Surge Story: Chapter 1- "Cadets" [Completed IC thread]

Sutoratosu

After receiving the cream, Clint released his Tyrogue and Onix and rubbed the Tyrogue with the cream, where it had suffered injuries. Immediately the Tyrogue's injuries seemed to start disappearing and as if the creature had been given a second chance at life it jumped up, seemingly refilled with energy. Then he looked up at the Onix, who appeared to be generally unscathed from the battle with Sid other then the smokescreen to his eyes. Clint beckoned it down and rubbed the cream over it's eye-lids. The huge Onix cooed in enjoyment and got back up, also seemingly refueled.

Clint, Tyrogue and Onix then began to make their way back to the others who had been battling earlier, he knew there wouldn't be zero injuries, so he decided he'd share the cream with the rest of the group and try to get another battle in with them, he wanted to keep testing his partners, specifically the Tyrogue who he noticed wasn't doing nearly as well as the Onix.

By the time Clint had made it back to the group, one of the cadets he didn't recognize was accepting another cadets challenge. Before they began he decided to shout out, "Yo, who needs some healin' cream for ya partners, betta' get them back into tip top shape, so that my big pimpin' can beat their asses lata'." Clint laughed and waited for anyone to respond.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint was bewildered by Nathan's sudden change of heart, "Wasn't this the cat, who tried to stop me and Sid's fight?" However, before he could respond his tiny Tyrogue rushed forward and presumed the stance Clint had taught him earlier. Clint chuckled, then looked over to Nathan, "Alright man, well since you decided to change ya mind about the whole sparring thin' I guess we'll get to it," Clint looked over to the lizard who had managed to do a small amount of damage to his Onix earlier, "I know ya ain't my biggest fan, but remember we all on the same team here, so if you don't go for any killin' blows neither will I," then Clint turned to his Tyrogue, "And Rock, stay on the defensive here, this thing is reckless, make it come to you then give it the one-two, got it?" the Tyrogue nodded as it awaited the opponent's attack.

Lars smiled nervously at the large horse. Sampson, he had called it.

"He sure is a big one... I don't know if either of mine can handle that, but I'd better at least try."

He took out both capsules and released his GAOs. Sleepy sat on the ground, eyes still closed, breathing slowly. When Nidoran came out, he looked around before turning his back to Lars.

"Oh come on, you aren't still mad about the name, are you? I can try to come up with a better one..."

The Nidoran gave no response. Lars sighed.

"All right Sleepy, I guess you're up. I don't even know if you're awake or not..."

Sleepy didn't move. Lars picked up the Abra and placed the it a few feet in front of him.

"I don't really want to have him get hurt, but I need to figure out exactly what he's capable of. Besides, we agreed to try not to cause too much harm."

He thought back to the event with Clemont.

"He's shown that he has telepathy, so I suppose he must have some sort of psychic powers..."

Lars looked at the creatures frail body.

"You don't exactly look like you can take a hit though, do you..." he muttered. "Still, mind over matter, right?"

He turned to Jory. "All right, I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be..."

Jory frowned slightly as Lars sent out Buddy. I know it's gotta have some kind of psychic ability, but I don't want Sampson to break it in half... he thought to himself, perplexed as to how to order his GAO to attack the other without being overly rough about it. "Can you send some fire his way?" he asked the horse-thing. The Ponyta looked back at Jory expectantly, once again blowing sparks and hot air out of his nose. That brought to mind some of the other supernatural things these GAOs could do. Like Virtue making that invisible barrier. Suddenly, Jory grinned to himself and snapped his fingers, entirely satisfied with his conclusion. They're key words. Barrier, Tackle. They're just simple command words. "Alright, Sampson! Shoot some embers at it!" The equine GAO responded immediately, opening his mouth and blowing a stream of orange-tinted hot air and sparks toward the smaller GAO. "Alright!" Jory cheered as his Ponyta was able to use an ability. What was that, Shoot? Embers? It's gotta be Embers.

