[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I for one am looking very forward to returning to the city with what I have seen of the rebuilt city, sooooo woooooooo.

And perhaps this isnt the place to have arguements about the ethics/morals/implications/Fus-Ro-Dah's of IVs and manipulating them outside of breeding, as it could probably be its very own (and likely large) thread.

Whenever I see that this topic has a ton of new replies I think we have gotten more stuff about E16 and it makes me sad when it isn't that and its all IV stuff :c.

Well I for one am looking very forward to returning to the city with what I have seen of the rebuilt city, sooooo woooooooo.

And perhaps this isnt the place to have arguements about the ethics/morals/implications/Fus-Ro-Dah's of IVs and manipulating them outside of breeding, as it could probably be its very own (and likely large) thread.

Whenever I see that this topic has a ton of new replies I think we have gotten more stuff about E16 and it makes me sad when it isn't that and its all IV stuff :c.

I'm a little bit of a hypocrite here seeing as I started the whole discussion but I feel the concept is just going around in circles at this point. It's not going to be added in E16 if at all and it's gotten somewhat off topic. You could easily flood a discussion on IVs in Reborn City given their importance to a large number of players. Believe me when I say if it keeps going on here a mod is likely going to step in sooner or later.

So to kind of push all of that debate out of the way, it looks like Reborn is going to look really polished up with all those animations added in since as of right now, fights look very stagnant. Though if you want a laugh, I remember when animations consisted of straight up Fire Balls for Pokemon Raptor Ex. Oh the good old days of when most Fan-games of Pokemon consisted of hacks or were really glitchy. How far everything has come since then.

I kind of wish IVs didn't exist in the first place.

this

and yea its funny when you see romhacks that have so polished tileset, that it makes you wonder if you are still playing something meant for GBA. You should take a look at Pokemon Life (still in alpha stage) to see what the guy has done there.. RPG maker games are another story.

I was looking at the new Field and how we're going to say "Goodbye" to a certain character soon, and a terrifying thought just occurred to me: What if the Player Character is the one that dies?

There are 19 episodes planned, gym badges to win, an elite 4 and a champion to defeat. We won't lose the main character. His death is possible, since he could be resurrected with I don't know what trick (ex: the lava bath in Rejuvenation), but Ame said it would be a definitive goodbye. The phrasing excludes this option

I am kind of curious on the whole "saying goodbye" meaning. As has been mentioned previously, it could mean a character steps out, a death, or even just the "rebirth" of a character...someone being Reborn, so to speak. There' a lot of ways to interpret it and not a lot of evidence to back any claim up. Will Radomus' scheming come to bite him in the ass? Will Taka's betrayal of Team Meteor be dealt with in typical Meteor fashion? Will one of our companions meet an untimely demise at the hands of....god knows what at this point? Who knows, really. For all we know, Solaris could just walk off a cliff and that's the character we say goodbye to.

On another note, I'm kind of curious if we'll be able to finish up the Corey Pokemon sidequest. What are we missing at this point, Skrelp, Grimer, and Crobat? I know we got Croagunk, Nidorina, and Skuntank. Unless I missed the Grimer, we should only have 3 left, so I'm kind of curious how that'll end and if there's a tangible reward besides some neat Poison types and extra story progression in the side.

I doubt that it'll be anything but a Death that occurs, as she said "Permanently."

[EDIT]: I think it might be Lin, as she's part of the only Screen that happened in Shade's Gym that has not occurred in the main game yet.

Edited by K_H

I doubt that it'll be anything but a Death that occurs, as she said "Permanently."

[EDIT]: I think it might be Lin, as she's part of the only Screen that happened in Shade's Gym that has not occurred in the main game yet.

I doubt we're gonna have the Big Bad die so quickly, as we still have 3 more episodes after this one.

• Administrators

Hey, so, the discourse is fine and all if you're into that, but just because I'm concerned about end-game difficulty, doesn't mean y'all need to be.

I'll figure it out. Or we will, since it depends on feedback from you all (though I have to take into account that players here are both more used to the game and spend more time on it than other players). I may not get it correct right away, but I'll get it right eventually.

