Surge Story: Chapter 1- "Cadets" [Completed IC thread]

Sutoratosu

Oak stood to meet Clint's questions as two soldiers, both with medical training ran over to take his place by Lars, who was still on his knee's clutching his head and had yet to respound.

He winced at the 'pops' part, and ignored the rise in Clint's voice, addressing him calmly

"One, I'm not your father nor an old man, so do not address me as pops. Two, We don't exactly know what happened with the thunder being, but we're calling it a second storm encounter for now.

He turned to Erick

"That was the same creature you saw that day, wasn't it?"

Erick nodded, not saying anything or meeting Oak's eyes

He turned back to Clint

"If you watched the news around two months five years ago, I'm sure you would know about the first storm encounter. As for what just happened with Lars, he brought this upon himself in a way."

He turned his eyes to the still crouching young man

"I specifically told him not to disturb Clemont while he was focusing on the task, but he clearly did not listen to me! once he interfered with his concentration, some force tried to take over clemont. We were lucky that he realized this and helped to stop himself from killing Lars."

That was when Nathan strode over and scolded Clint. He couldn't help but grin.

"why yes, Grey, I couldn't have put it better myself..."

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Oak's explanation and Nathan's rant Clint looked away and finished off his cigarette, he was getting more and more irritated with the situation as time went on, but Oak had done as he requested.

"Alright, well uh, sorry about that professor, if you need anythin', ya know like help with the situation, just let me know." Clint looked back over to Nathan, the lashing had seriously pissed him off. "What the hell is his problem." He wondered to himself, but bit his tongue on a comeback.

Nathan nodded his head. "Thank you, sir." He wasn't sure how Oak figured into the ranking structure, but it was safe to assume he was higher than Nathan. "Now, do we have any leads on what, exactly, caused the interference? It's one thing to hack into a computer system; it's a whole 'nother ball game to, well, mind control something." He wished, once again, that he could get back into the air. Standing around with his hands in his pants wasn't getting anything accomplished, and he had no idea what he was supposed to do with his GAOs. They didn't look like they would be particularly powerful in combat, and he didn't know that there was any way of increasing their strength other than by doing whatever had transformed the little fox thing.

Oak listened as Nathan thanked him and asked for leads

"Well, Grey, I'm afraid we have no leads for this, unfortuanately."

He looked over to clemont, who was still in a deep slumber on the ground.

"I would have him try and find what it was that tried, but we might have the same situation on our hands if I did that, and next time might not end well..."

Oak walked over and pulled out clemont's capsule, calling him back to it in a flash of red light.

"Though, perhaps an answer is right beneath our noses... Dear mother of God..."

Oak pulled out a phone and called the base.

"Yes, Reginold, it's me, Oak. Tell me, what's going on with #156...?"

Oak walked away as the Call continued, signalling Ray over, the young Doctor came running and listened in as the two approached the treeline...

Sid got some bits of the story and action as he saw the ending where the fox like creature was dropped to sleep, He was struggling to get to the Medic team on one foot being half of his body was numb with Shinx following him. He realized that Lars is in worst shape than he is. As Oak got his hands full trying to contact something and Clint and Nathan seems to bicker after that incident.

Sid manage to get through and turns to Dr.Ray feeling ashamed as his right arm begins to twitch, he grab the doctor's shoulder from the back with his arm and said with a humble voice "Hey doc, can you help me?I know this is a bad time but seems that i have run into trouble myself" as he continues to twitch and in pain. "by trouble i mean stupidity, I was training Shinx and using me as a target, I got bitten (thunder fang) and got the feeling of numbness like everytime i move a jolt of electricity is soon to follow, got some medication or some sort to cure this?"

((don't know who is occupy at this moment I just assumed Dr.Ray isn't))

Edited by typhlosionrulez

He stood in a corner, silently. Up until this point, it seemed like nobody noticed him. However, he did get his balls, containing specimens named Murkrow and Slowpoke. "Well, I guess it's time for me to release you two." As he threw the first ball, a hippo-like creature came out.

post-46703-0-81221500-1397565277_thumb.jpg

At first, it seemed like the creature was powerful, but after staring at it for two full minutes, Lionel realised that it hadn't even moved yet. "What the hell? Can you actually fight if you can't move?" As answer, the Slowpoke yawned and turned on his back. Oh great...a creature that can hardly fight. Why does this have to happen to me? "Hm... Do I really have to come up with a name for you? I guess Buddy will do." He sighed as he recalled Buddy. The other one should better be stronger... He released the 'Murkrow' from his ball, and looked as a raven-like bird with red eyes came out and landed on his shoulder.

