Pokémon Academy: Ch 2a: Dragons [IC]

Chim

K_H and Tacos

While Ryan decided to enter the forest he could see something that was used as a path almost next to him. Kenny wasn’t sitting very far from it and only had to look at his right to see Ryan’s shadow. If both students watched the path closely, they could see it had many different directions, probably caused by Devin and his Dragons, and one of them had a pair of clear footprints. Something passed by not long ago and went deeper into the forest. But something was off. All prints were identical but stood very closely to each other like the Pokémon had more than two feet. On both sides of the small path were parts of twigs and leaves. Whatever made those footprints was obviously really big.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny decided to Investigate the Footprints, so he moved to the side of the path, and sent out Ryu and Zorro. As he did so, he unintentionally stepped on a Twig, making a noise that could easily be heard by Ryan.

Edited by K_H

Ryan turned around to see a boy with a Riolu and Zorua not far from him. Ryan saw that he was focusing on something and wanted to see what was up. He slowly walked towards the boy and sent out Glacien and Feroces as he said, "Hello there! What's your name?" Ryan's eyes moved towards the large footprints on the ground. "And what the hell made that?"

Never seen her before. Normally, I'd shoo her away, but I don't want her getting help. Besides, I can't have people talking about my leg injury either. "Don't worry about this little thing. It was an accident that happened in training, but it really doesn't hurt as much as I make it out to be. See, I can walk just fine." Henry was able to portray himself walking normal concealing the amount of pain he was in. "Now stop worrying about me and go and enjoy the banquet of dragons."

"May as well learn each other's names for future reference." Mostly, so that I can add to my who to avoid list. "The name's Henry. It's best to avoid using that name around people. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way." Henry slowly began limping and hoped he didn't attract any more attention to himself.

Kenny looked up, and saw and saw a fellow student of his. Kenny then responded to the Boy's question.

"My name's Kenny. as to what left the Tracks, I was just trying to figure that out."

Kenny then gave Ryu a command.

"Ryu, see if you can tell what kind of Pokemon passed through this way, and then tell me what it looks like once you do find out. You don't have to be as specific as the Color, but we do need the shape and size."

Kenny then turned to the other Student.

"I forgot to ask, but who are you?"

Shiro's enthusiasm level suddenly dropped as he saw few more guys approaching Danielle. He quickly lowered his hand and hid behind a nearby tree so nobody would notice me.

"Ruru!" Shun cried in disapproval, but he silenced her with a swift hand gesture.

"Shh, please... I can't go there right now..." He whispered to her, while she listened carefully. She was probably frowning, but he couldn't say for sure because of her hair. "Hey, don't be mad at me..." He pet her head, at which she kind of calmed down. "See, there's Robert. Let's go meet him! Robert, hi!" Shiro ran after the boy, shouting his name. "W- wait for me!"

"The name is Sissy. Pleased to meet you." She said, looking him walking away with a mark of pain in his face. "Accident, training... Hmm, oh yeah. I guess I know where that happened. I was watching your little training back at the academy the previous day." Sissy said and turned her back at him, starting to slowly walk on the opposite direction. "I guess we can't help him, right Miss?" Her Misdreavus looked her trainer in her eyes, stopping her from walking. I guess I can't hide from you, can I Miss? She turned around again only to look that Henry was limping. "Okey, regard it as a gift from me to your leg and not yourself as Henry. Your leg needs resting not walking. Just let me help you get inside Devin's house." She said, approaching him from behind.

"I'm so glad I wore pants today. This trek is so not made for dresses." Danielle said to herself as she took in the breathtaking view of Devin's garden. She is not too excited about getting a dragon since she already has her next Pokemon in mind, but it wouldn't hurt to examine which dragon could join her party in the future. She let out Avis and Corona so that they can get some fresh air themselves. Avis stretched out her wings before taking off into the air to look at her surroundings while Corona crawled into Danielle's arms. "Avis, don't get into trouble with the dragons here. They belong to Professor Cadmus, you know." Danielle warned her nosy Murkrow. She heard a cry from Avis before seeing her fly over a short distance ahead of the group.

Danielle was then greeted by Shiro and Shun, who didn't seem too interested in the dragons either. "Hi Shiro and Shun! What's up?"

"Come on, guys! We're losing daylight here and I want to catch a new Pokemon!" Jacob shouted to her and Slade.

"Oh dear, Jacob is getting too excited about getting a Pokemon." Danielle giggled before addressing her friend. "Jacob, hold your Ponytas! We are still on Professor Cadmus' ranch, none of the Pokemon here are for you! Or did you forget about that basic rule of Pokemon catching already~" She turned back to Shiro. "My Pokemon and I going to go ahead with Jacob and Slade into the forest to look at some dragons... And keep on eye on Jacob. Come join us!" she invited Shiro before heading off to join Teo's trainer, careful to avoid the beaten up battlefield. When she turned back around to see if he was following, however, she saw that Shiro went off to find Robert. Seeing that he is with good company, Danielle shrugged and walked off to join Slade and Jacob.

