Pokemon Aegis: The Sunlit Lands - v3.2 (DISCONTINUED)

so... after

Battling Sage and subsequently going to the park to speak with your father

does the main plot continue on, or is this the end for now? and if it continues, pray tell how it does.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... after

Battling Sage and subsequently going to the park to speak with your father

does the main plot continue on, or is this the end for now? and if it continues, pray tell how it does.

The main plot does continue, though not for long. I should have said this long ago, but there is a message when you reach the end of the current game.

Also how it continues is really not hard to figure out, I'll let you find out.

I Figured it out...

and about the side-quest with

Byron and his group, does it continue on after they're arrested by the Metal Guards and taken to the station? or is it the end of the quest for now, because the guard standing in front of the door to the base only says "Get lost" when you talk to him.

Additionally, about the fat guy blocking the way into the Alpha chapter house, is there any way to wake him up,

I've beaten Darwin and he said for me to go there... or is the quest not completely scripted yet?

Edited by Stratos

I Figured it out...

and about the side-quest with

Byron and his group, does it continue on after they're arrested by the Metal Guards and taken to the station? or is it the end of the quest for now, because the guard standing in front of the door to the base only says "Get lost" when you talk to him.

Additionally, about the fat guy blocking the way into the Alpha chapter house, is there any way to wake him up,

I've beaten Darwin and he said for me to go there... or is the quest not completely scripted yet?

It seems you've reached the current end of both these sidequests. So I guess you've finished the game lol.

Although did you train the Tyrogue into a Hitmontop like you were told to? If you didn't do it by the end of this storyline, then it is too late to reap the rewards–at least until the next episode comes out, since Hera won't be on the bottom floor of the dojo anymore. Also, there is an event that only happens during sunny weather, which allows you to catch a new Pokemon if you find out how to do it.

About the sidequests not being completely scripted, there's a reason: you need to make progress with the main storyline first before you can move on with them. Also about what I said with the sidequests not being mandatory: some will be mandatory at some point, it's just that most of the time, they don't need to be tackled immediately.

For my part, I'm almost done patching up the game, so I'll have a 1.1 version ready by tomorrow, including:

-the two freeze bugs are fixed.

-couple graphical and sound bugs fixed, minor modifications here and there.

-the player's house has an intelligent orientation

-patch of grass at the university containing level 10 or so Pokemon.

-maybe the levels are going to be adjusted, I will see tomorrow.

-the ability to rename your Pokemon from the menu!!! oh yeah :wub:

-the thing I said with the battle switches will be (hopefully, haven't tried yet) implemented

if you have any other comments about things that should be on 1.1, now's the time to say it ;)

Edited by crashteamalphing

First of all i am enjoying the game a lot, the only thing i would prefer is to be given the chance to choose a starter. I am now stuck at the room where you are supposed to battle Sage i don't know how to battle i can't reach the NPCs to talk to them.

First of all i am enjoying the game a lot, the only thing i would prefer is to be given the chance to choose a starter. I am now stuck at the room where you are supposed to battle Sage i don't know how to battle i can't reach the NPCs to talk to them.

that's easy, my friend. there's actualy a set of stairs on either end of the platform on which sage and the sensei are standing. those are the only places where you can get up on the stage and talk to them. try looking around a bit more and if you can't find what I'm talking about, I'll give you a screen shot to help

Ok, so I've uploaded 1.1 now, OP is edited with new link. Also, I've decided not to change the levels of opponents, and to keep the battle options as they are– for now, because arbitrarily changing the clauses from battle to battle doesn't seem very fair, you will never know what clauses are in use in which battle. So if I did that, I would have to announce the battle clauses before each battle where there's a specific clause, which might actually be a good idea. But since this is a bit of work, and I'm not 100% sure about it, I will simply keep things going as they are for now and postpone that decision for later releases.

I did play through the game myself like I said, but obviously since I know my game, I didn't have much trouble beating it. I didn't do any grinding and still beat the game without losing a single battle.

And I didn't even use the new electric pokemon available in 1.1, which would've helped against Darwin (I actually had neither a grass type nor an electric type against him, and I still won...).

At the end of the current release and without grinding, my team consists of 5 Pokemon of levels between 16 and 18. I beat every single trainer. So the levels seem in accordance with my plan. The problem seems to be that there is only one Pokemon in the entire game who can really deal with that Ferroseed easily, everything else struggles against it. If you use that Pokemon, it's pretty feasible. If you don't, well... This might make me want to add a Fire type event in the early game. I'll probably be adding more events as time goes on, like Ame does with Reborn.

Also there are no rock, steel or ghost types, which makes it hard to tank Returns from Byron. But I did that on purpose. No shortcuts, you WILL feel the power of love!

About the starter Pokemon, I have no intention to change it, but I will change something in the course of events so that you are given the choice between different Pokemon at some point in the early game. I know exactly what I'm talking about, but I will keep that as a surprise for the next episode.

perhaps it could be Stratos? ;)

Oh my... Kenny, I'm quite flattered You'd suggest me for it...

I have to say, I'd be quite interested in accepting the task. I might just do it.

EDIT: Alright... I'll do it.

Edited by Stratos

very well then... I do believe I'll chronicle the tale in Chapter's/ Episodes.

but don't expect to see anything too soon, though. I've already got a few other writing projects on my plate, so it may take some time.

anyways, I'll get working on it. I've already finished the basic conflict of the plot.

Edited by Stratos

So, I think there may be a glitch, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm in the battle with Sage, and I had Espurr use Confusion. Clefairy then used Metronome, which turned into Sucker Punch, and it hit despite being the second move of the turn. Should that have happened?

So, I think there may be a glitch, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm in the battle with Sage, and I had Espurr use Confusion. Clefairy then used Metronome, which turned into Sucker Punch, and it hit despite being the second move of the turn. Should that have happened?

Sucker Punch always fails if the user goes after the opponent, so it probably shouldn't have happened. Not sure if I can fix that.

A quick question. Are you using the same scripts that Ame is for Reborn? If so, then it also works that way in Reborn and I'll have to fix it later.

Yeah I am, it's great if you can fix it, though I assume there are more important issues at hand. For example, in my game, Wish doesn't work as planned. If the opponent uses it and switches out next turn, there is an animation glitch, and the next mon doesn't get the HP. And next time the mon who used Wish switches in, he gets his own wish, albeit many turns later, so the wish isn't transferable and stays forever with the Pokemon who wished (that's actually a very interesting game mechanic, but yeah no).

... I have never heard that this was the case.. I'll add it to my list I guess? You're sure you didn't change anything that may affect either of these moves?

yeah, but it's up to you to test it. just give a trainer 2 pokemon with wish as the only attack. that way the AI will make them switch and you can see for yourself. I use the scripts from episode 11 so unless you fixed it afterwards or I am crazy and imagining things, or I somehow magically changed something without even trying, reborn's got the same problems.