Pokemon Aegis: The Sunlit Lands - v3.2 (DISCONTINUED)

All in all, I can honestly state that I hate the lilipad jumping puzzle you made in Dead Town. I really don't like such segments in other fan games I have played, but this one takes it to the next level with over leveled insects flying around, and overall being hilariously obtuse.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

Has anyone managed to beat Mizuki? I raised up the Slugma from the egg the breeder guy gives you thinking I'd be able to beat her Scizor that way, but it can mega evolve and I can barely even handle her Scyther.

(my team is Meowstic, Granbull, Pawniard, Panpour, Slugma, and Vanillish, all at level 35)

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

Has anyone managed to beat Mizuki? I raised up the Slugma from the egg the breeder guy gives you thinking I'd be able to beat her Scizor that way, but it can mega evolve and I can barely even handle her Scyther.

(my team is Meowstic, Granbull, Pawniard, Panpour, Slugma, and Vanillish, all at level 35)

There's a new Pokemon available in the current release that should help a lot for Mizuki (you can check the Pokemon availability list in the OP, which I added yesterday). Unfortunately, I made a mistake which wasn't fixed in v3.1, and will require a v3.2, because it's just too big (I'm surprised no one mentioned it):

You can't find any wild Pokemon in the Sawmill or in the Dam Valley, because I forgot to edit the terrain tags...

Also about that list; it made me realise Aegis only offered two Fighting types up to this point... So I'll probably add another one somewhere before releasing v3.2.

Edited by crashteamalphing

I beat her with a team of Swanna, Meowstic, Granbull, Budew, Pawniard and Hitmontop (incidentally was there actually any reason to make it a hitmontop as Hera told you to? If I had known there would be nno storyline significance I'd have probably picked a different one..) between level 30-35 (they just happened to be the pokemon I leveled - a lot of these pokemon didn't actually contribute very much to the fight, especially budew as it hasbad typing and I didn't get it evolved yet..)

Swanna was the one that more or less carried the team with a lot of resets, leftovers, roost and being very patient - Swanna could easily beat the first pokemon, then she sends out Armaldo which I switched to Pawniard for and reduced its HP low enough for Swanna to finish it off in one hit. I beat Heracross by fake outing it multiple times and letting poison kill it more or less, and sacrificing my budew since it was garbage for the fight anyway, beat Dugtrio with the Granbull (intimidate + charm then headbutt*3), and used charm on the scyther with my prankster meowstic to let my Swanna tank hits from it with roost+feather dance (if the scyther crits then you just lose though). The scizor can be 1v1ed with Swanna provided it starts off at high health with feather dance + roost since Swanna resists all of Scizors attacks (you can also survive a single critical provided it's at high health). Most of my losses were to the scyther, so if you have any pokemon that can deal with it particularly well then it would probably improve your odds of winning quite a bit.

I wouldn't consider this an optimal strategy by any means, especially since I don't actually know what pokemon are obtainable, but it was a strategy I made work with the pokemon that I had been using without any real EV training and not maxed out in levels either except for Swanna.

I managed to beat her with a team of Persian, Meowstic, Pawniard, Granbull, Floatzel, and Hitmontop (All 35). Used Granbulls intimidate+Persians Power Gem to take out most of her mons, with Meowstic handling the Heracross and Pawniard+Floatzel for the Armaldo, then using Hitmontop to take a hit from Scizor and then absolutely destroy it with counter.

I beat Mizuki with a full 35 level team of Slugma, Meowstic (M), Pawniard, Shiny Unfezant, (OP) Jumpluff and op move tutored Fire,Thunder,Ice Fang +Outrage Granbull ^_^.

