Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

"Wait up!" The last thing Shiro wanted right now was to be alone, so he followed Robert into the forest. "Shun, try to keep up with Kiai... then you could guide us further into the forest..." Shun nodded and flickered, following Kiai with her Shadow Sneak. Shiro turned to Robert. "What was that roar?" He asked curiously. "You think it... maybe had something to do with them..."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert heard Shiro as he followed after him in pursuit of the group. "Not sure if it has to do with them or not. What I AM sure of is that that Roar wasn't a good sign, and it's best that we get to them as fast as possible. Voltage, if your able to, be ready to let loose a Shock Wave incase they are in trouble." They continued on, until they found a group of seemingly-aggressive Haxorus near someone. Wait, is that Slade near the Haxorus's? "There, someone's in trouble. Voltage, draw some of their attention with a Shock Wave!" With that, Voltage let loose the attack on the Haxoruses that were in sight, hoping that it would give Slade time to get out of immediate danger.

Edited by TurboAura

'And the number one a**hole of the year goes to... Me...' Danielle thought to herself, fighting back her own tears. After Jacob finished his confession, she put her head down with her arms crossed; she couldn't bear the thought of seeing poor Jacob's tears and the agony he went through these past six weeks. It is not as if Danielle never dealt with rejection before; it's the fact at that she hasn't rejected someone when she likes another guy. To make matters worse, her admirer is one of her two closest friends and he knows about her feelings for the other close friend. Although she tried to reject those fuzzy feelings, they eventually came out. Go figure, Danielle was never great at hiding her emotions anyway. She finally held her head back up to face Jacob, the guiltiness welled up within her as she tried to speak. As she learned from her past experiences with guys, the best way to deal with rejection is to be honest, no matter what. "Jacob, I'm so so sorry for my ignorance. I never wanted to hurt you; you're my best friend. It's just---"

A loud, sudden roar echoed throughout Devin's garden, jolting her out of her stupor. The sounds of footsteps, make that very loud footsteps, were then heard. With each passing second, they seemed to get louder and louder, almost as if they were rushing towards them. Out of the corner of her eye, Danielle spotted Glacien delivering an ice ball towards... Two Haxorus?! "Mon Dieu! T-Talk about rude!" Danielle snapped to no one in particular. Of course, her insult was not heard by the incoming dragon horde. She instinctively got behind Jacob's back to face any incoming danger from that direction, holding out Avis' Dusk Ball. "Unfortunately, our company doesn't seem to know the meaning of privacy, so we will have to continue this later. But, know this: We will always be friends, no matter what. So with that being said, let's get ourselves out of here. I doubt we can face them all at our current level." Danielle said quickly, wiping away some of her tears. She took a look at Ryan, who has fallen into the mud as he tried to escape. "Avis," Danielle called, letting the Dusk Ball face the two Haxorus, "Operation D-F to those Haxorus now! Stay out of their range of attacks!"

With a burst of black aura the emancipated from the Dusk Ball, Avis zoomed towards Ryan and Glacien before she released a huge mass of black feathers towards the dragons to blind their sight. The Murkrow quickly flew up to the sky to await for further orders.

------------------

In the woods, Corona sighed as Jacob confessed his feelings. Although that will be solved, another problem will arise. Most people will now know that her master has a crush, too. Corona looked up at Slade and chirped, as if she was asking something. Before she could get a response, however, the loud roar punctuated the area and, seconds later, the Larvesta saw 3 pairs of red eyes behind Slade. Corona gave a loud cry and pointed to his back with her tiny arms, hoping to alert Slade to the incoming danger.

Shit, I'm done for. The Glacier Ball had struck the Haxorus, knocking them both back but with only a small amount of their health dropping due to Glacien's lack of experience. Before Ryan could surrender, he saw Avis fly towards the Haxorus, showering them in feathers. "Glacien, get over here!" Ryan grabbed Glacien and ran back towards Danielle and Jacob. "We need to get out of here now!" Ryan winced as his ankle suddenly cracked loudly.

Jacob snapped out of his reverie as he heard the Haxorus' roars. He quickly began to wipe away his tears as he unclipped Chalchi and Teo's balls from his belt. "Danielle, we'll finish this conversation later," he said quickly, trying to get into his battling focus. If I can't get out of here, at least everyone else can, he resolved. They're much too powerful for us to take down. Danielle was right. There's only one way out of this, he thought to himself as Ryan ran into the clearing. He looked to his two friends sadly and pointed in the direction of the scorched battlefield. "You two need to run, NOW!" he barked at them. "SLADE!" he hollered. "WHATEVER'S GOING ON WHERE YOU ARE, RUN BACK TO THE BATTLEFIELD!" Jacob pressed the release buttons on Chalchi and Teo's balls. When the two saw the Haxorus pair, they knew precisely what their Trainer was thinking and took their battle stances.

