Things Ame should do (lol not do) in Pokemon Reborn.

Reignited'Light

Pulse Ditto

Being able to transform into either any pokemon or any pokemon in your party

You send out a Blaziken he transforms into Talonflame and brave birds you

You send out a Charizard he transforms into Blastioise

Not sure how this would work though..

While the idea of a Super Ditto like that is awesome and needs to be in SOME kind of fanmade Pokemon game, it won't be a PULSE. If you look at all of team Meteor's PULSE Pokemon, they're made for destruction and causing chaos, not specifically combat.

Tangrowth=overrunning the city with plants

Muk=poisoning the lake

Camerupt=erupting a volcano on top of a school

Bigglesworth=turning part of the city into a trash heap

Abra=teleporting crap around to confuse everyone and cause chaos in general, origionally to teleport the Meteors straight to Arceus so they could destroy the city without the four keys

Clauncher=super lazer, enough said

Mr. Mime=cutting off all contact between cities, which will eventually lead to the slow death of one or both

Whatever's behind the ice wall in Ametrine Mountain=see Mr. Mime

Whatever's behind the sleeping people in Agate (Hypno maybe?)=making everyone who enters an area fall asleep, turning it into a dead zone AND see Mr. Mime

What kind of thing would a PULSE Ditto that isn't just fighting?

But I agree, the general idea of the super ditto needs to exist somewhere, somehow, in some fanfgame.

Edited by Eagleby18

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lightning rod goldeen makes the early game too easy. Countering both Elekid and Magby, and the first gym with one pokemon is not cool. Is there another fish we can replace it with? What about Luvdisc?

Goldeen completely sucks in all other regards. Having a niche use for the first part of the game isn't a dealbreaker, it's fine.

lightning rod goldeen makes the early game too easy. Countering both Elekid and Magby, and the first gym with one pokemon is not cool. Is there another fish we can replace it with? What about Luvdisc?

Like Ultra said, Goldeen isn't a really big problem. It's good for the first battle against Aster and Eclipse along with the first gym, but that's about it. Seaking's base stats aren't really that great and it's abilities and movepools are pretty average. Ralts, Scrafty, and Magby were moved because they were exceptional during the early game while still being strong through mid and late. Meanwhile Magikarp was removed because it trivialized the whole damn game.

Ame should add a SuperMLGBaller mode, all the AI are guarantee hax, the MC can only have 5 pokeballs throughout the game. Healing items are disabled and pokemon centers charge. And last your starter is the derpiest magikarp that comes with an everstone, and you can't remove it.

^Thinking about it... fighting some Meteor member with 6 PULSE Dittos sounds like a pretty possible idea Ame could put into the game... I personally think it would be a really good idea if Ame did, not kidding:D

Wonder Guard would be an impossibility tho

Here's an idea, what if an additional game was made in coalition with Pokémon Reborn where the train that the player was travelling on in the introduction stopped when travelling by the 1R253 Scrapyard in Tourmaline Desert (thus suffering the same fate as many other trains that travel by and now reside in the Scrapyard) and the player had to start in Tourmaline (Since we still haven't explored the Tourmaline Desert in the game yet I'm assuming it's gonna be post-game... so the player would have to start the game in an area of high-level pokémon .-.)

Battling against 6 PULSE Ditto would be rather difficult (if not impossible) but idk as for the desert thing: if you start in an area with high level Pokemon with only your lv5 starter you die (no amount of strategy will save you)

Battling against 6 PULSE Ditto would be rather difficult (if not impossible) but idk as for the desert thing: if you start in an area with high level Pokemon with only your lv5 starter you die (no amount of strategy will save you)

Also why not a post game "Boss Rush" battle against a trainer who has caught all the pulse pokemon we've fought/seen/known until now (Tangrowth, Muk, Abra, Mr Mime and Clawitzer) at the Nightclub?

Also why not a post game "Boss Rush" battle against a trainer who has caught all the pulse pokemon we've fought/seen/known until now (Tangrowth, Muk, Abra, Mr Mime and Clawitzer) at the Nightclub?

