[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The homeless guy that we gave 200 dollars to is the actual boss. He wanted to test us, to see if we would be a problem to them. He got out of the way, because he had secretly ordered Espurr to kill us, but it didn't listen to him because we gave it a PokeSnax. That's why it wasn't paying attention at first.

Edited by biboo195

Actually, the girl who couldn't get her Snubbull to listen is the boss. It wasn't disobeying her because she didn't have a badge. It didn't want to be part of her schemes, so it stopped listening to her and tried to run away.

The homeless guy that we gave 200 dollars to is the actual boss. He wanted to test us, to see if we would be a problem to them. He got out of the way, because he had secretly ordered Espurr to kill us, but it didn't listen to him because we gave it a PokeSnax. That's why it wasn't paying attention at first.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15171

I don't know about you, but if i sacrifice A for B, i'll only think about B even if i don't get it. Aka i rarely think about A.

Eh, can't say i've ever been in that sort of position. Having said that, the deaths were seconds apart, imo making it hard to think of one without the other.
Edited by Solidmetro

the boss is youngster joey!!! there is no way he cant be the boss with a team of top percentage pokemon

Honorable mention->gym guy:Ame fired him in order for him to be in control of team meteor

Ame and Lin are actually the same person.

Kurotsune is the real boss behind Team Meteor

Coming in summer 2016

Pokémon Reborn Black Fox version

featuring Kurotsune as every pokémon, NPC, Gym Leader, Team meteor member and player character.

Also the only starter will be budew

In the end, I'm just gonna sit here waiting for Lin to be "last boss"~

Coming in summer 2016
Pokémon Reborn Black Fox version

featuring Kurotsune as every pokémon, NPC, Gym Leader, Team meteor member and player character.

Also the only starter will be budew

484_fd93.jpg

His apology wasn't genuine imo. All this 'oh i dyed my hair blue because i'm a new person now' i felt was nonsense. He is the same person he was before.

How do you know whether or not his apology was genuine? His actions are speaking for him, and his actions firmly say, "I have seen the error of my ways, I will do what I can to rectify the mistakes I've made, and I'm going to do what's morally sound, as opposed to doing what will let me best my brother."

You're letting your first impression get the better of you. Contrary to popular belief, people can actually *gasp* learn from their mistakes and grow as a person!

I know, shocking, right?

He didn't dye his hair blue, either. He dyed it red. Blue is his natural hair color.

How do you know whether or not his apology was genuine? His actions are speaking for him, and his actions firmly say, "I have seen the error of my ways, I will do what I can to rectify the mistakes I've made, and I'm going to do what's morally sound, as opposed to doing what will let me best my brother."

You're letting your first impression get the better of you. Contrary to popular belief, people can actually *gasp* learn from their mistakes and grow as a person!

I know, shocking, right?

He didn't dye his hair blue, either. He dyed it red. Blue is his natural hair color.

I agree with this. I actually feel bad for Cal. Not only was he betrayed by team meteor, but his brother too. Being a younger sibling ain't easy. Then Victoria gets angry at him, rightfully so... So in the end he pretty much lost everything, even though he was never evil to begin with. He was only naive. Everyone makes mistakes

I don't remember him ever talking about his hair :S

somebody needs to play episode 14 again when he meets up with shelly and the MC after their meeting with blake!

• Global Mods

somebody needs to play episode 14 again when he meets up with shelly and the MC after their meeting with blake!

I probably forget a lot of things because I've only played through once.

Are you sure it's not story split dialogue, tho? I gave Blake the Ruby Ring, and maybe the conversation is different if you didn't.

I know, shocking, right?

Sarcasm aside, this still doesn't explain why he didn't apologise for medicham(with biboo195 providing the best possible explanation for this, but personally i still don't buy it). I'd agree if he had apologised for that too. I can't say if his apology was genuine or not because i'm not him. What i can come to a conclusion about is whether i believe it or not. I don't.

Contrary to popular belief, people can actually *gasp* have different opinions than your own!

To say it was a mistake is putting it lightly however. He's responsible for kikis death(and medichams, but i've gone on enough about that).

