Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

Danielle grinned. "Glad to see that your Agility has worn off too, good sir. And you know I can't resist company~" 'Especially your's... Wait, what?' Corona waved her little arms at Slade, overjoyed to see them together. Danielle and her Larvesta then looked up when Jacob pointed to the Flygon and Claude that were soaring gracefully overhead, barely taking in what Jacob just said. The coordinator-in-training stared at the Flygon in awe before returning back to Earth. Although her head was in the clouds, Jacob's infectious enthusiasm made her laugh. "Alright then! Let's see what Pokemon are up for grabs then! I'll be following right behind you~ You know," she said, turning to Slade this time, "Since Jacob seems to have a Pokemon in mind already, what about you, Slade? Are you going to follow those students and get a dragon too?"

Avis, overhead, was almost blown off course by the Flygon that was carrying Claude. She sighed; being a small bird certainly has its limits with air space. Avis looked after the Flygon that soared higher and higher into the clouds before she lowered her gaze to the ground, spying on the groups of students that are disbanding into the forest. Avis took notice of Slade in particular, since her master was there, and Jacob, just in case Teo's trainer got himself into trouble from his excitement.

Edited by DarkLight

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan flinched, closing his eyes tightly after seeing the mouth of the Salamence approach his hand. Ryan slowly opened them as he felt the berry vanish, realizing that the Salamence was being gentle. That was when Ryan's eyes directed themselves towards the stone on the Salamence's neck. "This, I've seen this before. My father, Wally, he has one. It works with his Gallade. A mega stone." Ryan had never heard of a mega Salamence. Well you know more things than one might expect don't you Devin?

"Me get a dragon, maybe but not right now." Slade said as he looked up at the sky. "I need to focus on these to guys here and maybe a 3rd one if they catch my eye. But in terms of dragons I don't think I'm ready yet." He looked towards Danielle. "So, I was thinking of catching something that would be easier to manage before I go for a dragon. How about you, are you going for a dragon?" Slade asked Danielle walking besides her and Corona

Edited by EXLink32

I don't get it at all. He is soo stubborn. Well i can't do anything for him now. "What do say you Miss? Should we take that path over there?" Sissy said and pointed with her finger a small path near the back door of Devin's house. Miss stared at the top of the house only to see some Altaria and Swablu sleeping there. Their nest could possible be nearby. "Come out Miffy." She said holding Miffy's pokeball. Her Flaaffy appeared in front of her with a small yawn in her mouth. "Let's move on."

She followed the path, only to lead her back at the lake where they started. "I guess our luck is off for today. Lets rest here for a while. What do you say?" She said and sat down on a nearby tree. Miffy sent out a big yawn and fell asleep on her legs, while Miss came out from her hair only to look at the blue sky.

Edited by Tses

• Support Squad

After letting out a scream of shock and terror, Claude finally regained his wits. Oh my dear sweet baby pidgey, this is terrifying and exhilarating Claude eventually began to whoop in poor wonder and excitement, all the adrenaline in his system sending him higher than a rare candy junkies. The sight was fantastic, far greater than what he saw in the ground, and this time he could see the pure beauty of it all. Son enough though, he realised that he needed to get back and find his pokemon, and some friends too. "uh, could you please drop me off next to the cottonee and Karrablast please? I kind of need to get back... and not fall into any pits this time." Claude asked with a chuckle. He didn't know if the flygon understood, but it seemed friendly enough, and it decided to oblge him when it chirped an affirmation and swept down to Doux and Lancelot. After thanking the flygon, Claude scooped up Lance in a tight hug. Lance squirmed of course, but he had gotten used to Claudes affections. "Don't you DARE run off again you rascal! Now, let's go explore, shall we?" And Claude headed off towards where the others had gone, still dazed and awed at his impromptu flight amongst the clouds

Corona squirmed out of Danielle's arms and jumped her way to Slade's arm. She almost fell off because of her tiny legs, but she managed to steady herself before crawling up to his hat and sitting on it. The Larvesta chirped, feeling accomplished for conquering Mount Everest. Danielle chuckled before answering Slade. "No dragon for me either, although I don't know if I will ever get one. No dragon has caught my eye yet, not even Flygon. Besides, I need to fix my Rock weakness first!" she pulled out her Pokedex with Mawile's information and showed it to her friend in red. "This can fix that and the fairy weakness that my team has, but I'm nervous about it too. It is a fairy type after all..."