Edited by Jory

"Get ready to counter that Rock!" Clint yelled out, which caused the Tyrogue to shift into a completely new stance as if ready to embrace the hit. The Icarus, then rushed forward causing a humongous blow to the Tyrogue, however the pink energy that the Bagon had released into the Tyrouge, suddenly was sent back into Rocky's hands. Then as soon as the Tyrogue had gained control of the energy he punched Iccarus and released all of the energy into the Bagon.

"Nice Rocky!" Clint was shocked he had no idea how that had happened, "Get back into ya defensive stance!" The Tyrogue responded by getting back into the stance Clint had taught him, however it was obvious that the headbutt had done a significant amount of damage as his inner chest was dripping blood.

Icarus rolled backward with the powerful counter and came to a rest at Nathan's feet. It looked to be unconscious, and was going to stay that way. He fumbled for the capsule and quickly recalled the fallen lizard. "Charmander, it's your turn." Before ordering it to attack, he called out to Clint. "Hey, are you sure that guy can still fight? He's in rough shape."

"He's fine, he's a tough fighter!" Clint yelled out to Nathan, although he did agree that the Tyrogue looked to be severely injured, however Clint still had the healing cream and as such was not too worried about the state of his partner knowing full well that he could just fix it up later, "Alright, Rocky hit it with a jump kick, just like you did to Sid's guy," A fire burnt in Rocky's eyes, however it's body didn't respond as well. The Tyrogue did as it's master instructed, but it was slow to move as it gave a weak leap at the flaming lizard.

The Tyrogue fell forward and landed on its head, but before it could react it was immediately faced with a number of flaming embers being spewed at him. "Shit get rid of them!" Clint yelled out, worried about his partner. Rocky responded by rapidly spinning about on it's head, and the faster it went the quicker the flames extinguished. "Nice going Rock now get him!" The Tyrogue got up quickly and eyed up it's opponent, however as soon as it got up it quickly fell forward and collapsed.

"Shit hold up!" Clint ran forward and checked the Tyrogue's mouth. "Good it's still breathing," Clint thought to himself as he began applying the healing lotion. After he was done applying the lotion he picked up his Tyrogue and tossed the bottle over to Nathan, "Here man this will make ya guys heal up quicker, and besides I won't need it after big pimpin' gets his way!"

Clint then motioned for the Onix to enter the battlefield as he and Tyrogue exited the battlefield. "Alright big pimpin' now's ya chance light 'em up with one of dem electric attacks!" The Onix turned back to its master dumb-founded it had no idea of how to respond to that command, "Uhh... ok I guess ya not an electric type?"

Well, while he's confused, it gives me time to think. Something tells me that fire won't do a whole lot to a rock. "Can you do that glowy headbutt thing too?" Charmander proceeded to run up to the Onix and scratch at it with its underdeveloped claws. Oh, boy, this is gonna go well . . . Nathan thought pessimistically.

The Onix then turned to the small fire-lizard its attention redirected by the tiny scratch, "Alright big pimpin' well can ya do anythin' special or are you just really big?" With that the Onix whipped it's tail at the small fire-lizard, however before it hit a small rock, possibly the size of the Charmander's head, was released from its tail which accelerated forward toward the lizard as the larger tail avoided making contact with the Charmander.

((You already have the cream, Clint tossed it over after putting it on Tyrogue))

Clint walked over and patted his massive Onix on the ... stones, "Good job big pimpin', one day we'll get you a fair battle," Clint then walked over and extended his hand towards Nathan, "Good battle dude, that first lizard ya got is real tough, if Rocky didn't pull out that lil' maneuver he mighta been done for."

Nathan sat with his two fallen GAOs and started rubbing the cream on the areas he thought were afflicted, though it was difficult to tell with Bagon as it showed no visible wounds. It didn't look like Charmander handled rocks all that well, but what is Icarus here weak to? He doesn't seem afraid of anything.

