[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

If you think that the focus of that example was Weavile, then you need to learn how to properly assess statements. (triggered)

It wasn't an optimal example, but the species of the Pokémon in a theoretical scenario isn't the point. There are many similar anecdotes which occur all the time. I used Weavile as an example because it was the first Pokémon that came to mind.

And yeah, you're explaining competitive battling mechanics to someone who's been battling competitively for over a decade.

Ultimately, I won't fret if IV-altering features aren't added, but I also won't mind if they are. It's just annoying when my Pokémon aren't as good as they could be due to a semi-random game mechanic that the player has little control over.

The discussion on IVs is not about you. My reply explains their degree of importance to those hyped about the possible implementation of a means to control them. Your example of Weavile is clearly used just as a point of reference, so I'd suggest you follow your own advice there.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother getting "competitive" mons ingame anyways? Sure, people will inevitably battle each other when the online features are ready, but any serious battling would take place on Showdown regardless.

In the age of power creep and the colourfull galaxy of Pokemonites where the 721 number is misleading, I can only applaud the inclusion of the Mega Jewelry now. Compressing all these things in one episode is just needless cluttering. The canon games are almost past that, come November. It's about time for the power distribution of Reborn to go INTO Gen6.

Also Mega Abomasnow is in fact a puppy mouthed qtie :]

So i mean sure, we are getting the mega ring, but in no way does that mean we are also getting the trainer mega stone( you know, the one the trainer needs to have in the ring to even be able to use Mega Evolution?) so who knows, maybe it is possible we won't be able to mega evolve.

Unlikely, but still.

inb4 trollthyst

• Global Mods

So i mean sure, we are getting the mega ring, but in no way does that mean we are also getting the trainer mega stone( you know, the one the trainer needs to have in the ring to even be able to use Mega Evolution?) so who knows, maybe it is possible we won't be able to mega evolve.

Unlikely, but still.

inb4 trollthyst

Abomasite, Banettite, Pinsirite, and Heracronite are currently available.

I thought what he means that the "mega ring" shown in the screenshot is not fully crafted, so we need to find the trainer mega stones (not the pokemon mega stones like abomasite etc.) in order to complete it (which may not be available in Ep. 16), explaining why the mega ring is stored in Items Pocket, not Key Items.

Well, that scenario seems unlikely but interesting. Tbh I want this scenario to be real, mega ring should be hard to get with multiple sidequests and trolls likes Magikarp~ (or axe Heracronite-Pinsirite and replace it with Audinite, XD)

I thought what he means that the "mega ring" shown in the screenshot is not fully crafted, so we need to find the trainer mega stones (not the pokemon mega stones like abomasite etc.) in order to complete it (which may not be available in Ep. 16), explaining why the mega ring is stored in Items Pocket, not Key Items.

Well, that scenario seems unlikely but interesting. Tbh I want this scenario to be real, mega ring should be hard to get with multiple sidequests and trolls likes Magikarp~ (or axe Heracronite-Pinsirite and replace it with Audinite, XD)

This is what I meant, cause iirc to mega evolve the pokemon needs to have its mega stone, and then the trainer has to have the stone that goes into the ring(or pin or glasses or whatever), so i was saying we may not get the stone, just the ring the stone goes into.

The discussion on IVs is not about you. My reply explains their degree of importance to those hyped about the possible implementation of a means to control them. Your example of Weavile is clearly used just as a point of reference, so I'd suggest you follow your own advice there.

See, this is why prior clarification is important. When you preface your statement with a critique of my example, you frame your entire post as an address to me.

Oh I realized something I forgot to talk about that's interesting. Remember how someone said the protagonist could die? I don't think that will happen in Reborn, but that's definitely possible to do in terms of Pokemon Essentials. It's very rare for the main protagonist to disappear and especially die within a game, but it has happened before such as Chrono Trigger.

It would be kind of interesting if it did happen as to who would we play as. I could see Cain, Fern, or Victoria, but Victoria would be the most likely. It'd be a hella lot of work but once you get this initial settup it'd be really interesting. Though I see that more of a mod thing (and believe me that'd probably be one of the most popular imo if done right) should someone create side stories or such as you play as other characters. Anyways off topic, but my point is that it's possible to kill the main character, it's just not likely.