post-46703-0-28178100-1397565274_thumb.png

The GAO glared at him, with pleasure and anxiousness in his eyes, but for half a second, Lionel thought he saw evil in the creature's eyes. Pure evil. Then the Murkrow regained his usual happy look. This thing is certainly more powerful than Buddy...but can I trust it? That look in his eyes... "I'll name you Shadow." Shadow seemed to be happy as Lionel called him by his new name. He couldn't find any traces of evilness anymore in his eyes. Did I imagine it? Before he had time to think more about it, he heard a loud, unearthy roar. As he looked the other way, he could only see a glimpse of a tiger-like thing that was apparently controlling thunderclouds before it jumped away. As if that wasn't terrible enough, Shadow started to freak out as soon as he saw the creature, pecking and clawing at Lionel. Lionel saw no other choice than to recall Shadow, and went to look for one of his superiors, in the hope they could explain the unusual behavior of Shadow...and maybe also what that gigantic tiger was. If I could have an ally like that one... It wouldn't be necessary anymore to stay in this army... I could just use it to help me find my sister... I don't think there would be anything else more powerful.

Ray was halfway to the treeline. following Oak, when Sid came out of nowhere and tugged his sleeve, asking for help.

Ray examined him, seeing the heavy paralysis in the young mans body, He reached into the medical bag on his side and pulled out a container, unscrewing the lid and dumping two small, blood red pills into his hand, each one labeled Cheri. He pressed both of the pills into sid's hand.

"Take those pills with some water..."

He took out a bottle of water, and tossed it at Sid, it landed at his feet.

"And that paralysis should clear up soon."

With that, he continued after Oak to the treeline, not waiting for Sid's response.

He could hear the conversation continue as Oak stopped at the trees

"Tell me, What Are you seeing in it exactly..."

Salem came over and waited at Ray's side as the call continued on speaker phone, The Large Tiger making sure to be watchful for any eavesdroppers...

The more Logan saw about the GAO’s, the more interested he became. He was fascinated by the transformation Surge’s GAO had after touching a stone. He wondered if his own creatures could do that and decided to ask Professor Oak or Dr. Ray in the near future. For now, he would focus on what Crush meant by giving him grass. Maybe there were GAO that could manipulate grass?
Logan was in deep thought, trying to come up with other theories, that he missed part of the commotion.

Apparently Oak’s fox-man used some kind of attack on Lars. It didn’t take long before Erick and Clint got involved and even Nathan, who didn’t seem to be very fond of Clint. Logan wondered if he should check on the situation even though it wasn’t his business.

While Logan wasn’t paying attention, Crush found an interesting looking GAO. The turtle walked towards the creature, which looked like a spinning top, and looked at it with curiosity on its face.

"Where the hell is that professor?" Lionel was walking around in the camp, but he didn't see Oak anywhere. "Maybe he's in the forest or something..." He went into the forest, while releasing Shadow from his ball again. "Better?" The Murkrow croaked. "Alright then, Shadow, help me find professor Oak." Shadow's eyes were a lot better than Lionel's, so Lionel followed Shadow as they were following the treeline. Suddenly, the giant tiger Ray showed to them before, appeared right in front of him, and snarled at him. "Oooooooooh boy."

Ray noticed Salem bound off into the trees a few feet a way, snarling.

He followed and saw Lionel.

"Heel, Boy!" He said to salem.

Immedietly the tiger stood down and went back over to where the phone call was still in session.

Ray stared hard at Lionel

"Listen, Right now, whatever Question you have will just have to wait, we have some very important matters to sort out at this moment."

He turned and headed back to Oak, looking back at lionel for a sec

"Oh, and don't eavesdrop. This is one thing none of you are authorized to hear about, so turn around, and head back to the group. I promise that either Oak or myself will answer your inquiry later."

With that, he strode back over to Oak...

Edited by Legendaries tamer

Lionel walked back to the camp, muttering to himself. "What the hell was that... A private conversation?" He looked up, and to his relief, Shadow still flied above him. "Come, Shadow!" He yelled. The Murkrow landed on his arm. Suddenly, he noticed the cocky man named Sid with a bottle of water and some red things that looked like pills or something. A blue-yellow creature walked next to him. As soon as Shadow noticed the GAO, he began to freak out again, just like the previous time, and Lionel had to recall him. He decided to walk up to Sid, and so he did. "Hey, you, do you have any explanation of why my GAO freaks out when he sees yours?"

Lars grasped his head in agony, unaware of anything but the pain searing through his head. He could grasp faint emotions, for a brief second as the entered his conciousness, but they flitted away before he could come to understand them.

"What's.. going on...?!"

It was difficult for him to process a single thought with the overload of brainwaves passing through him.

"I'm... gonna... die..."

Suddenly, much of the pain lightened. He could feel it being drawn away as another conciousness entered his mind. It seemed familiar... He could feel a willingness to help in the other conciousness, but it seemed to be underdeveloped to the point of simple urges. A thought passed his mind.