He looked at Danielle and Ryan as if it were the last time he'd be able to. "I have an idea. It just might work, but if it doesn't we need to run." He turned to his Pokemon. "Chalchi, Teo, use Slippery Slope!"

Chalchi nodded, her eyes glowing green as she released a Confuse Ray toward the large Dragons. As she did that, Teo used Sand Tomb to create a large pit between the Trainer group and the Haxorus pair. Next, Chalchi used Water Gun, hosing down the area underneath the Dragons' feet. She then quickly used Freeze Dry, creating a large ice slick for the confused Dragons. As they tried to approach Jacob and his Pokemon, the fearsome beasts misstepped, tripping over each other and falling onto the ice.

"Now, Teo, Pitfall again!" he ordered. Teo immediately used Sand Tomb to create a hole underneath the ice. Under their combined weight the ice broke, causing them to tumble into the deep hole. Although the Dragons hadn't sustained much damage, they were now tangled up in one another in a hole that was too small for them to maneuver effectively in. They roared in frustration as Jacob turned back to Ryan and Danielle. "We need to find Slade! Let's go!"

Edited by Jory

• Support Squad

It took a little while for Claude to stop his shaking knees and lower his voice to an audible pitch. Even so, it was squeaky. If that was the sound of what he thought it was... "Kage, was that what I think it is? Because if it is what I thin it is, I don't want to think any more. I'm not kidding, if that was..." Claude took a second to say the name "Tyrantrum, then i'm going to be running faster than a ninjask can fly." Great, just as Lancelot and I were about to train....

"Nice idea!" Danielle waved Avis to Slade's direction before she turned to run back towards the forest. However, Danielle saw that Ryan was falling behind. He seems to be limping. 'Those Haxorus can get him for sure at this rate.' She turned her head towards the forest and yelled, "Corona, I need you! Use String Shot to bind Ryan's leg up! Avis, take Corona's place and help out Slade! Jacob! We have a wounded warrior here!"

-----------------

Corona heard her master calling and Flame Charged her way to Danielle as Avis flew by her. The Larvesta looked at Ryan's injured ankle and quickly let out her silk threads to bind the injury firmly. Although it would still hurt Ryan, it will do until they get proper medical treatment back at Devin's house. Corona looked at the two draogns struggling to climb out of the slippery hole with their hands and tusks. Without a command from Danielle, she fired out more String Shots towards them to wrap their bodies in order to buy them some time.

"Pretty sure. Drake said the dragons here were friendly though, right? Plus, you have Fairy-types, right?" Kage didn't particularly want Claude to leave him mostly alone with the beast, despite his words. However, he didn't want to leave and miss the chance to befriend one of the mighty dragons.

Jacob looked concernedly at Ryan's leg, then got an idea. "Teo, use Strength to lift Ryan onto Chalchi's back!" The Trapinch complied, getting under the other Trainer and carrying him on his back. "We need to get Slade and get the hell out of dodge right now!"

• Support Squad

"Pretty sure. Drake said the dragons here were friendly though, right? Plus, you have Fairy-types, right?"

As a matter of fact, Claude was hugging Doux so tightly he had to fight not to crush the poor fairy.

"Well, yeah, but I, kind of, maybe have a serious fear of Rock types. And I'm sorry but a tyrantrum pretty much fits the bill of 'Perfect Monster' " As Claude said this, he got noticably more jumpy, scanning the trees around them.

Ryan stood in awe as Jacob was so quick on his actions to suppress the two Haxorus. Damn, I've got some tough competition when the tournaments come around, don't I. Ryan knew he was falling behind when they turned to run away from the Haxorus. Ryan was about to yell when Danielle ordered Corona to bind his leg. As Corona was wrapping him, Ryan yelled to Glacien. "Glacien, once again, Glacier Ball!" Before Ryan had even finished his sentence, Glacien sent out his water pulse and flash froze it. He them slammed it towards the Haxorus, knocking them back down the hole and blocking its opening. Ryan was about to turn and run again but he was lifted by Teo onto Chalchi's back. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." Ryan winced again as his ankle turned the wrong way as he adjusted himself on Chalchi's back I sure hope Kage is alright. If he gets hurt I'll never forgive myself. Ryan looked towards Danielle and Jacob. "But what about the other students? What if they're stuck in our same situation?"

"Shun, Thunder Wave!" Shiro shouted as Shun emerged from one of the shadows, launching a barrage of tiny electrical sparks at the fearsome creatures. The waves did nothing more than distract them, their hides were more than enough to shield them from the attack.

