[IC] Super Trespassers Prevengance: A Biohazard has been detected!

kj1225

Sokolov would find that he door isn't locked at all. And in fact it opens rather easily, if squeakily. Looking out into the hall he'd note that compared to the room they awoke in, it was much dirtier and dingier, with the halls sporting the occasional crack and seemingly random medical equipment laying out abandoned. An intercom above the door crackles to life. "Mr. Sokolov, while I admire your initiative I'd request you stay in the room until we confirm you're all awake and aware so that I may brief you." Some of you may remember the voice belonging to the one introduced as Commander Slate.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm glad it worked out for ya!" Airi said cheerfully, jumping from foot to foot. "Gonna be honest, I was a little worried with how tight lipped they were bein' about what we were actually doin', but..." she paused, "Well, guess it coulda turned out weirder than lookin' foxy. In a different way than normal, I mean, haha!" she seemed unashamedly cheerful at how things went for her, until the intercom turned on and she winced at how the harsh crackle hit her new set of ears. "Ow, ow I guess them ears are workin right!" 

John looked up at the intercom. "That settles that." He then turned to look at the holographic green... girl? "Speaking as someone who was going to die from his heart and lungs getting too weak to work, I'm happy with what I have. Sorry for your... loss." He made a vague gesture in the region of the holograph's pelvis.

"If I remember right, that man's a Commander. I'm going to guess that maybe we're all test subjects for some new military secret programs. What do you all think?" John sat back down, elbows resting on his knees, and took in the others. "...Oh, and my name's John Christie."

Edited by SeriousConcentrate

"Understandable. You've always said looks were you're strong suit." it as certainly always an aspect that Airi had as far as Orchid could tell. Now the girl just had a few extra... appendages? Regardless she was still mostly the Airi she knew and that was enough for Orchid to be happy. Still unsure how to really respond to any of the others she didn't probe any of them directly. The green blob was certainly an oversharer, but honest at least. Still, information she didn't remotely need to know. Elastiboy seemed rather level headed the last to speak after the intercom had blared at the man who seemed to be in a rush to leave. Well she thought he was the rubbery one... she was losing track of who had waht quirks at this point. She figured that she'd perhaps answer his questions with what she thought. Though she was sure her answer wasn't going to be much to chew on.

"By the state of how most of you faired... More than likely."

The man with a dog leg on his arm nods at the assessment of the newly identified John. "Probably. I spent most of my time in the military doing pharmacy stuff but it wouldn't surprise me with what just PMCs can get away with these days. I'm Paul, by the way." Paul reaches his paw out to shake, before seeming to realize that's weird and switching to his left hand.

"Ehehe, looks've been all I got goin' for me last couple of years!" Airi said, before the idea of military programs came up. "Seems likely! They said something about combat augmentation when they gave me my choices, and being really good with a gun..." she bent over and picked up the submachine gun that was at her bedside - for a moment, she she moved automatically, making sure the gun was in good condition (and discovering it was loaded) and importantly, not in a state she might misfire. Then it was over and she was back to normal. "...Well wasn't that a trip..." she muttered, then shook her head. "Anyways, I'm gonna be honest I was expectin' robot legs or somethin'. Woulda been fine with that ta be honest, but glad I look mostly myself. Airi Lane, nice ta meet y'all." 

Edward Boone slowly but surely rose to attention, gently pushing away the blankets covering his body as he sat up on the bed and examined his surroundings. For one thing he was in hindsight immediately glad that he had chosen one of the least exotic procedures he was offered, but he did a cursory check over his body to make sure that he was still...yep, still 100% bonafide human, and in fact the only thing that seemed to have changed is that he felt...amazing, as if he could take on the world right then and there! I mean sure he was breathing a little strangely, but considering what happened to the rest of them? He was just glad that he wasn't pink. "Well I'll be darned, I haven't felt like this in decades."

