Pokemon Genesis

yooo! hey! i havent checked this game in a couple of weeks.. and when i finished looking through all the stuff (in this thread) about the game...i was blown away!!!

moving pokemon, baller title screen, overall polished game!!!

props to you less, for making a baller game!

ps: i would be happy to alpha/beta test for bugs and stuff :P

derp didnt see download link

enjoy your day!

Edited by Sinikuro013

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't so much as a demo, Octy, as it was an alpha release. I understand that it was only temporarily made public so anyone interested could help test it for bugs. The full Episode 1 is not going to be out for a while, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Please refer to the OP for more information on the game, including its predicted release date. Sunbean's pretty good at keeping it up to date.

Edited by Anvilicious

I went to play the demo, and the link doesn't work. Will there be a new link for the future?

Like Anvilicious said, it's just an alpha build, and am sending them privately. It will be some time until the first episode is out, so hold tight! :)

I'm recruiting people with knowledge of spriting, mapping, scripting, etc. once again! If anyone would like to contribute, let me know! I'm also willing to commission anyone with knowledge of animating Pokemon sprites to create some fakemon concepts I have planned.

Also, I see some people have started accepting user-made trainers, and I thought I would jump on board with this as well. to an extent. If anyone wants to create a high-level trainer (anything but gym leaders, sorry) or just an original character to be featured in the story, let me know. :)

I'll just copy-pasta what I put into Desolation's own thread of what I could be. In this case, I'll change the mons if you want me to show the difference between the two trainers.

"If there is a Slacker/Lazy Trainer Sprite I'm all for it, but I guess I'll go for Ace Trainer (can be mid-late game. Also, I could help out the player by giving useful tips if they beat me throughout the game as my own team progresses)

Ace Trainer/ Simon

Mudkip -> Swampert

Aron -> Aggron

Ralts->Gardevoir

Intro/Spotted: Hey! Beat me and I'll give you a helpful hint!

Defeat: Oh, well. Guess I'll give you the hint."

I'll just copy-pasta what I put into Desolation's own thread of what I could be. In this case, I'll change the mons if you want me to show the difference between the two trainers.

"If there is a Slacker/Lazy Trainer Sprite I'm all for it, but I guess I'll go for Ace Trainer (can be mid-late game. Also, I could help out the player by giving useful tips if they beat me throughout the game as my own team progresses)

Ace Trainer/ Simon

Mudkip -> Swampert

Aron -> Aggron

Ralts->Gardevoir

Intro/Spotted: Hey! Beat me and I'll give you a helpful hint!

Defeat: Oh, well. Guess I'll give you the hint."

Awesome, thanks!

---

Side note, if any alpha testers want to show off their team so far, that would be cool. There's ONE Pokemon in particular I seem to not be able to find on my playthrough... c:

Pokemon Trainer Penelope

Lopunny

Gardevoir/Kirlia

Medicham

(And maybe Nidoqueen/Nidorina)

Spotted: Girl Power!

Defeated: Oh no.. i broke a nail...

If you find the defeated quote sexist/racist then i could think of something else.

Haha, no! It's fine. Thanks!

To add onto Jam's post, you can actually walk around in the black areas and once you exit the PokeCenter, you're either on the door itself or above it.

Also, there was a bit of tile errors in the beginning where you could walk onto and stand onto ledges when you normally couldn't.

To add onto Jam's post, you can actually walk around in the black areas and once you exit the PokeCenter, you're either on the door itself or above it.

Also, there was a bit of tile errors in the beginning where you could walk onto and stand onto ledges when you normally couldn't.

Yep, I found the Poke Center error myself and it has been fixed! I'm making the player automatically move down/up when exiting and entering since I can't prevent the glitch otherwise for some reason.

Found the ledge issue, thanks for pointing that out!

Looks good so far for the 1st Route. The only other bugs I encountered was one where I could walk through the signs and a certain ledge that allowed you to walk immediately up to the entrance of the cave. I'll leave the image of it in a spoiler as well as my current team in another.

EDIT: Just realized I saw a random Repel sprite on the ground that didn't work. Not sure what it was for but yea xD

7uc5RD6.png

Bpa9l0b.png

Was the mon you were talking about was either Petilil or Yanma? I couldn't encounter either unfortunately :T

Looks good so far for the 1st Route. The only other bugs I encountered was one where I could walk through the signs and a certain ledge that allowed you to walk immediately up to the entrance of the cave. I'll leave the image of it in a spoiler as well as my current team in another.

EDIT: Just realized I saw a random Repel sprite on the ground that didn't work. Not sure what it was for but yea xD

7uc5RD6.png

Bpa9l0b.png

Was the mon you were talking about was either Petilil or Yanma? I couldn't encounter either unfortunately :T

It's Petlil I haven't been able to find so far, yep.

Im not the best at competitive battling but im confident i can make teams for gym leader or major characters if you still need assistance with that stuff

I do, thanks! I'll PM you soon.

hmm... ive been looking all over for a volbeat or an illumise for that old lady in the first town...

does she give anything if you show her?

other than that... i reallllly want a vulpix or a good fire type on my team >~<

You can get Volbeat or Illumise in the forest the next town over, so that mini quest is unbeatable for now, as are all the other ones. And yes, you'll get something for your trouble. :>

Worry not, Vulpix will be obtainable in the first episode along with plenty of other fire types eventually.

Edited by Sunbean

Im not the best at competitive battling but im confident i can make teams for gym leader or major characters if you still need assistance with that stuff

Making teams is easy and takes little to no skill. Making unique teams and memorable ones is another story. I think I hit myself against the wall when making a defensive Heliolisk for Julia. I believe I had to change the moveset eight different times before it'd work like it's supposed to. I suggest you get very familiar with AI mechanics and debug mode because you are going to be spending a lot more time then you think working kinks out of the leaders.

I can help with team designs, but I prefer giving leaders gimmicks then the strongest possible Pokemon they can have. Even with the hardcore mod, I didn't ever really pick what I knew was the strongest, but thought of curveballs to throw people off guard. But yeah if your ever stuck in a wall, just bother me and I probably can think of something.

Story is supposedly something I could help on, but usually I like to let people do their own thing only giving small suggestions. I don't know how much you have done, but from what I've seen you've got a pretty good idea what to do. I wish there was more I could do, but I'm still trying to learn all this stuff which takes time. (I'll likely pick up the game when Version 1 is out...so I don't know too much about this game so far).