Thinking about it now, Victoria is going to be the one to die, isn't she? It's always the insignificant ones who go first.

What if who we say goodbye to permanently depends on decisions made up to now? I mean like what if Taka dies if he fully turns against Team Meteor and openly does something in defiance of them right before all of the other leaders or Lin and is punished Meteor Style that or maybe we say Goodbye to Sigmund if he remembers who Lin is or possibly Adrienn? (cant remember the name or how to spell it)

Oh I realized something I forgot to talk about that's interesting. Remember how someone said the protagonist could die? I don't think that will happen in Reborn, but that's definitely possible to do in terms of Pokemon Essentials. It's very rare for the main protagonist to disappear and especially die within a game, but it has happened before such as Chrono Trigger.

It would be kind of interesting if it did happen as to who would we play as. I could see Cain, Fern, or Victoria, but Victoria would be the most likely. It'd be a hella lot of work but once you get this initial settup it'd be really interesting. Though I see that more of a mod thing (and believe me that'd probably be one of the most popular imo if done right) should someone create side stories or such as you play as other characters. Anyways off topic, but my point is that it's possible to kill the main character, it's just not likely.

Thinking about it now, Victoria is going to be the one to die, isn't she? It's always the insignificant ones who go first.

That actually happened in Rejuvenation, IIRC.

It'd probably be Cain, IMHO. You do remember how he tried to go mono-poison, but broke from it because his Oshawott insisted on joining him? Plus, it'd be fun to play as him~

I can say with about 98% certainty that Victoria won't be the one to die. She wasn't in any of the Visions in Shade's Gym; someone else was.

In Chrono Trigger, though Chrono wasn't exactly the main protagonist. Yes he was the character you couldn't remove from the party and also the one that doesn't talk, but you had plenty of other characters you controlled too so you could still play without him. And you had the possibility to bring him back while in here it's going to be a definitive goodbye

If we had to control another character, it would most likely be Cain. But first he's not as strong as the main character. It's not just that its pokemons are weaker, he's just a less good trainer. Controlling him would imply either he suddenly becomes the "wrecking ball" the MC used to be, or he keeps getting beaten, captured, etc by Meteors, so in the end we lose. Second, we worked hard to raise our pokemons, starting from scratch with our starter. Then we lose all of them and start anew with a complety different set of already trained pokemons we never chose ? No way.

Having something like that for a short period, like the MC is hurt and captured and we control Cain to save him could be possible. But definitively losing it, no.

And in Rejuvenation, the MC didn't die. His friends and team Xen thought so, but he was just teleported and you never lost control on him

You'd have to write out multiple stories and re-do the entirety of reborn's game basically for 3 different story paths. Not impossible but for doing that you might as well do your own fan game pls do your own fan game whoever wants to do this idea.

I love the side quests idea though. Allows you to familiarize yourself with the characters and bond with them more. pls ame? :c

The only way I see us controling another character would be due to the effects of a PULSE machine that swaps our minds. Of course the most logical (and hilarious) choice is Cain, as he's supposed to be a rival. So if somehow we end up switching bodies and he gets captured, we'll need to fight the meteors with his pokemon for a short while. That of course could mean no access to the PC, but if done correctly, that should not be a problem. Sure you'd like to use your own pokemon, but for a battle or two it wouldn't hurt.

on an entirely unrelated note, the hydreigon line will not be officially available this episode, but players who got stuck due to a certain glitch several episodes ago will be able to attain it early. i can't make apologies like that for all scenarios, but it happens to work out here.

*one week later*

MGHGGHGDFGDFJIHKDSIVYOFGAYSDFPIUG I WANT IT

Oh and also i'm pretty hyped for the Mega Ring *looks at Charizard and whispers* "some day, my friend.."

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

I want it to be Fern.

For too long have we only seen things from our normal point of view.

I want to see what life is like as "the top dog" and a "cool cat"

If that happened I'd probably go out of my way to deliberately lose every single battle with him.

It would be interesting to play as Cain, even if only for a short while, though.

Yeah, having the main protagonist die permanently would make absolutely zero sense after all the time we sunk with him and all the time we spent bonding with our Pokemon.