The Showdown Move + New Mods

Amethyst

• Administrators

So, this will not be surprising news to anyone who has checked out the public opinion thread about it, but it has been finally decided that we will be moving the online community to Pokemon Showdown. PO has been great, but, especially after seeing the (unexpectedly overwhleming) positive response from the community, I think it's time to move on. My hope is that PS will prove to be a much more stable simulator, and may revitalize and integrate the community- but hey, at the least, Aegislash will function... lol.

So, here's the plan for this. I'm going to look into getting the PS server set up, and once it is, I'll throw links everywhere that I reasonably can. The PO server is going to stay up until then, and, for good measure's sake, probably for a bit of time after we get PS so we can have a smooth transition. That said, I'd like this to go quickly, so I would like to be on PS by December. If that happens depends on the technical bits, but I'll keep you guys updated.

At any rate, it'll be the same old Reborn, just on a new platform. Bit of a learning experience for a lot of us, but hey, that's good sometimes!

In the mean time, not much will be changing with the forums. I do have an upgrade to do over the next couple days so we may have some down-time for that. Shouldn't be more than a few hours and the main site will be fine.

Additionally, we're picking up a couple new mods. Firstly, King Murdoc will be helping Hukuna out with our growing RP forum for at least a while. He's been a great contributor in that section, and I'm sure he'll do a fine job. Secondly, Hilda (Minerva) is joining the team as a global moderator for the forums! She's been great with creating a welcoming community and offering advice to keep everyone on track, and I have no doubt she'll do just as well in her new position. Congrats to them, and both of you, a 'thank you' from me personally.

no e14 is not yet shh

• Upvote 4