Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

DarkLight, Jory, EXLink, Stratos, Notus and everyone else involved

Lana nodded to Mareek. “I know what you mean, but I’m used to it by now…” she watched Danielle for a moment. “I wish I could be a little more outgoing like her. She draws a lot of attention, including from boys” She was startled a little she admitted it out loud and put her hand in front of her mouth. “I-I didn’t mean it like that! It’s just that, you know, it seems like fun to be able to talk to everyone…” Her face turned red again and she quickly tried to change the subject. “I think she likes one of the boys that’s battling now,” she said almost whispering to Mareek.

Evan was sitting in the grass a little further from Lana and was watching the battle. His Eevee and Cleffa were sitting next to him. He raised an eyebrow after he saw what Slade pulled off. “Who knew Fedora Guy would use such dirty tactics… I hope the other one, what was his name again? Jake? , teaches him a lesson,” he said scratching Eevee behind the ears.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Who, Slade?" Mareek asked, glancing at the battlefield. He himself had been watching the way that Danielle girl had occasionally looked at his roommate. he turned his attention back to Lana. "Well... I honestly don't know if I have anything to say about that... he seems a bit on the scatterbrained side. He can think of interesting things in battle, but sometimes it just seems as if he completely lacks foresight. Chances are, he's probably not gonna notice..." Erce was parring her claws against each other nearby in boredom. Java, on the other hand, was no where to be seen, though a bright light emanated from the pocket of Mareek's jacket along with a few electronic tones and beeps. He seemed not to mind the Porygon's shenanigans at the moment.

"And by the way," he said. "I think you're honestly just fine the way you are; some people are just natural crowd drawers, others are more content with smaller and closer gatherings. It just takes the latter type of people a bit longer to get know someone and trust them. You'll be able to become a little more social and less shy if you just keep making an honest effort at it, so just go at your own pace, Lana."

Jacob nodded at Slade's words, his anger ebbing a bit. However, the razor-sharp focus that came with his rage was still there. He remembered Igor's words from the first time he'd felt this way during a sparring match: "Jacob, you need to learn to harness your anger. If you can bring it under control, you will emerge victorious. But if you let it control you, then you'll never be the kind of Trainer you want to be." As the young Trainer reflected on these words, he realized they applied to far more than simply martial arts.

"Alright, Slade, let's go! Chalchi, start the match off by using Confuse Ray!" he ordered. Chalchi's eyes glowed a strange green color as an odd light display began coming out of them, the mesmerizing pattern traveling across the field toward Flare.

"Flare use agility to Dodge the confuse ray, then run up to Chalchi's left and use Flame Burst but make sure you're s good distance away!" With that Flare left a glow behind him as he quickly drodged the ray and to Chalchi's right and shot a Flame Burst.

Edited by EXLink32

"Chalchi, that Flame Burst is a paltry attack compared to anything you can fire off! Douse the field using a Water Pulse!" A bright blue orb appeared in Chalchi's mouth and she fired it directly at the Flame Burst, causing the flames to dissipate close to the Lapras. The Water Pulse burst on impact, making the field near Chalchi rather wet. "Now use Freeze Dry to turn this field into an ice rink!" the Trainer ordered. Chalchi let out a cry and a shockwave of extreme cold emanated from her, instantly turning the wet field around her into a large patch of ice.

Good. Now he can't approach Chalchi without sliding around, and his Fire attacks can't get past her Water Pulse.

Edited by Jory

'Hmmm... It's going to be hard to move around on this ice.' Slade thought to himself. "Flare another agility to jump onto Chalchi's back then use fire fang to grip on!" Flare glowed as he jumped from the back of Chalchi this time and making sure he wasn't on any ice, then lepped straight for the shell on her back with his mouth a blazing aimed for the lower part of her neck.

Jacob grinned. Perfect. "Chalchi, look behind you and hit him with a Water Pulse!" Chalchi's flexible neck was easily able to look behind her, and as she locked onto the airborne Growlithe's trajectory another blue sphere began glowing in her mouth. She fired it directly into the Growlithe's path, forcing him to choose between abandoning his attack and landing on the ice or taking the super-effective attack head on.

"Flare move your trajectory down, then slide up Chalchi's tail up onto her shell!" Flare's body tilted down narrowly avoiding the water ball above him. He landed on the the ice and slid with the momentum of the jump still in tact ready to use that tail as a ramp. he was crouched in order to keep balance on the ice and if Chalchi doesn't do something quick she's gonna start feeling the munchies.