"I think that would be a great idea, and don't worry about the fairy typing because me and Corona will be there to help!" Slade said doing a fist pump with the hand Corona wasn't in. He wasn't too sure how he would help but he would in anyway he could. Slade could tell sense Danielle's determination to catch that pokemon and he would make sure that she would catch it. He then took out his pokedex and searched till he got to the page where the pokemon he wanted was on, then he showed it to Danielle. "See this one is fast, and can cover many types of weaknesses." It showed it's typing, abilities and moves it could possibly learn, anyone could tell it was very diverse.

Evan walked away from his roommate who was all over a Kingdra that just popped up. He reached what looked like the edge of the battlefield, crossed it and found a small place with flowers. He decided to lie down against a tree since he had no idea if he even wanted a dragon. He closed his eyes for a few minutes, while Eevee and Cleffa were playing around, and when he opened them again he stared right into the eyes of a Dragonite.

After getting 'pushed' to a group of people by Shiro, he decided to introduce himself, assuming that this was the group Shiro meant for them to go to, as well as realizing that he never really talked to any of them. "Hello, my Name's Robert, and I'm guessing Shiro knows you from somewhere?" He was happy to think that Shiro was being less- 'shy' about meeting people, but being the new guy was always awkward.

Henry eventually made his way over to the Kingdra area before deciding to sit under a nearby tree. He pulled out a Poke ball and summoned his Venonat. "Listen you two, I'm not going to get far without that ice pack. I need it to keep my mind distracted from the pain." Henry pulled out a small plastic bag and gave it to Zuko. "I'm starting to think we might need an ice type around, but I'm not going to pick it just because I'm in a little pain. Drilbur is what I agreed upon before leaving and that's what I'll get. Now fill that bag up with Water and convince the Kingdra to freeze it with Ice Beam or something. If you fail, you'll be hearing a lot of griping from me."

The duo took off and closely approached the water. The Venonat help the bag in place with Confusion while Zuko lifted it up with its teeth. The two noticed the Kingdra in the distance and were unsure how to approach without getting blasted.

((I don't care if they fail or not. This is just the most logical place Henry would go to secretly get ice for his leg.))

"Thanks Slade. I really appreciate it." Danielle smiled at Slade's encouragement; it was exactly what she needed in order to keep a clear head once she found that Pokemon. Corona also chirped, agreeing with what Slade said. She would be happy to help out, and she would need to since Avis can't really touch fairies without putting herself at risk. Corona looked down below at Slade's Pokedex as Danielle shifted through its information. The Larvesta then looked behind them and chirped in alarm, not realizing that they have more visitors.

"Hey, this Pokemon suits you mister I-am-faster-than-anyone-else-here," Danielle teased. "Let me know if you need any help as well. I will be rooting for you on the sidelines." Corona's chirp then made her turn around to find Shiro and a new guy she hasn't met before, or at least she's not familiar with.

"Hello there Robert and Shiro! I'm Danielle and this is Slade and Corona. Jacob is up ahead and Avis, my Murkrow, is up above our heads. And yes, I had a honor of helping Shun out with her burn a long time ago so that was the start of our friendship~" Danielle greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, we weren't really... I mean, we didn't know what else to do so we came over to you. Maybe... I don't know. We have 3 and a half hours of free time..." Shiro finally approached Danielle from behind the cover of Robert's body and shook her hand. Shun came from below and greeted Danielle with a loud chirp. She was apparently happy to see her, but not only her.

After Shun was done with Danielle, she moved on to Slade, so Shiro naturally shifted his head to see him. He seemed familiar...

"Oh!" It was as if a lightbulb had appeared above Shiro's head during the moment of realization. He raised his index finger and opened his mouth wide as he spoke. "You- you're the one from the forest, right?" He asked Slade. "You saved Shun!"