((EDIT: got ninja'd))

Edited by DarkLight

"If it was the pain I was worried about, I would've asked to stay behind, besides, that wasn't the day that accident happened. If you saw what happened, you'd avoid me at all costs. Just let me handle my problems my way. I learned the ways of Pyrite Town so something like this is easy on me." Henry kept walking and grumbled, "Stupid girl leaving me to take care of this dangerous thing thousands of miles away. I'll get expelled because of it if it doesn't kill me first."

• Support Squad

Claud wasn't particularly enamoured with the scenery. He could appreciate the allure of architecture, the beauty of a masterful painting, but nature rarely seemed to provoke awe within him. The bus ride had left him absent minded, and this absent mindedness caused Claude not to be paying attention to his pokemons antics...

As everyone dispersed, Lancelot took it upon himself to explore. A new place like this was like a new world, waiting to be explored, and new people to fight. He scampered off, unbeknownst to almost everyone but his Guardian angel

That Angel was Doux, who had grown to keep a watchful eye on Lance. as he scampered off across the scarred land, Doux frantically fought for Claudes attention, trying to drag him across the scarred battlefield. Eventually, Claude gave in and hopped towards where Doux was indicating, only to fall and cartwheel his way down a hole in the battlefield.

"The name's Ryan. First year." Ryan paused for a moment. "Your Riolu, it can tell that much about a pokemon just through footprints? Is this the whole aura thing I've heard about?" Glacien rolled over to Ryan and asked to be picked up with his eyes. Ryan scooped up Glacien and looked at the footprints.

Robert turned to what seemed to be someone calling him, finding it to be Shiro. "Oh, hey dude. Guess you found me before I found you." Kiai decided to give a 'wave' towards Shun when Robert began talking. "Well, you got any plans? I've got nothing myself."

(Go ahead and bunny me if you want/can Bfroger.)

"Well... I don't really have a wish to go investigate the garden or anything..." He stopped to think things through. "I mean! ...If you want to, we could go look for some dragons, or do anything else you'd like to do. I'll be okay with whatever you decide."

"Come on, guys! We're losing daylight here and I want to catch a new Pokemon!" Jacob shouted to her and Slade.

"You do know I'm ahead of you right?" Slade said walking backwards talking to Jacob. "If you paid more attention instead of day dreaming you'd know." Slade chuckled as he started walking besides Jacob. He wasn't looking for a dragon, not this time. He was going for the sneaky type instead of the big beefy type. A pokemn that was quick and agile but was also strong.

"Ya know, you should wait for Danielle, or have you no chivalry." Slade said with a big smirk on his face then began stopping and waiting for Danielle to join then walked besides her and said, "You seem lonely back here, mind if I join the slowpokes?"

Kenny spoke to Ryan.

"Yeah, It is Aura that Ryu is using to detect what kind of Pokemon passed through here."

then, Ryu came back to Kenny, who asked him a question.

"Did you figure it out, Ryu?"

Ryu nodded in response. Kenny then smiled.

"All right, Zorro, translate what Ryu says it looks like for us."

Zorro nodded, then spoke through Illusion.

"Got it."

Zorro then asked Ryu what the Pokemon looked like. Ryu responded by telling Zorro, who then spoke to Kenny and Ryan, telling them what it looked like. Kenny then looked up a Pokemon of that description in the Pokedex.

((Chim, feel free to say which Pokemon turned up in the Pokedex from Kenny's search.))

"Eh. In full truth, I was walking around to see OTHER's plans. Was more or less seeing if you had a plan to follow." Robert had said the last part in a kinda goofy, hand-on back of the head, expression. "Well, if you don't got a plan, you wanna find someone that does?"

"Well, if you don't got a plan, you wanna find someone that does?"

It was perfect. He wouldn't be afraid if he was with Robert!

"Alright ~" Shiro said in a joyful manner, turning around as he did. He stopped once he was facing Danielle. Her hair was racing on a gust of wind just then, revealing her cute small ears...

Shiro tugged Robert by his shirt and pointed at them. "Look, there. I mean, there seems to be a group forming... They are sure to know what to do."

As excited as he was, Shiro barely noticed how he was blushing as the two of them approached the group. When they came really near, Shiro took a step back, allowing for Robert to make the first move while he showed thumbs up to Shun who was watching him along with Kiai.

K_H and Tacos

If Kenny followed Ryu’s description correctly, he would find out a Salamence was waiting for them down the road. It was eating berries in a more open spot and it’s back faced Ryu when the small Pokémon found him. Therefore Ryu completely missed it was bigger than any normal Salamence and it had a particular stone around its neck.