"Oh, spare me the sob story. Yeah, you got sick. I feel for you, I really do. But you think frenching a landmine and being reduced to a couple organs floating in a nutrient tank was a fun experience for me? It's not like they did anything but make you bendy, far as I can tell" She huffed irritably. "Though it's 50/50 that we've all got bombs or something similarly unpleasant planted in us." And then took another breath, slower. "'S'pose you've got a point, though. I do have arms and legs and all that jazz again. Name's Charles Adelman, while we're sharing. Or, uh, was. Charlie works both ways, sorta. Most people in my old unit called me Spook, though." He crossed his arms, considering the question for a moment. "Suppose it could be military, but this doesn't smell like military to me. Not quite crisp enough, and they like to get different kinds of dregs. I doubt there would have been much in the way of the whole 'choosing' thing if this were a government deal." He took on a thoughtful expression, starting to mumble to himself. "Could be both, though, farmed out to a contractor or. . . nah, it can't be connected to that. . ."

"No use getting angry at me either way, Charlie. As for this, part of my disease was that my body was becoming unable to bend at all, so they must have went a bit overboard restoring my flexibility." John chuckled at himself, the sound a mixture of amusement, ruefulness, and puzzlement. "I'm not going to lie, it feels weird. Almost like I'm made out of water or something like that - well, maybe more like gelatin. I feel like I ought to hear squishing every time I move in a way humans aren't supposed to." He touched the back of his hand to his forearm, then bent his wrist the other way so the palm was resting on it instead.

John nodded to Airi as she introduced herself, then turned his attention to Paul. "I'd shake your hand if we were closer to each other." He took a look around at the other assorted oddities, and then glanced back at the intercom. "You think they're planning on keeping us all grouped up? I can't think of any other reason they'd put a bunch of strangers in one ward like this."

"Danielle Greenwood.  Formerly Dan Greenwood," The pony introduces herself, "I'd offer a handshake if I still had those.  And this is probably some sort of paramilitary thing.  If it is government-sponsored, they'll never admit it.  Usual way these things go, anyway.

"Can't say I'm that unhappy about my new body.  The color might leave a lot to be desired, but at least I've still got most of the parts that matter.  Loads better than being a head in a jar.  And if the pamphlets are to be believed, this horn thing I've got can move stuff with magnets or something, so the lack of hands might not be that much of a problem.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  I've got no idea how to make it do the thing."

Ed swiftly jumped off from his bed and wandered towards where the rest of the group was standing, "My name's Ed, Edward Boone," he reached out to offer a handshake to the assembled people, "And I must say that it is a pleasure to meet all of you again, especially since this means that almost everyone survived their operation."

Sokolov remembers (Which is shocking, if you ask him) what he had signed up for as well.

"They claimed that I would receive Psionic Augmentations."

"Considering I can recall with certainty that my mind is clearer now than it was in my far youth..."

"I am more inclined to believe the rumors of experimentation much like this taking place in the past."

"Huh, well I don't know about the rest of you, but all they had to give me was some 'offsite lung therapy' to increase 'combat readiness', so I don't know if I even have any crazy powers or augmentations like the rest of you, which is all well and good in my opinion," Edward opined as he flexed his considerable muscles, contorted his body in weird poses, and generally acted as if he wanted to explore the limits of his newfound spryness. "As long as whatever they did to me was permanent and someone gives me a gun I feel like I can take on the world!."

Alice opened her eyes
Something felt diffrent.

Her heartbeats seemed steady. Had it worked?
Sitting up, she looked herself over.

She looked as she always did, but her body felt diffrent. 
There was something she couldn't quite place, but there was no longer the subtle feeling and dread of slowly being wasted away.

Even her breathing seemed a bit easier.

Looking around she was surrounded by quite a few intresting characters. Hmmmm

Alice gets up and looks around for papers or information or something.

"Let me assure you, unless the world has changed in the period we were unconscious, it is unlikely you can "take it on" with only a gun and a pleasant sensation."

"Of course, stranger things have happened in the period we were unconscious.  So perhaps my point is moot."  Sokolov says to Edward

Edward let out a hearty laugh after he heard Sokolov's reply, "That's a fair point Sokolov, of course that was just a bit of hyperbole, but I'm not going to lie; I wouldn't mind having one if we're going to have our first mission anytime soon, not everyone here's a magic pony or a psionic super soldier after all."

Poncio saunters over to join the discussion of offers. "Lung therapy? How peculiar! I was offered some form of ritualistic enhancement. My father may have called me a heretic, but at least I didn't pick the demonic one! Lord knows what that might have done."

A stretchy man, a psychic, a magnetic pony, what fantastically strange ideas, Poncio thought.