Jacob felt a twinge of jealousy as Slade got very close to Danielle. He knew he shouldn't feel that way, especially since they were both his friends, but dang it all if his heart was being a huge jerk about the whole thing. Since the beginning of the semester his feelings for Danielle had waned slightly, but he still felt very attached to her. He turned a bright shade of red, clearly flustered by the incident and not really knowing how to react. So, he did the only thing he knew how to. Distance himself. He cleared his throat, then spoke. "You know what guys? On second thought, I'm going to head off on my own. It might be easier for me to find the Pokemon I want if I can focus on just that. I need to clear my head," he said, his curt tone clearly contrasted from the jubilant one he'd been speaking in just a moment ago. "Sorry to run off on you, Shiro," he added, beginning to feel overwhelmed. Teo shifted uneasily in his Trainer's arms, not sure why Jacob had become distant so quickly.

With that, Jacob strode off into the forest, all his thoughts bouncing around his head like a million bees in a jar. Why can't I shake my feelings for her? And why doesn't she feel that way about me? What's so special about Slade, anyway? he thought to himself, distressed at the prospect of losing his friends to something like this. Jacob had noticed how Danielle felt about his friend three weeks into the semester. It wasn't really hard to if you spent enough time watching her face around the other teen. The way she smiled dreamily at him and acted all flustered when her Pokemon interrupted her. I wish I didn't know, he thought sadly. It was so much easier to pretend when I thought she might feel the same way about me. He abruptly stopped walking, looking around. He'd wandered pretty deep into the forest, enough so that he could no longer hear any of the other Trainers. There was an eerie quiet to the area. Not even the chirps of the usual avian Pokemon could be heard. Jacob finally gave up, sitting with his back to a tree and putting Teo on the ground. The Trapinch climbed up his shoulder and nuzzled his head, knowing that his Trainer had finally had enough of the charade.

"You- you're the one from the forest, right?" He asked Slade. "You saved Shun!"

He glanced at the ralts named Shun, he then remembered the time in the forest and that ralts that was handing from the trees. He then turned to boy who's name was apparently Shiro and said, "Nah, I didn't really save him," Slade said as he started to scratch the back his head, "I just kinda helped him out. Anyone would want to help a person in need right?" he said with his face slightly turning red of embarrassment.

"You know what guys? On second thought, I'm going to head off on my own. It might be easier for me to find the Pokemon I want if I can focus on just that. I need to clear my head,"

"Jacob, no wait," Slade yelled but it was too late he was long gone and the forest was so thick that you could barely see through it. Slade sighed as he turned to the two people besides him, "What should we do? We can't just let him run off by himself." He told everyone concerningly and with a hint of disappointment.

Mareek stayed by the pond as the others all ventured off else where. Quite honestly, he already knew what he needed to know about Dragons from all that Prof. Cadmus had taught in class; that and the fact that as cool as dragons were, he wasn't all that interested in actually picking one up as a team member at the moment. There were bigger priorities on his mind, while, yes, a dragon would pretty much resist a lot of things, what he needed at the moment was something to take down Rock, Fire was already covered, a bit of training to actually use Vacuum wave the right way a few weeks ago with Erce had made sure of that; he had just flat out lied to Slade when he had refused his battle... he preferred to simply keep that little tid bit about having figured out how to get rid of flames under wraps for the time being.

"Stop searching already," He said to Java. He had set his Pokedex down on the rock beside him, allowing the Porygon to browse through it as much as it so pleased. "I already know what we're going to catch on the trip." Java appeared out of the screen a moment later, looking at him expectantly. "Maril," he said simply, though Java just sat there and gazed up at his trainer as if he had said 'Rattatta' or something.

"Look it up, You'll see why..." The Porygon disappeared back into the dex at that remark, popping back out a moment later. This time it looked at him approvingly and nodded.

"Good to see we're on the same page then," Mareek said, giving a subtle yet rather weak joke. He leaned back on the rocky outcropping he was sitting on, gazing out over the pond as his Co-Strategist went back to it's own affairs within the Electronic Database. He couldn't help but think of how helpful Java had been since they'd met back weeks ago, Porygon's were made entirely of Computer Coding and Scripting, that he already knew, But what Java was capable of seemed to go beyond simply what a few bits of programming told him to do. It was able to think ahead, to plan and counter plan and counter those counter plans, which is what made it such an excellent assistant for hashing out strategy and fight scenarios... he just hoped it wouldn't go and start acting crazy once it fully evolved, as it was commonly rumored to do...