Keaton looked up from Baltoy, watching a battle between two other soldiers. One was the pilot and the other was the owner of the giant rock snake. However, through the battle, the two tossed some bottle or container of, according to one of them, a healing cream. He looked down at Baltoy's shimmering red lines, and walked over to the pilot. "Hey, I was wondering if I could get some of that cream. My battle went far worse." Keaton again looked down, frustrated with Lionel. Nothing good would come of being mad at him, but he needs to control that creature of his. Everyone else could, to some degree. He had no reason to forgive the person.
Snapping out of his thoughts, Keaton awaited the man's response.

Finally, he got the healing cream. Setting Axis down, he got to work on spreading this on the wound.
"I dunno. What does he do? He's got that flaming tail and an orange coat. I'm guessing Ginger wouldn't quite work. Lumos, or Lumin? Words that sound like illuminate? Because of his tail." Keaton shook his head. "I dunno."
He finished spreading the cream, fingers crossed that it would work.
And it did. Axis started levitating again, and the red lines shone back to their original state. "Whew... Thank you.. I'm sorry, what was your name?" Keaton asked the man.

Lionel had watched the battle between Clint and Nathan. The battle got one-sided as soon as Clint sent out the giant snake. It seemed as if no GAO was able to best it. But more importantly, he also saw that Keaton was talking to Nathan after the battle ended. As Lionel patted the Slowpoke's head, he said: "I guess it's better if I try to avoid him for now... I should apologise later though." Then he walked over to Clint. "Do you, by any chance, have some healing cream left? Buddy's hurt, but not harshly. It's not too critical."

((I thought Keaton has the cream))

Sid observing his surroundings as his fellow cadets socialize with each other as he comfortably seated in a nearby tree shade with his GAO by his side, his ears heard about the healing cream Clint was passing around, He wakes up Shinx as he commanded "I want you to run a little errand peep squeak, see that container of healing cream between that pilot and the guy with the fedora. i want you to get it for Smoke here and a little for yourself." As Shinx tails glows in agreement. Shinx casually walks towards the two cadets as it snatches the container and dashes toward to Sid.

Edit:nah im just gonna take it...

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Clint was checking on his Tyrogue, while the injuries on his body were healing he was not conscious just yet, when he heard Lionel approach. "Nah, man gave it to Nathan, figured he'd need it for his guys, by the way, my fault for makin' fun of ya hippo thing earlier, that thing did work in your fight against Logan."

Edited by Supernovae

As Lionel heard that the medicine was currently with Nathan, who was talking with Keaton, he knew he couldn't just step up to Nathan and ask for the medicine, and then apologise to Keaton and Axis. If he would do that, it would be like he was only apologising because he had to. He would rather apologise when Keaton was alone. He turned to Clint. "W-well, maybe I don't need it so soon anyway. By the way, I don't blame you for making fun of Buddy, since I did not think he would be very powerful either, but that soon proved wrong."

"Alright Sleepy, do something psychic-ish and send those embers back if you can!"

Lars watched anxiously as the embers shot towards Sleepy. He honestly wasn't sure if Sleepy could do anything to defend himself. He didn't appear to have even heard the command. However, right before the embers reached its body, the Abra's eyes began to glow, and the embers were pushed to the side, as if an invisible barrier had stopped them. Lars grinned.

"Yeah! I knew you could do something! Now respond with an attack of your own!"

The Abra made no effort to do anything. Lars frowned.

"You do have... at least one attack, right...?"

The Abra was motionless, sitting in the grass with its eyes closed, as usual.

"Don't tell me you went to sleep again..." Lars moaned.

Jory frowned slightly as Lars sent out Buddy. I know it's gotta have some kind of psychic ability, but I don't want Sampson to break it in half... he thought to himself, perplexed as to how to order his GAO to attack the other without being overly rough about it.

You probably just mixed it up, but I wanted to clarify that Sleepy is the Abra, and Buddy is Lionel's Slowpoke.

Also, I'm using the Egg move Barrier here, but if we're being strict to level-up moves for now, I'll edit it.

Edited by Flux