Pokemon Genesis

This could actually be very helpful. The game currently has animated battle sprites; we might need to return to static that if they lag too much on slower computers.

Yes, that's a good idea. I was going to end up testing it on a library computer myself but it'd be helpful to get someone with a low range computer to try it out. Hopefully there won't be any issues.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. I'm looking forward to playing this as soon as it is available to be played. I can't wait to see what new Gym Leaders I can battle and defeat and what new Pokémon (if there are custom-made Pokémon that are to be added to the game) I will be able to encounter, battle and capture. New events, in-game, would be a plus.

Hey. I'm looking forward to playing this as soon as it is available to be played. I can't wait to see what new Gym Leaders I can battle and defeat and what new Pokémon (if there are custom-made Pokémon that are to be added to the game) I will be able to encounter, battle and capture. New events, in-game, would be a plus.

There won't be fakemon, but definitely some modified forms of Pokemon. Thanks!

Hello Sunbean.

I checked out your updates and overall game and it's looking like everything is coming along very nicely and I was wondering if you still need some of those current positions help.

I was wondering when it comes to storyboards, what would you like the person helping to do? I think I would be good at team building because I have been doing it quite frequently recently so what help would you need for that if you still need that kind of help. :D

Thanks for seeing this and have a great day/night.

Hello Sunbean.

I checked out your updates and overall game and it's looking like everything is coming along very nicely and I was wondering if you still need some of those current positions help.

I was wondering when it comes to storyboards, what would you like the person helping to do? I think I would be good at team building because I have been doing it quite frequently recently so what help would you need for that if you still need that kind of help. :D

Thanks for seeing this and have a great day/night.

Hello! Right now I'm only looking for help with scripting, otherwise I'm not looking for more team members. Thanks for offering to help, though. :)

---

In other news, I am finishing off a big chunk of the game and we're officially more than halfway to the first release. I've been pushing it back a bit, but right now I can say that if all goes smoothly a beta will be ready by November. :)

Edited by Sunbean

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Updated the first post and title to reflect changes in the project. I know it's a like completely new game now but I don't see the point in making a new post when most of the assets are the same! I'll be uploading new screenshots tomorrow. :)

Huh. I completely forgot about this. Apparently, I was impressed enough with this to follow it, so I'm interested to see how the game looks now.

Hehe, it has been a year so that's understandable. :P

Feel free to not answer if it's not supposed to be known yet, but is Elise Lenora's daughter? . o . They look similar, they're both from Unova, and both have an interest in science.

She is!

• 3 weeks later...

just a little update to keep this thread alive, I'm working on portraits for the gender select screen. still a wip but...

portraits.png

I had a fun time making them, just modified the punk trainer sprites by naphae on DA and it worked out pretty well so far. Next will be the GN character.

edit: Updated image to show some minor improvements.

Edited by Sunbean

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to post a little something I've been considering, which is making the sprites Gen 4 instead.

screen_1.png

screen_2.png

Not decided yet because I have done quite a few gen 5 sprites already, but I feel that gen 4 might fit the tiles a bit more, with the gen 5 sprites it seemed almost like the player character was a bit too tall for their surroundings.

Also, there's a bit of a sneak peek at the PC's house, which you'll find yourself actually visiting pretty often!

That said, I would love to hear thoughts, and look forward to sharing more.

Wanted to post a little something I've been considering, which is making the sprites Gen 4 instead.

screen_1.png

screen_2.png

Not decided yet because I have done quite a few gen 5 sprites already, but I feel that gen 4 might fit the tiles a bit more, with the gen 5 sprites it seemed almost like the player character was a bit too tall for their surroundings.

Also, there's a bit of a sneak peek at the PC's house, which you'll find yourself actually visiting pretty often!

That said, I would love to hear thoughts, and look forward to sharing more.

It looks great so far :) I love the room design, and am curious as to why we will be visiting so often (for healing up or other mysteries?)

Here's a map of the first town you will be visiting in Atora, if you'd all like to see it.

ee3a56519c03d75cf24e6a705c91cb17.png

Also, a bit of an alternate look to the fem protagonist I thought up while working on the artwork... (very large image sorry!!)

EPSON001.jpg

Something else I'd like to announce, I'll be opening up beta testing for episode one in mid-late October, and depending on how that goes can push the release from December to November, finger crossed. I expect the release will be December, though. I'll be needing only a few people so just message me if you're interested.

Edited by Sunbean

2c1a77f3e6799418154267567edcd70b.png

Sorry to keep spamming posts in a row, but today's update are the three Pokemon you'll choose as a starter. Still considering whether to go for Numel or Magby but for now it's Numel. :)

Last update for a while. The next one will be in December when the game is ready~

Few misc. screenshots! Sorry about the random color glitches, my gif maker is pretty shit.

screen1.gif

screen2.gif

screen4.gif

screen3.gif

Edited by Sunbean

• 2 weeks later...

Fem protagonist is WONDERFUL AAAAH

I love the features you planned, I can't wait to see the final release :D In fact, just the other day I was wondering "What if, instead of going back to the Pokecenter and trying again after you lose a fight, you just continued on with the story?" And then this happened ^-^

Although I have to ask, what exactly does a "Game Over" entail? Do you start over from your last save point, or do you have to start from the very beginning O_O"