Yer stealing mah boss rush idea mate go back a page and u'll see,,, but this one is a bit different so if give you that, seems fun though but I dont think it will happen

unless the trainer is a heartless meteor because pulse pokes are supposed to be hooked on to a pulse machine which hurts them. Oh just the taught alone, you monster. kidding though

Also arclight the dj of the nightclub doesn't aprove of pokemon hurting, remember the caged up pokes in 7th street so it wouldn't be there

Ashes, on 22 Sept 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

^Maybe the train crashes rather than just comes to a halt and a passenger on the train (driver?) is fatally injured/loans you a pokémon at a relatively high level... or gives you 6 pokémon (relatively low level... maybe Lv20-40) and the train driver gives a bunch of supplies to each passenger for you to try and make your way through the desert to Reborn City...

Idk I was just speculating the impossible xD

Nah seems fun but if you want something familiar with a other poke fan game search for 'pokemon survival island' its fun
pokemone lvl are random, survival is hard (no centers or shops) and you can choise your starter it can be anyting just not legendary(like lvl.15 charizard)
Edited by Cornerman

It's not really post game atleast not for me. It felt more like the Second part

Everything after 'Spoiler' Red was more postgame for me which wasnt there that much

except for the extra bits like rebattle gym leaders, poke-athlon, game corner,poke safari and legendaries

Edited by Cornerman

After watching some outdated playthroughs, I feel like Ame could do the following to make the game harder:

- Remove Common Candies, or at least make them insanely expensive/scarce

- Give earlier Gym Leaders their Hyper Potions back

- Give Shelly her Shell Smash Crustle

- Change the game settings from "Shift" to "Set" so the player can't pre-switch between each Pokémon (srsly, how is that fair?)

- Implement a system similar to the one on Pokémon Showdown that makes a move fail if it would cause a violation of a certain set of clauses (This would mostly be used to prevent players from mindlessly spamming sleep moves)

- Remove Torchic's, Chimchar's, and possibly Froakie's hidden abilities from the starter Pokémon

I can't count the number of times I've seen someone go, "Oh no I'm losing this Gym battle, guess I'll send out my Compoundeyes Butterfree and put all your stuff to sleep!" or "Hmm, I COULD try to find a creative way to beat Samson, orrrrrr I could just use my Speed Boost Blaziken to sweep an entire team that's 10+ levels higher than mine."

After watching some outdated playthroughs, I feel like Ame could do the following to make the game harder:

- Change the game settings from "Shift" to "Set" so the player can't pre-switch between each Pokémon (srsly, how is that fair?)

- Implement a system similar to the one on Pokémon Showdown that makes a move fail if it would cause a violation of a certain set of clauses (This would mostly be used to prevent players from mindlessly spamming sleep moves)

- Remove Torchic's, Chimchar's, and possibly Froakie's hidden abilities from the starter Pokémon

I can't count the number of times I've seen someone go, "Oh no I'm losing this Gym battle, guess I'll send out my Compoundeyes Butterfree and put all your stuff to sleep!" or "Hmm, I COULD try to find a creative way to beat Samson, orrrrrr I could just use my Speed Boost Blaziken to sweep an entire team that's 10+ levels higher than mine."

I agree to some of this. I don't want to sound rude, but I'm actually sick of people saying that "Wow OOO is a pushover! I beat him/her with only a Blaziken/Gyarados!", when other people needed like several attempts to defeat him/her. Maybe its just me overreacting, but I consider that as trolling to be honest

+1000!!! Totally agree with all of that!

If you haven't been careful enough and you have an overlevelled pokemon, deal with that! specially in the first gyms...

I agree with most of this except the Showdown thing that is just silly imo, for the Common Candies i think it's better to increase the price and not remove them as for the starters i think it would be better to receive them (all) without Hidden Abilities and make the Ability Capsules available only after 7th Street.

Edited by Gaunt

I like rotation battles. They were fun~

What if one of the gym battles required you to use rental pokemon, instead of the team that you know inside and out? Make you fight with pokemon you aren't familiar with and you can only win if you figure out the trick to using these unfamiliar pokemon. THAT would be interesting.

What if for the final gym leader you have to climb up a battle pyramid style building without a partner and all battles were either rotation or triples. And the leader had all PULSE Pokémon

Edited by ! HC ! PokeLuke