Pokemon Genesis

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be up for beta testing, if you need anyone. :)

This game looks really promising!

Thanks! And sure!

Update

Version Progress: ~20%

I expect an alpha will be out next weekend, mostly to test the map tiles and battle difficulty.

Also... the gender neutral player portraits are here!

gn.png

I really really like pink hair ok

Some new screenshots of a new feature I managed to get to work... :) Credits to Help-14 for the original script, and zingzags, Rayd12smitty, and venom12 for added functionality. There are still some glitches, haha.

screen1.gif

screen3.gif

screen4.gif

Edited by Sunbean

Some new screenshots of a new feature I managed to get to work... :) Credits to Help-14 for the original script, and zingzags, Rayd12smitty, and venom12 for added functionality. There are still some glitches, haha.

screen1.gif

screen3.gif

screen4.gif

Here's the modified menu I'm working on, credit to shiney570 for the original script. Note that the Options Button is blank. Selecting it will crash the game, I'm working to solve this issue but I expect it won't be working in v1.0 (By the way, if anyone with scripting experience can help me with the issue, I'd be much obliged.)

screen6.png

Ame you need to watch and learn from this person. them graphics tho

On the one hand I want to say, "This looks so awesome!", but on the other hand I feel like that might be a little arrogant.

So... even WITHOUT the stuff I helped with, this looks really, really cool. ^_^

Of course! I forgot to mention the wonderful outdoor maps you see in the screens were made by Anvilicious! I'll add you to the credits. :)

Ame you need to watch and learn from this person. them graphics tho

Pish posh, Reborn's graphics are just as good if not better!

Reborn's tiles are of a different generation, anyway, and I doubt Ame would just remake every map to use these tiles. I do prefer Gen 5 tiles, but they're harder to find, and my spriting abilities are terribad, so I probably won't be able to make my own....

Glad to see so much progress, Sunbean~

Reborn's tiles are of a different generation, anyway, and I doubt Ame would just remake every map to use these tiles. I do prefer Gen 5 tiles, but they're harder to find, and my spriting abilities are terribad, so I probably won't be able to make my own....

Glad to see so much progress, Sunbean~

Yes, the older tiles have a huge amount of work done with them so there's a lot of variation with them. Gen 5 is severely lacking, but we're all working to have more out there for everyone. :)

Also a good compromise are DP and HGSS tilesets. You can find plenty to work with on those. If you ever need help with anything let me know, my offer still stands, I'm always up for spriting. ^^

but the walking animation and the bushes and the menu...so beautiful

Thank you! Comments like these make me really happy. ;w;

Edited by Sunbean

This is really something i like. I'm already exicted of playing the game.

Hope you can make the game really unique with both story, character personality and many things.

Thanks! I'll do my best!

Believe me, there are big plans for the story...

Yes... :ph34r:

A side note I forgot to mention, the graphical glitches you see in the gifs aren't from the game itself but the capture software I use messing with the gif quality. None of that shows up in game!

Edited by Sunbean