Reborn ReRuns

jamesw0102

How many times have you guys restarted reborn and played again?

Regular (no challenges):1

Monotype challenge:0

Nuzlocke:1

My nuzlocke run actually went pretty well but I lost once I got to that poison gym leader where every time you put a pokemon down your pokemon would get like poisoned unless you had a poison type.

post-53083-0-66800600-1426196203_thumb.png

Edited by jamesw0102

4 times. My savefiles deleted. RIP

And holy the trainer card.

lol

I've played the game multiple times over the past 2 years, I really cant count. I've done a run with every starter, so that means something.

And whats up with the attached images? lol

I don't know how people have those images already attached to there post with out saying attached images I mean how do you get your trainer cards already attached to every post you post lol

I've played through it twice - I didn't do a challenge run exactly, though I chose not to use any of the pokemon I used in my first playthrough and I avoided grinding pretty much altogether (to put it into perspective, in my 2nd playthrough I beat Charlotte with an average level of about 60 - that's 10 levels under the level cap, with no EV training etc. and I didn't switch out any of my main team for it which meant I had pokemon that were almost deadweight like Chesnaught). I also always play on set mode because switch mode feels like cheating to me.

I've considered doing Nuzlocke runs before, but I feel as though it would slow the game down too much for me to enjoy it. If I were actually going to take a Nuzlocke run seriously then I would never fight any significant fight without having all 6 pokemon fully EV trained and at the level cap (well, if I were *really* serious about it I would even go well past the level cap since a level 100 that doesn't follow orders is still a hell of a lot stronger than a level 50...) - and that just sounds way too tedious to do.

I had like...6 or 7 re-runs I believe, dunno for sure since I started at E9. I apparently often get to the point where a team kinda starts to bore me and/or I think of something I'd like to use, but it doesn't fit into my team, so I make a new one around it and wanna see how it would fare against everything in the game I already beat......yeah. I have some decent amount of free time.

About challenge runs, I did 3. I got bored of a Fire Mono at around Shade, but brought a Poison Mono to victory against Samson back in E12 and lost the save sorta-soon afterwards. Also completed a Grass Mono in E14.

Never have nor will do Nuzlockes, I really don't like limiting my playstyle that much and leaving things to luck too much. One crit and your best member is forever out? Nope, not doing that.

Around 7-8 runs? Most of them didn't go past mid-game (it was just to refresh my memory and/or see other "branches" of dialogue) only 2 of them got to late game (my first and the one i'm using right now) but i'm done with multiple runs now (waiting for the game to be complete and then i will restart again).

I first started with Mudkip, made it up to Samson, but wanted some other pokemon that I couldn't catch from that point so I was like: Well, let's start over.

Then took a Piplup and got up to the Pulse Muk but I got Rekt so many times I was just done, so I started over again with Mudkip and now I'm pretty damn content.

Normal Runs: 1

Challenge Runs: 1 (In Progress)

My main playthrough I got all the way up to after Terra and am awaiting episode 15, but I may to another regular run once episode 15 comes out to see what pokemon availablity changed and to try out pokemon I never used before (The first run I used Machamp and Dusknoir for the first time since I didn't need to trade to evolve them). My challenge run is a mono 4th gen run that I have recently started.

Edited by deadpool848

Pokemon to me is addictive. Every run can be different because you can try new pokemon!

I replayed leaf green too many to count. Black and White and it's sequels even more to due actual plot, the pokemon variety.

X and Y were too.... under whelming for me to want to replay them a 3rd time and ORAS while being good in their own right. After having my save file corrupt due to a freeze broke my heart to want to try again.

Reborn is different in the fact there are still different dialogue choices I'm discovering that change up the story quite a bit and change what battles you do or dont do. Like I never knew saying no to a character changed up 2 important boss fights and changes events that happen later! There is still a lot Pokemon I never used in the game so I feel motivated to try them out in reborn. On top of that, the excellent story is worth re-reading time and time again.

I have too many reasons to replay reborn. Help.

I have played through it twice, the first time was with my old computer and I chose Chimchar and made it all the way to right before Samson's gym, I got stuck at the stupid Crustle puzzle so I dropped the game for a while until I decided to LP it from the beginning with my new computer. On that playthrough I chose Totodile but eventually ditched him in favor of Azurill and I finished Episode 14.

• 5 months later...

If I have to list...EVERY single time I ended up replaying the game at any point of the story..well

1. Starting reborn when there were only 7 eps, ragequit after 10min of having picked charmander and started on a rainy day

2. New run with Mudkip as starter, played through all eps up till 9

3. After a break from the game, more episodes racked up and gen 6 got released, decided to start fresh due to a lot of changes - starter Froakie

4. Felt like starting again in ep 13 due to more new things- Starter- Totodile and the team you see in my card now

5. Monotype run in ep 15- Poison- Team in signature