Pokemon Genesis

Automatically seeing Vulpix made this game 1000% better! *runs*

But I am really excited the more I see progress made with this game! These graphics are really beautiful too.

Thank you!

I love Vulpix as well! They'll be available pretty early in the game via special event.

This brings up a general question for everyone. Which Pokemon are you hoping to see in Episode 1? I'm still working on the list of obtainable Pokemon, and it's kinda hard to figure out a balance between suitable Pokemon for a certain skill level and Pokemon that people want to see. Add to that the fact that the options span five (possibly six) generations and I'm freaking out a little. :P

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel generous, so I'll share a little insider information about the first wild Pokemon you'll encounter:

Route 1 is occupied by nothing but level 100 Gothitelles that always have the ability Shadow Tag; their only known moves are Recycle and Rest. Also, everything on Route 1 has a 100% chance of holding a Leppa Berry.

I feel generous, so I'll share a little insider information about the first wild Pokemon you'll encounter:

Route 1 is occupied by nothing but level 100 Gothitelles that always have the ability Shadow Tag; their only known moves are Recycle and Rest. Also, everything on Route 1 has a 100% chance of holding a Leppa Berry.

Pff, talk about a difficulty spike. :D

As long as I can get a Vulpix early, I'll be content. Eevee would be pushing it a bit, so just Vulpix.

Well, you'll definitely get Vulpix early on,

though you might end up finding it difficult to do.

Eevee probably won't be available until episode three or so.

EDIT: Oh, and GOOD NEWS!

The menu script is now fully working! :D With that out of the way, the scripts are all just about done~

Edited by Sunbean

I'm super late on this, but those screenshots look pretty hype. I haven't heard of one fangame that has made Pokemon able to follow you around. Is that the first city you're walking around in? It kind of looks like Aspertia City from B2/W2.

This looks so awesome, 5th gen are beautiful ash. Good luck on this, id love to play it!

Thanks, I hope you will enjoy it!

Woohoo! Good job on the menu fix. I'm glad you got it working.

I spoke with the creator of the script and they found the issue. :)

I'm super late on this, but those screenshots look pretty hype. I haven't heard of one fangame that has made Pokemon able to follow you around. Is that the first city you're walking around in? It kind of looks like Aspertia City from B2/W2.

Ahhh, thank you! Yes, that's the starting town. It has a similar feel to Aspertia, I know what you mean.

Edited by Sunbean

The other day I mentioned in a different thread how I wished to see a different kind of pokemon game, one that breaks away from the mold and tries to do things a little differently. Well lo and behold, I think I found it! Based on the screenshots and features, this game shows a lot of potential and hits all the right spots - the graphics are amazing, pokemon follow you and the story focus on something more than just gyms and Leagues. I'm bookmarking this game so I can keep track of its progress. Keep up the good work! :D

Edited by IvoryOwl92

The other day I mentioned in a different thread how I wished to see a different kind of pokemon game, one that breaks away from the mold and tries to do things a little differently. Well lo and behold, I think I found it! Based on the screenshots and features, this game shows a lot of potential and hits all the right spots - the graphics are amazing, pokemon follow you and the story focus on something more than just gyms and Leagues. I'm bookmarking this game so I can keep track of its progress. Keep up the good work! :D

Very kind of you! I hope my game can meet your expectations!

----

General update for everyone, I'm finishing events and debugging maps. Looks like everything is on track for alpha testing on Friday!

Now, this alpha is very short and will probably only take a good hour to complete fully (I haven't yet played through myself so idk), so I'll just be randomly selecting 5 people who volunteered to take part. The beta will definitely be the entirety of the first episode, and then it's all hands on deck. :)

General update for everyone, I'm finishing events and debugging maps. Looks like everything is on track for alpha testing on Friday!

Now, this alpha is very short and will probably only take a good hour to complete fully (I haven't yet played through myself so idk), so I'll just be randomly selecting 5 people who volunteered to take part. The beta will definitely be the entirety of the first episode, and then it's all hands on deck. :)

The anxiety! Let me know if you need a hype train to be made.

Wow, this definitely looks very polished! Maybe it's silly to say this because of only aesthetic appeal but your game definitely outshines the others around here, including Reborn and Rejuvenation which I am currently playing. Are you perhaps hoping to go into game design some day?

Wow, this definitely looks very polished! Maybe it's silly to say this because of only aesthetic appeal but your game definitely outshines the others around here, including Reborn and Rejuvenation which I am currently playing. Are you perhaps hoping to go into game design some day?

Thanks very much, I appreciate the compliment! :)

Game design is certainly a passion of mine! It's not necessarily something I plan on doing. If anything, I'd prefer writing and concept art for video games over coding and implementation.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks great!

I normally try to avoid fangames that haven't been around very long, but I think I'll give this a go when Ep1 comes out.

Thanks! I hope you will enjoy it!

----

Firstly, we now have a Pokecommunity thread! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=353549

I decided I'm going to publicly release the alpha tomorrow since there have been issues with the site and many users have been missing. Anyone can download it, but beware that it is still VERY short and is missing a few key features I want to add.

More on this tomorrow though. Thanks to everyone for your patience! :)

Edited by Sunbean