Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

Henry watched as his team just sit there trying to think of a way to ask the Kingdra. "You want something done right, you do it yourself." Henry opened up his backpack and dug around and pulled out a bottle of pills. He spun the cap open and swallowed two of them. "Never thought I'd give into drugs so soon." He watched his Pokemon come back after a while and got back up on his feet to his Pokemons' surprise. "Gypsy, get up there and break a large tree branch off." He watched the Venonat slowly make its way up the tree and after a few minutes, a branch flew down and almost hit Henry. "Now use Bug Bite where I point to." The Venonat clipped the branch and formed a long walking stick which Henry grabbed.

Henry walked a few steps and was surprised how well he could move using the stick. "I guess this isn't so bad. Even if my leg never heals, I could get used to this. At least I won't be miserable in gym class. May as well learn to walk with this as practice for tomorrow." Henry used the stick to move a somewhat decent pace back into the forest. He had no destination in mind, but he was making sure to avoid Devin's house.

Edited by commander218

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corona sighed with relief as Danielle caught up with her and Slade. She chirped loudly to Danielle as if she was telling her to hurry up.

"I never thought I would say this," Danielle said, a little short of breath, "But maybe I do need the gym class after all... Anyways, we can continue running. I just wanted to catch up so I won't get lost..." Avis straightened herself out and took a look around her, trying to remember the route they are taking. The Murkrow flew off of Danielle's shoulder and landed on a nearby tree branch, waiting for Flare to lead the way.

Jacob looked up at Ryan, then panickedly hid his face and wiped away his tears. He then looked up at his roommate's... whatever they were... and gave him the biggest smile he could manage at the moment, which was frankly a pretty poor excuse for a smile. "Oh, nothing, man. Just sitting here enjoying nature and whatnot. Nothing special or depressing at all," he said quickly, trying his best to hold himself together. "What about you?" he asked, eager to change the subject. "Found any cool Pokemon yet? Or did you just come to hang out?" he continued, running out of ideas. He's reading me like a book, the young Trainer thought to himself, feeling like an idiot for trying to hide his feelings from Ryan yet continuing to try anyway.

After running for several minutes, Avis suddenly stopped in their path, causing Danielle to almost crash into her. "Avis, why in the --?" Danielle was instantly muffled by Avis' wing. As soon as she was quiet, Avis flew to a nearby tree branch and gestured to what is in front of them, remaining silent all the while. Danielle turned her head towards the said direction and found Jacob, Teo, Chalchi and Ryan (if she remember correctly) sitting there by a huge tree. The three appeared to be trying to comfort Jacob. Danielle looked at Avis with a look that asked "What now?" She figured that Avis and Corona were silent for a reason, so she must communicate the same way before making a potential mistake, whatever it may be. Avis blinked at Danielle and turned to Ryan and Jacob. She put one black wing to her beak before flying off towards the two boys, leaving Danielle and Slade behind.

----------------

"Murkrow?" Avis asked quietly as she landed on a dead tree log, making sure to keep respectable distance from the group.

Ryan scanned Jacob up and down. "Don't lie to me Jacob, something is wrong. This isn't about me anyway, so don't try to change the subject. Did something happen between you and Danielle? Last time I saw you two you both looked like you were hitting it off." Ryan heard a pokemon's cry and turned to see Avis. Speak of the devil and her pokemon will appear eh?

Slade noticed that Danielle went off and assumed she found Jacob he the said to Flare, "I think Danielle found him." Then they went besides her and saw what looked like Jacob being comforted by his pokemon, Avis, and another guy which he doesn't know the name of. 'Something's off here.' Slade thought to himself hiding behind some cover.

Jacob turned once Ryan did, sighting Danielle's Murkrow. The Trainer looked panicked for a moment, then realized it was futile. Either Flare or Avis tracked me here, he guessed. And that means... "They're here," he said quietly, looking to Ryan. "I know I haven't exactly been honest with you, but could you please stay for a little bit? I think... I think I'm going to have to tell her," he managed to get out, his eyes welling up. He then looked back to the Murkrow. "I know they're here too, Avis." He then raised his voice slightly to make sure everyone nearby could hear. "And if they wanted to find me, they have. So they can come out. I'm ready to talk."

Danielle raised an eyebrow at that comment. She never knew Jacob was hiding something from her... Then again, her Pokemon were also hiding something. Are they connected? She stood still, waiting for Avis to give a signal that the coast is clear.

------------

Avis' expression showed no emotion, cocking her head this way and that to assess the situation. When the coast is deemed clear (meaning that Ryan is not going to punch someone in the face) she raised a wing before flying off to a tree branch.

