A Fistful of Field Effects

Amethyst

• Administrators

It begins.

We've got three new Field Effects today! It's likely none of these will surprise you in terms of where they show up, but a Field Effect is a Field Effect, is it not? These are just some of the new fields that will be joining the line-up in Episode 14.

First up, we have our most creative Field Effect to date... the Cave! ...Okay, who are we kidding? It's your typical cave. It's not going to be ground-breaking-- oops! Well, I guess it is. Literally.

fe23.png

Moving right along, we're coming in with two of our more unique areas' new Fields. And, I'm sure everyone can guess the leaders that will be receiving new teams along with them. Click on the links or the images themselves to head over the Field Effects page for a description of the Ashen Beach and the Wasteland!

fe20.pngfe19.png

Episode 14 won't be around for another couple weeks, but it is coming... and with it, another Leader's betrayal to Team Meteor. I wonder who~?

Until next time,

• Upvote 3

Damn it, looks like more annoyances, just another reason to throw my keyboard across my room. But on the plus side, they make the game even more detailed, and full, all this realizam tho

Edited by Magus

That's why you keep multiple saves to help with hopping from version to version, and to replay stuff for things like this.

Also, I reckon Titania.

Titania wouldn't be very surprising, as it's pretty much hinted at -already- if you play through the game. (Note, that's not conclusive either.)

I'm gonna say it's Radomus. He's currently in possesion of Anna's pendent, and is a hard fellow to pinpoint.

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, I WONDER. It's not like it's obvious or anything. Anyway, time to see if I have any resources to prepare for that field of Kiki's in my 6th gen mono run.

Titania wouldn't be very surprising, as it's pretty much hinted at -already- if you play through the game. (Note, that's not conclusive either.)

I'm gonna say it's Radomus. He's currently in possesion of Anna's pendent, and is a hard fellow to pinpoint.

Not sure about joining Team Meteor, but I am 97% sure there will be a plot twist that he's Anna and Noel's father. I mean come on, aside from his interest in the Amethyst Pendant, you can actually see the family resemblance. And he has a tragic dead wife backstory to match the kid's tragic dead mom backstory.

Edited by Eagleby18

The wasteland weakens ground types by....a lot since most of them only learn ground type moves through level up. Aya still seems very hard to get by as of now and if she's equipped with Drapion then I guess that's game for some people.

The Ashen beach seems to give ground types a chance to shine for anyone who isn't planning to use super effective moves against Kiki.

The Cave just looks fun.

Those gym battles look like they're gonna be hard.

Gotta try........ gotta try though....

Very interesting field affects. That gives me an idea...

Now folks, Imagine creating moves that allow these kind of field affects to be used outside of the 'areas.' Next, allow major pokemon of that strategy knowing said moves. Finally, along with the pokemon of the strategy, give Zoroark access to these moves, and justify it's way of learning all the moves as 'Illusions.'

Have your competitive minds been blown yet? More 'long term' affects than Weather and 'Rooms.' Compelling, warp able, 'environments' with their own strengths and weaknesses. Whether this is possible or not, would this not be revolutionary?

Anyway, great challenges await.

Edited by TurboAura
  • Upvote 1

Very interesting field affects. That gives me an idea...

Now folks, Imagine creating moves that allow these kind of field affects to be used outside of the 'areas.' Next, allow major pokemon of that strategy knowing said moves. Finally, along with the pokemon of the strategy, give Zoroark access to these moves, and justify it's way of learning all the moves as 'Illusions.'

Have your competitive minds been blown yet? More 'long term' affects than Weather and 'Rooms.' Compelling, warp able, 'environments' with their own strengths and weaknesses. Whether this is possible or not, would this not be revolutionary?

Anyway, great challenges await.

The thought of what you said in the spoiler actually happening scares me a lot. Please don't give Ame ideas...

So who do you guys think the leader will be? Could it be Blake? Could it be Cal once more? Maybe Aya is a double agent. Maybe Shade is with them. Maybe Hardy joins to save Aya? Only people I'm ruling out are Titania, Amaria and the circus trio...except Terra. As we know Terra ran off to do who knows what. Now you may have noticed I didn't rule out Adrienn. Think about. Team Meteor wants to make reborn pure again. Adrienn is after the same goal. They could easily manipulate xym and have xym join. So much speculation and yet, so little time. I should probably rule out Anna, Noel and Shelly, Which I'll do right now...but...I keep forgetting about Radomus...I don't know what to think anymore.

Edit: Also did anyone notice Land's Wrath gets a boost in ashen beach? It may just be me, but i believe Zygarde will be there...In the aftergame :P

P.S. It may just be in case you get it from metronome or something, but still.

Edited by jman390