A(n) (un)Lucky Elf

Somehow Claude managed to tumble into the deepest pit he could find. It was filled with sand and the student tried to stop the tumbling by grabbing something to try and find some grip. He managed to grab something that looked like a green antennae and startled something that was hidden in the sand. Before Claude fully understood what was going on a Flygon emerged from the sand and started to fly higher and higher. It noticed a weird weight on its back and when it looked to see what the cause was; it found Claude. The Flygon let out a happy cry as it found a new friend to play with while rising even higher.

"I see. Well i thought Miss' psychism can help you out, but since you don't want our help we are out of here!" Sissy said and turned her back to Henry once more. Is he stupid or something? I just wanna help him get inside the house, nothing more. In his condition, the injury will give him a lot more pain as he walks.

" Let's go Miss. It seems with are not wanted here." Sissy said and started walking again on the opposite way from Henry. Her Misdreavus went back in her hiding place with her eyes stared on Henry.

As Ryan saw a picture of a Salamence appear on Kenny's pokedex, he tore down the path, following the footprints. "I've always wanted a Salamence!" Ryan had just narrowly allowed Feroces to hop on his shoulders before he took off, forgetting Kenny wasn't guaranteed to keep up with him. Ryan got close to the end of the path and saw a very large Salamence munching on some berries.

Glacien looked up at Ryan with a concerned look. What does he even want to do here. He can't catch it obviously, and if he tried it could easily hurt... Glacien's thought was interrupted at Ryan placed him on the ground with Feroces. Ryan approached the Salamence. "H-h-hey b-buddy. Whatcha d-d-doing here?" Ryan placed a gentle hand on the Salamence's wing, feeling it up and down, hoping he was making the Salamence more comfortable than distressed.

Kenny tore down the path after Ryan. Once Kenny got there, he noticed the Stone around the Salamence's Neck. Kenny then spoke to Ryan.

"I think that's one of Devin's Pokemon, Ryan."

"Well that's even better, at least this one won't kill me... I hope." Ryan took a Haban Berry and held it to the Salamence's mouth. "Hey buddy, you still hungry?" Ryan stopped quivering and looked gently into the Salamence's eyes.

Jacob laughed in Slade's face as the other teenager berated him for not waiting on Danielle. "If I weren't planning on waiting, Teo and I would be long gone by now. After all, I want to find a new member of my squad! Someone who can handle the Ice-types that'll get thrown Teo's way, but who can also kick some serious Steel- and Grass-type butt. Hmm... Maybe a Fighting-type would be good! Or even another Ground-type like Nidoking!" Jacob said excitedly, completely geeking out over the prospect of being able to catch a new Pokemon in the famed Dragon tamer's garden. He then turned to Danielle. "By the way, Devin said that most of the Dragon-types here are his. That means those Altarias-" he said, pointing to the ones flying overhead, "and that Flygon, and stuff like it," he mentioned, pointing out the Flygon that had taken off with Calude on its back. Teo watched it soar in awe, wiggling his in an imitation of the Flygon's wings. "I think the younger first-stage Pokemon are all up for grabs. So let's head into the forest. Stick close, though. We don't want to get caught alone if we manage to draw the ire of one of the older ones," he cautioned. "A lot of Dragon-types are highly territorial." With that, he began walking across the field, being extremely cautious about where he stepped so as not to fall into a pit like Claude had.

K_H and Tacos

The Salamence turned its head when he heard the students talking. He let out a mighty roar and opened its wings; showing how big it actually was. Its full height reached easily 2 meters (6’7”). It then turned its attention to the berry and ate it out of Ryan’s hand carefully not to rip the boy’s arm off.

As soon as Sissy was out of his site, Henry sat down struggle to hold back yells of pain. He pulled up his right pant leg to reveal bandages surrounding his leg. He slowly unraveled the bandages and pulled out an empty bag. "Why did it have to break here of all places?" Henry looked then looked at his leg and wrapped the bandages to completely surround it. "We're very fortunate I was able to get Gypsy and I away on time. Just when I thought I forced Heat Wave out of you, it comes back up. What kind of cruel trainer even teaches a move like that to a young and weak pokemon? We gotta work on controlling your fear once we get back."

The Vulpix felt sorry and rubbed his head against him because he was putting his trainer through so much pain. "Don't worry about it," Henry responded. He got back onto his feet, still in pain. "You could say I'm used to it by now." He lied and slowly struggled to even move more than a few feet. "Come on Henry, this should be nothing to you." He started to walk at a normal pace, but he couldn't hide the pain he was in on his face any longer.

((While Zuko can do Heat Wave, he is unable to use or control it meaning its not one of his learned moves))

Edited by commander218