Jacob shook his head. He just won't stop with these ridiculous antics. What did he think was going to happen if he did this? Jacob wondered. "Chalchi, Water Pulse on your tail, now!" he shouted. The Lapras prepared another blue orb of water, firing it directly at the oncoming Growlithe, whose forward momentum on the ice could no longer be stopped due to his proximity to Chalchi. "No matter what, follow that up with another Freeze Dry!" Jacob continued after realizing that the missed Water Pulse had doused yet another portion of the battlefield in water, figuring the Freeze Dry would affect that area as well as wherever the next Water Pulse hit, whether it be on the Growlithe or another miss.

Flare got hit by the water pulse which slowed him as he sild into Chalchi beginning to freeze. Flare was really hurt by the water pulse and if he didn't do something quick he'd be completely frozen. "Flare use Flame Burst on the ground and then use reversal on Chalchi!" Flare used flame burst on the ground which melted the ice on the ground and the ice forming on his legs but not on his back. Being able to move his legs and the ice slowly spreading again blue orbs rotated around Flare and he rammed into Chalchi and with the ground not being ice any more, him being at point black range, and very weak this should do massive damage.

Edited by EXLink32

Chalchi let out a despaired cry as she was hit hard by the Reversal, the attack leaving a clear mark of injury on the Lapras's side. However, she was able to weather the hit admirably, her sheer mass keeping her in the same position as when she got hit. Her eyes took on a much more different look than they had beforehand. She looks... angry? Jacob thought, surprised at the sudden one-eighty his Lapras had done. I guess she doesn't like to lose either, he thought to himself with a smile. Chalchi was breathing heavily, and it was unlikely that she would be able to take another attack like that.

"Chalchi, while he's close use a continuous Water Gun! Hose him down until he's done for!" he ordered. The Lapras looked to her trainer and nodded, fire in her eyes as she remembered the training she'd done with Teo earlier that day. She fired a jet of water at the Growlithe that was right next to her, ready to adjust to any sudden movements he might make.

"Flare Chalchi is weak finish it off with bite!" With Flare's 4x speed he was easily able to bite the under shell before water hit him. He bit down hard due to how fast he was but then was flung off Chalchi after the water gun hit and slide all the way off the ice and froze solid, Fainted in the ice.

Edited by EXLink32

Chalchi gave a cry as she was bitten, slumping to the ground. "Great job, Chalchi. Return." Jacob said as he hit the button on Chalchi's ball. Man, that Reversal really took me by surprise. And by all rights that Bite should never have landed, but Chalchi and I will work on that later. Jacob gave Slade a thumbs up. "Nice going on overcoming a type disadvantage. But you forgot one crucial thing about our battle." With that, Jacob threw Teo's ball, releasing a tired but still standing Teo. "You had Flare use all his energy on that last ditch effort instead of dodging. Teo is still able to battle. This match is over," he said calmly, pressing the return button on Teo's ball.

He then walked across the field, extending a hand to Slade. "That was a hard-fought match. I should have seen that Reversal coming, especially since I knew that Flare had that move in store."

Slade shook Jacobs hand,"Great battle, It would've been nice to win though." He said with a smile on his face and then returned Flare to his pokeball. "Wanna go heal our pokemon together?" Slade asked Jacob putting Slade's ball on his belt.

Jacob nodded. "Chalchi could use some fixing up, although I can't say I'm happy that her Water Gun wasn't powerful enough to knock Flare away. Tomorrow I'm going to start her on an extreme power training regimen. No Water-type of mine is going to be beaten by a Fire-type again, that's for sure," he said sincerely, already thinking of ways to train his Lapras. He began to walk away from the fields and toward the nearest building with a healing machine, beckoning for Slade to follow. "D'you think we should tell everyone else where we're going? Or do you think they'll put two and two together?"

"It'd be impolite not to." Slade said looking he saw a whole bunch of new people around. 'I know I had my back to the people but this is ridiculous.' Slade thought to himself. He then told all the people there, "Me and Jacob are going to go heal our pokemon, be right back." He turned back the Jacob and said, "Lets go, the less time Flare's frozen the better."

