[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does onyx turn white

The Pokémon: Press b while it is evolving and glowing white

The Place: Take a Smeargle with you in your party and make sure to have the Key Item 'Paint Bucket', an event will occur and make Onyx white :P

Edited by Lord Drakyle

why, he is getting axed ??????

Yes, Ame said it a page or two ago. It was in sneaky black text.

I also really like the white onyx theme. It sounds really great! One of my favourites so far.

• Developers

Hey Ame, how about just replacing the Beldum with a lvl100 Metagross? I mean it would be nearly impossible to catch given its power and catch rate plus it would be useless because it would not listen. So the only choice would be to breed it and get the lvl1 Beldum from an egg.

EDIT: Crap, forgot about common candies. :-(

Edited by baldr

Yes, Ame said it a page or two ago. It was in sneaky black text.

I also really like the white onyx theme. It sounds really great! One of my favourites so far.

well thank god i have my shiny metagross ... but my ocd makes me feel like i have an illegal one so am goona restart

Edited by webobo

this weekend is animation reviews and scripting stuff and frankly nothing interesting to report so here have this instead

what about the music of the higher floors of the Dept. Store :^)

Pretty awesome song though, 10/10 would live in the Onyx Ward.

I know i'm not the only one who suspects that Reborn City is gonna be restored in the next episode.

Probably because it's like 100% confirmed? Between the new light-hearted remixes of the ward themes, and Amethyst recreating the entire city map + a whole slew of new events, and even Julia and Florinia directly mentioning in-game how Adrienn has restored the city, I don't think there's a single player who DOESN'T think the city will be restored in the next episode.

Guess I need to evolve my shiny Mettaton Magneton before Episode 16. I'm not giving up that thing, it has Reborn colors and it's so cool. D:

Whenever it uses Flash Cannon:

"DEATH BY ~*GLAMOUR*~"

Edited by Foamy

• Administrators

It is 100% confirmed. I'm not treating that as a spoiler or a secret, since it's the entire point of the episode... even down to the name of it.

Continued on with relationship variable stuff today. I'm also spending time looking for places to put them in aside from just dialogue choices, such as talking to characters at certain times, doing certain side-quests, if you beat certain opponents on the first try, and so-on. It's slow because I have to check all of the game's content and make sure I'm not missing anything. Currently I have the city + Aventurine done.

Also corrected the error in Gardevoir's chess puzzle, and finished fixing the weather system. Pity shore it's gucci now but I'll keep czeching it to be safe.

No longer sure how I want to do the TV Weather Report since it varies on region and time as opposed to certain days.

My original plan was to have the report vary between which TV you're checking in from so that it accounts for region, and say something like "It'll be like X over the next few days", but 'few days' is really muddy (weather cycles are 5-days now) and would appear inaccurate if someone checked on the last day of a cycle, and some regions will be fairly static (it's sunny in the desert w o w what a surprise)

...actually I'm not sure there will be any TVs in the desert, so maybe that's a moot point, but still. snowing in ametrine???? no way.

I'm open to thoughts on the matter.

Well I can't really say I'm for or against a relationship system, but I suppose it is what it is. (It also brings back memories of the FF7 days...which actually had a pretty decent one though it wasn't important). At least I don't have to pretend like I didn't know there were going to be new maps for new reborn city.

Anyways, there's really only one way I know how to do weather. Basically, using the date such as "There will be shower storms up until Friday throughout Reborn City." That would work for most areas.

I see why that'd be a problem in Ametrine, but I'm sure just a single text line like "Today's weather is Snow, but you don't care BECAUSE IT ALWAYS FUCKING SNOWS HERE. What'd you expect SUNSHINE!" (Seeing as there's no point in checking the news).

The new weather system sounds cool, I'm really looking forward to that. I'm assuming going through the Opal Ward after a weeks time in the system clock won't change the weather cycle any more?

Relationship values are a thing. I'm not really to concerned about them, but seeing what they do later on will be pretty neat, whether it effects story dialogue or side quests.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Extreme Weather changes or Bizarre/Unusual Weather changes in areas may possibly be a thing to add rare encounters with some pokemon only appearing in areas while the weather is unusual?

