Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

Shiro screamed at the sight of the two dragons clashing so suddenly. The blow from the flying one was so strong it litterally shook him as well even though he was a few meters away. The cloud of dust caused by the attack covered Shiro's vision after a few moments, acting like some sort of a curtain between him and them.

Shiro, not wasting a second to think, turned left and ran into the forest, still holding the unconcious Ralts in his hands. He just wanted to get out of there with Shun as quickly as possible...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jacob's jaw dropped as he saw the Salamence hit the Hydreigon like a meteorite, sending it crashing suddenly to the ground. "Woah!" he shouted in surprise, unable to fully comprehend the power behind the blow. To bring down a Hydreigon in one hit... He's so insanely strong. Devin's training methods have really paid off! he thought excitedly. "Come on guys, pick up the pace! I want to watch Salamence fight that Hydreigon!" he said excitedly, a bit of the old fire returning to his eyes as his mind strayed from Danielle. He began to walk more quickly, his eyes glued to the Dragons in the distance.

"That sure was a great flight. Thanks again mister Flygon. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did." Sissy said while petting Flygon. The Flygon bowed down letting her climb down from him. Her hair were out of their shape making Miss came out from her nest to fix them. "I'm glad I have you with me Miss. I don't know what my hair would be without you." She said and gave a huge smile back at her pokemon. MIss returned the smile, which suddenly changed ,into a weird looking pattern, making her dissapear once again back at her hiding spot.

"What happened Miss?" Sissy said, realizing that she and Flygon weren't the only ones in that area. She turned around and saw two boys next to her.

"Oh, thats why you dissapeared so suddenly. They look friendly ones.." Not like the one from earlier " so you can come out." She reassured her pokemon.

"Hello there. I'm Sissy, and this shy one is Miss. Pleased to meet you." She said pointed at the Misdreavus that came out from her hair.

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch," Slade said to Ryan, "You still have that leg to deal with, and I'm not just gonna sit and let you climb that mountain by yourself. So like it or not I'm coming with you on your climb, that is if you're fit to climb after they check." He gave a big smile and chuckled a bit.

"Well that depends on whether or not we get grouped together sir, so don't you counter your Torchics before they hatch either." Ryan gave Slade a wink. Ryan tossed his two pokeballs into the air, releasing Feroces and Glacien. "I'm sure you guys are hungry after all of that." Ryan chuckled and tossed them each a couple pokeblocks. "So what's got you in a such a great mood? I mean you could easily be back at Devin's enjoying yourself but you seem pretty satisfied to be here." Ryan cocked an eyebrow. "God knows there's someone I wish I could be back there with. So why so happy?"

Robert replied with a simple "got it," and ran right behind Jacob. As they were headed to where the Salamence was fighting the Hydreigon, Robert sworn that he heard a scream. It sounded... familiar? He simply thought to himself while running, 'Wait, was that... Shiro? No, it couldn't be, Shiro left while they found the Salamence, and we didn't cross through the place we found the Haxorus on the way here. Don't worry, focus on the people that're actually there...'

Edited by TurboAura

"It's because they care about you, they care more about you then the little camp out." Slade said to Ryan with a smile. 'Man, now I feel like I'm in one of those cheesy movies you always see.' Slade thought to himself, 'I don't even like cheese...'

As Henry jumped back a little bit, he saw the dust draw past him and a hole right in front of him. This Hydreigon is pretty smart as well as skilled, but you won't be able to blind me so easily. After all, this is common in the dessert so you learn to use your ears. Henry looked up and saw the Salamence tackle the Hydreigon to the ground making more dust rise. Salamence, your timing was infallible. I can't let my guard down yet though. Henry had keen eyes and prepared to dodge whatever the Hydreigon might throw at him.

Zuko gave him a quick nudge. Henry responded, "I know, but there's nothing we can do about it. It's their choice to come closer, but we're stuck here until the battle finishes. Devin sure is full of surprises." I still hate these bloody dragons...this whole thing didn't help.

Danielle remained silent all the while as the group made their way to Salamence and Hydreigon. Since Jacob seems to be returning to his old self when she isn't speaking, she might as well enjoy it while it still lasts. Once they reached the battle ground, they found that the Salamence had pummeled the Hydreigon, sending up a cloud of dust that obscured their view. "Guys, hide behind something. I don't think it's safe to go any closer." she recommended her group. Danielle quickly found herself a nearby tree to lay low; it was close enough to observe the battle while keeping herself safe from any stray attacks (or so she thought). No thanks to the dust, however, she didn't notice that Evan and Henry were very close by.