"Sleepy...? Are you... helping me...?"

"A...bra..." was the faint reply.

Suddenly the world shifted back into focus. He was on his knees, still in the forest. He lowered his hands from his head, taking a look around. Oak and Ray, along with Clemont, had disappeared, and he was surrounded by medics.

"What... happened...?" he muttered, still a bit weary from the encounter. He had a throbbing headache. He tried to stand up, only to quickly fall back to his knees, grabbing his head in pain.

The medics rushed to help, but he waved them away. He looked around for Sleepy, only to find him sleeping in the grass nearby, probably drained from the encounter.

"Thanks, buddy..." Lars whispered, returning the creature to its sphere. Since he didn't feel up to trying to stand again, he sat down in the grass, waiting for Oak to return so he could figure out exactly what had happened.

"I tried not to disrupt Clemont... As soon as Abra reached out, I pulled him back. But then..." he paused in his thoughts and grimaced as a wave of pain rushed through his head. "So it's a psychic..."

after consuming the pills and still weakened by paralysis still in effect, Sid heard a bird like screech then Shinx shows up went back to his side with a stranger along with it. the stranger ask "Hey, you, do you have any explanation of why my GAO freaks out when he sees yours?"

He mumbles "who's this guy?" as he takes a look at Lionel, Sid replied with a soft spoken voice because of the current stage that he is in with a little arrogance along with it

"The names Sid by the way, really? there's something new i learn everyday. well really don't know bob, we haven't been around with the other cadet's GAO for awhile since i'm not Mr. pleasing personality myself" as he pets Shinx "Well i suppose i should apologize if my buddy here seems to be Intimidating to yours" as he continues to talk

"piece of advice pal, keep a look out for things that is happening here and probably get to know your GAO a little better if you want to survive."

Edited by typhlosionrulez

"piece of advice pal, keep a look out for things that is happening here and probably get to know your GAO a little better if you want to survive." Normally, if someone would say that to Lionel, he would get angry, but this time, he realised it was true. And there was also the fact that he just stepped up to the fellow named Sid, and that he was kind of rude to him, not considering that Sid might not know the cause either. "Yeah, I guess you're right... Sorry for being rude. My name's Lionel, by the way." Lionel considered his words this time. "The pills you just took- what exactly were they for?"

Sid replied while rolling his sleeve down "Nah, don't sweat it pal i'm not really this nice either, must be that Erick guy's righteous mumbo jumbo rubbing off on me, Anyways the pills was given to me by Dr. Ray, it was supposed to cure paralysis since my little buddy teaser me with his lighting fangs as we're getting to know each other" as Sid sigh "For all i can say if you train them right, they can be a powerful ally. you'll never know what these little critters can pull off"

"Yeah, you're right... Wait, did you say something about lightning?" Lionel began to think. First I thought Shadow went crazy because of the powerful looks of that giga-tiger GAO, but now he's also freaking out when he sees a small critter like this one... And they both use electricity! That can't be a coincidence! Lionel sent out Shadow, in a way that he wouldn't be able to see the cat-like GAO. "Shadow! Is it possible that you are afraid of electricity and lightning?!" The Murkrow looked ashamed, and then nodded slightly. "So that was it..." He turned back to Sid. "I finally know what this little crow is afraid of. So...thanks I guess." Then Lionel recalled Shadow again, making sure he wouldn't see Sid's GAO, and walked away. But that Sid...at first I thought he was just a show-off, but actually he isn't that bad...

Edited by Bibarel

Despite the conflicts going on among the cadets, Keaton kept to himself. However, even doing that wouldn't keep him from potential trouble.
His more favored partner, Axis, was on the ground, spinning slowly. Then, a turtle-like GAO approached it. The turtle seemed to force Axis away from where he was spinning over to Keaton, and begun to spin beside him quickly. Sheriff, too, perked up, but stood her ground. Heat emanated from her, as if she were frustrated at the thing. He looked up from the turtle, at one of the others. Logan, was it? "Sir, your GAO has mine frightened." At this, Sheriff got up from her position, and ran in front of the turtle, blocking its path.

"Woah there, Sheriff. Do not attack." Keaton was now standing, pointing the capsule at Sheriff, ready to return her in case she started conflict.

Jory sighed and walked over to Keaton, shaking his head. "Hey man, I think your GAO just needs to be paid attention to. At least that's the case with this little bundle of awesome right here," he said, the latter part directed at the Nidoran in his arms. He tickled the GAO under her chin, causing her to tilt her head back and spit out a series of sharp, purple needles harmlessly into the forest as she let out something between a laugh and a mew. Jory flinched away from the attack, bringing Nefertiti with him. "Neffi, what was that?" he wondered aloud. "Is that one of your attacks?" The small GAO nodded her head, nuzzling Jory's neck and drifting off to sleep.