An example would be Ametrine usually is snowing but it could become extreme hail/snow making pokemon with Snow Warning more likely to appear a very low encounter rate but possible or maybe even routes unavailable unless a certain weather is active such as Rain in the desert may cause certain parts of the desert to form sinkholes that can allow for you to advance deeper into the desert or Bright Sunlight in Icy Areas to melt frozen blockades or Windy in some places to make objects become visible or within reach (like a rope that usually just hangs being closer) or a tree that can be permanently knocked down but needs a Strong Gust of Wind to uproot it and a Strong Hit to knock it down, heck Snowing to make a fragile area somewhat sturdy enough to support your weight because the ice cools it down and solidifies water in between?

Are relationship variables retroactive? As in, can we continue in E16 with the game treating past ones done, or would we have to restart to activate all of them?

From what i understood you need to restart

"A weather report plays..."

"This week, in the Tourmaline Desert, we've got extreme temperatures toward the beginning of the week, cooling down a bit as the week progresses. Watch out on Friday, though, since snow drafts from the Amentrine region will melt over the desert and... turn into... sandstorms..? OKAY, WHOEVER WROTE THI-"

"And that concludes this week's weather!"

That'd be Extreme Sunlight for M/T, Sun W/R, and Rain/HeavyRain or Sandstorm on Friday. Never know if that last bit was a true report or a prank, after all!

Or, if you want times to be implied in there...

"A weather report plays..."

"Today, we are looking at an early sunrise with sun all morning long; take shelter from it this afternoon, though, as the temperatures are predicted to rise drastically. Toward the evening, winds from the Amentrine region will cool the area down, but whether it'll blow up dust or bring snow tonight is anyone's guess."

"And that's all we have today! Tune in every morning for the latest weather updates!"

EDIT:

Five day cycles. Whelp. You could just say how "old" the weather report is.

"The weather report plays..."

"[date]: Our five-day forecast!"

Edited by Cobalt996

...actually I'm not sure there will be any TVs in the desert, so maybe that's a moot point, but still. snowing in ametrine???? no way.

I'm open to thoughts on the matter.

Well, Titania has to power her gym somehow right? (Unless she's in total darkness... I would assume she has generators or something) maybe implement a TV somewhere in or around her gym?

Five day cycles. Whelp. You could just say how "old" the weather report is.

"The weather report plays..."

"[date]: Our five-day forecast!"

I like that idea. Just open with "Our 5 day forecast for [startdate] - [enddate]" : and then go through the cycle. As for regions, Is it possible to check the player's or TV's map location? If the weather is stored like an INI file where the section name is the region, you could use the map location to find the correct section.

• Administrators

Well, Titania has to power her gym somehow right? (Unless she's in total darkness... I would assume she has generators or something) maybe implement a TV somewhere in or around her gym?

haha, yeaaaaah her gym is definitely not the sort of gym that could have a TV in it..

Are relationship variables retroactive? As in, can we continue in E16 with the game treating past ones done, or would we have to restart to activate all of them?

No, and there's no solution. Most choices aren't recorded at all, so it can't be applied to existing save files. I actually wasn't even going to put them in until E19, but I figured at least this way it can be pre-existing in -some- save files.

I did finish all of the relationship variable stuff today, and having done it all I really regret that not doing it sooner. There's a lot of things I would have liked to have handled differently had the variables been in place. But, oh well. It's not the worst thing to have them take effect mainly at the end of the story, since that's when they'll be most greatly varied anyway.

For the sake of interest, here's my record of each character and the maximum-minimum points you can get so far. It's not even or consistent, and that's just fine with me.

NHfbQfB.png

Also changed the tania diary scene so you don't have to look at it, and made some changes to the weather system support the TV reports.

What I'll do is have the weather system generate one pattern in advance, so the next 10 days are determined, instead of just one 5 day cycle at a time. Then, if it's towards the end of the current cycle, I can just have it talk about the next one. As for regions, I'll just say that it's the weather only for Reborn City, so people in Ametrine don't have to be surprised when they look outside and see that it's snowing for the fifth goddamn time this week.

(too bad i won't be able to test this for another five days orz)