[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

Kind of odd, maybe, but not unreasonable. It's apparent the Laura is a better trainer than her big sis, Anna is almost certainly a better trainer than her big bro, I think by the current episode it's safe to say Fern is a better trainer than Florinia, and lets not even get STARTED on Heather and Corey. So it could quite easily come out that Hardy is a better trainer than Titania, age within a family isn't always indicitave of skill from what we've seen so far.

Very true. I feel like it was implied somewhere that Titania was stronger, but we won't know for sure until we get there. For me it doesn't really matter which of the siblings is first, Torterra's still gonna EQ spam them to death.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

So these animations... are gonna a take a while. I don't expect to be finished with the E16 batch within the month. I'll try to post gifs semi-frequently though so it doesn't seem like a dry spell of development. Remember in terms of animation capability we're about on par with 3rd gen since 4th gen and on uses a lot of alpha-fading (which isn't consistent with our existing graphical style) and particle effects (which we don't have a generator for).

Here's the redone stat-up animation. Gif quality is a consideration, but thanks to whoever recommended Gyazo.

44c38de6fb80d480538060659bc20847.gif

Oohhh, will they have different colors for each stat up? Or just this single one?

It looks really unique and fits well enough. If the animations are crisp, then I don't think it'll be that much of a hard time to wait for the episode. ^^

So these animations... are gonna a take a while. I don't expect to be finished with the E16 batch within the month. I'll try to post gifs semi-frequently though so it doesn't seem like a dry spell of development. Remember in terms of animation capability we're about on par with 3rd gen since 4th gen and on uses a lot of alpha-fading (which isn't consistent with our existing graphical style) and particle effects (which we don't have a generator for).

Here's the redone stat-up animation. Gif quality is a consideration, but thanks to whoever recommended Gyazo.

This looks really nice. Keep up the good work!

We're going to get some sort of Dragon specific field because there isn't one yet and we have a dragon leader slowly approaching. We don't need a field for Hardy, or Amaria as they have the mountain and water field to work with respectively. That said, I feel Adrienn could use a field that's better than the mist field, because that can easily be turned out of his favor with some poison moves or gust, etc. So Adrienn and Saphirra take two fields. Even though we know the desert field will be used in the desert, one gym leader already had that kind of field, so Titania needs a new one, otherwise Drought Ninetales will destroy her with the 8 turn droughts. So we can now believe that 3 of the 5 remaining leaders get fields. Leaving the last 2 for what will probably be either a default E4 field and Champion field, or a new field entirely with E4 reusing old fields and the champ getting the last field. This is all speculation of course, the fields could be anything at this point, not to mention Ame may get some brilliant ideas in the future.

This talk of fields and gyms make me want to say that we will have to fight 5 gyms in the span of 3 episodes if we want to end on 19. Who do you guys think we'll fight? I believe it will Go Adrienn for E16 -> Titania then Amaria for E17 and then Hardy then Saphirra for E18. This is all speculation of course, going off of what I believe may be the final order. It may not be but you never know. Also Ame has mentioned before that we will fight everyone from league at some point in the game. So don't worry we will definitely fight Arclight and Anna and Heather and every else in league at some point. Also speaking of Anna, I'm really hoping one of the new fields is some sort of starry field for her. It would be really nice imo, with moves like Meteor Mash, Draco Meteor, Hyperspace Hole, etc. getting boosts. Notice anything about those moves there. Psychic types can get them with Metagross/Jirachi, Lati@s, and Hoopa. Of course Anna doesn't have legendaries, and a field like that would be OP if she did have them. Ame would never put us through something like that... Right?

Well anyway the star field could help Anna spam Cosmic Power. That would be a nightmare 0.0. Really hoping we get a starry field. Please owo

I feel like you might not be to far off there with a starry/space field. I have a sinking feeling in my gut that Anna is going to be the champion, so it would make sense for her to have a totally overpowered field.

I feel like you might not be to far off there with a starry/space field. I have a sinking feeling in my gut that Anna is going to be the champion, so it would make sense for her to have a totally overpowered field.

But such a field would be pretty cool for a dialga/palkia/maybe rauquaza battle. I wonder if the e4 would get custom fields? Or maybe just one field for the league and one for the champion? I feel like Anna could be e4 instead. The only confirmed member so far is El, right? Laura was "fired" and Bennet was promised a position... Maybe Arclight's also a member?

I think Bennett and Laura will at least have the same field if they are part of the Elite.

Whatever it is though, it needs something to counter Fire types, especially since the Grassy Terrain can just be burned and then singe them both.

But such a field would be pretty cool for a dialga/palkia/maybe rauquaza battle. I wonder if the e4 would get custom fields? Or maybe just one field for the league and one for the champion? I feel like Anna could be e4 instead. The only confirmed member so far is El, right? Laura was "fired" and Bennet was promised a position... Maybe Arclight's also a member?

Heather was also confirmed to be a member

EDIT: NINJA'D

Heather was confirmed too somewhere in Beryl ward I think. I remember something about her replacing her mother (seems to be a recurring theme).

