free leaf stone ahead" or something and have the player be jumped by a sandslash that comes down from a tree and knocks the trainer out as he goes for the bait. This is because Sandslash are known to be good climbers and ambush its prey sometimes)

Swampert, (Also there for the characters image, for example, searching underwater caves and avoiding dangerous weather.)

Gigalith, (Aesthetic as well, for lighting up dark caves and stuff like that.)

P.S. I know that balancing is a thing one must do, so it does sound reasonable to gradually introduce this team.

First intro: "I haven't seen you around here before. Did you come for my Treasures?"

First outro: "If you wanted some so badly you could have just begged."

P.S.S. I say first cause this is only the first meeting, there would be other events, so different dialouge.

A little bit of character( its not me, i swear.....no, seriously): He is a little serious, but has a great sense of humor. His jokes are hit and miss. Is a Big flirt but doesn't handle Genuine romantic feelings from others with a calm or suave demeanor. He is also a bit DEVIOUS ( which is why mawile is his signature pokemon).

AND thats all i got so far, but if you choose to use this i'm sure you could do some Great things to it. I have a bit of knowledge and experience when it comes to character creation and things like that, so hit me up if you would like ^.^~.

Awesome character, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait...

Which protagonist is which gender? I had a brainfart and thought you'd only put one gender of protagonist in the game, so I voted for my own :P Gotta fix that... The middle one looks the best in my opinion, but the one on the bottom has a cute overworld sprite.

Do we also get a choice between all of the starters we're voting for? (I really, really dislike the Sinnoh starters, which are heavily in the lead... Torterra is okay, I guess...)

• Global Mods

Wait...

Which protagonist is which gender? I had a brainfart and thought you'd only put one gender of protagonist in the game, so I voted for my own :P Gotta fix that... The middle one looks the best in my opinion, but the one on the bottom has a cute overworld sprite.

Do we also get a choice between all of the starters we're voting for? (I really, really dislike the Sinnoh starters, which are heavily in the lead... Torterra is okay, I guess...)

idk if it's final, but in the alpha that was shown a few weeks ago, you could choose any Gen 1-5 starter by interacting with its final evolution.

Wait...

The middle one is the gender neutral player. :) I haven't yet posted any screenshots with their overworld, but it's my favorite one.

---

In related news, I should have some screens up later today, as well as a new character and the Ion portrait. :D

how come i never saw this earlier it looks GOOD-

relationship system? interesting.

Thank you! I haven't revealed any of the relationship system, but I will soon. It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. ;)

-----

Update!

Some new screens, showing off the VS screens I finally got around to finishing, lol!

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

screen5.png

And a new minor character, Remus. She's a ranger who has good connections, so she'll be helping you out occasionally.

Remus.png

----

I'm finishing up the Xtrans script, so look out for screens of it in action later this week. :)

Oh wow nice graphics, good story, non traditional but in a good way,nice trainers,oh and did i mention the graphics, but....POKEMON FOLLOW YOU !!! havent seen that in forever.. or atleast a few months atleast, anyway i can beta test if u need me to but my comp is very very very bad so i wont know whats my comp or the game.

Oh wow nice graphics, good story, non traditional but in a good way,nice trainers,oh and did i mention the graphics, but....POKEMON FOLLOW YOU !!! havent seen that in forever.. or atleast a few months atleast, anyway i can beta test if u need me to but my comp is very very very bad so i wont know whats my comp or the game.

Thank you! I'll add you to the list of beta testers, though it may be a while. :)

Par for the course is usually considered a bad thing, but not when pumping out quality work like this!

Lol, I was excited to share the new area. Thanks! :D

Also, 100 posts! Yaay!

Edited by Sunbean