((Feel free to start a conversation or whatever if you're in the area))

• Support Squad

(Tie to use this time effectively))

Claude had ventured off towards where he thought the oher's had gone, but soon enough, he found he was utterly lost, with no clue where he was other than somewhere in the mini jungle taking up the garden. Sighing, he sat down and looked at the small karrablast in his arms, wondering what to do with him. He was worried, becuase he didn't really know how to make him shine. The small bug squirmed in his arms, until e burst out with anger and began pecking at Claude, who swiftly dodged, falling into the same pattern that they had begun to develop during the time they had known each other. soon enough they were midway into their small dance of when inspiration smacked Claude in the face. Soon after, so did Lancelots horn. "Lance! I know how we can make you shine!" Claude exclaimed as he jumped to his feet, excitement radiating form him. "Now, i need you to listen to me..."

Danielle was shocked at what had just transpired. That wasn't like Jacob at all. Did they do something that made Jacob run off like that? She stood there with her arm reached out to try and stop him until Slade asked if they should go after their friend. "Y-You're right, let's go and find him. Avis---" The said Murkrow was instantly by their side; Avis looked a bit sad though as she look to where Jacob was last seen. The bird then gave a heavy sigh before she perched on her master's shoulder. Corona also gave a sad cry as she sat on top of Slade's head, knowing what Avis was thinking. Danielle looked at both of them quizzically; they must know something that she doesn't. "Avis, Corona, what are you two hiding from me?" Danielle asked. No response came from the Larvesta; Avis, however, pointed to Danielle and Jacob with her wing before she fluffed herself up and rested her head on her body. It's better for Jacob to explain it than she, herself; Avis did promise not to tell her master after all.

"Well, if tracking him from the sky isn't working then we'll sniff him out." Slade said with a smirk on his face. He took Flare's ball and released him. Flare yipped as the white sparkles from coming out of the ball appeared. "Flare, try and see if you can find Jacob's scent then follow it." He sniffed around for a while occasionally spinning around. Then he got the scent trail and did a bark affirming that he did.

"Great lets go!" He said looking at Flare. He then looked at Shiro and said, "You don't have to come if you don't want to, it may get dangerous in there. Danielle, I'm sure 100% going. But really you don't have to endanger yourself." He said concerningly to the boy.

"Anyways, less time here the better. Flare, follow that trail!" Slade said adjusting his fedora and Flare yipping. The two went off the trail of Jacob's scent and proceeded into the forest.

Edited by EXLink32

Well... a problem sprouted up yet again. Just as introductions were starting up between him and the group, one of the guys, which he could assume was Jacob, decided to split off. It would've been normal, really, but the others seemed to act as it would be unusual. Just after Slade headed off to follow Jacob, Robert asked Shiro how he wanted to handle this. "Well, Shiro? You wanna head off after them? Personally, if the problem IS him heading off alone, then there should be power in numbers in this situation." After finishing that, Robert actually thought of what Slade said to Shiro before leaving. He didn't HAVE to give chase, Arceus knows that there's enough things Shiro seems to be worrying about. "Slade DID give you a choice. Either way, trust your gut Shiro. I'm right behind you, either way."

Edited by TurboAura

As the other students dispersed throughout the reserve, Kage had just sort of been wandering about, enjoying the sounds and smells of the area. He heard the calls of a few dragons as he meandered about, eventually making his way toward the woods. He heard the calls of a few Sliggoo as he made his way from the water, but didn't stop to listen for long. He wondered if Drake really had every Dragon-type living in the woods here. It'd be rather hard to make room for every single one, especially the hyper-aggressive ones like the Hydreigon line. Plus, there was one that was long-dead until fossil reanimation was perfected. Tyrantrum were also supposed to be particularly aggressive; they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Abruptly, Lucas alerted him to the presence of another human nearby. Kage had been thinking and hadn't noticed him speaking, but he was pretty sure he recognized the voice. "Claude? Is that you?"