---------

"We can go now," Danielle whispered to Slade. "If you don't want to though, you could stay here. I have a feeling that this is something only I could solve." She walked over to pat Corona. "This was what you were hiding, right, Corona?" Without waiting for a reply, Danielle walked over to meet Jacob and Ryan.

---------

Corona chirped sadly as Danielle walked alone. She crawled onto Slade's shoulder and tried snuggling against him; she was scared of the outcome.

Edited by DarkLight

Slade was uneasy at the situation, never would he have expected this to happen. Slade decided it would be best for him to stay behind, and he could catch Danielle's subtle hint of him not intervening in this matter. So he sat down behind a tree putting Corona in his arms trying to comfort her because she was obviously frightened by the turn of events.

Edited by EXLink32

Jacob gulped as Danielle stepped out of the underbrush. He looked from Danielle to the other boy and back, then repeated the process several times. He opened his mouth to begin speaking, but no words came out. He looked over at Ryan for help, desperation evident in his eyes. I thought I could handle this. There's no way I can, though. Not with Ryan here, he thought nervously, looking down at the ground. Teo wiggled in between Jacob's legs and stared up at his Trainer. The message was clear:

You need to say something.

Finally, Jacob looked up. He swallowed the lump in his throat and pursed his lips, thinking of what to say. As he tried to form a sentence, the seconds felt like hours. He felt his heart begin to beat rapidly and a drop of sweat rolled down his forehead. His stomach felt like it was doing somersaults, and he didn't think he'd be able to take it much longer. More seconds went by in the oppressive silence. Eventually, he opened his mouth to speak, but this time he actually managed a few words. "I want to talk to Danielle alone," he said quietly, looking up at Ryan and fighting back tears. "It's really important."

Edited by Jory

Ryan watched awkwardly as he saw the sadness well up in Jacob's face as Danielle appeared with her pokemon. Ryan gave a slight nod when he was asked to be alone. "Ok, whatever you want." Ryan walked a fair distance away to where he could not be seen but he could still easily hear whatever conversation Jacob and Danielle may be having.

"Avis," Danielle called as she held out her Dusk Ball, "Come back." Avis flew down onto her shoulder, but gave Danielle a concerned expression. Avis certainly doesn't trust Ryan after her brief encounter with him. "I'll be fine Avis, don't worry." Danielle said, giving a few strokes on the wing. Avis sighed and gave a friendly peck on her ear before disappearing into her Dusk Ball. After putting Avis' capsule back on her belt, Danielle turned to face Jacob. "Is everything okay? What happened to you?" She asked softly.

Jacob took out his Poke Balls and looked toward his Pokemon. "Thanks for all your support, guys, but this is something I need to do alone." Chalchi and Teo nodded. With their consent secured, Jacob hit the return button on the balls and recalled them in a brief flash of light. He then turned toward Danielle, sadness in his eyes. Even now she's concerned about me and asking 'What happened?' If she doesn't know already, then I need to tell her myself, he thought to himself, mentally steeling himself for what he was about to say. "Nothing happened to me, Danielle, You know me. If anything physical happened to me, I'd rush into it head-on and accept the outcome. But this is different," he said quietly, treading on new ground. "I'm not good at expressing my emotions. I never have been, and that's something I know I need to fix." He took a deep breath and continued, knowing he was venturing into dangerous territory. "Do you remember the day we met?" he asked softly. "I know I do. You were standing in a group of people as usual. Avis was with you," he recalled, chuckling sadly. "Do you know why I came over that day?"

Danielle considered her words carefully; she could sense that this was not something to be taken lightly. She has a slight clue of what could be on his mind, but Danielle held her tongue. "Of course I remember. You praised my mischief-making bird. But," she paused, adjusting her wrist straps, "I can guess that there was another reason, judging by what you just said. Avis was an excuse, wasn't she?"

Edited by DarkLight

Jacob nodded sadly. "She was, although I meant every word I said about her." He sighed heavily once more. If I do that again today, I think I'll collapse a lung, he thought to himself. "Danielle, I don't know any other way to say this, so I'm going to just say it. I like you. A lot. And I know that you have feelings for... someone else," he said cautiously, still unsure of whether it had been Flare or Avis who'd tracked him down. He fought back tears once more, blinking hard. "I want you to know that I still want us to be friends. You're one of my best friends, and I don't want to ruin that. I've wanted to tell you for so long, but I knew pretty early on how you felt about him. I didn't want to make you feel like you had to choose. I still don't, but every time I see you look at him that way it kills me inside," he said quietly. "I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm at the end of my rope," he finished, his voice cracking on the end.