Sarcasm aside, this still doesn't explain why he didn't apologise for medicham(with biboo195 providing the best possible explanation for this, but personally i still don't buy it). I'd agree if he had apologised for that too. I can't say if his apology was genuine or not because i'm not him. What i can come to a conclusion about is whether i believe it or not. I don't.

Contrary to popular belief, people can actually *gasp* have different opinions than your own!

To say it was a mistake is putting it lightly however. He's responsible for kikis death(and medichams, but i've gone on enough about that).

Honestly, i don't see how his absence would have prevented Kiki's death - you could maybe argue that the medicham would've survived (but even that isn't very certain), but there's no reason Solaris would react any differently afterwards. It's even plausible that if Cal weren't there that there would be some other team meteor member there instead, who could have still stopped the Medicham and wouldn't have sabotaged the PULSE, which would've led to everyone on the island dying and Kiki still dying (not to mention you dying).

Honestly, i don't see how his absence would have prevented Kiki's death - you could maybe argue that the medicham would've survived (but even that isn't very certain), but there's no reason Solaris would react any differently afterwards. It's even plausible that if Cal weren't there that there would be some other team meteor member there instead, who could have still stopped the Medicham and wouldn't have sabotaged the PULSE, which would've led to everyone on the island dying and Kiki still dying (not to mention you dying).

In a situation where cal hadn't of joined team meteor, he would of resided on top of the volcano(i think?) and him being there i feel would have warned off team meteor from trying to set up a pulse there(or at the very least he would have told kiki, which i assume would have led to them getting help), thus resulting in Team meteor setting their sights on somewhere else. Because from the look of it, a pulse machine doesn't seem to have the mobility of an iphone charger(obviously speculation) and would seem to take time to set up. If cal wasn't on the volcano, then yeah, things probably would have gone relatively the same, or most likely even worse.

I suppose he could've warned everyone about their plot and we could've teamed up to prevent anyone from being hurt.

All this talk of Cal and the events of Apophyll Island make me wonder: When will Victoria's bus return? We DID see her as we were going down the waterfall to the Water Treatment Plant if memory serves, so that means she can leave the Academy. Does this mean that she'll take a more active role in the plot again? I hope so, because I do quite like her design and character. Cain, Fern, and Victoria created an interesting dynamic as your three rivals at the beginning. Fern was the hotshot asshole who wanted to do everything better than you, and couldn't care less if you jumped off a bridge. He probably would've laughed! Cain, meanwhile, is also a bit of a hotshot, but he's much more caring, if a little too much. He's witty, clever, and far deeper than one might think initially, being a kindred spirit for Heather and some of the other young characters. Victoria is a different breed altogether. She's cautious, worrisome, and is essentially the most morally sound character we've met. She's emotional, cares for the feelings of others, and constantly blocks your way when she feels it would not be wise to do something(see fighting you before Shelly and Kiki). I want to see that dynamic come back, especially now that Mr. Grasshole has jumped over to Team Meteor. Cain knows this, but to our knowledge, Victoria doesn't.

On another, unrelated note: How many Reborn League members are/were part of Team Meteor? We know about Corey and his motivations, Terra and her psychopathic tendencies, and Titania's status as a double agent(kind of). We can pretty much rule out most everyone else we've met. Every other Gym Leader has proven their innocence(to a degree), except for perhaps Radomus whose motivations I still don't quite get. Amaria's right out, Adrienn is probably one of the other few universally good characters, Saphira has the biggest grudge, and Hardy is, and forgive the pun, rock solid as well. That leaves the Elite 4. We know Laura was relieved of her duties for whatever reason(my theory is that El pulled some strings and Bennet took her place), but we know NOTHING of who the Elite 4 actually are, nor the Champion. There's like...two characters we've met who don't really have anything else about them: Lin, the boss of Team Meteor, and DJ Arclight. Considering that Lin is incredibly strong, there's a strong chance she's somewhere high up. Arclight runs the nightclub for the Elite, so he's also got connections.

Who knows though? I might just be talking out of my ass.

