Pokemon Aegis: The Sunlit Lands - v3.2 (DISCONTINUED)

The IVs are 31, but the Attack is 25 while the Defense is 20. Those need to be equal.

How do I make the attack and defense equal though? Do I continue to train up the defense EVs? Sorry, I'm just so confused because I've never really done this before... Also, is it really necessary for the story for me to have the Hitmontop?

Edited by Kaypay153

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I make the attack and defense equal though? Do I continue to train up the defense EVs? Sorry, I'm just so confused because I've never really done this before... Also, is it really necessary for the story for me to have the Hitmontop?

Yes, that's how you make defense equal.

It is not necessary for the story, but it does snag you a macho brace that makes it easier to EV train other pokemon.

It is not necessary for the story, but it does snag you a macho brace that makes it easier to EV train other pokemon.

Oh good, there's no fucking way I'm putting up with a shitmontop that only learns a fighting move at level 55 when Hitmonlee learns a stronger one at level 29.

Oh good, there's no fucking way I'm putting up with a shitmontop that only learns a fighting move at level 55 when Hitmonlee learns a stronger one at level 29.

I used common candy immediately after evolving it to put it down to 18 so I could at least get triple kick on my hitmontop (not that triple kick is particularly great, but it's better than the alternatives) - unfortunately I hadn't really been paying attention to his ability though and it doesn't have technician so it's still pretty underwhelming.

Idk, mine has counter, and without it I would have never have been able to kill that stupid iron clad bug.

I used common candy immediately after evolving it to put it down to 18 so I could at least get triple kick on my hitmontop (not that triple kick is particularly great, but it's better than the alternatives) - unfortunately I hadn't really been paying attention to his ability though and it doesn't have technician so it's still pretty underwhelming.

Oh hey, that's clever. Guess that's one use for common candy.

Interesting, no. I'll have to watch back the footage to see if I actually missed it then or if it just didn't occur.

This was my biggest issue with the game though. I ran into a few different issues like this. Events that clearly had a set path scripted out both in the creator's mind and in the game, but because I did things a slightly different way it essentially broke the game for me.

That's one piece of advice I would make sure to incorporate moving forward. You need to assume that if there IS a way to bypass an important part of the game, a player will find a way especially unintentionally. That level of accountability is mandatory in these games, imo.

thanks, I'll make sure that you are forced to pick up the badge, since indeed getting badges is totally necessary to progress in the game, and I shouldn't leave the choice whether or not to pick it up to the player.

the same thing holds for the running shoes, which you'll be forced to pick up in the next version. I kind of wanted to leave some autonomy to the players, but I have to learn in which situations autonomy is desired and when it is not, lol.

Thank you to those who helped me with my previous question...but now I have another one: Where/when am I able to get a Ducklett(I have not encountered one through trainer battle yet, so I couldn't check the pokedex)? Are they located in the various parks throughout the city or are they only available on 'Ducklett Rock'? I just defeated Hectobald and I am now fighting the URN grunts.

Where's the key in the Dead City? I've been Item-finder-ing all over for it and can't find it...

I don't remember exactly, but I believe that it is in a building in the northern/northeast area of Dead Town.

• Veterans

What are you supposed to do after beating the guys in the University(More specifically the guy with the Ferroseed using stealth rock -grumbles)? Trying to train this Tyrogue is hard tho :/

What are you supposed to do after beating the guys in the University(More specifically the guy with the Ferroseed using stealth rock -grumbles)? Trying to train this Tyrogue is hard tho :/

I believe he's supposed to give you an invite to that building with the sleeping guy in front of it, called the Alpha Elite House(I think?). Also, for better areas to train Tyrogue, go back to the Dojo and go to the back room to activate an event which allows you to go into the Aegis Underground. In there, pokemon generally range from lvl 13 - lvl 18.

• Veterans

I just evolved the Tyrogue....also whenever I go to the Alpha Elite House, the guy that's blocking it is sleeping so idk what i'm supposed to do lol

I just evolved the Tyrogue....also whenever I go to the Alpha Elite House, the guy that's blocking it is sleeping so idk what i'm supposed to do lol

In the current release that is the end of that sidequest, the guy will wake up whenever the rest of the sidequest is released.

• Veterans

So uh...saw the scene where the dad get's killed, got sent to the cemetary did and then went to Anura...but what to do there? In terms of plot progression I mean...

• Global Mods

In terms of plot progression, nothing. You can battle trainers if you need EXP, there's a house with a box puzzle that has a (hidden) silver coin on the other side, you can save somebody from being beaten up by going into the house and having an Abra teleporting you both out, and apparently there's a Furfrou sidequest but I haven't found it.

Next plot place I think is the University. Third floor, room on the left.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I've noticed that for some reason female and male meowstic share the same moves via level up even though they should be significantly different.

That's an issue with Pokemon Essentials and not this game. You'll notice the same in Reborn and any other fangame that uses Essentials as a base.

That's an issue with Pokemon Essentials and not this game. You'll notice the same in Reborn and any other fangame that uses Essentials as a base.

I have a suggestion for a fix: define the two Meowstic as different forms and have Espurr evolve into one of them based on gender. For a start, I would use Burmy and its evolutionary line as a base.

Am I the only who one got baffled by the questions at the beginning? Lol
​I like Espurr - it may not be the best battler early on and but it looks cute and its a psychic type, which I like. However, it seems like I have long hours of grind EV training ahead of me before it become a good battler... but I guess that's the point. I know I was warned about the lag but I didn't expect it to be so bad in certain locations. Why is that? Scripts? Also, kudos to whoever made the music, its great!

PS: I cracked up when I found a Burn Heal in the room where you take the exam. I see what you did there... :P

Edited by IvoryOwl92

Found a typo:

willl.png

Also, Icicle Crash's battle animation is really weird. The first hit displays fine, but on the second it uses Icy Wind's animation, on the third it uses Flame Burst's, on the fourth it uses Iron Head's, and on the fifth it uses HJK. Not sure if it's an Essentials bug or not so I'm going to post it here, just in case.

go back to the Dojo and go to the back room to activate an event which allows you to go into the Aegis Underground. In there, pokemon generally range from lvl 13 - lvl 18.

How would I go about doing that? Every time I go there it says the door is closed.

Anyways, I really like this game! It's really difficult for me so far, although maybe that's because I'm trying to grind a ton of party members all at once... :P