Ryan sat in silence, listening in on the conversation even thought he knew he shouldn't be. So nothing ever did happen between them? Damn. I need to brush up on my wingman skills. Ryan sighed inaudibly. Poor Jacob, letting out his emotions to her knowing she adores someone else.

• Veterans

James decided he wanted to explore the forest near Devin's house so he headed west(?) into it and Sent out Shade."Shade we're exploring the forest so do you wanna walk along"He asked his Loyal Partner.

Everyone

A few minutes after Kenny and Ryan left the uninterested Salamence, the dragon let out another mighty roar that could be heard all over the domain. Little did the students know he signaled the other dragons to come out. Most of them, except a very stubborn Hydreigon, listened to the call.

K_H

The tree Kenny was lying against wasn’t very far from a weird rock formation. The cry of the Salamence reached him loud and clear and it didn’t take long before another Pokémon answered. “Druuuud!!”

Elf and Murdoc

Before Claude could reply a terrifying roar filled the air. Both students were quiet for a minute or two, until they suddenly heard something heavy move through the woods close by. Every step it took made the earth shake a little. The trees on Kage’s left started to shake as the Old King came closer and closer.

Tacos, Jory, DarkLight, EXLink

While Jacob confessed to the Academy’s Heartbreaker; a group of Haxorus managed to quietly surround them. Neither student realized they infiltrated a dangerous territory. At this point Jacob and Danielle were still safe, but the two eavesdroppers had no way to escape. The numbers were still unclear but two Haxorus were standing behind Ryan and three behind Slade.

Azery

While James and Shade were taking a walk they could hear something behind them.

“Gible Gible Gible!”

If James would turn around he wouldn’t see anything, but the same thing happened over and over again, no matter how many times he turned around.

Stratos

Not far from where Mareek was, Alvin was sitting on the ground and seemed to explain something to Lana. The shy girl did nothing but nod.

They weren’t very far from the pond, where Colin was studying Kingdra, and a playful Horsea saw the young students. It was curious as to what the boy standing alone was doing. After it observed Mareek for a little way, the little seahorse came to the conclusion he was waiting for someone to play with. “Seeeaa!” the little thing tried to grab Mareek’s attention and fired a water pulse in his way.

Ryan was stunned as he heard the roar. That sounded like the Salamence Kenny and I saw earlier. I really do hope he's ok. All the sudden, the conversation between Jacob and Danielle was a lot less audible. It was being suppressed by rough and heavy breathing. A new scent filled the air, one that was rather awful. Ryan tensed as he looked over his shoulder. Is... t-t-that a H-h-haxorus? Ryan slowly turned the whole 180 degrees to face the Haxorus. Ryan gasped as he saw there was indeed another. Oh no, two of them? Are you freaking kidding me? A fairy pokemon would really come in handy right about now. Ryan wasn't going down without a fight though. He had no confidence in his abilities to fight these guys, but that doesn't mean he should try to escape. "Glacien do what we practiced. Glacier Ball!" Glacien responded by swiftly using water pulse and flash freezing it with powder snow. Next, Glacien used Body Slam to get the miniature, spherical glacier flying in the direction of the Haxorus. Ryan tried to get up and run but slipped in some mud and fell down closer to the Haxorus.

A mighty roar made Sissy wake up from her sleep. Both her pokemon were standing in front of her with a scared look on their eyes, looking at the way the roar came. She could realize that it was coming from deep inside the forest. Okey, so we are not going that way for sure. She thought for a moment and then stoop up from were she was sitting.

"Let's get moving girls. We surely don't want to get face to face with whatever gave that roar." She said and started walking on the opposite path from where the roar came. Miss and Miffy stood there for a second staring into the forest to see anything,but with no luck at all.They didn't want to battle that pokemon for sure. Then they hurried back to their trainer who was waiting in front of the path.

Kage was filled with a mix of fear and excitement. "Uh, Claude, is that what I think it is?" Unless he was mistaken about the roar, that was a Salamence sounding out. . . something. He didn't know THAT much, and he sincerely hoped it wasn't a challenge. However, the footsteps nearby didn't sound like a quadruped. The cadence was wrong, and the footfalls were far too heavy. Could it possibly be the ancient King of Pokemon, the mighty Tyrantrum?

Just then, Robert had heard the Roar, seeming to be from the Salamence above. It was pretty obvious that something was going down, and Robert doubted it was anything good. What made it worse was that Danielle and Slade had already headed off to the forest in pursuit of Jacob while he was waiting to know what Shiro felt to do. "That can't be good. Shiro, do whatever you feel comfortable with, but we're heading after them, just for precaution." With that, Robert released Voltage. "Riolu, try to find Jacob's aura and lease with Quick Attack. Voltage and I will follow." With that, they headed off into the forest.