Heather was also confirmed to be a member

EDIT: NINJA'D

Inb4 Double-edge/Return Megamence I've seen both. So with Heather being in the E4, and Saphira being a gym leader, a dragon field seems likely. Probably gonna nerf fairy types. Y'all better start training up your Glaceons or dragons but let's be honest your only options there are Flygon and Druddigon. Ice rules!

Edited by SnowGlaceon

Remember how vivillion has that one move that causes fire attacks to blow up in the pokemon's face when they use them? A field utilizing that would definitely shut down fire types, like a powder field or something. It could also power up powder moves by giving them priority or 100% accuracy.

Stopping Fire-type moves is ok, but also damaging the user in the process is a little bit too OP. And i like the idea of Priority Spore, since my Breloom is gonna be all over it.

• Administrators

Oohhh, will they have different colors for each stat up? Or just this single one?

It looks really unique and fits well enough. If the animations are crisp, then I don't think it'll be that much of a hard time to wait for the episode. ^^

Afraid not, since that's not in the code. Also, it's not something the main series has done to my knowledge. Red = Up and Blue = Down has been the common thread for animations in the franchise.

That looks pretty damn cool! I wonder how the stat-down animation will look.

Keep up the good work!

P-much the blue-reverse of the stat-up. The sounds we have for these two effects are from 5th gen, so I based the animations off of that.

Got through all the statuses tonight, but they're all fairly simple, of course. Next up is shiny, mega evolution, and weather.

Inb4 Double-edge/Return Megamence I've seen both. So with Heather being in the E4, and Saphira being a gym leader, a dragon field seems likely. Probably gonna nerf fairy types. Y'all better start training up your Glaceons or dragons but let's be honest your only options there are Flygon and Druddigon. Ice rules!

Heather is actually a Flying-type trainer, so unless she packs other Dragon/Flying Pokemon (which seems quite unlikely) a dragon field wouldn't suit her really well.

Heather is actually a Flying-type trainer, so unless she packs other Dragon/Flying Pokemon (which seems quite unlikely) a dragon field wouldn't suit her really well.

Really? How did I miss that? Probably because I've only ever seen her with Salamence. I feel stupid now, whoops.

I think I'm more scared of her now that I know she's a flying trainer then I was when I thought she was dragon. Skarmory, Talonflame, Megamence... Any other possible threats I'm missing?

Really? How did I miss that? Probably because I've only ever seen her with Salamence. I feel stupid now, whoops.

I think I'm more scared of her now that I know she's a flying trainer then I was when I thought she was dragon. Skarmory, Talonflame, Megamence... Any other possible threats I'm missing?

Crobat, Gyarados, Staraptor, Noivern, Mega Gyarados, Mega-Aerodactyl, the Mega-Zards (I hope to god she has one of those instead of Mega-Mence, that would be brutal). Hawlucha. There are a lot of good flying types. I think Heather's most likely going to be more a offense-based Flying type trainer, since Ciel was defensive. So I don't think we'll have to worry about stuff like Skarmory.

To be honest, I was convinced she was a dragon trainer too for a while. It wasn't until I saw Shelly had named her Yanmega after Heather that I realised that she used flying types(that and I guess the name should've tipped me off too).

Edited by aquawaffle

For Saphira, I was hoping to fight her on the Holy Field, since that boosts Dragon type moves but also boosts Fairy type moves, so it's not a one-sided Field... We might not fight her in her Gym if she has one, like how we fought Noel in Tanzan Cove rather than the Orphanage, and we haven't seen Labradorra City yet. It's probably unlikely, though, since a Holy Field doesn't really fit Saphira's theme. She'll probably get something new.

And yes, Heather is going to be a hyper-offensive mono-Flying trainer, as stated by Amethyst.

Afraid not, since that's not in the code. Also, it's not something the main series has done to my knowledge. Red = Up and Blue = Down has been the common thread for animations in the franchise.

This is true for every generation (with visual accompaniments for stat changes) except gen 3, where each stat was color-coded. Speed was blue, Defense was green, Attack was red, multiple stats at once was gray, etc.

Edited by Foamy

bye lines welcome balls

This looks pretty awesome. And hopefully with some awesome sound to back the animation up~

I think Bennett and Laura will at least have the same field if they are part of the Elite.

Whatever it is though, it needs something to counter Fire types, especially since the Grassy Terrain can just be burned and then singe them both.

Maybe. We could see the return of other fields anyway. I don't think every E4 would have an exclusive field.

Will they have fields? Yes... most likely

That doesn't Ame can't reuse some ofthe other fields, right? yep.

inb4 dragon moves do 100% more damage to Ice Types. And field with stealth rocks up all the time.

rip

I don't think that'd be hard to code but perhaps a wee bit tedious, not out of the question if you wanted to go that route.

does that mean we can bother you until you do it

This is true for every generation (with visual accompaniments for stat changes) except gen 3, where each stat was color-coded. Speed was blue, Defense was green, Attack was red, multiple stats at once was gray, etc.

I really liked that detail in Gen 3. It sucked that they removed that feature in future gens.