“Sir, your GAO has mine frightened.”
Logan looked around him. He didn’t see any superior who they should address with ‘sir’, until he saw his Squirtle was the cause. The turtle had regained his usual cocky attitude and was looking at a small foxlike GAO.
Logan sighed. “Sorry about that.”
He picked up Crush before it could start trouble and wanted to introduce himself, when another cadet showed up and started talking to Keaton. If I remember correctly, his name is Jory. How does he keep his GAO under control like that?

“Excuse me,” Logan said. “How do you keep your GAO under control? Mine do nothing but cause trouble.”

Logan hoped he wasn’t rude by interrupting their conversation. While he had no trouble speaking with Clint and Erick, he didn’t like drawing attention toward him when he didn’t know anything about his conversation partners.

"How do you keep your GAO under control? Mine do nothing but cause trouble."

Jory looked up from Nefertiti, noticing Logan and nodding in acknowledgement to his question. He softly stroked Nefertiti's head, then looked at Logan again. "Honestly, I'm not sure. My mom once told me that I have the rare ability to love unconditionally, but I don't think that's why mine listen. I think they're scared, all of them. I don't think any of them were actually born the way they are. They must be just as frightened of themselves as we are of them. They just need to know that everything is going to be okay." He shifted Nefertiti to his left arm, then stroked Sampson on the nose. The Ponyta tossed his head, removing Jory's hand from himself. Jory frowned, then thought of something. He held the Nidroan in both arms again, turning toward Sampson. "Sampson, this is Nefertiti. She's gonna be like a sister to you now, okay? You and I need to protect her." The equine GAO lowered his head into Jory's arms, sniffing the other GAO before lifting his head back up and looking Jory in the eyes, nodding his head. Jory turned back to Logan. "I'm Jory, by the way. What's your name?"

Logan listened to Jory’s explanation about how he thought the GAO’s were scared. It was hard to imagine that Chimchar and Squirtle needed to be comforted as they stirred up trouble wherever they went. Crush seemed to share that thought as it started to act up.

“I’m Jory, by the way, what’s your name?”

“Logan. And this here is one of my GAO’s, Squirtle. I named him Crush.”
The turtle jumped out of Logan’s arms, turned toward the forest, and used its Water Gun again. This time Crush used more force as to show how strong it could be. Then it turned with a cocky attitude toward the GAO in Jory’s arms.

Logan sighed. "See? Nothing but trouble. This one likes to show off and the other picks fights with everything it sees."

Ten minutes after Lionel left Sid, he decided to see for himself what Shadow was capable of. "Shadow, I know you can Peck, but can you do even more?" The Murkrow spread his wings, and began attacking a nearby tree with his wings, leaving big scratches all over it. "Well, that's...pretty sweet I guess." Then Lionel realised he had another GAO. "Alright Buddy, come out." The Slowpoke landed on the ground, where it immediately lied down. "Oh, for Christ's sake... Buddy, I order you to use one of your 'special attacks' or whatever it's called." Buddy didn't even move. "Come on, can you even do anything?" Buddy answered by yawning in Lionels and Shadows face? "Buddy, what was that good fo-" Suddenly he felt drowsy. "W-what is this..." As he turned around, he saw Shadow sleeping on the ground. "W-what did you..." Then he collapsed to the ground next to his Murkrow.

Jory laughed lightly as the turtle-like GAO fired off its Water Gun into the woods. "Well, aren't you just full of spunk?" he asked the GAO as he bent down, looking it in the eyes. "Have you met Nefertiti yet, Crush?" he asked the turtle.

Crush looked from Jory to Nefertiti as he came closer toward the friendly GAO. Logan was surprised. He expected the turtle’s usual cocky behavior and that it would ignore Jory. The last thing he considered was Crush actually reaching out to get to know Nefertiti.

Edited by Chimchain

Jory reached out to pet the Squirtle on his head, making sure to move slowly. He spoke calmly to Crush, still observing the turtle-thing's every move. "This is Nefertiti, but I like to call her Neffi. She's a... she's my partner, just like you're Logan's. And you know what, Crush? I never really had pets growing up. I always wanted one, but now that I have her and Sampson I can't help but think that there's something more here. She and Sampson are going to be my best friends, I can already tell." Sampson snorted in disagreement, shaking his head. "Well, maybe Neffi. Sampson's playing hard-to-get right now." Jory looked up at the Ponyta and grinned lightly. I'm not alone anymore... Jory wiped something away from his eye and looked back down at Crush. "I think Logan wants to be your friend, Crush. Whaddya say?"

Edited by Jory