That said I find the idea of the EXP reduction pretty acceptable. It'll be invisible to most players, game levels will be sunken accordingly, and it'll let team development carry through more of the storyline. However, it'll make things awkward for existing save files. Worth? Idk, we'll see if it comes to it.

imagine if we have some sort of fight with the leaders again in the future (ame please make this true)

I'm pretty happy X/Y opened the door for this (in the main story at least).

But even if it happens, you might not like the circumstances...

I just realized, Sun and Moon are adding IV boosting! That means we may get it here too right? :)

I currently don't intend to add IV boosting. It's the only thing left that keeps Pokemon unique from each other, and I don't think it matters -that- much anyway except to the diehards... which is about as I'd want it, probably.

Though interestingly enough, I'm just hoping E16 isn't the nightmare of exploration as Episode 14 was when we all got dive. I swear the sheer amount of time I wasted trying to explore everything in those mountains only to be blocked by waterfall. If I have to go through that again with rock climb at the bottom of the lake after 3 years of waiting, I will probably be spamming rage boxes in the status.

There's some Rock Climb, but not too much. Amount of exploration probably well-exceeds E14 though, if you count the city.

--

I have some fun stuff for you today.

I'm continuing on quests, and predictably, it's slow. There was a % jump a few days ago because I'd miscalculated, but with one exception every quest I do is valued at 2% of the sidequest bar. The quest I worked on today/yesterday probably took me about 11 hours in total. Maybe more. However. I've started doing the most time-consuming ones first. So hopefully these 2%s pick up in speed.

That said, I have had a lot of fun with the NPCs in this quest. Probably more fun than I should be allowed to have. And I think it'll show.

3189df994d6d4f9d8139a5891663d77f.png

*not how it actually is in release, but i amused myself in the mean time.

unrelated(?):

Finally... I might regret this. And I 120% reserve the right to axe it later.

But until then.

0278aafcd7c64a778f547ac77575a858.png

Tomorrow I'll be starting on the final Gang sidequest. Technically, the last one was supposed to be the final one, but then, so was the one before that. So you know, whatever.

Then I'll be gone for most of the weekend, family is visiting next week, and I work a full week straight after that, so progress will be stifled because of life for a while, lol rip.

I never thought we would get the mega ring that early. But I guess we won't get much more mega stones for now. Currently we have stone for Abomasnow, Pinsir/Heracross and another one I don't remember. I guess metagrossite isn't for now.

And I wonder what can be the implications of that mega ring on the story. Stronger pulses ? Many Meteors and others with mega evolution ? And where do we get it ? I don't think it's the kind of thing you can find at the department store even with all the stickers. Something found in a mysterious place kind of like under the Grand Gates ? Found in an important Meteor base like Lin's office ? It already pretty sure we'll find a new meteor base in the city (Devon surely). Or maybe a long and painfull sidequest in one of those new sidequest areas ?

• Developers

I gotta say I'm surprised we're seeing the Mega Ring now. Abomnasnow & Banette have solid Megas and are very well and good for where we are in the story but since we also have access to Heracross & Pinsir's stones, two pretty good Megas, I had figured we wouldn't get the ring for a while longer, although I'm happy to get it sooner rather than later. And it doesn't matter much to me because I never found the bloody heracross and pinsir event anyway.

Also 0/10 I wanted a Mega Hat or something, but I suppose that's reserved for Radomus or something like that.​

well there are certain megas whose power level is on par with many of the pokemon we have currently access to. Ame just needs to be really stingy with which mega stones will become available. mega sharpedo / camerupt / banette / beedrill / manectric / glalie / pidgeot are balanced enough to become available imo

Edited by DemICE

Having the sidequest for Magikarp drag on till the post game just seems excessive to be honest. The latest 'karp thief doesn't seem like he'd get it stolen from him and Reborn was getting fixed up, so it's entirely likely we'll just have to hunt this last guy down and we'll finally have the damn thing, if the guy in 7th Street is to be believed. Or whoever he sells it to, Either way, we shouldn't have Ame dangling a 'karp in front of our faces much longer. Hopefully.