Pokemon Aegis: The Sunlit Lands - v3.2 (DISCONTINUED)

Finally got the hitmontop, when I went back to Hera, she gave me the Macho Brace and said she gave me a hitmonchan and told me to give it common candies, but I didn't get the hitmonchan, bug or wrong dialogue?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the hitmontop, when I went back to Hera, she gave me the Macho Brace and said she gave me a hitmonchan and told me to give it common candies, but I didn't get the hitmonchan, bug or wrong dialogue?

Definitely a bug. If you bring her the Hitmontop, she gives you the Macho Brace and that's it. I'll fix this.

Also I just finished all the maps + story line. Now it's just a matter of how much side-stuff I have the patience to cram into the game before I release it (knowing there's a lot to do, but I don't necessarily have to do it all now). Also need to add music, a couple graphics, and wild Pokemon + items.

Edit: I mean I finished the maps+ story line of the next release, not the entire game.

Edited by crashteamalphing

Overall, I would say the early game is nail-bitingly infuriating going in blind with things like Sage's chansey needing to be nerfed with a sledgehammer, and that last encounter with URN needing a scale down in terms of difficulty. Also, where am I supposed to go after your dad dies? I think you're supposed to go to the riverside area, but whenever I talk to the guards (I also got ahold of the yellow pass), the game encounters an error and shuts down.

• Global Mods

I PM'ed the OP about that bug a while ago and he said it's fixed for the next version. As for where you go, IIRC you need to talk to your mom in the EV training center next.

BTW, I could be imagining things, but it seems like every time I defeat one of the Metal Guards in the city, the next one I battle has their levels raised? That's really neat if so, but I hope I'm not screwing myself over the next time in the future that the story requires I fight them x . x

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I PM'ed the OP about that bug a while ago and he said it's fixed for the next version. As for where you go, IIRC you need to talk to your mom in the EV training center next.

BTW, I could be imagining things, but it seems like every time I defeat one of the Metal Guards in the city, the next one I battle has their levels raised? That's really neat if so, but I hope I'm not screwing myself over the next time in the future that the story requires I fight them x . x

Huh? I did that, and nothing special happened.

As for the metal guards increasing in levels, I think it is meant to simulate the fact that they think you are more dangerous and as such they are sending out better troops to deal with you.

• Global Mods

It didn't? Maybe I'm remembering out of order and you have to go to the university first, then. On the third floor, there's a room on the left where your father's workmates are. The guards should let you in the school when you talk to them.

Hey quick question but are there ability capsules in this game. I was wondering since I accidentally saved after the I got the tyrouge and I waned an iron fist hitmonchan but I got the wrong ability?

the race with gogoat shouldn't be available so soon. there really is no way back to the mainland aside from fainting all your pkmn. i didn't think this was a problem until i accidentally saved after using the bed in the abandoned building in north anura, so whenever i black out, i'm transported there and am trapped. starting a new game sucks, but it can't be helped :/ . cool game tho.

Edited by bloo123

the race with gogoat shouldn't be available so soon. there really is no way back to the mainland aside from fainting all your pkmn. i didn't think this was a problem until i accidentally saved after using the bed in the abandoned building in north anura, so whenever i black out, i'm transported there and am trapped. starting a new game sucks, but it can't be helped :/ . cool game tho.

I can't believe I left that stupid "wanna race" guy, despite Amethyst telling me about it almost a year ago, and getting regular complaints about it. At this point, it might as well become a meme in game.

Anyway I deleted that guy now, and pressed "Save". It's dead now. Not coming back. No way.

BTW instead of starting a new game, what you could do is give me your save file, so I get you out of there without you having to start over a new game.

And also the next version will be uploaded today probably. That's unless I find suddenly some inspiration to add other unplanned things to the game.

I can't believe I left that stupid "wanna race" guy, despite Amethyst telling me about it almost a year ago, and getting regular complaints about it. At this point, it might as well become a meme in game.

Anyway I deleted that guy now, and pressed "Save". It's dead now. Not coming back. No way.

BTW instead of starting a new game, what you could do is give me your save file, so I get you out of there without you having to start over a new game.

And also the next version will be uploaded today probably. That's unless I find suddenly some inspiration to add other unplanned things to the game.

too late for me i guess x_x oh well, i have the same question as the person above and would anyone happen to know where to find a seedot?

too late for me i guess x_x oh well, i have the same question as the person above and would anyone happen to know where to find a seedot?

If I remember correctly I found my Seedot on Telegraph Hill, although I haven't yet brought it to the 'gang' in Oshawott Square. Tell me what happens so I don't have to make the effort?

So apparently it's impossible to progress in the story past the point where you talk with your father at the lake, UNLESS it's night. Nighttime is a condition for the story to progress. Don't know how I didn't think this would be a problem, especially since I gave no indication of that.

So what I did was to add an indication, by having your mom say that your dad should be back home from the University sometime that evening, and that he would finally give you that promised Pokemon of yours.

I think it ought to do the trick.

As for Seedot, you can find some around the Park, but only at specific hours...

Pokemon Aegis v3 is up. You can check the new link in the original post. I expect there to be a certain amount of bugs due to being unable to check everything myself, but if it's too bad I'll upload a v3.1

Also soon I'll start a new savefile from scratch to try to even out the difficulty throughout the game. Also coming soon will be a list of Pokemon and items available in the current release of the game. I've kind of worked on that list already but it's not done yet.