October 7; 9.23 AM

After 15 minutes in the bus the students arrived at Devin’s home. Apparently he chose to live just outside of a small village; close to the Southern Forest and some small hills. The street he lived in was rather empty. His house was the first one with only two more visible in the distance. A small wooden fence was placed to indicate Devin’s territory. His house was made out of the same material; wood. It was rather unclear which species of wood was used but it was apparent Devin and some potential help, like Tyron, made it themselves. The house contained two floors and the roof was built in a point. On the first floor one big window was visible with a smaller one above indicating where the second floor started. The door was painted in an earthy green color, just like the roof. It was clear Devin didn’t waste any money on fancy houses.

“This way,” Devin said while holding the fence open. He ignored his house for now and didn’t say anything about it. The students could see why he didn’t spend much on his house: most of his money was used for his garden. If they took the time to look out the windows of the bus, they would’ve already seen his domain was massive, but once they entered it they could see exactly how much ground Devin possessed.

Devin Cadmus wasn’t much of a gardener, but his garden was as wide as two football (soccer) fields. The length was probably somewhere around 4 times that amount. The garden itself contained various flowers and trees and had a little wild life feeling to it. Apparently the only thing Devin did was take care of the weeds. A lot of different smaller wild Pokémon were running around. In the middle of the ‘mini-jungle’ was a path created. It split into different ways but Devin walked straight forward and took a left. If students looked at their right they could see the backdoor of the house that had the same color as the front door. Devin continued walking for half a minute and left the path. The students all followed him and gathered around what seemed to be a small pond. It looked a bit like a swimming pool but with more nature. Small rocks were gathered around, leaves were floating everywhere and small wild Pokémon were swimming. It was unclear how deep it was. Devin stopped next to it and waited for everyone to be gathered.

“Alright as you can all see I made a small swimming pool here. This is where I’ll start the little tour as some Pokémon of the Kingdra evolution line life here.” He paused for a moment because he knew exactly what the students were looking at. Behind his back was a completely open area. It was completely destroyed like a ferocious battle had taken place only recently. The grass was burned, other areas were wet and muddy and rocks were laying everywhere in different shapes and sizes. If one crossed said battlefield they would enter a more dense area. While they just walked through an area that mostly contained flowers and a tree here and there, the area on the other side was the exact opposite. It looked like a small forest with little place to walk, but for now it was too far to have a clear vision.

Some wild Swablu, 5 of them to be exact, and 2 Altaria flew over their heads as Devin started to talk again. “We will go over there in a few minutes. But first let me explain what’s going to happen. As you can see I’ve the perfect domain for dragon types. Most of them belong to me so it’s pointless in trying to capture them. You just saw some Swablu and Altaria fly over; they live on my house. You’ll see a lot of them during this trip. While this isn’t a trip to teach you all, I would advise you to be careful. I’ll let you lose in my garden so you are free to see what you want and meet various Dragons. The Kingdra line can mainly be found here, for those that are interested, while the others mainly live in that little forest over there. It’s almost 9.30 AM so meet me back at my house at 1 PM for lunch. I will be walking around and some of my oldest Pokémon are keeping an eye out just in case.”

He took a step aside to let the students pass. “One more thing; I ordered my Pokémon to behave like their wild counter parts. While they are friendly and won’t attack, they will show you how their wild counterparts behave. Take a good look and observe!”

((Welcome to Jurassic Park!))

((I forgot to mention to watch out once you reach the battlefield. It's invisible from where the PCs are now but it's filled with holes as well. The ground is completely destroyed over there.))

Edited by Chimchain

Ryan stood in awe at the gorgeous scenery surrounding him. It was all so perfect, a place for dragons to live naturally in the most domestic of ways. "I sure hope there are some Salamences over there." Ryan gazed to the forest and decided that it would be a good idea to investigate the area. He decided to slide along the perimeter of the battlefield as he soon saw that the field was rather hazardous with pits and occasional burning fires. Upon reaching the forest, Ryan didn't know where to start and just took a giant step into it, hoping to see something.

"It's about time we start exploring." Sissy said, looking at the magnificent area surrounding her. She started walking towards some trees,only to realize that this path was leading near the back door of Devin's house.

Kenny smiled when he saw the Forest, and headed into it, deciding to see what came to him instead of actively searching, sitting down next to one of the Trees.