You have to wait for it to be night, after you've talked to your dad, you go back to your house and talk to your mom. Be sure to have grass-water type pokemon with you, will come in handy :P

Edited by timbla

You have to wait for it to be night, after you've talked to your dad, you go back to your house and talk to your mom. Be sure to have grass-water type pokemon with you, will come in handy :P

I had a feeling that was it although I feel like I tried that already in fact my computer is set to night time right now

Thanks for the help

• Global Mods

My Granbull actually doesn't have Intimidate, because I didn't check its ability after picking it up (I thought Intimidate was the only ability Snubbull and Granbull could have), but now that 3.2's out and wild encounters appear in Dam Valley and the Sawmill, I'll try again later today. Will also get a Ducklett.

There's a move tutor? I didn't know that.

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch

I had a feeling that was it although I feel like I tried that already in fact my computer is set to night time right now

Thanks for the help

Oh and i would say that ducklett is the best choice of pokemon to have with you at the time. Any flying type would do but especially ducklett xD, so if you're not bored or anything, try finding a really good IV one.

My Granbull actually doesn't have Intimidate, because I didn't check its ability after picking it up (I thought Intimidate was the only ability Snubbull and Granbull could have), but now that 3.2's out and wild encounters appear in Dam Valley and the Sawmill, I'll try again later today.

There's a move tutor? I didn't know that.

Yeah there is a move tutor, a grandma up in the hill where you get the slugma egg.

-Oops, sorry for double posting e.e, so bad at this :>-

Oh and i would say that ducklett is the best choice of pokemon to have with you at the time. Any flying type would do but especially ducklett xD, so if you're not bored or anything, try finding a really good IV one.

Don't worry I'm always bored and looking for something to do so finding a decent ducklett shouldn't be a problem I'll get on it

Edit: got one it learns pretty decent moves fairly early

Edited by micky33000000

Sweet, checking out other fan games as we wait for the next episode of Reborn and was pretty pleased when I started playing this one.

Started recording as well as there didn't seem to be anyone else doing it.

Anything I should know that isn't obvious from just playing the game?
What's your time frame been like for development for this as well? Just doing it casually as you feel fit or has it been a whole years work thus far with minimal down time?

Would you estimate the next installment to be another bunch of months?

Either way, looking forward to checking out whats available atm. Seems pretty fun. Especially liking the more open world feeling that comes with not being routed through specific gyms.

This game is good to start with,I start playing this game sometime early this month lag is a problem but not that much,good story and city look good but I got a bit annoy when I beat that guy that teat you when you got Espur and after that hp didn't heal then I bump into trainer and lost,maybe you should make our pokemon to get heal after that battle.

Sweet, checking out other fan games as we wait for the next episode of Reborn and was pretty pleased when I started playing this one.

Started recording as well as there didn't seem to be anyone else doing it.

Anything I should know that isn't obvious from just playing the game?

What's your time frame been like for development for this as well? Just doing it casually as you feel fit or has it been a whole years work thus far with minimal down time?

Would you estimate the next installment to be another bunch of months?

Either way, looking forward to checking out whats available atm. Seems pretty fun. Especially liking the more open world feeling that comes with not being routed through specific gyms.

I started in April/May 2014, 1st episode released in July/August 2014, 2nd in April 2015 and 3rd in July 2015. The version 4 has more content to make than the previous three. There were quite a few times when I didn't work on the game for weeks. Definitely did it casually whenever I felt like it. I'm trying to work faster, which is done by having more experience. But I can't say I'll try to work more, because I'm a student and I have exams. I don't have any estimate, because my motivation is fluctuating heavily, and so is my free time available to work on it. I just don't like making promises that I can't hold. I can say that the version 4 is definitely going to happen sometime, since when I start something I tend to finish it.

Also thanks for the feedback on the game everyone, I take everything that is said into account to try to improve, fix and rebalance the whole thing for v4.

I started in April/May 2014, 1st episode released in July/August 2014, 2nd in April 2015 and 3rd in July 2015. The version 4 has more content to make than the previous three. There were quite a few times when I didn't work on the game for weeks. Definitely did it casually whenever I felt like it. I'm trying to work faster, which is done by having more experience. But I can't say I'll try to work more, because I'm a student and I have exams. I don't have any estimate, because my motivation is fluctuating heavily, and so is my free time available to work on it. I just don't like making promises that I can't hold. I can say that the version 4 is definitely going to happen sometime, since when I start something I tend to finish it.