Walks up to riverfront guards to present Yellow pass:

Error occurs... again.

I was sure that I fixed it, but for a reason beyond me, it indeed doesn't work again. I fixed it again, and verified that it worked. I'll reupload a v3.1 then, but just fyi, you can't go to Riverside this version. Riverside will only be accessible in version 5 or 6.

• Global Mods

After beating the Scolipede and the Metal Guard goes back to the city, he's still there when you exit and come back.

Also his mom was going to give me something but she doesn't give it, and Miranda doesn't go back to her house.

After beating the Scolipede and the Metal Guard goes back to the city, he's still there when you exit and come back.

Also his mom was going to give me something but she doesn't give it, and Miranda doesn't go back to her house.

thanks, I have also encountered a couple bugs or graphical glitches while playing myself, which I've fixed. maybe I should make a list so that people only report the new ones.

Anyway for the glitches and fixes for v3.1:

-talking to Riverside guard with Yellow Pass crashes the game (fixed)

-Metal Guard comes back to his corner after you save him (fixed)

-Text doesn't appear when you receive egg from old lady (fixed)

-Mizuki stays as your double partner even after you beat Clyde (fixed, I think?)

-Graphical glitch on the East Gates, exterior side of the building (fixed)

-you can see your reflection on the water even when there's no water (hard to fix them all)

-Mizuki follows you erratically throughout the dam (almost unfixable, complain to essentials)

-the birds on the roofs are supposed to change according to the weather, but they don't (fixed)

-random water tile below a NPC's feet in North Anura (fixed)

-Miranda doesn't go back to her house (fixed)

-there needs to be a shorter way to cross Dead Town once you cleared the area (fixed)

-there also needs to be a way from Telegraph Hill to Anura (fixed)

-chikorita event added (done)

-TV channels work without glitch (only 2/4 are completed)

-You don't spawn in front of the MG after talking to Luther (fixed)

-Changed the encounter rate of Pokemon so that no Pokemon has a rate lower than 4% (fixed)

-Spoink event added (done)

-replaced super balls with great balls (did this everywhere I found a super ball. hope I didn't miss any)

-added a couple more hidden and visible items (done)

Finished the version 3 and i got to say, dam.n is this a buggy game. Good thing i followed the boss's advice and saved way too regularly, but whenever i found a super ball or w/e, error occured. Anyway, the game seems pretty nice so far, a bit difficult and more challenging than the others i've played so far, but playable and enjoyable. Looking forward to the next version.

Minor error I found: Intimidate does not activate defiant (everything else does though)

Intimidate doesn't count as attack reducing move, maybe that's why it doesn't work on defiant, although it does work on competitive.

Finished the version 3 and i got to say, dam.n is this a buggy game. Good thing i followed the boss's advice and saved way too regularly, but whenever i found a super ball or w/e, error occured. Anyway, the game seems pretty nice so far, a bit difficult and more challenging than the others i've played so far, but playable and enjoyable. Looking forward to the next version.

Intimidate doesn't count as attack reducing move, maybe that's why it doesn't work on defiant, although it does work on competitive.

I think I found all the super balls and replaced them with great balls, but did this also occur with other hidden items?

Also, did you find other bugs that aren't already mentioned in this list?

-Mizuki stays as your double partner even after you beat Clyde (fixed, I think?)

-you can see your reflection on the water even when there's no water (hard to fix them all)

-Mizuki follows you erratically throughout the dam (almost unfixable, complain to essentials)

-the birds on the roofs are supposed to change according to the weather, but they don't (fixed)

-there needs to be a shorter way to cross Dead Town once you cleared the area (fixed)

-Changed the encounter rate of Pokemon so that no Pokemon has a rate lower than 4% (fixed)

-replaced super balls with great balls (did this everywhere I found a super ball. hope I didn't miss any)

If not, then I've fixed everything, so I'll post the v3.1 soon.

I think I found all the super balls and replaced them with great balls, but did this also occur with other hidden items?

Also, did you find other bugs that aren't already mentioned in this list?

If not, then I've fixed everything, so I'll post the v3.1 soon.

Well i know for a fact that if you talk to the person looking like a grunt of the water team in reborn and you trigger the event, you will see zigzagoon(which the lady keeps calling furfroo) at the town with the huts next to the aegis city. If you try to further trigger that event you get stuck. As far as i remember errors occured only when i tried picking up super balls, which after the item finder were WAY too many. Would also like to add that the guard guy who is attacked by scolipede leaves, but when i returned to that point he was still there and i was unable to do anything. Yellow Pass does not work, although idk if that is because i got it through the man with the races in version two -who technically shouldn't exist- and i also can't use my invitation to the academy after i beat that guy in the academy backyard because whenever i try to talk to that fat man guarding the entranced he's always like zZz...

Sorry if i'm not explaining as properly as i should, but it's almost 1 p.m and my brain isn't working.

Edited by timbla

Oh I found that one. I found 2 in the Sawmill, one in the Dam Valley and one in Dead Town.

Also I fixed the Furfrou event thing (yes that's a Furfrou, in fact I finally found overworld Furfrou sprites so now it's flawless). So I think that means I can upload v3.1. I'll get to it.

EDIT: Mhh yeah. Done.