Edited by K_H

Stupid leg. Henry felt a pain every time he made a step. He slowly made his way through into the forest struggling to make his walk look fine. "These trainers getting all worked up about Dragons. 'Lolz, I have a dragon so it's impossible to beat me. There's no way a pathetic trainer like you could win.' Guess the folks here aren't much better. I really don't care where, but I badly need to sit down. I badly need to get my mind off you-know-what." Henry walked a bit further and popped out of the forest and saw Devin's house. "This is going to be a very long day." He turned around and tried again, this time sending out Zuko. "Find a Dragon no one cares to look at. It'll keep people from bothering me with questions about my injury."

Edited by commander218

"Henry!" Shiro tried calling out to his roommate. They haven't spoken much during the day and he wanted to fix that. Something seemed to bother Henry. "Henry!" He called out once more, this time taking a few steps closer to him. But he got no response. Henry just turned around and walked his way.

"What's up with him?" Shiro turned to Shun on his shoulder, but she just shrugged her shoulders. She tried reading Henry once, but it definitely wasn't a nice experience and Shiro knew about it, so he didn't want to bother her anymore. "Still... what are we going to do here? I mean... I'm not even interested in dragons, and professor told us to come to his house at 1 pm, and now is..." He took the silver poketwatch from his left pocket. The sleek silver chain connecting it to his belt gleamed on the morning sulight as he rose up the watch in his hand. He looked at the time and nearly collapsed. "It isn't even 9:30! What are we supposed to do here for 3 and a half hours?" He leaned over to the nearby tree. The cold shadow felt nice on his skin.

He took a minute to put Shun down to the ground while he thought about what to do. He tried looking around, but he just couldn't find Robert anywhere. Did he already leave? Maybe he just couldn't see him because of the crowd... However, his eyes did lay upon Danielle and as they did, he felt a sudden surge of wamths flow through his body. Shun felt it too as she spontaneously blushed as well. Danielle looked stunning standing there in the woods, almost as if it was her natural habitat. Like the scenery was made for her.

Shiro turned to Shun once again, only to see her nod at him. "Oh well... I do need something to help me pass some time..." He pushed himself off the tree and started slowly moving towards Danielle, waving at her awkwardly. "Hi!"

Edited by Bfroger6

Jacob grinned like a madman as Devin led them out to the pond in his garden. The area was beautiful, Hell, there was even a certain desolate beauty to the battlefield, which was littered with pitfalls and the occasional seemingly random gout of fire. The young Trainer pressed the release button on Teo's ball, calling him out. His Trapinch looked up at him expectantly, then began to take in his surroundings. Teo gurgled in joy at the sight of the battlefield, which he immediately attempted to run toward. Luckily, Jacob was able to catch him before he got too far out into the dangerous area. "Teo, no!" he said sternly. "That place is really hazardous. Let's take a detour around it and into that forest," he said calmly turning around to look for Slade and Danielle.

Once he spotted the two, he beckoned them over. "Come on, guys! We're losing daylight here and I want to catch a new Pokemon!" he shouted excitedly. He then turned and looked toward Devin Cadmus, also known as 'The Coolest Person Ever to Walk the Earth.' He sighed in admiration. The way he commands the respect of people and Pokemon alike is the mark of a powerful Trainer. I want to beat him one day. Then I'll have proof that I'm a top-tier competitor!

As Sissy was walking near Devin's house, she noticed a shadow near some trees close to her. "What do you say Miss? Is this the one we are looking for?" Sissy said, trying to figure out if that was the pokemon she was searching for. Her Misdreavus came out of her hiding place and stared at the shadow for a while. "What do you say? Can you check it out? But make sure you don't scare it!" Sissy said, and the Misdreavus went straight to the trees where the shadow was. After some seconds she came back to Sissy, nodding to follow her near the trees.

After a while, she could she that the shadow was not a pokemon but the guy,who was training with his Vulpix the previous days at the academy. She could realize that his leg was injured due to the way his was walking.

'He needs help. But should i go help him.. or not?' . Her thought was quickly gone once she saw Miss in front of her face nodding towards Henry. "Okey you're right. We should help him." She wispered at her, and run where Henry was. "Hey there, are you okey? You need any help?" She said upon reaching him.

As Devin was finishing up his speech, Robert began to look around the area, and it was amazing. In full truth, he expected a mountainous area, but here was a natural forest, full of majorly Dragon types. Robert decided to see if he could find anyone to spend time with, since they had atleast 3 hours to use-up, and he had no idea plans of what to do.

(Anyone can go to Robert /say Robert was nearby. Especially if Robert has 'already met them.')