[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shift was always there though

yeah it was.. im just saying that removing it would help very much the quest of trying to make the game more fair for the AI, and also raise the general difficulty.

it never should have existed anyway. you cannot use it against human players, the AI cannot use it against you either, so its just a pointless unfair advantage only the player vs AI has...

Edited by DemICE

This was actually explained in the anime approximately like

"The challenger is allowed to switch out at any time. The gym leader is not"

That reminds you of "shift", just like Ash uses it often

This was actually explained in the anime approximately like

"The challenger is allowed to switch out at any time. The gym leader is not"

That reminds you of "shift", just like Ash uses it often

Did it, i guess it might. I havent watched the show for about 15 years. I just didnt like it after some point, it was so shallow.

Apart from that, i dont think the show should be a source of validity on games....

Supercharge pikachu to hit ground types?

...... aim for the horn .... ?

Super ninja bellsrpouts using fighting type moves that OHKO ash's 255 level pikachu that fights on par with a Latios??

Edited by DemICE

yeah it was.. im just saying that removing it would help very much the quest of trying to make the game more fair for the AI, and also raise the general difficulty.

it never should have existed anyway. you cannot use it against human players, the AI cannot use it against you either, so its just a pointless unfair advantage only the player vs AI has...

Yeah, but the ability to turn "set" on is available for people who don't want that.

You have to try and remember that while Gamefreak understands that even though there are a lot of adults who play pokemon, and that most of those adults would like the games to be more difficult in one way or another, the fact is that most of the people who play pokemon games are kids, so if they forcibly make the games more difficult by removing certain features, they're going to alienate their target demographic. But the pokemon games are designed so that the player can ( to a certain extent ) make the game as difficult as they want. You don't Have to have "shift" on, you can limit or even ban the use of pokemon centers and potions, you can do challenge runs ( nuzlockes, mono-type runs, solo runs,ect ). And while leaving the difficulty of the game up to the players individual decisions about how to play the game might not be the most satisfying thing for most players, it is a good compromise. While I will admit that the amount of "handholding" in the resent games has reached, pardon my language, stupid fucking levels. And that there are a LOT of things that Gamefreak could do to make the games harder without making it too hard for the kids.It's a system that works...for now. Will it continue to work? I don't know, but all we can do is hope that Gamefreak comes to their senses, and finds a way to make the game difficult in a way that satisfies ALL their customers.

• Administrators

Poor Donnel :C

What did he ever done to you?

EOC834i.png

Animations were requested a couple of weeks ago. Mde's here to deliver Ice Beam and Moonblast all in one go.

8NrWBOM.gif

did you know that changing teleport events by the dozen is very tedious

even if you've never touched a game engine before, you probably did

but in case you thought it was not

let me tell you

it is

• Developers

In fairness to Ame, Donnel is basically Mozu but just not as good.

A​nyway, I wasn't sure about Moonblast at first but after the second or third time watching it I've decided I really like it. Great work mde!

Ice Beam finally giving those nice Gen 3 vibes, unlike IV and V's which look like the foe's being sprayed by a stream from a water bottle.

Awesome animationsz!

Ooh. Pretty.

Now show me Flash Cannon!

Seriously, though, great work. Moonblast looks detailed and yet simple in a good way. Ice Beam looks like mini Sableye gems fired à la Bullet Seed, but it's still...-cool-

Aren't they both E17 animations though...

Thanks for the compliments people anyway :D

Now show me Flash Cannon!

I already have it and have made it... but you can't have it *Laughs evilly and runs off into the distance*

That Ice Beam animation... Does it have that chilling sound effect from Gen III?

Now you mention it...Do any of the moves also have (new) sound effects attached to them? Because that would be cool (but if not, a lot of work to make).

• Administrators

ah yeah sorry, i meant to say the animations currently being worked on may or may not make it into E16, but worst case they'd be in 17. We'll see how it goes.

Ice Beam does use the classic sound. As I told Mde, I could literally make love to that sound and feel pretty good about it.

But the sounds over all are taken from PMU (and frequently edited)

ah yeah sorry, i meant to say the animations currently being worked on may or may not make it into E16, but worst case they'd be in 17. We'll see how it goes.

Ice Beam does use the classic sound. As I told Mde, I could literally make love to that sound and feel pretty good about it.

But the sounds over all are taken from PMU (and frequently edited)

Don't give people any ideas for fanart... ;)

• Developers

yeah just listened to the sound for Icebeam it's something now the best sound is for grudge just so everyone knows.

Sounds we get can be edited through changing its pitch so even if you know all the sounds from PMU we have the power to make it so you won't even notice them *evil laughter*

Edited by smeargletail

what field is hardy getting can i have a link or is it already in the game files? either way hardy is going to be a pain for me as i have quite a few flying and ice and it seems my swamprt/venasaur wont be much help.. dam i need to prepare more.

also those animations are awesome, can i have some more please?

Edited by sandy