[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Administrators

That's why they change based on location. I don't want to add too many different ones though because we already have a lottalot of music and it inflates the game file size.

Last night I forgot my computer when I went to work so I had a very boring time and got nothing done.

Tonight I brought my computer and still got very little done because the concept of emotional stability is the greatest lie of our century. Anyway, I'm injecting some side-events in... I'm calling them side-events because they're not really big enough to be consider a sidequest. Ya heard it?

An old quiz makes a reappearance with new rewards, new questions, and the one of the most sarcastic NPCs to date.

sZy8M9d.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Opal Ward sounds amazing! It didn't change much but it just feels so much more uplifting <3

And also, a small question-- is the song "Light -- Beryl" from the Pokegear going to be the White version for that ward, or something separate? If the former, why did you choose to remix that particular ward early (out of curiosity ;P)?

That's why they change based on location. I don't want to add too many different ones though because we already have a lottalot of music and it inflates the game file size.

Last night I forgot my computer when I went to work so I had a very boring time and got nothing done.

Tonight I brought my computer and still got very little done because the concept of emotional stability is the greatest lie of our century. Anyway, I'm injecting some side-events in... I'm calling them side-events because they're not really big enough to be consider a sidequest. Ya heard it?

An old quiz makes a reappearance with new rewards, new questions, and the one of the most sarcastic NPCs to date.

sZy8M9d.png

*cough* Regale.

Oh nice catch Foamy. Yea, there are a few grammatical and spelling errors here and there but she was just trying to show what she in mind.

Looking forward to the new version of the Quiz since the past one was fun even though I couldn't solve one or two questions without looking it up.

EDIT: You didn't come off as nitpicky to me personally, don't worry.

Oh nice catch Foamy. Yea, there are a few grammatical and spelling errors here and there but she was just trying to show what she in mind.

Looking forward to the new version of the Quiz since the past one was fun even though I couldn't solve one or two questions without looking it up.

I hope I didn't come off as an overly critical, nitpicky dude. I just want everything to be the best it can be~

Oh man, that quiz was great. I wish I had played the game before it was removed, but I'm excited to see it again in its refurbished glory.

("TAKE THEM TO THE REFURBISHED CHAMBER THAT WAS ONCE BAD!")

• Administrators

And also, a small question-- is the song "Light -- Beryl" from the Pokegear going to be the White version for that ward, or something separate? If the former, why did you choose to remix that particular ward early (out of curiosity ;P)?

Yes, it is. I had that one done early because I didn't do it, it was a player back in like Episode 3 or 4 who heard original city music and decided on his own he wanted to do a remix of it. He sent it back to me and I liked the tone of it, so that became the Beryl music. Then I asked him to make that altered version for later. He wasn't... as clear on how to do it though and I don't have files to edit it, but I think it's fine for the ward with the cemetery to still fall a little flat.

*cough* Regale.

ok.

Continued with more of the same today, which included adding small parts to Pyrous Mountain and the Trainer's School, among other events elsewhere.

I can probably finish with this stuff tomorrow or the next day, assuming shenanigans at my job don't occur.

• Developers

Hey Ame, are you planning some sort of EP 15.5 release? Maybe just the prior updates without any new content? I mean this episode already took longer than any of the previous episodes and you didn't even begin with the story for EP 16. I want to replay the whole game but since EP 16 is supposed to contain modifications all over the place I'd have to replay it again when EP 16 is released.

Take your time though. We all know the wait is well worth it. :-)

Hey Ame, are you planning some sort of EP 15.5 release? Maybe just the prior updates without any new content? I mean this episode already took longer than any of the previous episodes and you didn't even begin with the story for EP 16. I want to replay the whole game but since EP 16 is supposed to contain modifications all over the place I'd have to replay it again when EP 16 is released.

I also have a tendency of starting a new file everytime we get an EP that contains significant changes and modifications ... I'm not sure that's healthy

I also have a tendency of starting a new file everytime we get an EP that contains significant changes and modifications ... I'm not sure that's healthy

yeah i do this, i like to see what changes the game has had between patches.

• Developers

Oh boy, Pkmn Essentials v16 came out which means even more work for Ame. Also it kind of increases the need for E 15.5 release (same reason as why there was E 14.5 when Essentials v15 came out).

I don't think anything has changed, but Amethyst stated upon the release of Essentials 15 nearly a year ago that there is no point in us 'upgrading to essentials 16' as it's more or less just going to require us to transfer over a whole ton of bug fixes of our own. I'm sure we oh wait I'm not dev team member anymore they will look over the essentials 16 patch list and implement things that would appear to be fixed into Reborn's Script. Long story short, upgrading for us is all in all a downgrade which would be a lot of work to make an upgrade on our part.

• Developers

I was going to multiquote everyone talking about essentials 16, and then make some bitter remark about how I'm stuck with that job but it wasn't funny enough sooo sorry guys. I have much to learn from Ame-senpai in the ways of humour.

tl;dr Jeri more or less has the right idea here.

• Administrators

Would you mind leaving a "last edited date" to the E16 Status Thread whenever you make a change there?

I think it makes it much simpler to check up on progress rather than sifting through this thread.

Sure

Nope. Besides even if I did that, not all the stuff I would want in it has been done yet anyway. @_@ Anyway that would really just slow down development time more because that's another pause in development for release and testing

I'm sorryyyyy, I didn't mean to sound like a nitpicky deebag! :c

But at the same time I wanna go back and fix the spelling and grammar mistakes

Sorry, that 'ok' wasn't supposed to come off as rude... just a quiet, resigned, 'okay fine...' I appreciate the check because idk how to english tbh

Oh boy, Pkmn Essentials v16 came out which means even more work for Ame. Also it kind of increases the need for E 15.5 release (same reason as why there was E 14.5 when Essentials v15 came out).

Pretty much what the others said. Fuck that. I decided a while ago we were done with that because every "upgrade" was just like here have a bunch of bugs you already fixed, and they're all broken again, thanks!!!
We'll port the features we want change from those versions in individually. That's much less work at this point anyway.

Continued with more of the same today, which included adding small parts to Pyrous Mountain and the Trainer's School, among other events elsewhere.

I can probably finish with this stuff tomorrow or the next day, assuming shenanigans at my job don't occur.

hahahha i jinxed myself, predictably.

my job was fine but my to-do list + game files corrupted so i couldn't work on them the other night...

everything's recovered now though, and allathat is done! I thiiiink that'll be the lengthiest event update thing (as I think I've shown, I try to get the slow/difficult stuff out of the way first)