"Not true, you see it it was actually the most mundane procedure they had to offer for a man like me! Not like a lack of powers would trouble me much, like I've said I never needed any fancy cybernetics or super powers to serve my country before, and I don't think I'll start needing it any time soon, just as long as they give us some proper equipment," Edward settled into a slightly thoughtful seeming stance as he said this, having confirmed that he had indeed regained at least some of his old flexibility and strength. "That and besides, my mother raised me too well for me to turn my back on what she thought me, and start depending on some miracle drug just to keep up with someone younger."

Airi plopped down on the bed beside her friend, loathe to get off her legs but they evidently had a bit of time yet. "You feel anythin' different, 'sides the headaches bein' gone? Like I'm mostly normal, but I still feel weird 'bout the gun and some weight got shifted 'round." she said. Seeing all the weirder changes, she was a little worried for her friend - although it seemed there were also some pretty reasonable ones going around. 

"Hmmm, there's nothing that comes to mind." Orchid had mused. During her initial inspection she didn't notice any other differences. As much as she'd love to believe that nothing out of the ordinary was done she was sure it couldn't be the case. Unless she was some sort of odd "control" for the group but given the vast differences in the outcomes for the patients and their wildly varying operations that seemed a pretty pointless move to make. This was quite the conundrum. lt had to be something that effected her less physical aspects then, something unseen. Her mind? Her soul? ~~if that even existed~~ the unknown was almost more worrying then if she'd been turned into any of the myriad of weirdness that was seen here. She'd then at least now what had been done to her.

She was also somewhat worried for Airi, as wonderful it was that she had her legs back... her movement Orchid was worried what it meant. She'd been... well she'd not been the same since she lost her ability to run. Orchid while worried was happy to have the Airi back that she knew, the one that was always chipper to a fault. She'd missed her spirit. Of course, she'd never admit this. "l had done a few tests and l didn't feel anything and my body feels exactly as it was. But it's really not much of a relief, makes me worry what they did to non-physical aspects of me..."

"I'm sure whatever they done it ain't ta yer mind. I mean, listen to these people! If they was screwin' with minds, wouldn't they've made Miss Pretty Pink Pony or Mister Screams more comfortable or somethin'? They ain't done shit to what makes you you." Airi grinned and brought Orchid in for a hug, knowing she probably needed one but would never ask. Or maybe she didn't need one and she just wanted to hug her friend. Either or. 

Orchid did need one but would never show as much. She allowed it to happen however ending up smashed against her much larger but younger friend. She just limply laid in her arms looking quite awkward in the process but grateful that Airi had done so. The only clue being her eyes had that glassy look of someone about to break down into tears. The only thing keeping that from happening being the embrace of the one real friend she'd had after all this time. Fear was unsettling to Orchid, she'd never had done so before but losing who she was as a person was the scariest thing she could possibly imagine. Her body be damned as long as the pain was gone... but what good would that be if she wasn't the same person? What good would it be if she couldn't enjoy the fact that she'd fought whatever that was for years and years, and once it'd been gone, the victory she earned? lt'd be worthless... those 15 years of struggle... would be utterly worthless if she ceased to be.

So, there she was wordless in the arms of the friend that had always looked up to her despite what everyone else thought, the younger student that sought her out to learn from her... the person that had chosen to be her friend when no one else would even try and understand who she was. She was always too strange, the little imp that haunted the track meets. But, she was more than that to Airi... she still had all those memories. She didn't want to lose them... not knowing what had been done to her... well. At they very least she had them in this moment. lt meant something... even if it was the smallest thing in the world it meant something.

Airi just hugged her and pat her on the back. It was the least she could do for someone that had helped her out so much when she was a teenager. "I'm sure that you'll be able to ask what they did soon enough. She wasn't about to let her get all wrapped up in her own worries. Her ears twitched a little - man, that was weird. But it seemed physical changes were all she got too, no memories seemed out of place, she was still herself and Orchid was Orchid. 

"I do not mean to concern you, but."  Sokolov waves his mechanized hand slowly.

"Few reach the state of super soldier in premodern cybernetics.  Unless I vastly underestimate "psionic" abilities."

"That is acceptable, however.  A gun can kill equally fine in the hands of ordinary soldiers."