Also thanks for the feedback on the game everyone, I take everything that is said into account to try to improve, fix and rebalance the whole thing for v4.

That's great man, glad to have heard back.

Keep going at whichever pace you like. Its all about having fun and sharing that fun with others!

female meowstic has male meowstic's lvl up movepool and ability :/ just another minor complaint and does anyone know what happened to the children after they are abducted by metalguard peeps? o.o

edit: also i am completely dumbfounded by the lilipads in dead town. where exactly am i supposed to go after i encounter the ted river survival guy, i keep on going in circles :(

Edited by bloo123

Anyone have the answer to when and where I overcome the level 20 cap?
I'm about to enter the Telegraph Hill Tower but still can't level above 20.

Makes beating the rival here wayyyy more difficult than it needs to be at this point with such few pokemon available, even with full EV training done on all 6 members of my team!

Am I missing something major about this game or am I just missing the place I was meant to be allowed to level my pokemon again?

Being underleveled and not being able to switch out for 1 to 1 match up counters is a level of difficulty the game doesn't need imo.

EDIT Alright answered my own question there, now I can go to 35. If I could give feedback so far its lower Elissa's pokemon. Its quite arduous being her with underleveled pokemon AND not being able to switch out for proper match ups.

Now I'm noticing pokemon over level 25 aren't obeying. Is that intentional? If so, will it be changed in the immediate future. Once again fighting pokemon nearly 10 levels higher and going over 25 makes it even harder!

In the Dead Town jumping puzzle atm.

Edited by MetrololAce

• Global Mods

Anyone have the answer to when and where I overcome the level 20 cap?

I'm about to enter the Telegraph Hill Tower but still can't level above 20.

Makes beating the rival here wayyyy more difficult than it needs to be at this point with such few pokemon available, even with full EV training done on all 6 members of my team!

Am I missing something major about this game or am I just missing the place I was meant to be allowed to level my pokemon again?

Being underleveled and not being able to switch out for 1 to 1 match up counters is a level of difficulty the game doesn't need imo.

EDIT Alright answered my own question there, now I can go to 35. If I could give feedback so far its lower Elissa's pokemon. Its quite arduous being her with underleveled pokemon AND not being able to switch out for proper match ups.

Now I'm noticing pokemon over level 25 aren't obeying. Is that intentional? If so, will it be changed in the immediate future. Once again fighting pokemon nearly 10 levels higher and going over 25 makes it even harder!

In the Dead Town jumping puzzle atm.

There was a level 25 control badge in the URN base. Didn't Sage point them out?

Quick question: Where am I able to buy vitamins(ex. protiens and irons) so that I can evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop? I am up to the part where I have to fight Hectobald in the Aegis Underground.

To my knowledge there is nowhere that you can buy vitamins, but there is an EV training center that you can use to evolve it correctly, just be prepared to murder hundreds of little bugs.

To my knowledge there is nowhere that you can buy vitamins, but there is an EV training center that you can use to evolve it correctly, just be prepared to murder hundreds of little bugs.

Okay, I already made sure that both the defense and attack stats were trained to 31, but whenever I try to evolve Tyrogue, he becomes a Hitmonlee. Tyrogue's stats down below...

post-49777-0-60478900-1437487070_thumb.png

post-49777-0-35513400-1437487079_thumb.png

There was a level 25 control badge in the URN base. Didn't Sage point them out?

Interesting, no. I'll have to watch back the footage to see if I actually missed it then or if it just didn't occur.

This was my biggest issue with the game though. I ran into a few different issues like this. Events that clearly had a set path scripted out both in the creator's mind and in the game, but because I did things a slightly different way it essentially broke the game for me.

That's one piece of advice I would make sure to incorporate moving forward. You need to assume that if there IS a way to bypass an important part of the game, a player will find a way especially unintentionally. That level of accountability is mandatory in these games, imo.