"Robert, we should escape!" Shiro pulled Robert by his sleeve. "This is our chance, lets go!" He pulled Robert towards Danielle and the rest of the group.

• Veterans

Hearing a roar,James hurried back to the area where the other kids where only to see Devin's Humongous Haxorus standing there paralyzed.Wanting to get the others out of there safely"Use Haze Shade!"He asked his friend immediantly.

Kenny and his Team were woken with a jolt by the Salamence's roar, and then they heard the Druddigon. Kenny acted quickly, giving orders to his team.

"Ryu, grab onto Zorro! Zorro, make us look like a Boulder!"

Kenny and Ryu then took hold of Zorro as the Zorua put up an Illusion around the three of them, making them look like nothing more than a small boulder standing next to the Tree.

Edited by K_H

"Well, if you're afraid, remember that a predator will only chase you if you run away. Otherwise, they won't see you as prey. " His speech was for his own benefit as as it was for Claude. "Besides, wouldn't it be nice to not be afraid of them? What better way is there to conquer a fear than becoming friends with it?"

• Support Squad

"What better way is there to conquer a fear than becoming friends with it?"

"By piercing it's skull with your flag." Claude replied succinctly. The banter had begun to take Claudes mind off of the looming threat of the terrifying rock type nearby

Danielle scrambled to pick up Corona before running alongside Jacob and Ryan. "You did your best, little one. But save the rest for one that is running after us, okay?" she told her bug Pokemon. Corona squeaked with glee and proceeded to keep watch from Danielle's shoulder. Seeing that Corona is content, Danielle addressed Ryan's question. "Believe me, Ryan, I would love to help the others out, but we need to get ourselves to safety first if we ever want that to happen. And I'm sure those students have the same idea as us, although I don't know if they are compassionate enough to care for the others as much as you."

Henry heard the loud cry of the Salamence and so did his Pokemon. "Brings back memories of that battle long ago, doesn't it. From my memory, that doesn't sound like the Bagon families war cry, but everyone probably heard it. There's only one way to find out, Zuko, find that dragon." Zuko stood there unsure what to do next. "You know what a Bagon smells like so try finding a familiar scent to that. I'm not too thrilled about meeting a Salamence either, but we need to. I don't like being in the dark."

Zuko sniffed for a bit until he got the scent of the dragon and headed out. Henry followed behind and used his stick to speed up the process. Henry was a bit uneasy not seeing many dragons running around on his path. The faster he found that Salamence, the better he'd feel.

"Whatever. As soon as we get back I'm going back. I don't want to find out that my friends died and I could have done something." Shit, don't think about Kage. He can handle himself. He's with someone else I'm sure. Ryan's face was significantly less glee, a face of depression more likely.

Slade had no idea anything was happening due to his headphones being turned up to max and his eyes closed head banging to the loud music. He had returned Flare to his pokeball so no one could warn him. So he sat behind a tree listening to his music unaware of the dragons fighting his friends.

Jacob ran into the brush in the direction Danielle had emerged from. He immediately spotted Slade with the three Haxorus behind him and shouted, "Look out!" However, he then noticed that the group of Haxorus wasn't attacking the other Trainer. In fact, the seemed to even be trying to sneak up on him. A look of horrible regret rose up on the Trainer's face as he realized just what had happened. "Oh, no..." he muttered. He ran back through the bushes toward Danielle and Ryan, then spoke quickly. "Those Haxorus weren't attacking us, they were just trying to scare us! None of them attacked Slade, but they're all right next to him. We need to extricate those others from the hole before they actually get mad!" He then looked toward Teo. "Use Sand Tomb to push those Haxorus up through the ice! Hurry, before they get hurt any more!"

• Support Squad

"Says who? Maybe there's a reason we don't know the secrets of the mind yet." Claude pointed out. He had to admit though, now that the spike of fear from the roar and the thought of a Tyrantrum had passed, he was kind of curious "But, I digress. Whaddya wanna do? I mean, none of the pokemon will really attack us, like you said, but, well. if it IS a Tyrantrum..."

A look of pure horror and regret came across Ryan's face. "No no no no no. Shit. I never meant for this to happen. I broke my ankle because I had overreacted to a simple spook by the Haxorus. Now Devon probably won't trust me to train a dragon, this is a disaster."

"Oh great, Slade seems completely oblivious to the situation. Shiro, either be ready to cover-fire or try and find the others. I'm gonna do my best to snap Slade out of whatever's going on and get him outta there!" With that Robert did his best to swing around the Haxorus, holding on to Voltage incase they got to him. Luckily, atleast to Robert, the Haxorus didn't cut him off, allowing him to get to the oblivious Slade. "Slade, get up, we gotta go! Come on."