"Sorry for the short introduction, Robert, but this is really important to us. Shiro, Shun, we can talk later!" Danielle quickly apologized before speeding off after Slade and Flare. 'Avis was never this quiet before. And Corona was never this nervous. I must be really missing something important, but what?' "Slade, wait up!"

-----------------------

Corona clung onto Slade's fedora for dear life as he sped into the forest. She chirped to Slade to try and get him to slow down and wait for her master. It is important for Danielle to be at the scene because the situation, if her instincts are correct, could be solved by Danielle.

Edited by DarkLight

Jacob sighed in frustration, running his hands through his hair once more as Chalchi and Teo looked on worriedly. His Pokemon had done everything they could think of to comfort him, including Teo falling off of Chalchi's back in an attempt to make their Trainer laugh, but to no avail. The young man seemed intent on battling his inner demons himself, and so all they could do was be nearby in case he needed them. I just... How can I go back there knowing that every time I see Slade talk to Danielle I'm going to hate him for it? Why did it have to be my friend? he asked himself again, stuck on the fact that he was now at odds with the very people he should be able to talk to the situation about. Jacob finally looked up, noticing the concern in his Pokemon's eyes. His own began to well up as he once again began to feel overwhelmed by his emotions. "I'm sorry, guys. I don't want you to worry about me. It's just..." he trailed off, feeling slightly awkward about talking to his Pokemon about his personal problems. No, he said to himself. They've been here for you this whole time. They want to know why you're sad. He looked up at Chalchi and Teo, smiling sadly.

"Danielle is the only girl I've ever felt this way about. Yeah, there have been other girls I've had crushes on, but none that I've gotten to know like her. None that have her brains or her incredible talent for making people feel welcome and safe. How am I supposed to deal with the fact that she's interested in one of my best friends at the entire Academy? It's not just that she likes him, it's that she likes him instead of me," he said, the feelings he'd kept back for so long beginning to rush forward. "It's so hard to pretend that I don't like her when I see her flirting with Slade all the time. And when she looks at him the way I look at her, it just kills me. It makes me feel like I'm invisible," he said quietly. "I've been the invisible kid for so long. I thought this would be a fresh start. I thought I'd left that all behind."

Finally, he stood up and walked over to Chalchi. He sat down, leaning against her side and scooping up Teo to cradle the Trapinch in his arms. "At least I have you guys, though. Thanks for hearing me out," he said sincerely, looking each Pokemon in the eye. "I love you guys. You know that, right?" he asked as tears began to roll down his face.

Teo nodded, not making a sound. He'd been with Jacob long enough to know what he was talking about. Chalchi nodded understandingly, but gave a questioning look to her Trainer, as if to say, "I want to know more when we get back to the Academy."

Jacob sighed, resting his head on the Lapras and closing his eyes. "I don't know what to do. I always know what to do, but right now I couldn't be at any more of a loss," he murmured, wiping away a tear.

Edited by Jory

As Slade was running through the forest he heard a chirping, and then he remembered that Corona was on his head from before, "Flare slow down for a sec." He said stopping to pick up Corona from his hat. "Sorry," he said to the shaking bug, "I kinda forgot you were still on my head." Slade said with slight chuckle then he heard a voice coming from behind him.

"Slade, wait up!"

It was Danielle, she was a little behind but a little can go a long way in this forest. 'We shouldn't go too far apart, I'll wait for her.' He thought to himself as he waited for the slowpoke to get over to where he is.

Ryan sighed and turned to Kenny. "I think I'm gonna explore some more. There are some other dragons I'd like to see before the time is up." Ryan spun on his heals, scooping up Glacien and letting Feroces latch himself onto Ryan's shoulders. Hopefully I can find something interesting. As Ryan walked down the trail, he decided that he wouldn't find much just sticking to a man-made path. Ryan veered off and saw a familiar face sitting, surrounded by a Lapras and a goofy Trapinch. "Jacob? Jacob are you ok?" Ryan ran over to see his friend wiping away a tear. "What happened man? You look awful."