All this talk of Cal and the events of Apophyll Island make me wonder: When will Victoria's bus return? We DID see her as we were going down the waterfall to the Water Treatment Plant if memory serves, so that means she can leave the Academy. Does this mean that she'll take a more active role in the plot again? I hope so, because I do quite like her design and character. Cain, Fern, and Victoria created an interesting dynamic as your three rivals at the beginning. Fern was the hotshot asshole who wanted to do everything better than you, and couldn't care less if you jumped off a bridge. He probably would've laughed! Cain, meanwhile, is also a bit of a hotshot, but he's much more caring, if a little too much. He's witty, clever, and far deeper than one might think initially, being a kindred spirit for Heather and some of the other young characters. Victoria is a different breed altogether. She's cautious, worrisome, and is essentially the most morally sound character we've met. She's emotional, cares for the feelings of others, and constantly blocks your way when she feels it would not be wise to do something(see fighting you before Shelly and Kiki). I want to see that dynamic come back, especially now that Mr. Grasshole has jumped over to Team Meteor. Cain knows this, but to our knowledge, Victoria doesn't.

On another, unrelated note: How many Reborn League members are/were part of Team Meteor? We know about Corey and his motivations, Terra and her psychopathic tendencies, and Titania's status as a double agent(kind of). We can pretty much rule out most everyone else we've met. Every other Gym Leader has proven their innocence(to a degree), except for perhaps Radomus whose motivations I still don't quite get. Amaria's right out, Adrienn is probably one of the other few universally good characters, Saphira has the biggest grudge, and Hardy is, and forgive the pun, rock solid as well. That leaves the Elite 4. We know Laura was relieved of her duties for whatever reason(my theory is that El pulled some strings and Bennet took her place), but we know NOTHING of who the Elite 4 actually are, nor the Champion. There's like...two characters we've met who don't really have anything else about them: Lin, the boss of Team Meteor, and DJ Arclight. Considering that Lin is incredibly strong, there's a strong chance she's somewhere high up. Arclight runs the nightclub for the Elite, so he's also got connections.

Who knows though? I might just be talking out of my ass.

I'd also like Victoria back. She can be pretty boring but I find her quite realistic.

In terms of leaders that could be connected to Team Meteor really I think that the only possibility is Samson (though I think that this is unlikely) because of his feelings for Terra.

I think the Elite four has Anna in it as well given her interview with Gossip Gardevoir on TVs when you finish episode 15.

Samson....dated Terra? I always thought that they three circus leaders were involved in a kinky threesome......

Yeah.. I'm not sure. To me it always seemed like Samson was closer to Terra but I'm not completely sure.

Probably because he wasn't sorry for killing the Medicham? Shruuuuuuuug

The more probable explanation is that Medicham wasn't important enough to anyone other than Kiki to warrant an apology to other characters.

"Hey, sorry for killing your friend's Pokémon."

"Why are you apologizing to me? It wasn't mine."

You're free to have your own opinion, but please try to ensure that the basis of said opinion is rooted in reality.

His apology was genuine. Not apologizing for Medicham's death doesn't change that (more-than-probable) fact.

In a situation where cal hadn't of joined team meteor, he would of resided on top of the volcano(i think?) and him being there i feel would have warned off team meteor from trying to set up a pulse there(or at the very least he would have told kiki, which i assume would have led to them getting help), thus resulting in Team meteor setting their sights on somewhere else. Because from the look of it, a pulse machine doesn't seem to have the mobility of an iphone charger(obviously speculation) and would seem to take time to set up. If cal wasn't on the volcano, then yeah, things probably would have gone relatively the same, or most likely even worse.

Cal allied himself with Team Meteor before going to Apophyll Academy. If he hadn't helped Meteor, he probably wouldn't have even been on top of Pyrous Mountain in the first place.

Edited by Foamy

I have a question (apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask). When will this game be finished / what will be the last episode? And roughly how long would it take? This is easily the best Pokemon game I've played (huge shoutout to Amethyst) and I played it ~18 months ago. I finished to the latest episode but stopped playing since there wasn't much to do after that, and by the time the next episode came out I lost interest as I got really busy irl and picked up on competitive Pokemon, which is where I spend 99% of my Pokemon-playing now. I definitely want to try this game again since it's so good, but yeah I just want to ask how close is the game near to completion now? Just for personal OCD-ish reasons I like playing games that are finished, obviously no rush for the makers though, I understand it takes long and real life gets in the way, I'm just curious.