-----------------

Avis, on the other hand, was observing the scene from a nearby tree branch until she heard Danielle speak. The dust cloud was forming over the two boys and the Vulpix, obscuring them from the view of the dragons. Realizing the perfect opportunity for them to escape, she flew over to Henry, Zuko and Evan to get them to move over to where Danielle and the guys are.

I don't think the bird realizes how much danger he's in. Henry looked over to where the bird was circling and noticed someone crouching down right in the danger zone. You people really are trying to kill me. Henry raised his stick and waved it to catch the Murkrow's attention. He then used it to point to a giant hole on the ground and then back to the figure crouching down hoping the bird would figure out the rest.

Henry then returned Zuko and sent out Gypsy and put her on his head. He slowly made his way to the trainer with his Venonat ready to alert him if an attack was headed his way. Despite his injury, Henry knew he could run out of the way if needed, but it'd mean a very long expedition for tomorrow though. The yells of the two dragons did seem to make him invisible as well.

((Darklight, you can bunny Henry to warn you about the danger if you want as he won't try to speak because the Hydreigon has very good hearing.))

Edited by commander218

• Support Squad

Claude was almost in tears, he was not having fun ((I am)). When the Mother Tyrantrum started sniffing around looking for pokeblock, he was fighting his own vocal chords for control. Of course, it was at this point Lancelot decided to Peck at Claude, tearing open his pocket to get at the Pokeblock he normally kept for Doux and Lance. The pokeblock fell out and Lancelot began to dig in, not sparing a thought for the Tyrantrum that loomed over him. However, Doux, being the kind pokemon he was, floated up to the Tyrantrum and offered some of the food.

• Veterans

Fading back into our world,James and Shade arrived just in time to see Devin's Salamence take down His Hydreigon in one hit. "Oh my god,how is that even possible.Hydreigon's are insanely strong....I want one of those Salamence beasts." He thought to himself as he stood wide eyed.

Kage was a bit surprised when the Flygon landed next to him, but he was too entertained by listening to Claude's reactions to the Tyrantrum to really be bothered. He idly started rubbing the neck of the Flygon as he replied to Sissy without turning his head, acting as if he was looking at Claude. "Hey. Nice to meet you and your Pokemon. I'm Tsukihashi Kageharu, though you should probably save us both some time and call me Kage." He gestured at the Beldum floating nearby, with his Ralts floating along beneath him. "The blue one's named al'Thor, and the little guy is called Lucas." Both of them looked at the new arrivals, with Lucas giving a small wave. They were also pretty amused by what was going on, however, so they remained where they were.

Hydreigon vs Salamence

Hydreigon managed to free itself from Salamences grip, whipping up even more dust. Because of this Evan didn’t see Avis and moved backwards very slowly to make as less noise as possible. His foot found the edge of a hole and he quickly jumped into it to take cover. He was pretty sure Henry and that other idiot would be gone by now.

The Hydreigon gained a little distance before firing off a super effective Dragon Pulse. Salamence dodged it with ease, the scales shined a little to regain full power (roost) as it went for another Double-Edge and recklessly tackled the Hydreigon down again. The brutal Pokémon roared in anger and was confused as to why it was being attacked. After all, it only defended himself against potential intruders who tried attacking him.

Elf, Murdoc and Tses

Tyrantrum was pleasantly surprised when Doux floated towards her and offered some of the delicious food. The only problem was that the Cottonee was so small and she didn’t want to eat the Fairy type for a number of reasons. Maybe it was best if Claude gave it to her? She nudged him again, looked at the Pokéblock and back to Claude to tell him to feed her.

• Support Squad

Are you fucking with me?! Why me? Let the guy who doesn't shit bricks, that he's scared of too. do it! After marshalling himself, with an incredible force of will, Claude offered the pokeblock to the mother, preparing to lose his rigid arm in the process.

Henry continued his way towards the person when his Venonat bit him on the head. Suddenly, a giant blue beam shot right next to Henry just missing him (dragon pulse). Dragons will be the death of me if Shiro doesn't get to me first. Henry continued his slow movements hoping he could get to that person in time. Evan should be fine, but we need to pull as many people back as possible. He could no longer see the Murkrow, but he doubted the Hydreigon would go after it.

"Nice to meet you little fellows, and you too Kage." Sissy said, waving back at the small Ralts. Her attention was then drawn by the other kid there, who was trying to feed a Tyrantrum. Probably this one is one of Devin's pokemon too. Seeing how the boy was shaking, she tried to reassure him that nothing bad was going to happen to him. "Well you don't have to be afraid of her. She seems quite friendly. I don't think she will attack you or anything. Unless you try to harm her or her children." She said, approaching them.

Avis analyzed Henry's movements as he pointed to her master and something on the ground. The Murkrow looked down below her to find a sizeable hole in the ground and, as she was still trying to comprehend what he was suggesting, she saw Evan diving into the said hole. Avis quickly flew back to Danielle to report her findings, remaining silent all the while.

"What's up, Avis?" Danielle asked her bird, who quickly covered her mouth to keep it down. The Murkrow then pointed to the huge dent in the ground nearby before flying over to it. Avis then waved the others with her wing furiously, suggesting that they should follow at once. Danielle was about to protest about the poor view that the hole will offer before a Dragon Pulse zoomed by her right side. 'Okay, nevermind. That's definitely a much better idea than getting myself blown into bits.' As silently as she could, she crawled towards the hole while notifying the others about it (by pointing to her Murkrow) on the way there. Once the guys are notified, Avis hopped into the ground patch and took her place besides Evan to enjoy the brawl.

A bright blue light flashed and a Dragon Pulse headed straight for Jacob. Thinking quickly, he dropped to the dirt and covered Teo with his body, closing his eyes tightly as the powerful attack flew above him. When he opened his eyes the Hydreigon and Salamence were still going at it, their blows echoing like thunder throughout Devin's garden. He turned his head frantically, searching for the other students in the area. Upon seeing Evan jump down a hole in the ground and Danielle follow suit, Jacob was tempted to follow them. But if I follow them, then I'll be missing out on the experience of a lifetime. Who says learning has to be safe? he thought excitedly, a sly grin appearing on his face. The grin turned to a chuckle as the earth shook around him and Teo's head poked out from underneath Jacob to see what was going on. "All right, buddy," he said softly. "Let's see if we can get a better view of this brawl." With that he sprung to his feet, scooping Teo up and beginning to run in a curving path around the Dragons so he could see how they moved with so much power.

Seeing Avis signal towards a pit nearby, aswell as seeing how close they were to getting hit in the Dragon-crossfire, the dire situation made it seem like the pit was the safest place to be. Robert called back Kiai to make their movements more discrete, and headed to the indent as quickly, and as safely, as possible, doing all- but diving in head first to avoid anymore attacks.

Edited by TurboAura

Henry was now able to distance himself enough to see the battle better and to be safe from almost all attacks. He watched as some idiot was running trying to get a closer look at the battle and Danielle and Robert jumped down into a hole. "Idiots. They're all idiots I tell you. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do but wait."

Zuko and Gypsy were now on the ground watching the two powerful Pokemon collide. Henry looked down at the two. "It's funny how this violent fight broke out just because of a misunderstanding. I quickly realized my error when Shiro suddenly flew." Henry tightly gripped the stick. "I'm going to kick his ass for this. He nearly killed us because of his stupidity. We were lucky that Salamence arrived when it did." Henry then took a deep breath to calm himself. "At least we know what not to do in a situation like this." Henry then looked back at the two dragons clashing against one another.

Edited by commander218

"Well, Mr. Ray of Sunshine, I don't know about you, but it's not everyday that I get to see two dragons dueling." Danielle hissed after the rubble passed over them. "And besides, that is the reason why we came down this hole in the first place: To start getting away from them. Now let's get out while we still can so we can accomplish both looking at the battle and feeling safe from attacks instead of arguing!"

--------

Avis was a little disappointed when Danielle asked to pull out. She sighed before turning back to fly off to a higher tree branch a little further back from the battlefield.

Wait. There was someone in here before them. Robert had missed that bit of pretty important information. 'Why exactly did Avis signal us to go in here? She SHOULD'VE seen this guy in the hole if she saw the hole itself.' This was an pretty... Negative situation. The least he could do is try to explain why they were here. "Uh, sorry dude. Devin told us to go find the Salamence and tell it about the Hydreigon that it's dealing with right now. We were following it to here, and almost got hit in the faces with a Dragon Pulse. Danielle signaled us to the hole, from her Murkrow's suggestion, and it didn't seem like anything short of this would leave us with enough cover to avoid broken bones..." Through-out explaining how they got to this point, Robert realized something very important. 'Why didn't we just get away? Why run into a pit instead of running through the forest.' Simply put, Robert was feeling stupid through hiensight, realizing where the adrenaline put him.

"In retrospect, we, atleast I, got a little carried away. Sorry about that..." Then, he heard Danielle's later statement. 'Why did we get in the hole anyway if we're just going back out?' Robert was confused, but decided to go with it.

Edited by TurboAura